Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thread title made me look into this.

I want to walk the path of explosions with them. :)

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Who buys a cursed sword only one person, that isn't them, can use anyway?

I was half expecting the obnoxious hero to get his underwear stolen.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kaptain posted:

In Kazuma case, the skill steals what the target values most due to his abnormal luck. Luck in this series influences the accuracy/effectiveness of a skill, and the likelihood for crazy bullshit to happen.
Ah, that makes sense. At first I thought he for some reason managed to get an underwear only version.

Repster posted:

It looks bitching awesome on your wall?

"Yeah bro, that's the cursed sword Gram. Kills dragons like nobodies business. Use it? What no. That's crazy. I'm not going to fight freaking dragons."

Or maybe there's some sort of disenchanting system or whatnot in this realm where you can extract mystical power from items.
Having the sword getting disenchanted would be hilarious.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Isn't the new episode out soon?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Which looks cute up close. :3:
It probably looks less cute from the inside. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That was stupid, gloriously stupid. Poor guy just wanted to be a boss fight, and that is what he got instead?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Emalde posted:

Grimgar thread having 9 pages to this one's 3 is all the evidence we need to the contrary. :v:

About 70% of that thread is complaining about the animation quality. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:ohdear:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Only 10 episodes? Don't they usually go 12?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kaptain posted:

- Everyone stating that Darkness didn't do poo poo for the whole fight, as stated above.
She was very impressive doing nothing though. But to be fair she inspired the rest of the adventurers to charge instead of fleeing and that should count.

Zettace posted:

They probably didn't expect it to do so well and it's true goal was to be a standard LN ad. Nou-come, another LN adaption also only got 10 episodes. Edit: Chaika's second season was 10 episodes too iirc for some reason. Budget restraints?

Anyways, this was a pretty fun show and I'm glad we're getting a second season. I'm guessing it'll be a Fall anime?
Is ten episodes going to become the new standard? :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

God, could you imagine having Aqua as your defence attorney? It must be up there on the "worst possible outcomes" list
Well, at least getting executed directly afterwards would be a bit of a relief. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aqua looks like a goddess you could take out in public and not be ashamed of. At least for a few moments. :v:

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that Darkness is actually just being forced to wear pretty dresses and attend tea parties?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I should note that Megumin could be better with her explosions if she pumped up her mana. As this would let her cast it more often. But instead she pumps up explosion itself which in turns increases it's mana cost.
Wouldn't she need to really dump a ton of points into mana to get a second cast? At that point it might be better to just slowly increase mana to be just enough for one cast of a progressively bigger explosion. Also it leads to more powerful explosions so it's better this way. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe some form of shield spell that protects against stomach acids?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yinlock posted:

that rules

he was also on a drama cd cover

(he never appears in this I believe)
No Megumin. 0/10 would not explode again.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Megumin's sense for names is great, but that should of course already be obvious.

bondster posted:

Aqua's little smirk at the end was the hardest I laughed in a while
It was the best.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Beasteh posted:

Kazuma's Excalibur: A Shameful Dick

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Aqua is utterly self centered and whines like a child whenever she doesn't get what she wants. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Speaking of explosions, this whole town is in dire need of one. I'm not surprised Aqua's aptly named religion reeks of being a scam. Just pay 1000 gold to join and for every other person you sign up you get to keep 50 and send the rest to whoever recruited you?

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 2, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yinlock posted:

it's basically d&d seinfeld except if the characters had actual redeeming qualities
And it's actually funny.

If you didn't watch Seinfeld back when it aired when you were young and saw a few random episodes later it's not that great. :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Seinfeld is about as funny as having toothache personally but the problem going back to it if you never got into it is that it's oft-imitated so feels generic and simple, not that it's unfunny in and of itself.
Not quite that awful, but it is about as interesting as watching grass grow.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Damnit Darkness!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Soap. Detergent. Soap. Swallow. Soap. Detergent.
Time to purify this place by a professional. Time for Megumin to shine.

I wonder if things would have gone better if the statues and craven images and whatnot were even slightly accurate. :v:

Jackard posted:

Now I've yet to watch the episode, but the only adjective you should be using here is "well-deserved"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is the protective shield just to keep them out as well?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

Wednesday joins Tuesday on the list of "Days That Used to Be Great."
Hey, wednesdays are still dragon maid days. :toot:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Baron Putankin sounds amazing and should be in an episode. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The blushing while putting a ring on Megumin's finger one was pretty cute. No idea about the context but presumably it was just a magic ring? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

KomeradeCanadian posted:

He's kind of a scumbag though. I'm halfway through ssn2 and he tries to abandon Aqua, then get Darkness kicked out of his team...
No one can be blamed for abandoning Aqua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

He's trying to kill Aqua?