Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If you want a mouth challenge there's always using The Pheasant Plucker song as a long tongue-twister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Really bored of seeing Kain drinking blood. I actually started typing that last sentence just as you said it's outstayed its welcome. It's a shame that he can't just do it really fast (instead it gets worse as stronger enemies have more blood to drink), maybe cut out the wiping animation, or allow multiple drinks at one time, like you might have done back in Blood Omen with a series of prisoners. I do like the reuse of Blood Omen 1 prisoner sound effects. Please, help me kind sir!

I like how good a job they've done with turning Meridian into a proper industrial city. Really doesn't need all the optional empty areas though. I'm happy that the district has its own forge or healer or whatever, don't waste effort modelling it.

Any chance you could increase the dialogue volume? Whenever there's any amount of interesting dialogue in the game (maybe 2, 3 times per episode) I have to crank up the volume (played through my TV, awwyeah) and then try and drop it again before your much louder voice booms through the speakers.

I hope there's more sewer levels!!!! I think I remember there's very similar looking levels later in the game. Yay.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Squalitude posted:

Any chance you could increase the dialogue volume? Whenever there's any amount of interesting dialogue in the game (maybe 2, 3 times per episode) I have to crank up the volume (played through my TV, awwyeah) and then try and drop it again before your much louder voice booms through the speakers.

Of course. I was actually doing that in BO1, just didn't think about doing it here for whatever reason. Sorry about that.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Chapter 6, the one with the "I am the Night Shift" exchange, was released while I was skimming the previous videos to check whether I'd somehow missed it. That's one of the few things I remember about the game and definitely one of the best.

I was going to say that I liked the lack of background sound because it didn't obscure the sound of the violence but that's stupid because some quiet atmospheric stuff wouldn't do that anyway.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I'm back from hibernation, updates resume tomorrow

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Okay, my internet is complete dogshit after a forced switch to a different ISP and I'm leaving for Germany in three days for a week. I have no idea how I'll go about it as far as updates go. Probably another hbernation. Oh well.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
God drat it, now I want to eat some rolls.

edit: Jesus loving Christ, Zain.

George fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 3, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

George posted:

God drat it, now I want to eat some rolls.

edit: Jesus loving Christ, Zain.

What? Yes I am a huge spurg. I enjoy things like Ancient Civilizations and how religions shaped the world.

Zain fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 3, 2016

Phanos
Jul 24, 2006
So who made the sandwiches?
I've been watching all of your LPs since Blood Omen 1, but I'll have to say that Blood Omen 2's biggest fault is how loving boring it looks to play. It's the most generic 2000s third person action game without any of the charm of the previous entries in the series.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You say that because we haven't really got to the really good lines yet.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I just noticed that Kain's calves move up and down during his idle breathing animation.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I just noticed that Kain's calves move up and down during his idle breathing animation.

Shoulders make sense... I wonder why they made the calves move.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Finally caught up with the LP.

Zain, if you can be bothered, just upload it to daily motion and add a short YT video with a link to said video. The content ID system on Youtube is more than teribad and you really don't want to bother filing counter claims unless you actually make money on YT.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Thankfully this was resolved, but yeah I understand. I might move some things over to daily motion if things get ridiculous.

Also due to how finicky Alexey's internet has been recording has kinda gotten to a stand still.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Actually, right now it's not the internet, but me being in Germany.
I hope to heaven that the issues I have at home with internet will be resolved by the time I'm back (which should be on 12th, but realistically I won't be in a condition to do anything until 13th), because otherwise I have no idea how to go about the updates. And it's outside of my control, too, because there the ISP and the housekeeping orgnization that maintains the actual physical cables that are used, and they are footballing the complaints between each other.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
This was waaaaaaay overdue

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Is that a bandage wrapped around Vorador's neck?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
God drat, that Sanctuary cutscene had some wacky animations. Just another thing I've forgotten from the game.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Is that a bandage wrapped around Vorador's neck?

I think it's a failed attempt at making a collar

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Deleted, I'm lazy and overreacted

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 20, 2016

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Mustache Vampire had me laughing every time he was on the screen.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

God drat, that Sanctuary cutscene had some wacky animations. Just another thing I've forgotten from the game.
I'm struggling to recall an ingame cutscene in BO2 that didn't have some wacky animation going on. It's as if the animators were trying to compensate for the voice actors' apathy by having everyone overact.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 21, 2016

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Oh no, the new outfit is awful! It's symmetrical!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I never mention it anywhere, but there's one silly thing about the new outfit: the spaulders. They have skull patterns on them. Other than that, I really dig the new outfit

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure those guards at the beginning attacked you because you locked-on to them. Which has Kain hiss and bare his fangs for some reason.
If I recall right, in the first four chapters most of those non-glowy, basic Sarafan guards will start as non-hostile until Kain reveals himself as a vampire.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You really ought to give Bloodlines another shot, for vampire detox.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I have actually been meaning to do it for years

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, religion was indirectly referred to in SR - there's Silent Cathedral and Drowned Abbey. As for what they worshipped, no idea.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
At least it's not an owl hooting that signals night time even though the guard is outside in daylight.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

Well, religion was indirectly referred to in SR - there's Silent Cathedral and Drowned Abbey. As for what they worshipped, no idea.

We do know that some people worshipped vampires :v:

Zanzibar Ham posted:

At least it's not an owl hooting that signals night time even though the guard is outside in daylight.

The game looks like it's happening at a perpetual 5 am

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

The Avernus Cathedral made an appearance way back in Blood Omen. Off course we know what some people worshiped in there.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 23, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I actually completely forgot about Avernus :v:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
You can stealth-kill glyph guards, you just have to be quick about it since they will always turn towards you after they stop and poke their sword into the air.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Now that the video was posted. I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN to play the correct video during the last one. Number 11. I didn't actually tell Alexey this cause I was afraid he'd say let's do it over... :ohdear:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
What
Well, that happened

Good thing that 9 times out of 10 absolutely nothing of interest happens in the game :v:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
As for Chakan, I see no reason why one wouldn't be able to emulate it. Whether one feels up to punishing one's self by playing such a brutally difficult game is another question.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Alexeythegreat posted:

What
Well, that happened

Good thing that 9 times out of 10 absolutely nothing of interest happens in the game :v:

Well, if either of you ever loses your audio, you can pull a Kuvo and just ad-lib it. I doubt anybody would ever notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chakan doesn't look that hard here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APbz4L9GlcU

• Locked thread