Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I for one am sick of the wind mills using up all the wind. The wind is an important part of nature and we should waste it turning it into electricity.

actually an active area of research

this is a type of wind power i can get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

blowfish posted:

the issue is that the geologically best places to put nuclear waste are right under a bunch of rich tories, and yes, not wanting a scandinavian-model reasonably well managed waste dump in under your backyard does make you an obstinate NIMBY, plus the $70bn will also contribute to the repository for every other nuclear plant

alternatively the uk could just contract out nuclear waste disposal to finland or something, because finland has giant chunks of granite all over the place and finnish villages actually like it when the nuclear industry moves in (oh noes, teh evil european union :qq: :britain: :qq:)

The US can't even store waste under no one. It's surrounded by 30,000 square miles of not a god drat thing.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I for one am sick of the wind mills using up all the wind. The wind is an important part of nature and we should waste it turning it into electricity.

agreed. nothing is free. there is a trade off for everything. 100 years from now our mutant offspring will be cursing us for using up all the wind. i think sailors will be hit especially hard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Just dump the waste in the middle east and solve that problem while making a fallout theme park

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Germstore posted:

The US can't even store waste under no one. It's surrounded by 30,000 square miles of not a god drat thing.

nuclear explosions for the national economy could solve this problem

set off underground explosions in a tunnel shaped pattern, dump waste :jeb:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hey, what happens when the wind isn't blowing?

What then?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Hey, what happens when the wind isn't blowing?

What then?

Giant flywheel maybe? I want someone to build one and then for it to flatten a city (preferably in Des Moines).

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
if you take energy from the winds then you'll slow them down and THEN what havoc will you have wrought?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

FishionMailed posted:

if you take energy from the winds then you'll slow them down and THEN what havoc will you have wrought?
We put the wind turbines into reverse and add it back using backup hydroelectric power, duh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hello, I am a democrat and have absolutely no idea how Thermodynamics works, let me tell you about green energy.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
just a quick note here that everyone forgets (because they are loving retarded babies)

we dont have the capacity to "store" that much energy so you can never be totally dependent on wind or solar energy (sometimes its not windy, sometimes its nighttime). the "greenest" solution that we actually have is nuclear, but no one wants to talk about that cause they are the previously mentioned loving retarded babies

im fine with it, but its kind of a waste of time. most of it is subsidized by the government to create busy work for morons and steal our tax money

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Recently in my area people complained about wind power because they think the turbines are making them and their babies sick.

Things turning in circles don't make you sick, ok?
You'd have to be pretty drat dumb to think that windmills make you vaguely sick.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Big Beef City posted:

Recently in my area people complained about wind power because they think the turbines are making them and their babies sick.

You'd have to be pretty drat dumb to think that windmills make you vaguely sick.

There's people that think solar panels steal sunlight and kill surrounding plants.

People are loving morons.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

i went on a carousel once and it made me be sick

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

FishionMailed posted:

There's people that think solar panels steal sunlight and kill surrounding plants.

People are loving morons.

Literally one person thought that. Somehow it got blown up to people thinking it was the whole town because reasons.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

Literally one person thought that. Somehow it got blown up to people thinking it was the whole town because reasons.

I didn't say a whole town, I said people.

lol if you think it's really only 1 person though, just google search it. there's nutters for everything.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

FishionMailed posted:

I didn't say a whole town, I said people.

lol if you think it's really only 1 person though, just google search it. there's nutters for everything.

Go on to any news station's facebook page. Pick any story and read the comments.

Have a handle of booze and a gun ready.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
We need emperor kings again I'm sick of all the idiots and olds voting

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For only the low price of 19.99 a month we will build a fund to erect a wind turbine wherever you die. The best way to ensure you can troll long after death AND still do some good in the world.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

wind turbines look rad as hell. stick them on top of so many hills

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Last summer it was a windy but hot day and I was driving my old mother-in-law somewhere and the stupid loving bitch looks at a wind mill and said, "Ock, I can't believe they waste electricity running those giant fans. We didn't need to have wind all the time when I was little."

I'm not making that up.

I really hate her.

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
Maybe they should give prisoners the option of riding a electricity generating cycle and they get out earlier depending on how many watts they produce. Also enslave the whole bottom 90% of the country, bring back serfdom and human chattel.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

GORDON posted:

Last summer it was a windy but hot day and I was driving my old mother-in-law somewhere and the stupid loving bitch looks at a wind mill and said, "Ock, I can't believe they waste electricity running those giant fans. We didn't need to have wind all the time when I was little."

I'm not making that up.

I really hate her.

This sounds about right.

:shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why don't wind turbines come in any color except boring white?

I wanna see some with cool racing stripes and that make patterns when they spin.

• Locked thread