Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I'm a drunk gay baby

Same except the space between my eyes is abnormally large because of FAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

a happy snowman posted:

This thing is legit blowing up on my FB and it makes me disdain the women who are whining about it
Yeah its not like i was making it up, this is an honest to god pop issue in 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Keep your suggestions off my bad life decisions!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

RandomFerret posted:

can i just say like telling people not to smoke or drink alcohol while they’re pregnant is ableist and classist as gently caress and it needs to stop

first off the majority of smokers/substance abusers are from disadvantaged and poor backgrounds or are struggling with mental health issues and they use it as a coping method so to tell them theyre a bad person for doing that is both classist and ableist

the main argument against it is that your child will come out disabled but honestly if that happens so what??? whats wrong with that??? this whole mindset has deep loving roots in ableist thought process and im loving sick of it. like. why do you hate people with disabilities lol

nobody that would write something like this would acknowledge the existence of class privilege or poverty as a problem

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

i got it off tumblr from somebody with a stephen universe avatar so yeah its real

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Just saw someone share this in response to the cdc anouncements:

http://lisajshannon.com/cdc/

quote:

Men who could potentially interact with women should avoid alcohol consumption, federal health officials should have advised on Thursday, a move that could drastically reduce incidents of men beating the poo poo out of women.

Studies have shown high correlation with male alcohol consumption and rates of violence against women, from date rape to intimate partner violence to femicide. According to the World Health Organization, male alcohol consumption represents one of six key risk factors in intimate partner violence.[1] “Alcohol consumption, especially at harmful and hazardous levels is a major contributor to the occurrence of intimate partner violence and links between the two are manifold,” The World Health Organization reports. “Studies of intimate partner violence routinely identify recent consumption of alcohol by perpetrators.”

“This is real. Why take the chance?” A Center for Disease Control official should have said.

The World Health Organization estimates that one out of three women will survive some form of violence against women in her lifetime. One hundred percent of people over the age of twelve estimate every woman who interacts with men on a semi-regular basis is at risk.

When men who interact with women drink alcohol, the risk of violence increases dramatically. There is no known safe level of violence against women. Violence against women is known to cause death, severe injuries, hospitalization, miscarriage, unwanted pregnancy, permanent disability, post traumatic stress disorder, among other devastating impacts.

A slew of economic reports have found, violence against women routinely costs nations around the world somewhere between 1 percent to 10 percent of their gross domestic product. Conservative estimates place the cost to the United States domestic economy at 5.8 billion per year.[2]

Doctors should routinely screen men who interact with women for alcohol use, “both before and after interacting with females, and should provide support for men to stop use of alcohol when planning to interact with females, “ advised another non-existent Center for Disease Control official.

Some men who hope to interact with women prepare by engaging in basic grooming habits, such as brushing their teeth or bathing, but experts advise these actions have little impact when under the influence on alcohol and making the choice to rape, molest, or beat the poo poo out of females.

Still, Center for Disease Control officials would have to acknowledge asking men to refrain from alcohol consumption would be a tough sell.

“Some men will take this advice.” CDC officials did not say, “Some will not.”

The backlash against these recommendations is sure to be swift, with men’s rights groups taking a stand. “It is a sad day when the government relates to all men as irresponsible rapists and abusers who can’t think for themselves.”

However, women’s rights groups are expected to applaud the recommendation.

“In many cases of unintended violence, men inadvertently expose women and girls to horrific injuries and terror,” Dr. Madeup Smith, the organization’s president, said in a statement. “This is just another reason why it’s so important that health care providers counsel men about how to prevent unintended beatings and rape through use of personal responsibility and self control.”

[1] http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/violence/world_report/factsheets/fs_intimate.pdf

[2] http://www.cnbc.com/2013/11/24/domestic-violence-results-in-huge-costs-for-economy.html

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
thanks for the report on Lisa, ArbitraryC we'll keep an eye on er

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Roberto_Silencio posted:

shut the gently caress up

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

ArbitraryC posted:

It probably is good advice for people who are prone to violence while drunk to stop drinking. Not really sure how this detracts from the original message.

Irradiation posted:

Jezebel wants to ensure they have a future reader base.

Hiyooo!

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

DenizenKane posted:

It probably is good advice for people who are prone to violence while drunk to stop drinking. Not really sure how this detracts from the original message.

:agreed:

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
Alcoholic retards poo poo out alcoholic retards news at 11.
Everyone and Everything is terrible but you are even worse than I if you say I shouldn't do Thing.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if femiNAZIS have mentally challenged kids, it just means we can establish the world of gor sooner.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

if femiNAZIS have mentally challenged kids, it just means we can establish the world of gor sooner.

:guinness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45lXXiLbTxM
:black101:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Going to have to side with the ladies on this one guys. Shut down the CDC immediately. We should let our bodies decide when and where to get virulent diseases.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
The body has a way of shutting down alcohol fetuses anyways

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Unironicly true assuming those are the real numbers. Even if they aren't it's still true just with the wrong numbers.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Casimir Radon posted:

How is "Here are some tips to not make more tarded babies" such a hard and controversial topic?

Internet Feminism.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

Unironicly true assuming those are the real numbers. Even if they aren't it's still true just with the wrong numbers.

5.8 billion what, 5.8 BILLION WHAT!??!?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I didn't read the thread nor the OP but I decided to vote 1, hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Don Tacorleone posted: