Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I... don't recall you stuttering at all, Aces?

I will admit that there are times your guest commentators may have tried a joke and there was an awkward pause before you laughed at it, but I'm pretty sure that's standard latency for anyone commentating with people from the 'net and with different senses of humor.

That aside, I've enjoyed your informative LP as-is thus far. But you gotta do what makes you happy. Good luck with whatever else has come up in your life and repairing/replacing your electronics, also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I never got to play the series until the 4th gen, so all of this is good and new to me. Quality seems to be very good to me. While some of the guests deal with the problem of 'commentary is hard' at times, Aces seems to do it very well.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
I think you're doing fine. It's fun to watch you romp all over these games, I've played all of these titles too but until the dual stick controls came out I was terrible at them. Always panning down to the floor instead of turning right, or not watching my power level during arena fights.

What else is cool from my perspective is that you use a lot of ammo-based weapons. I got my start in this game from watching a friend play, and he guided my playstyle a lot. He always told me to use an energy weapon for most missions because you'd make more money and upgrade the rest of your mech faster. My builds almost always rotated around the Karasawa (for those that don't know, it's big semi-auto energy rifle; heavy, very high damage and accuracy, low ammo count, and expensive/rare) and I don't think you've even used it up to now. So I'm getting a look at a lot of guns and parts I hadn't even considered. That you get so much mileage out of the starting rifle is a shock!

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
I wouldn't have been nearly as interested in co-commentary and following this thread if you weren't so good at introducing game mechanics in the insightful way that you have. Hope that everything works out on the technical side and I'll look forward to the seeing everything wrap up for 2.

Have a good one!

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

As someone who was interested in the AC series as a kid but completely missed out on them due to not having the right consoles, this poo poo is great. As far as I'm concerned, you go above and beyond to show off a huge variety of weapons and tactics, where if I was playing it myself I'd be tempted to find one build that "just works" and stick with it all the way through.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

FAT BATMAN posted:

As someone who was interested in the AC series as a kid but completely missed out on them due to not having the right consoles, this poo poo is great. As far as I'm concerned, you go above and beyond to show off a huge variety of weapons and tactics, where if I was playing it myself I'd be tempted to find one build that "just works" and stick with it all the way through.
Seconding this, as well as several other accolades and words of praise. Really enjoying what you've been producing, and the mechanics sections go into things I'd never pay attention to if I was playing the game myself (and then getting frustrated when my mech built purely for looks keeps losing).

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Holy poo poo, this was easily my most played PS2 series. The customizability was ridiculous, giving you a nearly endless amount of mechs to play as. Never got too into Nine Breaker and that trilogy is a bit of a blur, the other 4 have multiple save files just so I could build other AC's. The I-link cable gave me some of the best multiplayer fights I can remember in a game. Man I need to hook up my PS2 again and get back into the garage.

EDIT: Started watching these and Episode 3 perfectly illustrates why I hate spider legs.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 23, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Episode 14 - One Hundred Percent

For this episode, we've got motoh and Rafza along with us again, as we wrap up the missions we opted out of over the course of the game on our quest to own every part and kill every person possible.

Episode 15 - Arena Wrap-Up and a Cheating rear end in a top hat

So due to technical problems, this one is presented without audio commentary. Not like there's much to say, it's killing that one rear end in a top hat we missed in the train mission (hint: he's still worthless) and some bottom feeder chumps.

However, the last guy we fight is unique in that he's the first time FromSoft really stopped pulling their punches on their bonus arena guys and just made a PLOW to end all PLOWs. Sporting the highest sighting AI and some absolutely ludicrous firepower, Matthias is a force to be reckoned with. So the best way to deal with a cheating rear end in a top hat is to stop pulling punches yourself. Personally, I prefer throwing a lot of slow firing firepower at the problem, and going for accuracy, but if you're a dead shot, you can reduce him to a smouldering wreck with a sniper rifle from well outside his effective range.

So to deal with the bottom feeders, I decided to pull out the stops a bit and show off how hilariously overpowered the Karasawa Mk 2 is, which is something that Matthias shows off a little better but hey.

But hey, that's the last of Armored Core 2. Stay tuned for Armored Core 2: Another Age! Coming Soon™

LCC posted:

Thank You
Good work.
You seem to be a very proficient pilot. We'd be pleased if someone of your caliber would work exclusively for LCC in the future.

We must grow in strength if we are to become an effective governing body on Mars.

Nell Aulter posted:

Emeraude
Emeraude is Earth's largest corporation, but it's a step behind Zio Matrix as far as expansion into Mars is concerned.

Of course, Emeraude isn't satisfied with this situation and they are gradually strengthening their power base on Mars through drastic measures.

An aggressive attitude is what has made Emeraude number one on Earth. Their greed and ruthlessness is a prime example of corporations as a whole. We will contact you again.

Emeraude posted:

To All AC Pilots
We've added a new AC part to the SHOP. This is a top-of-the-line product manufactured by our company, Emeraude.

Our mission is to lead all people to happiness through our products. This new part is a landmark in the achievement of that goal.

Our products will guarantee a better future for the citizens of Mars.

Zio Matrix posted:

New Product Announcement
This is an announcement regarding a new AC part that we, Zio Matrix, have recently developed. It is now available in the SHOP.

This part offers a level of quality only available to those selected by our company. You too can become one of the few who will shape the future of Mars by acquiring new technology.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

This is a pretty awesome trip down memory lane for me, I'll toss my name into the mix if you need more co commentators down the line. For the record I could never finish Matthias legitimately, I always beat him with the fastest lock FCS, hover legs, missile arms and extensions, and filled the cave with missiles. Can't remember what else was on the AC other than that

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Those missile slowdowns... :swoon:

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Congrats on finishing your Armored Core 2 LP, ACES! Looking forward to Another Age whenever you're able to get to it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

PSWII60 posted:

This is a pretty awesome trip down memory lane for me, I'll toss my name into the mix if you need more co commentators down the line. For the record I could never finish Matthias legitimately, I always beat him with the fastest lock FCS, hover legs, missile arms and extensions, and filled the cave with missiles. Can't remember what else was on the AC other than that

Honestly, with his anti-missile extensions, you're gonna be burning most of your ammo before he can stop intercepting them. But I honestly never tried going at him with a fully ammo'd out missile build to have a go at him once he was out of interception ammo. Though by that time he'd probably be out of normal ammo too.

Anywho, don't expect me to be gone for six months or anything crazy like that, I just need to get my health back in order and take care of some job issues, and I'll be back in the pilot seat with Another Age before you know it.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Will you still update in this thread? I don't want to have to faff with my bookmarks :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Depending on if the thread's not archived by the time I take care of my health.

Also, the golden week sale on PSN has Armored Core 1 up for a buck fifty if you've got Plus, which is a killer deal.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I believe they stopped the practice of archiving old threads, so no worries of losing the thread.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well that's comforting I guess. Though I am curious on what people would like to see more/less of as I go deeper into the series.

Meanwhile, Miyazaki, you are the biggest tease in the world and I kind of lovehate you for it.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
All I'd like to see in the future is more customization outside of the Arena. Get wacky with your AC designs! Rifle and Middle Missile on a human chassis is effective, sure, but a 200MPH missile boat on hover legs can be fun every so often.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I'd like to be able to play AC on my PC without screwing around with emulators. A man can dream.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I was hoping to have gotten back to this by now, but a recent acquisition at my job has put me in the precarious situation of "Pass the Series 65 Exam to get my license, or be on the street", so I've been focusing my time and effort on that, since I've got two months to do it.

So for now, hiatus is gonna be extended, despite having most of AC2:AA recorded by this point. Sorry for the trouble, I'll get this one archived, and maybe post a little extra thing I've had kicking around for a while now. Thanks for watching thus far folks, and I'll be back once things calm the gently caress down.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, I was hoping to have gotten back to this by now, but a recent acquisition at my job has put me in the precarious situation of "Pass the Series 65 Exam to get my license, or be on the street", so I've been focusing my time and effort on that, since I've got two months to do it.

So for now, hiatus is gonna be extended, despite having most of AC2:AA recorded by this point. Sorry for the trouble, I'll get this one archived, and maybe post a little extra thing I've had kicking around for a while now. Thanks for watching thus far folks, and I'll be back once things calm the gently caress down.

Take your time man, life always trumps providing free entertainment.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, you wanted a new Armored Core game, right?

Your prayers have been answered, sorta!

:confuoot:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
That seems like a very odd choice for a board game adaptation. Anybody know anything about the people making it?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A jargogle posted:

That seems like a very odd choice for a board game adaptation. Anybody know anything about the people making it?

The game's designer made another game (Serpent's Tongue), don't know how good it was. The company (Bad Crow Games) hasn't made anything else using that name, but apparently it's made of a bunch of people from Utah who have each made games previously.

Real Time board games can be problematic, though some are said to be really great. I have experience with one (funnily also a robot game, though it was more abstract). It was alright, but I'm not sure how moving on a board in real time will work.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

How much math are you going to have to do in this board game to keep yourself under weight, or when you start to build up heat, or use energy?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game I played actually did incorporate heat, but I don't know how they'll do it here.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well on one hand, :negative:

On the other, it's V/VD so it can be safely forgotten like I did those so :confuoot: I guess?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
As I understand it, Another Century's Episode plays remarkably similar to Armored Core but with anime mecha, so I guess that's also an option. It's only in Japanese though, for the same reasons as Super Robot Wars (of which ACE is a spinoff of).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I either own or have owned every ACE game in some capacity, even the kind of dreadful ACE:R, but it definitely doesn't play anything like AC. It's kind of its own thing, I can't really think of any comparisons I could make with other games.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I either own or have owned every ACE game in some capacity, even the kind of dreadful ACE:R, but it definitely doesn't play anything like AC. It's kind of its own thing, I can't really think of any comparisons I could make with other games.
Zone of the Enders but better and made by people that know mecha games deeply. In a nutshell.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArclightBorealis posted:

Zone of the Enders but better and made by people that know mecha games deeply. In a nutshell.

Arguably not.
It's more like those gundam Vs. game with much more mobility.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Front Mission Evolved but with the parts not being strictly linear upgrades?

I missed why we're trying to find an apt comparison with another game for Armored Core, I feel.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hey folks, just thought I'd let you know what's going on with all this. Good news - I've written up some scripts, laid out a roadmap for the next few games, and put together my plans for Garage segments.

Bad news: My recording computer exploded so now I'm on a 100 dollar throwaway laptop and I may be getting caught up in a batch of layoffs from my employer being bought out, so all my time from this point forward is going to be devoted to finding a new job and basically cutting all expenses down to bare minimums to make rent in case I'm unemployed for a while. So despite planning on having things back up and rolling by now, the hiatus is gonna last a bit longer.

Make no mistake though, I'll be back for it, and I at least have a half finished demo trailer to show off from before everything went sideways. Sorry for anyone who was looking forward to seeing anything come right away, and thanks a bunch to everyone who has watched so far.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Ouch, man. Best of luck with finding a new job...and a good new laptop...it's been quite a summer for you, hasn't it?

Also, the trailer is good, though I am wondering what the very much not Armored Core music in the middle is, as I am certain I have heard a remix of it somewhere.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

LP curse whenever I find a cool thread.

I love all the armored core games, something about them just appeals to me? of course I nostalgia hard for the original but the ps2 area was probably the best time for ac games in my opinion.

Incidently I would love to comment on some video at some time if you get this going again.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 6, 2016

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully everything gets sorted out and you get back to this! A couple of weeks ago I started playing Armored Core For Answer and really enjoyed what I played, and decided that before I finished it I would play the first game.

I beat AC1 and its two expansions and read Arc's LPs of them as I went along. Now I'm playing AC2 and plan on playing the rest of the series, so I'm going to follow this thread! Armored Core is fun.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:getin:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

:hellyeah:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This pleases me.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I hope to god it does, it took me four 103% runs to settle on a route.

Expect a lot of "Why I hate this game". Even if it weren't for my own personal life issues, this is probably the biggest stumbling block in the series because it is just so uuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

• Locked thread