Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
my wife keeps trying to make jokes about and references to it but i don't get any of it and it loving pisses her off and i'm all hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yessssssssssss i have power over you in a way you never expected

also i haven't ever watched ep 3 so that make two total star shits i haven't taken and when ep 8 comes out, it'll be three! three star shits! my power will only grow while the rest of you become enslaved to this infernal consumer engine that burns dumbshits alive for fuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

remember the no1curr meme ban coin toss? haha those were good times here in GBS

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I guess that's why she fucks so many other dudes.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Don't care

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Your wife hosed the dude who went to go see it with her. Her little jokes and references are actually about all the ways he sexually dominated her.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Never ever seen any Star Wars films crue - Am I alone here?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just tell her han solo dies

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
well op, i havent seen ANY star wars :smugbert:

Aug 4, 2010

get rid of your wife, she sounds awful

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
chewbakkka owns sorry op

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

cucked up if true

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's OK OP, I've watched it fifteen times and have memorized all the dialogue, I'll recreate the entire movie in this thread so you can still experience it.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

well op, i havent seen ANY star wars :smugbert:

<---- super jeal guy right here

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
its a fun movie OP

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
if you've seen the first star wars you've seen this one

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Spoiler alert: Ben solo is his FATHER

stump collector
May 28, 2007
me either

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
it's ok, op. It's basically a condensed specialized edition OT designed to pander to nerds who didn't like the prequels.

It's still enjoyable, and worth a look, but def the weakest star war movie (yet).

Aug 4, 2010

does your wife know you post about her behind her back?

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
haven't seen it either :c00lbutt:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

iSheep posted:

its a fun movie OP

there is no way these movies are ever going to surprise you

they won't challenge you or shock you or make you think about anything more complicated than "I want to buy some more Star Wars poo poo"

there is nothing you can say about these movies that hasn't been said, no thought that is truly revelatory

before the mouse bought the goddamn thing, it flew in the extremes - it was devine, and then terrible. now it is clipped and grounded in the same grey sludge which treads those loving marvel movies. you will walk out of that theatre feeling exactly what they want you to feel, which is exactly how everyone else feels about the loving thing

the movie is "good" because the mouse threw enough money and talent at it to be "good." not great, not terrible - GOOD. workshopped into mediocrity. workshopped so you'll never have to think about anything the next time your eyes trip over a box of cereal with yoda on it, or another dumbfuck plastic figure. you'll reach for your wallet, not really sure of why other than "i like star wars"

then the question becomes "why do i like star wars"

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

I have no interest in blockbusters or whatever. It's basically pop music but just different form of entertainment.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cram me sideways posted:

they won't challenge you or shock you or make you think about anything more complicated than "I want to buy some more Star Wars poo poo"

there is nothing you can say about these movies that hasn't been said, no thought that is truly revelatory

before the mouse bought the goddamn thing, it flew in the extremes - it was devine, and then terrible. now it is clipped and grounded in the same grey sludge which treads those loving marvel movies. you will walk out of that theatre feeling exactly what they want you to feel, which is exactly how everyone else feels about the loving thing

the movie is "good" because the mouse threw enough money and talent at it to be "good." not great, not terrible - GOOD. workshopped into mediocrity. workshopped so you'll never have to think about anything the next time your eyes trip over a box of cereal with yoda on it, or another dumbfuck plastic figure. you'll reach for your wallet, not really sure of why other than "i like star wars"

Yeah man.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i havent watched it either

or played the latest games

or watched any of the other latest movies

im 44

im disillusioned

:gerty: :gerty: :gerty:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

cram me sideways posted:

you must be really weird because this is like the third time youve felt compelled to tell people this

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

do you have any friends op

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
You are driving your wife away with your petty concerns over watching movies, an artistic medium that is literally just a way to make money

You should probably relax and stop giving such a poo poo, and do things with your wife before you ruin your marriage, unless you already have in which case :justpost:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you dont understand guys the OP is enlightened and sees right past HollyWEIRDS attempts to shovel out commercial garbage.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
star wars as a whole has been poisoned for me a handful of times by multiple people over the years. that said, this one was great and it actually felt unique. its commercialized for the kiddies & manbabies to all hell, but yeah on its own its really good. See it alone I guess, if you really wanna be that goony to your wife.

cram me sideways posted:

yeah its why I dont like big-o blockbusters either because its the same kind of stories with safe, predictable choices that leave the audience feeling happy. You can more or less predict major plot points like any other movie, but its nice to see fresh characters that are bad at what they do trying to stumble around not getting their head cut off. At least in that case, you can be in it for the character development.

all that said, i'd like something similar to star wars (either on TV like GoT or movies) that didnt have the baggage of audience expectations and kiddie advertising. I'd be down for a crazy space opera.

buglord fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 6, 2016

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I don't think I'm ever going to watch it because I don't want the prequels to be tarnished.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I loved the part where 3d luke skywalker walks out of the screen right towards you and sucks your cock right in the theater and you can't stop screaming because of his crazy force powers on your dilz

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Big Beef City posted:

I loved the part where 3d luke skywalker walks out of the screen right towards you and sucks your cock right in the theater and you can't stop screaming because of his crazy force powers on your dilz

Well now you've got me interested, I might have to go see this "Star Wars" all the kids are talking about.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Boinks posted:

I don't think I'm ever going to watch it because I don't want the prequels to be tarnished.

Have no fear, it actually makes them look even better in comparison.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
same op

same

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Listen up, ladies and fuckboys: I'm a big boy and I've got some seriously adult opinions about a movie I haven't seen.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Black Bones posted:

Have no fear, it actually makes them look even better in comparison.

My favorite part is in ep. 2 where Anakin gets friend zoned.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

cram me sideways posted:

I like reading poo poo like this because it lets me know people's memories are short enough to forget that lucas was out to merch the gently caress out of the OT even back in the seventies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Schlonged Again posted:

Listen up, ladies and fuckboys: I'm a big boy and I've got some seriously adult opinions about a movie I haven't seen.

same but instead of adult opinions i have no opinions

i hope you enjoyed your movie though.

• Locked thread