Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 8 - Part 1 - Emeraude are a bunch of gently caress-ups.
This time around, we have MithosKuu along for the ride. He's also currently doing an LP about another series where an anime robot goes out and blows up other robots.

Nell Aulter posted:

Secret Maneuvers
The Frighteners are gradually rooting out the Ravens employed by the large corporations. In turn, the military strength of the corporations, which depend on the Ravens, is declining.

Raven, you must be very careful.

Emeraude posted:

Part Provision
We have taken notice of your outstanding performance in the Arena as of late, and we'd like to provide you with support.

Please accept this new AC part developed by our company. It should prove useful to you as you advance through the Arena's rankings. We would greatly appreciate your continued efforts on our company's behalf.

Zio Matrix posted:

Encouragement
It seems you've been busy lately. Your resourcefulness in completing missions deserves respect. We look forward to your continued success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Emeraude is poo poo, failing at backstabbing Zio while the LCC is pushing both their poo poo in. You come at the king, you best not miss.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Is there any reason the LCC isn't trying to hire you instead of dealing with fighting you?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Polaron posted:

Is there any reason the LCC isn't trying to hire you instead of dealing with fighting you?

Well, honestly, Balena is working with/for LCC, and we're working for them, so that's kind of like working for LCC?

I think it's more "We have the greatest fighting force on Mars under our direct thumb right now, why bother with hiring directly when we have the Frighteners?"

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, honestly, Balena is working with/for LCC, and we're working for them, so that's kind of like working for LCC?

I think it's more "We have the greatest fighting force on Mars under our direct thumb right now, why bother with hiring directly when we have the Frighteners?"

You did just create an opening within the organization, though :v:

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
That is one funny thing about some of the later AC games. I might be misremembering because it has been years, but in a couple I think it gets to that point where you are finally acknowledged as a big threat by whatever group you happen to be fighting. They throw away a bunch of their best soldiers trying to kill you and inevitably lose, but they at no point just try and hire you.

sleepy.eyes fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 15, 2016

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I don't think you have explained everything on the hud and what a limiter release is yet.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

SugarAddict posted:

I don't think you have explained everything on the hud and what a limiter release is yet.

Pretty sure he went over the limiter release in the first or second episode. That's where you get infinite energy for a short time and then your power level goes to 0 and has to recharge.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Polaron posted:

You heard how much the LCC rep was dripping with condescension every time he had to hire you early on, right? They obviously don't think they need you.

Plus, it sounds like the Frighteners are doing a good job killing most of the Ravens they encounter. You're an outlier.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Casualty posted:

Pretty sure he went over the limiter release in the first or second episode. That's where you get infinite energy for a short time and then your power level goes to 0 and has to recharge.

Yeah, and I've talked about every basic HUD element that isn't self explanatory (like the altimeter or view angle indicator).

The special arena hud elements haven't been talked about yet, but they're mostly/all fluff besides the one at the bottom showing what weapon they have equipped. Thankfully that's all covered in the next arena vid anyways. :ssh:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

The Casualty posted:

Oh, I got horribly bored in the second video, so I must have missed it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I covered it 16 minutes into the first.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 16, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 8 - Part 2 - "Special Forces, no!"
Still joined by MithosKuu this time around, and I talk through why I spend all my time boost hopping everywhere instead of just choosing to not drive like a spaz.

Nell Aulter posted:

Operation Failed
It has been confirmed that the Frighteners were responsible for demolishing Emeraude's raiding party. They obtained information regarding the attack, interrupted it and destroyed both forces.

Emeraude has lost nearly all its military strength and is being pushed into a corner by LCC. But, it is unlikely that Emeraude will give up without a fight. We will contact you again.

Nell Aulter posted:

About Klein
We here at the Nerves Concord have been secretly investigating Leos Klein, the leader of the Frighteners. In doing so, we've learned some interesting things about him.

We've recovered his Arena registration, which dates back to the subterranean era. It appears as though Klein was a member of the the mercenary mediation group known as the Raven's Nest.

Also, Klein's name appears on the roster as a member of the initial Mars Research Team that was funded by Zio Matrix.

Who on earth is he?

Nell Aulter posted:

Balena & Special Forces
It has been confirmed that Balena Corporation has modified the Frighteners' ACs. This indicates that they are working closely with LCC.

It's also rumored that Balena is developing new weapons based on Disorder technologies. If these weapons become available to the Special Forces, the outcome will be easy to predict.

The Special Forces pose a formidable threat. Be careful.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
So recently you covered that falling/landing recovery is affected by stability, is it a binary 'you've fallen too far so you have a fixed recovery' or a 'the further you fall the harder you have to recover' type thing?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's just the height that you have to fall to be stunned is determined by your stability. So using a lightweight biped means you'd have to fall about twice the height of your AC to be stunned, but with heavy tank legs, you might as well be immune to being stunned from falling except from a ludicrous height.

Anywho, now that everything has calmed down a bit, from now until the end of AC2 I should have an episode up on Fridays and Mondays. But before I get to Another Age, I have to ask, how do you guys feel about length? Another Age is all missions, all the time, and I've been doing about five missions per video, but if things are a bit too long, I can cut down to three or four to hopefully make it so people who don't want to don't have to go out of their way to plop down half an hour on anime robots.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I don't mind half an hour long videos but you can cut them in two parts and include tasteful ads for your favorite AC components in the middle.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 9 - Arena 20-10 I have brain problems

For today's run through the Arena, and my own personal dip into the depths of insanity that is a challenge run, I have two co-commentators! Seiren, someone who actually knows these games, and Motoh, someone who has only a basic idea of what's going on.

Helzehen posted:

Warning
Your skills are truly amazing. You have the ability to go up against the very best, I'm sure of it. But in some ways it's better not to advance too far.

You'll be happier that way. If you go any higher, he'll take notice of you.

Nine Breaker. He's the most powerful Raven in the Arena and it's all over once he sets his sights on you.

Ares posted:

-
Here, take this. It will probably prove useful. Make your way up the ranks as quickly as possible so that we may face off in battle.

Strung posted:

High-Ranking Ravens
You've grown strong; I'm still amazed at how far you have come in such a short span of time.

As one who has helped you become the Raven you are today, I must admit I am very pleased and proud. Maybe you'll even have a shot at the top.

Nine Breaker.
He has no enemies. Even I am but a mere child in his presence. Of course, he's not the only powerful one either. It's a hard road from here on.

I pray for your success.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 22, 2016

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You took him on with the stock AC, does that change anything?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
drat, that last fight was close.

Not as close as the one where you both hit 0, though! That was... honestly kind of hilarious.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

You took him on with the stock AC, does that change anything?

Nah, just a bit of a self-imposed challenge to make the fight a bit more climactic and interesting than it'd normally be.

Also, on Friday/Saturday March 25th/26th (Good Friday and the day after), I'll be helping out with a 24 hour charity stream that Faerie Fortune is running for Extra Life. During it, I'll be showing off Armored Core 2: Another Age between 12AM-1AM Central.

I'll also be joining nine-gear crow and Cirvante on Friday between 9PM and 10PM Central to play Ace Combat Assault Horizon's co-op multiplayer, and will probably be hanging around for various other playthroughs as they come up. So if you're really interested in hearing my bro-douche voice droning over video games with other people, here's where it'll be.

And even if you're not interested in anime robots or anime planes, there's all sorts of games on the schedule, Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker, Splatoon, BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Katamari Forever, weird indie games, Bayonetta, and more!

And finally, we're quickly approaching the end of the game, so if there's anything you guys want to see in this game before we move on to Another Age, be sure to post any little side things you want shown off before the finale.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And since it's quickly approaching, here's the full schedule, go on, watch it, enjoy it, support it.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

As soon as I saw the loadout with Strung I knew it was going to come down to a knife fight in the end. A nice take on the fight and pretty white knuckle to watch.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 10 - Death of a Corporation, once again featuring nine-gear crow, who is currently in LP startup limbo, before beginning his Ace Combat 2 LP. Which pretty much seems to consist of him being upset he can't play the 3DS remake.

For today's episode though, Emeraude gets exactly what's coming to it, and we get exactly what's coming to us.

Nerves Concord posted:

Murakumo Millennium
The Mars Research Record, left behind by the Murakumo Millenium Corporation, states that Disorders are guard units created by an ancient Martian civilization.

The record also indicates that the Disorder units aren't acting on their own behalf. Rather, their actions are guided from some remote "control tower."

At this time no such device has been located.

If such a system is discovered and the Disorders could be manipulated, it would be relatively easy to conquer and control Mars.

Nell Aulter posted:

Takeover of Emeraude
An agreement has been reached where Emeraude will surrender to and come under full control of the LCC. Their Earth Headquarters has also announced they will oey the Earth Government.

Through gradual governmental pressure, Emeraude will be stripped of its power. For all intensive purposes, Emeraude is finished.

Great changes will occur on Mars depending on how Zio and Balena play their cards. Either way, a Raven can only carry out orders. Once a path has been chosen, it must be followed to its end.

Nell Aulter posted:

Zio Matrix Earth HQ
It seems the relationship between Zio Matrix's Earth Headquarters and its Mars Division is deteriorating rapidly.

Their Earth Headquarters does not want to damage its ties to the Earth Government, but the Mars Division's only concern is consolidating power. Our informants say they're about to split

The Mars Division has always conducted itself in a devious manner. What are they planning to do? We will contact you if we learn anything new.

quote:

Balena Product Announcement
This is an announcement in regards to a new part added to the SHOP. It is the very best, the culmination of Balena know-how. Head over to the SHOP and see our superb creation for yourself.

Technology is the key when designing weapons; technology is the power that changes the world. And it is Balena that has the most technological prowess.

And in other news, holy poo poo, we finally have some new music! And they're really good too.

Op
Lynch Law
King Lear
Mint

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And a reminder that in case anyone is interested, the charity stream is still running, and my Armored Core 2: Another Age block starts in one hour, so go there, get a sneak peek at the game, and donate to charity for a bit.

http://www.hitbox.tv/teamfrognugget

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
King Lear :rock:
Really enjoying the LP so far. This game - hell all the PS2 ones - were such a big part of my life back when. It's also interesting seeing someone who's actually really good at it play. It's like watching a different game entirely from how I and my friends played it. You're so jumpy and mobile!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Seiren, are you a robot?

This was the first game I ever got on PS2, and I loved every game in the series since. Well, aside from 5 because my 360 died before it came out and meh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For those who missed ACES' block of the 24 hour charity stream we did yesterday/earlier today, here's the link to the section with Another Age in it. :siren::siren::siren:SPOILER WARNING::siren::siren::siren: The very end of the stream contains heavy spoilers for the post-game of Another Age. I've been asked by ACES to mention that, so if you're following through with the LP blind, you should probably stop the video around the point where he gets the 10 minute warning from FP or when he switches save files.

The portion that actually shows off AA starts at around the 1 hour mark. I'd actually recommend sticking watching it through into the next block after that, because SC's chat-breaking anime toilet* visual novel was absolutely magical.

*Note: The VN isn't about toilets, it's just that we made it to a section where the dumbfuck VN protagonist couldn't wrap his head around the concept of a bidet and then... things started happening.

Also, FPzero is working on getting source quality videos of each hour block so ACES might have one that's just his block in the near future, in case you don't want to fight with Hitbox's obtuse per-recorded stream buffering bullshit. Stay tuned.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 27, 2016

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
The stream is pretty nice for getting at some of the aspects of how Armored Core gameplay works in a somewhat different setting.

I'll look forward to seeing the AC2AA full LP content when that comes around!

e: damnable idiocy on my part.

ModeWondershot fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 28, 2016

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

sleepy.eyes posted:

Seiren, are you a robot?
No, just H+ :awesomelon:

More seriously, I'm reasonably sure you're talking about episode 9. I basically did everything I know of (with advice from others) to fix that weirdness and even bought a new mic to try and make it less...weird-sounding. It was a little better with the new one, but none of us could figure out why that's happening.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Man, that Strung-alike AC is slow as molasses. Really shows how valuable Human Plus is for that kind of build.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Seiren posted:

Episode 9.

Yep, I just kept waiting for the H+ joke.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Seiren posted:

No, just H+ :awesomelon:

More seriously, I'm reasonably sure you're talking about episode 9. I basically did everything I know of (with advice from others) to fix that weirdness and even bought a new mic to try and make it less...weird-sounding. It was a little better with the new one, but none of us could figure out why that's happening.

Yeah, I was gonna ask, what the hell was up with your voice?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 11 - Conspiracies

This time around we have JamieTheD and Rafza around to talk over Zio being all next on the fuckup train. As for the new side borders, I have to thank Rik for providing them for me! Now there's 100% less annoying black space in the video. Can't do much about the same in the audio though. :haw:

Nell Aulter posted:

Zio Matrix's Conspiracy
The Mars Division's trump card was the activation of that large Disorder unit. It seems their initial goal of acquiring new technologies has shifted and now they strive towards controlling Mars.

We're concerned about what they'll do next. They're running out of options and we believe that they have no choice but to use their last resort. Please read the mission parameters for more details.

Clearly they're in dire straits. They've come under pressure from both LCC and you.

Sometimes I'm afraid for you. I'm afraid of what awaits you on the path you have chosen.

LCC posted:

Mars Unification Declaration
Unchecked corporate competition has taken its toll on Mars, just as it had on the Earth years ago. however, now that the battles have ended all corporations will fall into line under LCC's control.

With the cessation of a series of senseless battles, we, the LCC, hereby make a declaration:

We have achieved the unification of Mars, and have brought order and peace to this planet.

Leos Klein posted:

To All Ravens
Corporations, the Government, LCC...
We Ravens have too many restrictions.

Those who wish to create a world where Ravens are totally free, come with me.

Earth Government posted:

To All Ravens
This is the Earth Government. The LCC is no longer functional due to the mutiny of the Special Forces and the lack of a command system caused by the absence of a leader.

Given the circumstances, we, the Earth Government, will be taking temporary controls of Mars. Our current objective is to suppress all rogue elements, starting with Leos Klein.

We ask for your understanding and support.

Nell Aulter posted:

Raven
Klein is asking all Ravens to join his revolt. Those who have responded gather in various locations across Mars. The Special Forces are about to become the most powerful force on the planet.

If Klein's goal was to control Mars, perhaps all he's done up until now was in preparation. By that I mean entering the Government's service and creating the fiercest fighting force ever.

But is this really the case? I don't think this is his true intention. It's too much like a dream.

Nell Aulter posted:

Research Reports
I've already told you that Klein was a member of the Mars Research Team, but as I searched through the files I found something of interest. It's a report filed by Klein himself.

According to the report, a "central control system" exists on Mars, and all information regarding the history of Mars is stored there.

The ones that have access to the system are the armored machines unique to Mars. These machines are most likely the Disorder units we have been discovering.

A similar report was found in documents from before the Great Destruction, but it seems many thought them too far-fetched. Under the current circumstances, it's a little harder to dismiss.

If Klein's goal is to access the "central control system," where does this system exist? And does Klein know something about its location already?

Holy poo poo, Nell. But yeah, so Klein is up to some suspicious poo poo, keeping busy for a guy who's probably into his nineties at this point. Starting up his own Outer Heaven rebellion, going on treasure hunts, some people just don't retire.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 1, 2016

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

But yeah, so Klein is up to some suspicious poo poo, keeping busy for a guy who's probably into his nineties at this point. Starting up his own Outer Heaven rebellion, going on treasure hunts, some people just don't retire.
Big Boss not only outlived all of his sons, but he survived long enough for giant robots to replace human/cyborg soldiers :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm rather disappointed that you didn't take a second to show off that one part of the opening room in the Zio HQ underground base that has the tanks with the creepy 12ft tall Independence Day alien corpses in it. That was the single most disturbing thing in the game, and it's so subtle that you have to actively look for it through exploration otherwise you'll just blow right past it like ACES did.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I kind of love how just... blaise everything is in the game regarding Martians. Like no one ever seems to make much of a big deal about the fact Mars was apparently inhabited by an advanced alien civilization, or that said civilization has clearly disappeared without much of a trace, leaving few (Disorder Hives?) ruins but lots and lots of giant killer robots.

Anyway, do gotta say not a fan of the side-borders. Always kinda find them distracting and prefer the blank space, although I imagine I'm a minority here.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I get the feeling that Martians are somewhat old news to them. After all, Murakumo was out here ages ago and I really doubt that they were the first. We may be only now finding out the extent and nature of the Disorder units but there having been something living on Mars seems like something they're all quite aware of.

I also agree about the borders. It makes it feel smaller somehow even if it's the same amount of screen real estate.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm rather disappointed that you didn't take a second to show off that one part of the opening room in the Zio HQ underground base that has the tanks with the creepy 12ft tall Independence Day alien corpses in it. That was the single most disturbing thing in the game, and it's so subtle that you have to actively look for it through exploration otherwise you'll just blow right past it like ACES did.

Huh, I've never actually seen that before, my habitual "gotta go fast" attitude ruins me again. :negative: I'll go take a screencap and add it in to the post when I get home.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Anyway, do gotta say not a fan of the side-borders. Always kinda find them distracting and prefer the blank space, although I imagine I'm a minority here.

Polaron posted:

I also agree about the borders. It makes it feel smaller somehow even if it's the same amount of screen real estate.

:smith:

I guess if people don't like them, I can take them out easily enough, I just thought better production values wouldn't hurt. Anyone else have strong opinions on it?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

:smith:

I guess if people don't like them, I can take them out easily enough, I just thought better production values wouldn't hurt. Anyone else have strong opinions on it?

I mean, I'm not gonna stop watching the videos if you keep the border :v:

It just made the screen feel smaller to me. I actually had to go back and check the other videos to see if they had the same amount of empty space because my brain just didn't process it when it was black space. Maybe use a darker border? The silver just really sticks out, at least to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I feel like they worked somewhat better for the MMX games which are lower resolution in general. Maybe if they were somewhat narrower?

• Locked thread