Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

I hope the new Doom works with the oculus/PlayStation VR :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

AugmentedVision posted:

Also Doom 2 doesn't have episodes, you are trolling, I AM ONTO YOU

They made a new episode for the xbox live/BFG Edition port of Doom 2. I know because one of the achievements was to recreate the YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS scene from the doom comic but during invinciblity. or cheezing it with rockets because the punch has to be the killing blow.

Edit because I forgot: In fact ALL of the xbox live doom 2 port's achievement names come from the Doom Comic.

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 6, 2016

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
I wrote a Doom editor back in the day.

Never finished coding anything worthwhile since.
:negative:

Doom 4 looks terrible. Maybe in idTech 12 they can finally get rid of that plastic effect on all the creatures.

crusty fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 6, 2016

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

These doom mods make the game look like duke nukem. The people who were really into duke nukem always turned out to be creeps

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I had never heard of Project Brutality, and it's loving rad, so thanks this thread.

Also I was in the alpha of the new Doom and while it had some issues (move speed was too slow, gun sounds weren't great) it is the first game in a long time to scratch the same itch as the original in a lot of ways. I'm hoping by the time it releases those issues will be fixed, and if not modders will be able to fix them.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Vince MechMahon posted:

I had never heard of Project Brutality, and it's loving rad, so thanks this thread.

Also I was in the alpha of the new Doom and while it had some issues (move speed was too slow, gun sounds weren't great) it is the first game in a long time to scratch the same itch as the original in a lot of ways. I'm hoping by the time it releases those issues will be fixed, and if not modders will be able to fix them.

youre "modder" is good at fixign things too .... like my BONER (cause she had sex with me :grin:)

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Download Zandronum and start playing online, still plenty of people playing. Get Complex Doom and play through Hell Revealed, Scythe II, Going Down, and whatever other good WADs are out there.

Best gaming experience I ever had was getting a squad of 3 together and playing Ogre Labs with Brutal Doom and no player/item respawns. It's completely impossible unless everyone works together as a tight knit team, and once you actually get going its amazing, tense fun through to the end.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

doom 2 starts on mars the 2nd episode is on earth IDIOT

Neither Doom 1 or Doom 2 take place on mars at all MORON

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Shaquin posted:

Lotta folks poo poo on Brutal Doom for purist reasons and tbh they aren't wrong because the gameplay of doom is perfect out of the box but if you mainlined that poo poo in your youth it's a refreshing change of pace for an old rear end game. And sort of impressive from a technical standpoint. I'd recommend going all the way and getting Project Brutality if you are gonna insist on going that far tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipg3ZyrR_bE

This one looks with worse graphics than the other one, the brutal dooom one of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
The guy who made that Brutality trailer is using hi-res texture packs that make it look like rear end. Project Brutality in reality is awesome, with amazing sprite work.

Speaking awesome WADS, Tom Mustaine of Evilution fame put up a full version link to the "lost" game that was supposed to be the third in Final Doom, Perdition's Gate:

http://www.mustaine.com/about/video-game-work/perditions-gate/

Play it.

• Locked thread