Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The one guy still holds grudges about high school bullies in his late 30s lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
drat, what happened to that art style? It was never perfect, but good enough for being a 3 panel comic strip.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
*unsheathes katana* *wheezing voice*

video...games....are....ARRRT!!!!

*slices dumb jock trevor in half*
.....baka

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Unshaved Moose posted:

drat, what happened to that art style? It was never perfect, but good enough for being a 3 panel comic strip.

looks kinda klurfy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well they used to be depressed as per their own admission but then they took brain medicine and coincidentally all their stuff got a lot less funny

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
goon posts comic about video games

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

penny arcade is still a thing?

and his kid is growing up to be as weird as his parents aka kevin smith syndrome

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you op

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Snatch Duster posted:

gently caress you op

came here to post this

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress happened to his face

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Zzulu posted:

well they used to be depressed as per their own admission but then they took brain medicine and coincidentally all their stuff got a lot less funny

Depressed people are usually the funniest

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Psst, I heard Gabe and Tycho constantly 69 each other while listening to Rammstein's "Engel" on repeat. Pass it on!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
That's some Grade A humor, really makes ya think.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Seems unlikely

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

do ya like the vidya games?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
It was a p decent comic, OP.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Psst, I heard Gabe and Tycho constantly 69 each other while listening to Rammstein's "Engel" on repeat. Pass it on!
I forgot how much I liked this band when I was 14

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Nah dude, it's "Mann gegen Mann," not "Engel."

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
SOOO FUNNY HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I am typing from the floor because that's where I am because I fell off my chair after I read that comic because I was laughing so hard you see and I think there is an acronym for that kind of thing but I'm laughing too hard right now to think of it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Infidel Castro posted:

Wow, the art style has really gone to poo poo, and it wasn't even that good to begin with.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Xaris posted:

goons have an embarrasingly irrational sadbrain seething hatred for pa for no reason, but yeah I was thinking that too

Xaris posted:

for no reason

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
new achewood today, go read that instead

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Whoever made this should take over Penny Arcade, it looks like there is more action to me.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Beaker and Bunsen are both idiots but Bunsen most of all.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The one guy still holds grudges about high school bullies in his late 30s lol

So do most goons

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
FINALLY A GOOD COMIC.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Xaris posted:

goons have an embarrasingly irrational sadbrain seething hatred for pa for no reason, but yeah I was thinking that too

i dont hate it because i dont go to a thing i liked when i was 10 anymore or think about it, but to say there is no reason to make fun of it is really stupid

-they have entire conventions where you wait in lines to buy plastic video game merchandise and then have it autographed by guys who draw a web comic
-they have been drawing themselves as not being fat or having speech impediments for like 20 years, one of them has a wife bigger than any broad ive ever ploughed but draws her as a supermodel
-their web comic which is solely about 'inside video game jokes' and how video game people are different and misunderstood, is mostly not funny, and has not been funny since 1999 or something

is that fair now?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
everyone always says pa looks bad, but idk i think the guy has an art style that he is comfortable with and that his audience sort of expects at this point. looks ok to this guy

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I used to be a pretty big PA fan, but the comics just got lazy and most of them were random 'art' of people walking or sitting or doing something unrelated to what they were saying, and the words for any comic could be swapped out with a different comic and no one would even notice. At that point you're just making tweets while someone else draws unrelated pictures.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

counterfeitsaint posted:

I used to be a pretty big PA fan, but the comics just got lazy and most of them were random 'art' of people walking or sitting or doing something unrelated to what they were saying, and the words for any comic could be swapped out with a different comic and no one would even notice. At that point you're just making tweets while someone else draws unrelated pictures.

tell us more......

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
thats not funny you stupid idiot

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gently caress da Mods posted:

tell us more......
I like to read a few good P-strips (that's short for Penny Arcade comic strips ladies and gentlemen) while I kick back and watch Irate Gamer on my second monitor.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
that was a very bad comic you linked, op

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sorry OP, I didn't enjoy it, but I enjoy your posting! :)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Shaquin posted:

Beaker and Bunsen are both idiots but Bunsen most of all.

Beaker is actually very smart, but Bunsen has seniority so Beaker has to do whatever that insane senile shithead says. That's why he looks so terrified of every project they do he knows how insanely lost in dementia Bunsen is. It usually results in Beaker being put through horribly dangerous and unethical experiments too for some reason. Even though he has a masters, doctorate, and been in several Scientific Journal writeups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKkoOxbl-c

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 6, 2016

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Dickwolves

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
PAX is good though and we have Penny Arcade to thank for creating and spreading that. And the occasional comic is funny.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Infidel Castro posted:

Wow, the art style has really gone to poo poo, and it wasn't even that good to begin with.

Unshaved Moose posted:

Yeah I haven't looked at PA in years, did the one guy have a stroke or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That was awful and it makes me want to stop playing video games before I have children.

• Locked thread