Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i learned to photosynthesize idiot, i don't need anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

okay now i watched this.

this is not a man, it is a fleshy markov chain. somehow he has read enough wall street journal and rapgenius to pay three true humans to stand near him and yell in vaguely black voices. the "man" himself sounds like an aristocrat from a looney toon, as though his nostrils are too incestually shaped to pass middle class formants.

also, i've heard someone mention killah priest out loud exactly once.

I love how this guy is or was going to be responsible for the deaths of thousands of people to keep his profit margins and when he gets caught he's like "wutang, pop culture, American youth, black people, Hip-hop, yeah we all homies and doin this poo poo together" and tries to act like some idiotic trust fund retard when really he pulled one of the most shrewd and calculated businesses manouvers to literally make profit from people dying. Like some upstart hotshot tom cruisesque playboy that was too dumb to understand what he was doing, but makes it seem like "yo word on the streets is people are down with this poo poo I'm doing". Meanwhile he's trying to strongarm the pills that cost 20 cents and help people go into full remission and hedge his bets on a fixed mortality rate.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

what ru drinking?

lotts of shots and and lots of beres.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i love martin shkreli because he's :smug: irl which is hilarious.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

i love martin shkreli because he's :smug: irl which is hilarious.

yep

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I love how this guy is or was going to be responsible for the deaths of thousands of people to keep his profit margins and when he gets caught he's like "wutang, pop culture, American youth, black people, Hip-hop, yeah we all homies and doin this poo poo together" and tries to act like some idiotic trust fund retard when really he pulled one of the most shrewd and calculated businesses manouvers to literally make profit from people dying. Like some upstart hotshot tom cruisesque playboy that was too dumb to understand what he was doing, but makes it seem like "yo word on the streets is people are down with this poo poo I'm doing". Meanwhile he's trying to strongarm the pills that cost 20 cents and help people go into full remission and hedge his bets on a fixed mortality rate.

haha ya hes the only drug company who made a calculated effort to make a profit for shareholders. so naive, millennial?l

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

is it not the responsibility of the insurance company to cover the prescription costs? was it really confirmed thousands of people would die or is that just hyperbole?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what a loving hatchet job they did on this guy to get super intelligent, experienced, worldly goons to not understand capitalism. amazing.

im going to go have a cigarette break and try and see if there are any grey old CEOs who did exactly the same thing except forgot to have a youtube channel to show that they are degenerates too.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I hate yankees posted:

is it not the responsibility of the insurance company to cover the prescription costs? was it really confirmed thousands of people would die or is that just hyperbole?

gently caress you

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

haha ya hes the only drug company who made a calculated effort to make a profit for shareholders. so naive, millennial?l

He certainly isn't special. He just made the wrong decision. He could have just filed for bankruptcy, liquidated his patents, and taken a quickly obsoleted drug off the market, but he decided to use a quick little scam on desperate people with seemingly no alternative and then pull this little shitshow song and dance where he's just blowing the money on lavish poo poo and not using it to gain market leverage and ultimately a monopoly on treating a manufactured disease.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

He certainly isn't special. He just made the wrong decision. He could have just filed for bankruptcy, liquidated his patents, and taken a quickly obsoleted drug off the market, but he decided to use a quick little scam on desperate people with seemingly no alternative and then pull this little shitshow song and dance where he's just blowing the money on lavish poo poo and not using it to gain market leverage and ultimately a monopoly on treating a manufactured disease.

mr. headline only reader you have no power here. you are the scum of the earth. get behind me satan, stand back all you devils

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i didnt even like this guy or know much about him until you idiots started making a big deal about it. he reminds me of the guy who sells helicopters in step brothers and he is really very in-your-face not politically correct while being a smart big shot i guess? tell me where im wrong? im not saying he is a saint but im pretty sure none of you are either. i think you are jealous sjw's (i didnt know what that was until recently either) who have no clue how the world works.

good to know the government will crack down on you if you hold unpopular opinions and make your own decisions!

BERN!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i like rap music too.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i like rap music too.

Yeah, but not enough to have reg discussions about Killa Priest, the 5th best guy in Wu-Tang... :rolleyes:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Heavy Mental is n my car stereo righ now... jezzz

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

mr. headline only reader you have no power here. you are the scum of the earth. get behind me satan, stand back all you devils

I've got news for you buddy. We all came from scum. Earth used to be like Mars, all rusty and poo poo. Then it accelerated so fast the friction of the iron with the background radiation of the universe created oxygen, and lots of respiratory bacteria, planet full of all sorts of scums that used to live on sulphur deep in the core of a Mars like planet, and the alchemical shift to phosphorus and animals full of liquid iron happened and it was p cool.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Meanwhile companies are selling a loaf of bread for 2 dollars and a bottle of Water for a dollar and they only took 4 cents to manufacture.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Enfield posted:

suck my balls

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This whole story is proof that people only read Twitter headlines.

He did nothing different than what anyone one else is already doing in the industry.

Sure Dasani could sell their bottle water for 25 cents a bottle to all the people in Flint, but they don't. Maybe they should be testifying in front of congress too!

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
that's why I asked about the insurance companies...

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

:lol: this guy is a real life bond villan

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Kim Jong ill posted:

But no, don't you see? You shouldn't hate the Nazi death chamber attendant that likes to make sure his victims suffer for as long as possible, he's just trying to do his job the best he can! You should be angry at some ideology completely detached from actual human beings and their actions!

The truth is somewhere in the middle here on this one, fellas. You can and should actually be mad at both ideologies and individuals!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

what the gently caress is an ethics anyways

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

what the gently caress is an ethics anyways

its a kind of potato

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kim Jong ill posted:

But no, don't you see? You shouldn't hate the Nazi death chamber attendant that likes to make sure his victims suffer for as long as possible, he's just trying to do his job the best he can! You should be angry at some ideology completely detached from actual human beings and their actions!

Do you really think that it was appropriate to bring up Nazis and the Holocaust to win this internet argument?

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
sometimes the repulsiveness of something is not clearly obvious until you take it to its most absurd and idiotic extreme, much like this forum.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Kill capitalists

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Node posted:

Hrmery yase increasing a drug to cost hundreds of dollars per pill is capitalism and is a decision that should be praised because it is capitalism, the only thing I love more than capitalism is eating my own boogers because I'm a retarded capitalist baby :10bux::gizz::downs:

hi-didley-owned, comrade

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Judakel posted:

Kill capitalists

this, but also about communists

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Sick Av bro.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

I'm all down for this dismantling of capitalism, but there is so much invested in it. I almost said that, but upon thinking it more thoroughly, not really. Credit is mainly what we toss around, every country is in debt. Capitalism feeds off of this legal gambling, the betting on reimbursements. It would take a lot to fight back against the entire system, and capitalism itself is a siren of the seas. If you were to rear your head to the beast you would be hypnotized by the illusions of grandeur and comfort that it promises, illusions that hide the pain and exploitation of billions of innocent lives.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Buschmaki posted:

Do you really think that it was appropriate to bring up Nazis and the Holocaust to win this internet argument?

why not? the argument that "he was just doing his job" circumvents the notion that a person can be judged for what job they take and how they go about doing it, and this example is illustrative of the fact that they can be.

if anything I'm more sympathetic to the Nazi prison guard because if the pharmaceutical executive was getting pressured by his bosses to extort money from sick people, then he definitely had a lot more options than Obersoldat Berger did after getting conscripted in 1939.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 5, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's because the Nazis and the Holocaust are sensitive topics that could bring up unwelcome memories in people, other examples could have been used such without doing that.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Buschmaki posted:

It's because the Nazis and the Holocaust are sensitive topics that could bring up unwelcome memories in people, other examples could have been used such without doing that.

please do not account share with your great grandmother

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm not saying their point was poorly presented or wrong, but the way he presented it could cause some people not to listen.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
also, you have this as an av

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This av was bought for me, I don't think that rape is funny or something that should be joked about.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

This av was bought for me, I don't think that rape is funny or something that should be joked about.

Much like your posting, also anime guy is not a good judge of avs

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Judakel posted:

Kill capitalists

this, but GBS posters instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Buschmaki posted:

Actually no, I'm going to stick to my guns and make the point that the examples should explicitly make people uncomfortable. Because the whole point is that a rich piece of poo poo literally causing people to die of AIDS, just to turn a quick profit, should make you VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. Maybe if people felt a little more uncomfortable about terrible things that happen, they might actually find the impetus to change things rather than continue on in blissful ignorance.

• Locked thread