Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Work Friend Keven posted:

This card looks really bad and I probably won't even try and sports bar it.

Will you at least be watching some low quality SD stream alone in a dark room? Cause I know what I'll be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I legit haven't done that in quite a while & if I'm game daying I'm probably bored somewhere with my phone out.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The reason why everyone is useless in those infomercials is sort of depressing, incidentally.

Needs to freeze frame and have a "NO STOP" stamp appear in red.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Which says less about my ethics than the general card quality.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Can you watch fs1 cards on fight pass or nah

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Nope. Maybe if you live outside of America?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Nope. Maybe if you live outside of America?

I figured. Not important just would've been nice for the nights I go out during a fight card.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I'm excited for the card but I'm not super intersted in Makovsky, his fight with Dodson was a bit of a sparring match and if he can't beat dodson then he wont be getting a title.
Whos the other guy thats like Mike Pyle and has had like 40000 fights and Joe Rogan often describes as a 'wily veteran'

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Top 3 coolest fighters
1. Ben Henderson
2. Michael Chiesa
3. Bigg rigg

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
LWB droppin some heavy science

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Nierbo posted:

I'm excited for the card but I'm not super intersted in Makovsky, his fight with Dodson was a bit of a sparring match and if he can't beat dodson then he wont be getting a title.

All of his other UFC fights were good though.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

This card looks really bad and I probably won't even try and sports bar it.

Saw this and thought of you. ..if reading this doesn't get you pumped up about tonight's card, nothing will

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/10-rea...n=&st_refQuery=

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Whenever I see this I just hear a cartoon BOING sound in my head

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Saw this and thought of you. ..if reading this doesn't get you pumped up about tonight's card, nothing will

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/10-rea...n=&st_refQuery=

awesome. clickbait listicles to hype lovely cards. hate to break it to you mr. journalist guy but joe b / makovsky probably doesn't have title implications unless the implication is they don't fight for the title

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

put that poo poo in black and white and werdum's in the infomercial hell dimension where it's too difficult to use weights/drawers/jugs/cutlery

lol

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

people are insane. "great for injury prevention"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao at this thread. Still gonna watch it.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

excited here for the much advertised UFC fight pass debut of mickey gall

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
oh hey Goldie and Rogan did take the night off. I don't blame them, really.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
i heard artem had t-rex arms but holy poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i hope this is one of those 'good against all odds' cards

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i hope this is one of those 'good against all odds' cards

hey it could be... why not

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
So this Lobov guy everyone hates, he trains with conor doesnt he? He trains with southpaws all day but doesnt know basic footwork on how to box a southpaw? He keeps beating other dude to the punch but his lead foot is way on the inside so the punches have a lovely angle and keep bouncing off dudes forehead

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

artem has exactly one punch

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

why do people hate lobov?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

manyak posted:

So this Lobov guy everyone hates, he trains with conor doesnt he? He trains with southpaws all day but doesnt know basic footwork on how to box a southpaw? He keeps beating other dude to the punch but his lead foot is way on the inside so the punches have a lovely angle and keep bouncing off dudes forehead

He's basically a bar fighter. There's no doubt I would not wish to aggrieve him in a bar but he's the most z-level fighter I've ever seen. Just throws wild counters.

Also, He is so highly regarded in SBG that they have sent 1 coach for his curtain raiser.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
he got in on TUF because he's Conor's friend, he's a dick to people on twitter, he has one skill (right hand)

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I should probably clarify that as "the most z-level fighter I've ever seen in the UFC"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

reformed bad troll posted:

I should probably clarify that as "the most z-level fighter I've ever seen in the UFC"

hilarious considering the gall / jackson fight

afatwhiteloaf posted:

he got in on TUF because he's Conor's friend, he's a dick to people on twitter, he has one skill (right hand)

ah.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Other guy should go to the head with the kick late in this round

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

He's basically a bar fighter. There's no doubt I would not wish to aggrieve him in a bar but he's the most z-level fighter I've ever seen. Just throws wild counters.

Also, He is so highly regarded in SBG that they have sent 1 coach for his curtain raiser.

heh

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This is at 145? :staredog: god drat

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Artem is getting thoroughly owned and this is very good.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

hilarious considering the gall / jackson fight

Valid.

Is this a "winner gets CM Punk" match or is it o Ly if Gall wins?

If Jackson wins do we need to wait another year for Dana to find someone to fight him?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

how do you train at a pro gym with literal world champions and be this bad?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Valid.

Is this a "winner gets CM Punk" match or is it o Ly if Gall wins?

If Jackson wins do we need to wait another year for Dana to find someone to fight him?

it's only guarenteed for gall, but jackson should be personable enough to talk himself into the fight if he wins. all it would take is to get a post fight interview and be like 'u scared phil? lol'

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Life must be hosed up when you're a fighter with literal T. rex arms.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

sure when it comes to wiping your rear end but that alone doesn't excuse this performance

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Those long uppercuts are really weird and look like garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Well you could be this guy or you could be johny hendricks, depends how much you suck

• Locked thread