Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Goatfather posted:

the last thing we need is another president

Fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

ChrisHansen posted:

I think Bernie's voice is weird

You've never heard an old Brooklyn Jew?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Count Freebasie posted:

You've never heard an old Brooklyn Jew?

I only thought Bloomberg would throw his hat in if Bernie somehow legally got the nomination instead of stealing it like the previous democrat nominees.

Bitter Mushroom posted:

if you vote hillary its cos you hate the jews
if you vote sanders its cos you hate women
if you vote trump its cos you hate both

Look at this man who's never had a jewish mother

you don't understand where we're coming from pal!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drink Cheerwine posted:

bernie meant to say he would unite saudi and iran against the US, right

good - we could crush them like bugs if they tried lmao

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Nope that won't happen and it is fear mongering by the rich to keep their companies more profitable and keep the poor man down. When you share ideas with the Koch bros maybe it's time to rethink if it's actually true

Bernie is a career politician

You're asking me to believe the words of a career politician

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I make good money, and protecting my income is what matters most to me.

Let them eat churros.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Count Freebasie posted:

I make good money, and protecting my income is what matters most to me.

Let them eat churros.

I'm ok with them eating churros

just eat your churros back in your own country if you're not a legal citizen

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Nope that won't happen and it is fear mongering by the rich to keep their companies more profitable and keep the poor man down. When you share ideas with the Koch bros maybe it's time to rethink if it's actually true

legit curious why people harp on the kochs but not soros

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I hate yankees posted:

They're both 70% Good 30% Bad

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I think Bernie knows what he's talking about

I just think the people who plan to vote for Bernie are probably mostly deeply entrenched woman haters who can't admit it directly enough to vote Republican.

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

I support Hillary because my major concern is beating the Republicans. She hates the Republicans and they hate her, so she'll spend her years in office fighting and lambasting them with her every breath. But get this: she's also going to work with the Republican congress to get things done in Washington. This makes complete sense to me.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bernie's cool and good

Hillary wants to go to war with everyone - just make her a general in Bernie's army

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Koch brothers have funded nearly every single episode of NOVA and Nature for PBS

they have provided me with hours of information entertainment and for that I am grateful.

Soros misjudged Europe with refugees and really dropped the ball there, he should have funded public television instead. He saw the number 10 million and then just curled up in a ball.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
The difference is that Bernie is a career politician so he's had decades to work on ineffectual populist rhetoric.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
it doesn't matter what bernie or the hilldawg say, neither of them will get elected

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

I hate yankees posted:

because it's more fun to type 'cock bros' than 'george soros'

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
its-a me, cockio

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
Hi my name is Bernie Sanders and my populist rhetoric is to economics what spaghetti code is to computer science.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
i have an econ degree and what he is saying makes a lot of sense actually

everyone thinks they know about economics because they have no credit card debt and can manage a simple budget.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
it doesnt matter what he says which is probably why no one listens to those debates... QED

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FishionMailed posted:

i have an econ degree and what he is saying makes a lot of sense actually

everyone thinks they know about economics because they have no credit card debt and can manage a simple budget.

I have a home economics degree too.

Just because you can make a cake it doesn't mean Bernie would eat it.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

spud posted:

I have a home economics degree too.

Just because you can make a cake it doesn't mean Bernie would eat it.

Bernie would share the cake with everyone

Hillary would give the cake to Goldman Sachs and tell you that there never was a cake, the cake never existed

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

Hillary would give the cake to Goldman Sachs and tell you that there never was a cake, the cake never existed

So the cake.....was a lie?

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
I think when college is free I'm going to start a competition to see who can get the most humanities degrees by only showing up to the midterm/finals.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the cake.....was a lie?

that's the kind of pop culture reference that Hillary would make to show you that she's hip and up to speed on what the kids think is cool

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

gently caress the ROW posted:

it doesn't matter what bernie or the hilldawg say, neither of them will get elected

I honestly think the infighting that has really increased within the Democratic Party due to Bernie's campaign gaining steam coupled with Bernouts attacking Hillary to the level of Trump and possibly worse is giving the Republicans the biggest chance. People have vilified Hillary so badly to get Sanders the nomination that, when Hillary does win it wouldn't surprise me that these Bernouts won't vote. On the flip side if Bernie wins he'll come out of it looking like a near communist that moderates and independents with half a brain will be looking towards the Republican Party when they would vote Hillary no question. I'm personally on the anybody but a republican bandwagon and would vote for either but this infighting unsettles me.

I sincerely hope Bloomberg enters the race.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The attack on Hillary taking payments for speeches is the stupidest talking point. Everyone who speaks publicly has a fee, even those lovely motivational speakers at corporate workshops and poo poo. It's retard politics and Sanderistas and trump supporters eat that poo poo up

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
But hey Bernie might smoke weed every now and then he's got my vote

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Chinatown posted:

i hope hillary gets facefucked

Monica will do a return a scissor her under the podium, cheating on Mr.Clinton.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah but what about... the e-mails?!?!?

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

facebook jihad posted:

The attack on Hillary taking payments for speeches is the stupidest talking point. Everyone who speaks publicly has a fee, even those lovely motivational speakers at corporate workshops and poo poo. It's retard politics and Sanderistas and trump supporters eat that poo poo up

it's more just about how rich she is actually and therefore maybe not interested in championing the common man's economic interests though, no?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Honestly without knowing anything about his politics I thought O'Malley was very well spoken and presidential looking, which is what matters to me as an idiot and also as a canadaman

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
I don't know much about O'Malley either but yeah he seemed fine. Just not gonna win against Hillary or Bernie is all.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

you know how presidents usually look like they've aged a decade or two by the end of their term, with their hair turning gray/white? what would bernie even look like when hes done? i'm guessing either a mummy or super saiyan

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I can't wait for Trump to get inevitably elected anyway and for America to plunge into worse chaos then when W was around.

Is New Zealand taking in any American refugees?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

facebook jihad posted:

Just in the last two years she has taken $3 million each from the banking and healthcare industries for "speeches" that take zero effort and the content of which is secret.

The Clintons have made 100+ million like this since Bill was in office.

Hillary Clinton is hilariously, ridiculously corrupt and is totally reckless about it. if she gets nominated expect her campaign to go down in epic flames

she invited a loving Goldman Sachs lobbyist to the debate last night, that's how loving clueless she is about what is happening in the party right now. Trump is going to rub her nose in the shitpile that her and her husband created if she ends up the candidate

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
also O'Malley was the mayor of a city of 600,000 people that had 100,000 arrests per year so he could appear to be "tough on crime" when he eventually ran for governor

and he wasn't laughed off the stage at the first Democratic debate, this party is garbage

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope Trump wins and proves everyone right and also rids europe of it's politicians

The entire west will be made great again.

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

City of Tampa posted:

also O'Malley was the mayor of a city of 600,000 people that had 100,000 arrests per year so he could appear to be "tough on crime" when he eventually ran for governor

and he wasn't laughed off the stage at the first Democratic debate, this party is garbage

tbf the GOP is equally garbage

it's all garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd vote for Bernie. I don't think anything would get done because you would have idiots calling this old Jewish guy a Nazi unironically, and blocking everything anyways.

The only difference, I think, is that Bernie would have the balls to go on national TV and call out each one in person and verbally harass them like my pissed off racist grandpa. He wouldn't just sit there and ignore it and passive aggressively smirk at idiots and say goofy jokes.

• Locked thread