Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

:siren::siren:FIGHTER CREATION IS OVER, THE TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED:siren::siren:

CURRENT BRACKET:

FIGHTER PROFILES:

I will take the posts in this thread, and using special formulas that I just made, I will create fighters for an ultimate fighting tournament. When there are 8 or 16 fighters (we'll see how long it takes to make them) they will fight to the death. I will roll dice (on a livestream if i care enough, if not i'll take pictures and show the dice to you, and you'll just have take my word for it.)

:eng101: Fighter creation:

Every three posts will create a new fighter.

The first good adjective in the first post is the first part of the fighter's name.
The first good anything in the second post is the second part of the name.
The first good noun in the third post is the third and final part of the name.

I may scramble the order of posts if I want, to make it more interesting. So be sure your post isn't just a one word shitpost, because I might use it for some other part of the name than you thought I would.

A good word disqualifies bullshit words that don't work in the name of the fighter.

For example, at the time I started writing this OP, here are the latest posts from the top three threads in GBS:

Champenema posted:

like when you hear a truck jake-braking in the distance, and you hear it over the phone too! During phonesex. That only you are enjoying.

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I like how they are just hanging around and being in the way without actually doing anything. It's like the terrorist equivalent of pointing at someone really close and repeatedly saying "I'm not touching you".

"Exclusive" is a great adjective.
"Truck" is a good word.
"Terrorist" is an excellent noun.

"Exclusive Truck Terrorist" is the name of the fighter.

:eng101: Stats:

Fighters have stats:
-Fortitude: More health. A fighter has 10 + [Fortitude]*2 Health
-Power: More damage done by fighter. When a fighter attacks they deal 1d6+[Power/2] damage.
-Agility: Chance to avoid getting hit. When a fighter is defending they roll 1d20. If they roll their agility or less, they dodge.
-Special Technique: The strength of a fighter's special, secret technique. It's a secret.

You can't have more than 10 in a stat

To determine how many stat points a fighter gets, take the minute each post was posted at, multiply them all, then divide by 41 and get the remainder. That is how many stat points the fighter gets.

Let's continue our example. Irradiation's post was at Feb 5, 2016 04:04, so we take '04'. Likewise, we have '07' and '08'. Multiplying 4, 7 and 8 gives us 224. 224 mod 41 = 19. Therefore, Exclusive Truck Terrorist has 19 stat points to distribute.

IF a post contains the word 'Fortitude', 'Power', 'Agility', or 'Special Technique', I will weight the distribution of stats towards whatever was in a fighter's post.

In our example, none of those words appear. However, that's because those idiots aren't playing this cool game, like you are. So let's pretend that 'fortitude' was said once, and 'power' was said twice. So, I will try to weight the distribution of stats towards power first, fortitude next, and everything else last.

Fortitude: 5
Power: 8
Agility: 3
Special Technique: 3

That looks about right.

:eng101: Special Technique:

Last up is the special technique. This is a very secret power. Nobody knows what it does, but if a fighter takes lethal damage, they will attempt to use it. They roll 1d20 and add their Special Technique skill, and take a result from the following table:
1-15: Nothing happens
16-20: They go back to 3 HP
21-24: They go back to 6 HP and something special happens
25-28: They go back to 10 HP and something very very special happens
29+: very very very very very very special

A fighter can roll for special technique any time they go to zero HP, so they can keep fighting forever, hypothetically. But since special techniques can't be above 10, eventually they're likely to roll too low, even with top stats.

The special thing that happens is based, of course, on the name of the fighter's special technique. I roll 1d6 to determine the number of name parts of the special technique. Then for each part, I roll 1d6, and take the following:

1: Join date (of month) of xth poster
2: Username of xth poster
3: First word, no matter what it is, of xth poster
4: First applicable word of xth poster's avatar text, if they have any. If not reroll.
5: First applicable word of xth poster's most recent rapsheet reason.
5: 'Supreme', 'Final' or 'Ultimate'. Whichever is more appropriate. This can't be used more than once in a technique name.

The 'x'th poster starts at 1, then continues to 2, 3, 1 again, etc.

Then I add plurals and punctuation to try to make it work.

Let's try it for Exclusive Truck Terrorist.

Length result: 2. 2-part name.

1st result: 2. Username of 1st poster. 'Irradiation'. This turns out to work really well.
2nd result: 6. I can choose Irradiation Supreme, Irradiation Final, or Irradiation Ultimate. Irradiation Supreme sounds best to me.

So our fighter is:
Exclusive Truck Terrorist

Power: 8
Agility: 3
Special Technique: 3

Secret Technique: Irradiation Supreme

The last thing we need, of course, is the drawing that puts it all together. You've already seen it at the top of the thread.

:eng101: Valid posts

Some posts won't be valid to make fighters.

A post isn't valid if it's my post. (I cannot make fighters)
A post isn't valid if you already made a valid post for this fighter, or the previous fighter. (No one man can have all that power.)
A post isn't valid if it doesn't have enough words to be used in the formulas below.
A post isn't valid if it's just a shitpost that exists only to add whatever meme word you like to a name.

Also, if I come back and there's been more than 9 posts since I last added more fighters, I will make 3, and only 3. This will keep me from going to bed, waking up and needing to do 200 fighters.

Now you know how to play.

To start off the conversation instead of people just :firstpost::firstpost::firstpost:, i'll take suggestions on if Exclusive Truck Terrorist should or shouldn't be in the actual tournament.

Gosts fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i just watched that deadpool trailer i dont get why people say its so bad, he just says the f word a lot does that really still shock people?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The truck terrorist should be in the tournament. And his first opponent should be :gas:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Nooner posted:

i just watched that deadpool trailer i dont get why people say its so bad, he just says the f word a lot does that really still shock people?

seeing you mention the F word tarnishes my opinion of you. used to think you was a friend and thought highly of you, but to see you descend to this kind of shock value based humor is real eye opening. :smith:

nooner coming into gbs with this f word based smut.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Nooner posted:

I thought it was pretty alright looking myself as well. I'm not expecting goddamn Citizen Kane you know?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
more like deadpoop. well, bye

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

AbbadonOfHell posted:

I thought it was pretty alright looking myself as well. I'm not expecting goddamn Citizen Kane you know?

no nono I mean its not like that, its just i saw a bunch of people talking about like how insane it was and how the film barely missed being nc-17 and stuff, and like idk, just like okay there is some cussing but like not even that much like QT movies have WAY more swears, heck look at Die Hard, saying the F word isnt that big of a deal :shrug:

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

twerk that fat rear end girl

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My mum came to talk to ke when i was smoking a weed cigarette and i put it in the ashtray but it probably stabk anyway so i uust kept smokint it and she looked disaproving

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I only read a bit of the op but i want the ability 'temorporal temporal'

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Isaac posted:

My mum came to talk to ke when i was smoking a weed cigarette and i put it in the ashtray but it probably stabk anyway so i uust kept smokint it and she looked disaproving

i think its a pretty good idea to make a word filter that filters "weed" into "jazz". mods?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I always thought australian moms would be easier going. All the accent with none of the britishy stern face

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

i think its a pretty good idea to make a word filter that filters "weed" into "jazz". mods?

If you oost weed it shoukd make your post radiate with green stink lines

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Isaac posted:

If you oost weed it shoukd make your post radiate with green stink lines

with your posting quality, you should be able to make any thread green and stinky in no time

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

im referring to the gas chamber, in case you were wondering

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

I always thought australian moms would be easier going. All the accent with none of the britishy stern face

Once i was doing speed at this 15 year old girls house and me and my friends were in our early 20s. Her mum came out and the highschool girl is all like "mum its amphetamines *lists off some poo poo she read on wikipedia" and the mum was like okay sure no worries.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

im referring to the gas chamber, in case you were wondering

Yikes

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Name:

Nooner posted:

First Word: Bad
(I tried 'watched' but it didn't work well with anything)

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The truck terrorist should be in the tournament. And his first opponent should be :gas:
Second Word: First
(Didn't want to use anything like 'truck terrorist' or 'tournament', too similar/meta)

Kuato posted:

seeing you mention the F word tarnishes my opinion of you. used to think you was a friend and thought highly of you, but to see you descend to this kind of shock value based humor is real eye opening. :smith:

nooner coming into gbs with this f word based smut.
Third Word: Friend

Name: Bad first friend

Stats:
59*00*01
Oopsy Daisy, it's 0. Let's not use zeros.
59 divided by 41
Remainder is 18

'Fortitude' appears in 0 of the posts
'Power': appears in 0 of the posts
'Agility': appears in 0 of the posts
'Special Technique': appears in 0 of the posts

We will divide as evenly as we can

Power: 5
Agility: 4
Special Technique: 4

Special Technique:

Length Roll: 6 (Oh god)

1st Roll: 5
First useful word in rap sheet: Dumb
2nd Roll: 4
No text in/below avatar. Reroll: 2
(part of) Username: Baby
3rd Roll: 5
Rap sheet empty. Reroll: 3
First word: Seeing
4th Roll: 4
I'll take 'the' since it'll make this work.
5th Roll: 6
Supreme/Final/Ultimate
6th Roll: 2
Username: Kuato

Special Technique: Dumb Baby - Seeing the Supreme Kuato

Presenting Fighter #2

I'm surprised there were so many posts after I checked in. I think I'll probably do three of these when I wake up tomorrow with a necro-post instead of trying to tackle them all right now.

Gosts fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 5, 2016

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im gonna drink some gulps of spirits from the bottle. Really get me going.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
*slips in locker room gettin stoked, continues the struggle from a breather*

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Name:

AbbadonOfHell posted:

First Word: Pretty

Enfield posted:

more like deadpoop. well, bye
Second Word: dead

Panniculus Rift posted:

twerk that fat rear end girl

Third Word: girl

Name: Pretty Dead Girl

Stats:
02*05*22 = 220
220 divided by 41
Remainder is 15

I guess they just get weaker and weaker

'Fortitude' appears in 0 of the posts
'Power': appears in 0 of the posts
'Agility': appears in 0 of the posts
'Special Technique': appears in 0 of the posts

Having the stats totally even is boring. I can't even find any synonyms for these words, though, so oh well.

Fortitude: 3
Power: 4
Agility: 4
Special Technique: 4

Special Technique:

Length Roll: 5

1st Roll: 1
Let's take '16' from the join date.
2nd Roll: 3
First Word: More
3rd Roll: 3
First word: Twerk
4th Roll: 1
Same guy, same join date. '16' again!
5th Roll: 5
'privileges' is a pretty good word from the rapsheet. It completes this special nicely.

Special Technique: 16 more twerks: 16 privileges

Presenting Fighter #3

I couldn't resist doing one more before going to bed. Easily the best one so far even if she's statistically least likely to win.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i stopped playing XCOM for this

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Necros posted:

i stopped playing XCOM for this

Is the new xcom out yet

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Isaac posted:

Is the new xcom out yet

yes!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Will it run on my computer. Its an hp

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also is ot good

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
It seems to be wildly inconsistent a lot of folks with old hardware are saying it runs well and conversely a lot of folks with good hardware are saying it runs a little hitchy but I saw a lot of 4k resolution talk along side the latter part so who knows. If you aren't on a 2 gig dedicated video card it's probly not workable

Also lol whenever that WHY WON'T THIS RUN AT 3890X2000 OR WHATEVER comes up as if developers should cater to those with fifteen hundred dollar monitors.

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 5, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Will it run on my computer. Its an hp

lol HP. I don't think they've made computers in at least 8 years.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

It seems to be wildly inconsistent a lot of folks with old hardware are saying it runs well and conversely a lot of folks with good hardware are saying it runs a little hitchy but I saw a lot of 4k resolution talk along side the latter part so who knows. If you aren't on a 2 gig dedicated video card it's probly not workable

Im gonna inveatigate tommroow cause i like xcom

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Im gonna inveatigate tommroow cause i like xcom

gimme your PC specs and I will tell you a solid yes or no.

E:

Also you're in AU so you prolly get some censored version for pussies.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

lol HP. I don't think they've made computers in at least 8 years.

I bought this computer as a set with a surrojnd soubd system. Lcd monitor and a moterbike bag full of random cables amd a sex worker help card from a town 4000km away

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Om booting up

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

I bought this computer as a set with a surrojnd soubd system. Lcd monitor and a moterbike bag full of random cables amd a sex worker help card from a town 4000km away

Go to your windows icon and the lil letter bar at the bottom.

Type in dxdiag

tell me what it says for:

Operating System:
Processor:
Memory:
DirectX version:

Then click the display tab at the top and tell me what it says under device for Name

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Windows 7 ultomate 32 bit
Core 2 duo e8400 @3ghz
4gb ram
Nvidia gtx 750 2481mb

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dx11

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Windows 7 ultomate 32 bit
Core 2 duo e8400 @3ghz
4gb ram
Nvidia gtx 750 2481mb

oooo
you're on the low end there with ram processor for sure

Xcom 2 specs Lowest settings:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 45 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

you can run it wont be as pretty as possible.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have been downloadinf a 200mb file for a few days now. I think my biggest problem is getting new xcom on my pc. I wanna get windows 64bit and mlre ram but i need ro buy the windows disc or somerhinf cause no way can i donwload ot

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

my butt itches but i can't be bothered doing anything about it. that ever happen to anyone? ah i'll just take a shower

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

my butt itches but i can't be bothered doing anything about it. that ever happen to anyone? ah i'll just take a shower

Shower is a good call imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it's not right up in the butt, it's the bit i sit on just to be clear

i might get a better chair but yeah, gonna hit that shower

• Locked thread