Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I was sending an iMessage video to someone and the phone died at 20%. Upon plugging it in it instantly turned on with 20% charge and has been 'Sending...' for almost an hour, persisting across restarts and even disabling iMessage and MMS messaging in settings. Is there any remedy for this incredibly powerful AIDS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
If you disable iMessage and restart the iPhone the 'Sending...' bar just turns green. I've already been to the Apple Store today for unrelated Apple AIDS and don't want to go back.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
install gentoo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbGT-JD9wFM&hd=1

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

Get a Mac.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cool mp3 of sa legend schmorky and his gf arguing

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_o1w43x4GGX1v772mro1.mp3

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
people send me and iMessage and my wife gets it too

even when it's a sexy message or a younger lady sending me a picture of her large boobies in a bra

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gonna need a fwd on the aforementioned boobies

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

pram posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

wanna meet some younger ladies with large boobies that send pictures to an unemployed dude with a wife and kids :q:

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
i found a bug in Messages/Maps once where you could send your location to an iMessage user, but if you start typing before it finished sending, it would start to try to send the map location a second time and never complete. It'd drain the gently caress out of your battery, too.

Got a few friends to replicate it.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

emoji posted:

I was sending an iMessage video to someone and the phone died at 20%. Upon plugging it in it instantly turned on with 20% charge and has been 'Sending...' for almost an hour, persisting across restarts and even disabling iMessage and MMS messaging in settings. Is there any remedy for this incredibly powerful AIDS?

launch and close imessage

hold home and power for reboot

launch imessage

if sending persits toggle airplane mode on, then close and reopen imessage and then turn off airplane mode

if sending perists try closing, opening, then editing the message

if sending perssits create a backup on a computer and then restore backup

if sending persists perform factory reset

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

i would but I am feeling like you guys would be judgemental as hell soooo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

wanna meet some younger ladies with large boobies that send pictures to an unemployed dude with a wife and kids :q:

i wasnt unemployed at the time

she had the sex with me. I dont think she had high standards. she used to be a cam girl? and big on the australasian WOW scene?

but yes big boobies. indeedio

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i wasnt unemployed at the time

she had the sex with me. I dont think she had high standards. she used to be a cam girl? and big on the australasian WOW scene?

but yes big boobies. indeedio

legit love your life echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i took her to a bar. she talked about gaming. I told her I liked gta5. she was a bit like, wow that is some mainstream bullshit. i wasnt phased, because gta5 was fun

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

angry_keebler posted:

launch and close imessage

hold home and power for reboot

launch imessage

if sending persits toggle airplane mode on, then close and reopen imessage and then turn off airplane mode

if sending perists try closing, opening, then editing the message

if sending perssits create a backup on a computer and then restore backup

if sending persists perform factory reset

Jesus Christ !

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

looks like another case of broken Apple poo poo in my expert opinion :chord:

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
that message is stuck between worlds and will relive that moment forever, never growing hungry or old
even if you destroy the phone it will not be freed from its torment

you don't need an apple genius son, you need a priest

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

you can't just long-press on the message and delete it? sounds icky

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

yeah it's a big pile of baloney

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

emoji posted:

Maybe you should harass the iPhone until it kills itself then laugh about it you creepy weirdo.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

somewhere on an attic theres a painting of a message, getting sent and sent and sent...

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

emoji posted:

if u tap and hold on the message a little thing comes up and you can delete it.

that usually stops the sending thing for me

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Squeezy Farm posted:

Maybe you should harass the iPhone until it kills itself then laugh about it you creepy weirdo.

uh, actually i don't think this would help???

well, at least try the steps i posted before you try this, anyway

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

akadajet posted:

if u tap and hold on the message a little thing comes up and you can delete it.

that usually stops the sending thing for me

That was the first thing I tried. It stopped trying to send the non existent message a few hours later.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yospos saves the day

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The remedy is to switch to Android, the world's most popular smartphone operating system, and the only one with a major open source component, available on phones from a variety of manufacturers. Open always wins.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

imessages loving up mid-trasmit if the connection goes bad is horribly handled by ios, it's quite impressive how bad it is

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

mishaq posted:

bad. horrible. ios - it's quite impressive how bad it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mishaq posted:

imessages loving up mid-trasmit if the connection goes bad is horribly handled by ios, it's quite impressive how bad it is

:agreed:

• Locked thread