Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Spring cleaning is coming up and unless you're some unwashed goon who lives in his mother's basement you probably do what every one else does and donate stuff instead of throwing it away. Be a normal functional human being for once in your life and help people in need at no cost to you.

My family from Mexico came to visit. They bought some coats for the winter and left them behind. I'm sure those will be a huge help to a family. My mother finally decided to part with my dead fathers clothes. I always did like his taste in ties and I'm sure they'll help some one ace an interview.

I personally don't have too much clothes to donate because most of my wardrobe comes from Goodwill to begin with but I do have an ungodly amount of blankets and kitchenware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Probably nothing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'll donate through various Humble Bundles

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Everything I own is stained and broken

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I donated 4.5 pairs of worn out old doc martins to charity. I like to imagine people paid more than new price to some shop because of hipsters.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
At least 10% of my income, like the bible says.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I gave a pint of blood and gave a bunch to Goodwill, I am trying to balance out good karma with posting in Doobie threads

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I find it hard to keep to the teachings the more I read the good book.

There are so many things that can make you unclean.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh, i'll probably also donate to SGDQ 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Something about semen to your moms personal spermbank etc etc.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Get hosed OP. You want my poo poo for free? Fight me for it oval office.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
bone marrow suck it u guilt tripping human being op ur dirt worthless dirt

otend
Jan 18, 2016
chunks of amazon smile purchases to amnesty, occasionally those little "pay $5 to feed 15 meals" things at the grocery store for funding the local food bank, bits of tech to friends and family as needed

that's a long way of saying "gently caress all," really

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
yeah op ima donate my semen to your mother

edit: sorry volume my knee-jerk reaction was to post that without looking at who the op was. im sure your mother is a very nice lady.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Probably nothing

same im poor. Donate to me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Rasmussen posted:

Get hosed OP. You want my poo poo for free? Fight me for it oval office.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Money, to MSF, every month, hth op.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

cum to shower drain

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tins of baked beans to the animal shelter.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
some unused bleach, possibly excess rope. i think i have a spare nailgun too

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'll be doing my yearly donation to Israel, OP.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I give to food banks at the grocery store, donate to public radio, donate to the animal shelter where we got our cats from, give some money to the Women's Law Project every year, and some random stuff to Goodwill. Still feel I should be doing more, though.

Like, this is sort of related--a few weeks ago I was getting gas and this guy came over with a can and asked if he could get a little gas since he was out. And I just immediately reacted with "no, I'm not going to do that" and he shuffled off and asked the older lady pumping gas at the opposite pump, and she without question agreed to give him a few bucks worth of gas from her pump and I kind of just felt like a shithead. What did a few bucks worth of gas matter to me? I wouldn't have missed the money and it would have helped that guy out.

Like, why the gently caress did I just reject the dude immediately? Why am I so concerned with being ripped off or tricked by a pan handler that I become cold towards people who actually are in need and who I could help? It's like when we talk about how if the wealthy just gave up a little bit of their money that they wouldn't even miss, so many problems could be solved in the world--but then, when we're the wealthy ones compared to other people, we don't give them poo poo because we're so cynical about how they'll spend it, or we're so protective over an insignificant percentage of our wealth. Like, I have a 401k and poo poo, is spending 2 more dollars in gas really going to affect my life in any meaningful way?

I think I'm arriving at a point in my human journey or whatever where it really doesn't loving matter how they spend the money. If we can talk about the world we want to live in, it involves helping out your fellow men when they need help, when they come up to a stranger and ask for help, which takes some big balls in the first place. And sure, I don't have millions of dollars, but giving some panhandler a dollar isn't going to ruin me financially and might help make that guy's life a little better. So why not? Instead of avoiding eye contact and ignoring the sad signs, why not put some change in the cup?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Strange Aeon posted:

I give to food banks at the grocery store, donate to public radio, donate to the animal shelter where we got our cats from, give some money to the Women's Law Project every year, and some random stuff to Goodwill. Still feel I should be doing more, though.

Like, this is sort of related--a few weeks ago I was getting gas and this guy came over with a can and asked if he could get a little gas since he was out. And I just immediately reacted with "no, I'm not going to do that" and he shuffled off and asked the older lady pumping gas at the opposite pump, and she without question agreed to give him a few bucks worth of gas from her pump and I kind of just felt like a shithead. What did a few bucks worth of gas matter to me? I wouldn't have missed the money and it would have helped that guy out.

Like, why the gently caress did I just reject the dude immediately? Why am I so concerned with being ripped off or tricked by a pan handler that I become cold towards people who actually are in need and who I could help? It's like when we talk about how if the wealthy just gave up a little bit of their money that they wouldn't even miss, so many problems could be solved in the world--but then, when we're the wealthy ones compared to other people, we don't give them poo poo because we're so cynical about how they'll spend it, or we're so protective over an insignificant percentage of our wealth. Like, I have a 401k and poo poo, is spending 2 more dollars in gas really going to affect my life in any meaningful way?

I think I'm arriving at a point in my human journey or whatever where it really doesn't loving matter how they spend the money. If we can talk about the world we want to live in, it involves helping out your fellow men when they need help, when they come up to a stranger and ask for help, which takes some big balls in the first place. And sure, I don't have millions of dollars, but giving some panhandler a dollar isn't going to ruin me financially and might help make that guy's life a little better. So why not? Instead of avoiding eye contact and ignoring the sad signs, why not put some change in the cup?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I donate generously to food banks and programs that help the working poor, but panhandlers can loving suck it.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

im giving my time to rehouse precious gems

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

cum

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My virginity, who would like the donation?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

My virginity, who would like the donation?

No thanks, it took me forever to get rid of mine.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

A Strange Aeon posted:

when this happens to me i ask them which octane huffs better before just giving them regular

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Nothing, op.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Some big ol' goons in this thread who can't stop jacking off to MLP long enough to drop off a coat at the Goodwill.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Strange Aeon posted:

giving the gift of reading this post

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
my cum in your moms puss

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

plasma near the docks

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Games Done Quick, Kill the loving animals (Super Metroid)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Uxzuigal posted:

greetings from germany

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Meh, I guess I should. I just don't wanna get rid of my cool stuff

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

a messed up horse posted:

giving the gift of reading this post

thank you

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Me and my fellow National Action members donate free bacon sandwiches to the Muslims outside my local Mosque every Friday after prayers finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Uxzuigal posted:

You know, it is actually kind of cool that in this day and age we can play video games and help the less fortunate at the same time.

• Locked thread