Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Armored Core 2 is a huge loving part of my childhood. I was 8 when it came out, so I got it and Another Age in middle school and only managed to beat them with the aid of an Action Replay cheat device. The first like, half of AC2 is permanently burned into my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As a kid, Werehound was always the death of me. It was a curious choice for FromSoftware to put such a difficulty spike early on in the arena, though it makes sense in retrospect looking at the Souls series how ruthless it was.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

It's really something you're unlikely to do unintentionally. You don't pay repair or ammo costs for failed missions so your only option is to win missions using weapons with ridiculous ammo costs.

You can totally do it unintentionally if you're 11 years old and trying to play such a difficult game without a cheat cartridge!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think I ever had problems with the rogue MTs as a kid, simply because their shotguns are so weak. I think the game really starts becoming difficult once enemy ACs begin appearing in missions.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Polaron posted:

I can't remember if it's this game or a later PS2 AC but there's a mission inside of a burning or exploding building where two ACs show up, one with a flamethrower, that I could never get past. The jerk with the flamethrower constantly ruined me.

I think that was a later game, unless my memory is really poor. For me it's the train mission later, I think the first Balena mission, where I started having difficulty.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I can't remember, is it possible to build a pastiche of the Guntank from the original Mobile Suit Gundam? Dual rocket arms with dual giant shoulder cannons and tank treads. It's been so long I can't remember if there were rocket arms.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 21, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

Not rocket arms but MoA had bazooka arms that looked a lot like the Guntank's arms. AC3, as well.

All the regular cannons fold up so I used slug guns.

That looks like the most ungainly thing ever, and I love it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As a kid, I remember being very confused during Worker Bee. I never realized until now that the transport driving away ("Leaving the area of operations") was your own AC transport because it's identical to the mission target, so as a dumb 10-year-old it looked like you spawned right next to the transport facing backwards and let it drive away before chasing it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If I remember correctly, the way I always beat the plane attack mission was flying all the way to the top of the tower and using a Gatling gun to play anti-aircraft.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Man, that Strung-alike AC is slow as molasses. Really shows how valuable Human Plus is for that kind of build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

So I've been asked by ACES to just give a quick update on matters. He's moved into his new place mostly after getting away from his previous situation. Things are improving a bit, but he injured himself during the move and is unable to post right now. That's all I'm going to say for now because that's all I really know right now.

Stay tuned, folks.

Important part: is he okay?

• Locked thread