Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasure bear

not as good as real treasure but post the good byob posts in here

dont shitpost, dont post your own posts, don't post old stuff thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

mister magpie posted:

In this thread I would like to explore movies that influenced you when you were young, whether they were powerful dramas or perhaps a favorite cartoon movie.

In the 1995 film, the Indian and the Cupboard , a young boy discovers that his toy cabinet can bring small figurines to life once closed, locked, and then opened. This amazing light fantasy film touches on many lofty issues for a family film, such as death, prejudice, and trust. But to me, the most impressive thing this film brought to the table was the performance by the tiny actors who depict Iroquois warrior Little Bear, cowboy Boone, and WWI Medic Tommy Atkins.

During the film, we see young Omri interact with Little Bear and Boone, learning about trust and friendship, as well as responsibility, while the two also discover that they aren't so different from one another. During all of this, Little Bear is shown to build a longhouse out of twigs, craw under floorboards to retrieve a lost key, and fights a rat, scenes only believable by the actor's diminutive size. Had a well-known, average sized actor depicted the tiny Little Bear, these scenes wouldn't have been so magical and believable. I only wish that these actors had found themselves in other roles, perhaps allowing tiny people everywhere more stories to identify with, like a 4-inch tall John McClane, or perhaps a miniscule Jedi in the Star Wars films. Sadly, the window of opportunity for inclusion has passed, and the torch must be passed to another generation of tiny actors.

What films influenced you, and why?

ron color

dumb crambo posted:

the byob mars mission. yeah its just another byob scenario by byob superstar who is constantly denied access to the byob inner circle, alfred (with some help from notime)

[so byob decides to go to mars. they've got a mission to boot. their mission? well its to find some aliens and get them high on weed. yeah, thats byob for you. obsessed with weed. i bet your average yobber couldnt go five minutes without toking up. quite sad, really. anyway. the scene right now is inside of the byob mars outpost. its light blue and lavander. yep the cool chill pastel colors we all love. mmmmmmmm]

byob astronaut #1: i cant wait to take this spliff i brought from earth and give it to a martian. im going to meat [sic] a martian and give him this spliff of weed and say "we come in weed" lmao. this shits hilarious.

byob astronaut #2: im going to give an alien a bowl. not just any bowl mind you, a bowl of mother loving weed baby. yessir, this bowl is filled to the brim with weed! its a glass bowl and if you light it on fire you get hella high baby. byob bitch.

byob astronaut #1: yeah haha. getting high is so cool. i also brought some hats that say "weed rear end" on them, to shar with the martian king.

byob astronaut #3: noice. what do you think martians look like btw? i think they are not like the stereotypical greys we see on tv shows like the xfiles and greys anatomy, i think they are probably, like they are spider like in nature.

byob astronaut #2: interesting prospect. i think maybe they are squidlike in form but very smart, like dolphins but maybe they can speak english. so they talk like someone with a mental disability but they are smart like dolphins and they can read and write and they are in a squid-ish [sic] body. i think they probably live in the water that is still hidden under the martian soil after the fascist us government took all the water to create vape juice flavors like "almond" and "mothers milke"

byob astronaut #1: yeah . i think they are like the greys but they are green. sometimes its the simplest solutions that yield the answers to the most complex question.

byob stowaway who is a dj a pimp and. get this.hes also a mother loving jedi. yeah, i know, what the gently caress. crazy poo poo. well anyway he has an iq of 121 and heres his reply: yeah, thats what ive learned in my philosophy studies. ive learned that the most complex questions get there answers yielded via, surprisingly, the simplest solutions.

byob astronaut #3: good talk folks. lets get back to our mission of giving aliens weed!

all the byob astronauts and the byob stowaway in unison: i did it all for the yobbie!!

Pizzatime

Manifisto posted:

nature is amazing and sometimes . . . a little grotesque

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hold on let me find a good post
e: well i bumped this thread with a post that i realized was old, so i tried to find another good new post. but well i cant, sorry for bumping this thread. maybe some1 else can find a good post? anyways, peace. sorry

dumb crambo fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
this was in my goldmine but it got gassed. i forgot about it. lets put it here so we dont forger about it again

ron color posted:

between the ages of 12 and 36 jesus posted on byob. probably that guy who liked battletoads a lot

• Locked thread