Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

ChrisHansen posted:

Clam chowder is better than oyster stew

that depends on whether the chowder is just a hot bowl of cream or actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I misread the title as otter soup and got excited. I've always wondered what those cute little fuckers taste like.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

ChrisHansen posted:

Clam chowder is better than oyster stew

on average probably yes, but oyster stew has a much higher potential when made by a pro

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
is ciapino soup or stew? either way ciapino rules

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

JakeP posted:

i had that on christmas and it is a top tier

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks to this thread and the chill in the air I just roasted six pounds of cut beef femur bones with celery carrots and half a big onion and tossed them in the stock pot with s/p garlic and a bay leaf and water I plan to rebrand the ensuing beef stock as "bone broth" and sell for on pinerest at 5bux a tea cup full.

I'm also braising some beef shanks I got for a steal in red wine for future dishes and I now have a ten pound collection of perfect marrow bones in the freezer for "meat butter." Hahhahaha! Thank you ousters soup thread!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

King of Bees posted:

Thanks to this thread and the chill in the air I just roasted six pounds of cut beef femur bones with celery carrots and half a big onion and tossed them in the stock pot with s/p garlic and a bay leaf and water I plan to rebrand the ensuing beef stock as "bone broth" and sell for on pinerest at 5bux a tea cup full.

I'm also braising some beef shanks I got for a steal in red wine for future dishes and I now have a ten pound collection of perfect marrow bones in the freezer for "meat butter." Hahhahaha! Thank you ousters soup thread!

:good:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

u fucker

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JakeP posted:

If it's good it's a stew if they gently caress it up it s a soup

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think a good name for a soupery would be "sweet sassy molassy's soup and suds shoppe" personally

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

i think a good name for a soupery would be "sweet sassy molassy's soup and suds shoppe" personally

:agreed: can I sell bone broth there? (We'll be rich :cheeky:)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

:agreed: can I sell bone broth there? (We'll be rich :cheeky:)

yes

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Feast thine eyes on this

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

rind soup

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

JakeP posted:

drat now you got me thinking about how cheap and easy this is to make

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

wow really let down by the lack of enthusiasm for rinds

for shame

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Another great rind to put in soup are the hard outer rinds of parmesan, just plunk that sucker into the broth and let it simmer and get happy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

im gaye posted:

wow really let down by the lack of enthusiasm for rinds

for shame
nobody wants the three day old picked over backwash riddled soup you fished out of the bottom of GBS, rinds got nothing to do with it

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Another great rind to put in soup are the hard outer rinds of parmesan, just plunk that sucker into the broth and let it simmer and get happy.

Thee truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

CrashCat posted:

nobody wants the three day old picked over backwash riddled soup you fished out of the bottom of GBS, rinds got nothing to do with it

but its good

• Locked thread