Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Good to see Pinkie Sanchez gettin' some burn, love that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wazzu posted:

He had drat good reasons- he isn't achieving much with his career (especially not compared to Ricochet that he came up with), and with mounting injuries combined with no interest from WWE, TNA, Lucha Underground, or in general anyone who would pay him good money he thought it better to throw in the towel, mainly.

But yeah, he seems to have fallen into the old pro wrestling trap of saying they'll retire (with a list of good reasons), and instead never retiring ever. Hopefully he'll just stick to training and wrestling at Chikara, and you know, not losing money elsewhere.

He didn't just come up with Ricochet, he trained him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

First two teams for the TWGP have been announced.

Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster
Proletariat Boar of Moldova & Prakash Sabar.

I feel like Team Tremendous is tailor made for this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Well that's a cool way to still have him be apart of the show even after he had to retire. I wonder if UltraMantis being Nazmaldun was always the plan or if this was a change they made recently.

From what I've heard, he was originally tapped as the guy who would beat Hallowicked for the Grand Championship, then his knee went kaboom, so they took a hard left and put the belt on Kimber instead.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

There are times when you should keep your gimmick in check.

Or just straight up not say anything. can't suspend you for that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Or maybe King's finally getting the surgery he needs. Hasn't he needed knee surgery since High Noon, which was like 2 years ago?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just call Sean Maluta or something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I was having a conversation with someone earlier about this but I realise that you folk that still like the product would probably know better.

Who was the weirdest fit for Chikara who worked for them? I mean acts that elsewhere absolutely did not fit the family entertainment vibe.

I can think of Necro and the Blk Out as two that stand out as sore thumbs, but is there anyone else I'm forgetting?

Sean Waltman. Work-style, he 100% fit, but character wise, not so much, he caught himself swearing a couple times and felt bad about it. Also, Iceberg. A 500 lb hardcore guy whose gimmick in NWA Wildside was that he admired people like Ed Gein and did things like choking out Hotsuff Hernandez with a coat hanger. And Sami Callihan, although "Yeah, Toast!" is one of the bigger laughs indy wrestling has ever gotten out of me. Intentionally, anyways.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 12, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I see Chikara's removed the clip of Kingston mauling a very green and fresh faced Donst. There's a point where Kingston open hand slaps Donst and either Donst is a great seller or Kingston walloped the gently caress out of him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I'm pretty sure Kingston walloped the gently caress out of him.

Yeah. I've long wondered if Eddie was told to rough Donst up as a way to keep him humble or if he did it as a "Welcome to the biz, kid" thing. The idea of Quack telling King to do that sounds crazy until you realize that Eddie continued to get pushed pretty strongly after that beating. The entire match is just brutal.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 13, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Various updates added to the previous post about KOT weekend.

Just announced today: Joey Styles will be a new commentator for Chikara.

He's gonna be throwing a LOT of shade at WWE, I'd think

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Working on my list of the 20 funniest Chikara matches, the one takeaway I'm getting here is that I really miss Eddie Kingston's solo commentary, where he gleefully called out everything as being both the best and the worst.

Also, they announced that the finale will be Dasher Hatfield's team (with Ophidian) vs. the HeXed Men in a Cibernetico.

My favourite Eddie Kingston moment comes from IWA-MS when Arik Cannon countered a running move with a nasty right hand, Kingston loses his mind screaming in excitement.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Eddie Kingston and Punk creaming themselves over the Joe/Necro match is something.

Punk's response to Necro kicking out of a big move is great

quote:

I'm going to pull my car around, Joe's is going to throw him out the front door and I'm gonna run the son of a bitch over! If he kicks at two, I'll drive that car right into the ocean.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Cibernetico (Dasher/Ophidian/6 others vs Hallowicked/Kobald/6 others) main events the evening card of the Dec 3 Chicago finale.

And now we have a major match announced for the afternoon card, as it's a Mask vs Mask Match between Amasis and Frightmare.

Gotta think Amasis is doin' the job there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was the right call. Maybe a no-brainer but people seem to struggle with those in wrestling all the time, so good for Quack.

• Locked thread