Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eris pads her chest.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I definitely wasn't expecting a double announcement of any kind, not even a season and a movie (much less two seasons of adapting material). I'm starting to believe that we'll see the entire LN adapted eventually!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

How many of these light novels actually get entirely adapted? I'd have to imagine it can't be very many.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raxivace posted:

How many of these light novels actually get entirely adapted? I'd have to imagine it can't be very many.

Adapt a volume or two every three to four years and maybe get a movie on occasion. It's the only way the animation studios can handle the massive demand for adaptations of so much manga and LNs, there just aren't enough studios out there to keep up a constant production.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The shows often are used as promo material for the novels themselves too so it's very rare for one to get adapted all the way to the end.

You get the odd show like Bookworm (and Konosuba) where the show takes off enough to be considered its own thing but that doesn't happen often.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/05/28-1/konosuba-an-explosion-on-this-wonderful-world-spin-off-novels-get-tv-anime-adaptation

Official confirmation

quote:

Based on the light novels by Natsume Akatsuki and Masahito Watari, KONOSUBA: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! is being directed by Yujiro Abe (Kaguya-sama: Love is War episode director) at studio Drive (VLAD LOVE) under the supervision of main series director Takaomi Kanasaki, with the return of Makoto Uezu as series composer and Koichi Kikuta as character designer as well.

quote:

My name is...

One year before a certain useless goddess and NEET extraordinaire hit the scene, Megumin, the "Greatest Genius of the Crimson Magic Clan," is hard at work. Ever since a life-changing encounter in her youth, the young wizard has dedicated her every waking moment to the pursuit of the ultimate offensive magic, Explosion! (Well...every moment not spent hustling food from her self-proclaimed rival.) And while the big sister's away, the little one will play. On a routine trip into the woods, Megumin's little sister, Komekko, finds a strange black kitten. Little does she know that this cat plays a key role in unsealing a Dark God's tomb...

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
PV released for the Megumin spin-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_vwcq-sGI8

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Another preview for Megumin, it has English subs, but you have to turn them on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M3d6vqydiw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hell yeah

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

copy posted:

hell yeah

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

copy posted:

hell yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

copy posted:

hell yeah

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

copy posted:

hell yeah

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

copy posted:

hell yeah

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

But also she deserves full marks for that answer, because she’s correct.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New PV, anime premieres April 5th. Studio animating it is Studio Drive, but it’s still the same staff as the previous seasons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBvVH-5hOdE

Exia fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 28, 2023

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/konosubaanime/status/1671556081406058496

Season 3 in 2024 :toot:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yes! YES!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm punching the air and saying curse words

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm praising Eris who pads her chest.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I’m Kazuma

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:stoked:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm praising Eris who pads her chest.

It’s alright even if she does

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Please be 24 episodes, please be 24 episodes...

Oh, I forgot to mention that the last volume of the light novel was released about 8 months ago, so you can actually read the whole entire story now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Breaking news:

https://twitter.com/BitchAssBowie/status/1694551529313738988

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Getting your posting wires crossed, except in reality.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nalin posted:

Please be 24 episodes, please be 24 episodes...

Oh, I forgot to mention that the last volume of the light novel was released about 8 months ago, so you can actually read the whole entire story now.

I hope it is too, so that the Kazuma x Megumin ship can set sail

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

ACKSHUALLY that's a light novel

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

He's in Axel now...:greenangel:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

He's in Axel now...:greenangel:

poo poo, that means the Demon King has a new general.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My Class is "Chef" but I'm Secretly the Strongest Mercenary Leader?!?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New trailer for S3 dropped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37syJvrlro
The season has also confirmed to be 11 episodes via the blu-ray info

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Apparently it has leaked places. As a report, it is good. At first I was sort of annoyed, but the second the punchlines hit I ended up cackling.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

thechosenone posted:

Apparently it has leaked places. As a report, it is good. At first I was sort of annoyed, but the second the punchlines hit I ended up cackling.

Yup, seen a couple leaks on Youtube, also apparently the Kazuma/Megumin ship is already setting off in episode 1 of all times.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
best ship

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
ah so this season is clearing up left over stuff from the volume the movie was based on and also the iris/capital arc

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spookydonut posted:

ah so this season is clearing up left over stuff from the volume the movie was based on and also the iris/capital arc

My hope is we'll get Megumin and Darkness' confessions in this season, but with 11 episodes that may be a stretch

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

CommieGIR posted:

My hope is we'll get Megumin and Darkness' confessions in this season, but with 11 episodes that may be a stretch

Its been a bit since i read the novels but i think we will get the explosion off and "i am a mage who has mastered explosion magic" by the end of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Episode 1 of Season 3 is out for real on Crunchy, great to have Peak back