Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

reallivedinosaur posted:

Yes it is.. Quitting smoking is easy. Do you really believe that quitting smoking is a near impossible task, just because the pamphlets that the government forced the cigarette companies to produce say so?

Or because the makers of nicotine patches say it's impossible to quit without help?

People have been smoking and quitting smoking since literally the stone age.

Stop smoking. Dont make excuses. Dont replace it with something else.

Just stop smoking, suck it down and feel miserable for a few days, and then get on with your life.

Again I don't think it's near-impossible, I just think treating it like "lol suck it up bitch it's easy" is a great way to make sure people fail at it and completely the wrong way to go about this. Statistically, quitting has a success rate of 4% to 7% per attempt cold turkey, 25% with "medications", so just because it was easy for you don't act like other people are just not "trying hard enough" or something, it is legitimately difficult and should be treated the same as any other addiction.

reallivedinosaur posted:

And quit comparing it to serious addictions with life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. It's not the same thing.

Giving up coffee was harder than giving up cigarettes and I smoked for 20 years.

whether or not something has life-threatening withdrawal symptoms has no bearing on its addictive potential or ease of quitting mentally. physically obviously you can quit smoking without outright dying but addiction is mostly a mental disease.

and gently caress i'm not just talking out of my rear end I was addicted to goddamn amphetamines for a long time and i quit those cold turkey so it's not like i think they're the same thing or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

And let me repeat that none of this is an excuse, nothing I am saying is meant to excuse not trying, just don't act like it's super easy for everyone because it was easy for you and that people who fail are big babies that just need to suck it up. People who fail are addicts who need loving support not ridicule.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Beating a cigarette addiction is not as hard as beating a being a self-righteous human being addiction

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have relatives that quit smoking with Ecigs, oddly enough by going cold turkey but using the fake cigarette vapor to get the sensation of smoking without actually getting nicotine. It's a pretty solid idea since smokers compulsively smoke as a mechanical action, they have done studies where sleeping smokers will try to smoke anything if it is vaguely shaped like a cigarette (I think the study used baby carrots)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

not to mention that's there's very little chance your cig/cigar/pipe will straight-up explode your face (unless you're Castro or a looney toons character I guess)

:nws:cause it's not like you need those lips and teeth anyway

There's a reason why everyone uses big box mods: those tubes are known to blow the gently caress up because they're unregulated and if gently caress up and drain the battery too quickly It'll vent and blow up

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I hope you all get pneumonia

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i cant read anything due to the huge vape cloud in front of my face

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Real men use Swedish SNUS

Hell yeah do the snus

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

no one wants to kiss a snusare

also lol if you buy portionssnus

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

shoophobo posted:

What's the deal with brass knuckles and vapers?

What's the deal with brass knuckles and anyone anywhere ever?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Thanks for the funny .jpgs and .gifs!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Lithium cell of unknown quality, some nichrome wire and unregulated chinese chemicals? Sure, I'll put that near my face and even inhale it!

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I use an innokin coolfire IV with an iSub A tank and .5 ohm coils and i gotta say, I am a HUGE human being.

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Germstore posted:

Lithium cell of unknown quality, some nichrome wire and unregulated chinese chemicals? Sure, I'll put that near my face and even inhale it!

The vast majority of vapors don't use any of the above, and even if you do use a regulated device with an internal rechargeable battery it was as much of a chance of exploding as your cell phone

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Nightrain posted:

The vast majority of vapors don't use any of the above, and even if you do use a regulated device with an internal rechargeable battery it was as much of a chance of exploding as your cell phone

you used to call me on my box mod

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Snus is so loving gross

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nightrain posted:

Don't they use IMR batteries, which are a type of lithium ion battery?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Germstore posted:

some do, others use flat lith batteries like the ones in cell phones

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
This GBS thread about how vaping is dumb and bad is turning into lots of unironic seriousposts by people who vape and posts by people who ostensibly think it's stupid but still know about stuff like PG/VG ratios is reminding me of other GBS threads about how metal is dumb and bad that usually turn into lots of unironic youtube posts by fans of the music and posts by people who ostensibly think it's stupid but still know the difference between subgenres like black and death metal

Anyway my point is I'm listening to metal and "hittin' the vape" and all of GBS secretly thinks I'm pretty cool for it :cool: thanks for your support

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
As a 37 year old man I only ever bothered to know the difference between Doom and Power. Because that's the only kind I won't LOL at while listening to it.

Also, I vaped to quit cigarettes and then I quit vaping but I still want to be a flaming homo. Is that ok?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
vaping weed w/ satan while riding on a dragon and wearing renfair clothes is p cool w/ me

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

As a 37 year old man I only ever bothered to know the difference between Doom and Power. Because that's the only kind I won't LOL at while listening to it.

Also, I vaped to quit cigarettes and then I quit vaping but I still want to be a flaming homo. Is that ok?

Dude doom metal is seriously good. I'm going to see Bongzilla later this month. Imma do a vape about it.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
cool .jpg thread

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

garfield hentai posted:

vaping weed w/ satan while riding on a dragon and wearing renfair clothes is p cool w/ me
if i see the tinman walking around i will tell him u found his.. WEINIE!!!!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the best part about smoking surely is the amazing high that you get from nicotine - worth any addiction!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i am legitimately shocked there arent nicotine energy drinks. unless there are. in which case i am NOT shocked.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
the only vape trick ive ever seen that i actually had any respect for is a guy who kept vaping for like an hour straight, but was swallowing the vape smoke instead of inhaling it

at the end of his session he let out a mad fart that looked like someone was burning green leaves in his pants

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A misanthrope posted:

do you think ninjas or batman can use vape to vanish in a cloud of smoke? has that been used in a comic book yet?

tomstuart posted:

the only vape trick ive ever seen that i actually had any respect for is a guy who kept vaping for like an hour straight, but was swallowing the vape smoke instead of inhaling it

at the end of his session he let out a mad fart that looked like someone was burning green leaves in his pants

Someone combine these concepts plz

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mange Mite posted:

Someone combine these concepts plz
https://youtu.be/SjpXlV5cK9g?t=9s

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Germstore posted:

That is correct that some do, but the majority of vape stores only sell brands that have been tested and proven and when using them with a regulated device the risks are extremely low

As mentioned when you are using a non regulated device (basically a battery with a fire button) you really have to know what you are doing

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Feedback Agency posted:

"have you tried not smoking"

yeah it's easier said than done pal

try going to 12step meetings like the other addicts

admit you are powerless and you need a cult to help

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

tomstuart posted:

why isn't this on youtube?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i don't vape inside unless it's my house or with someone who is ok with me doing it inside of theirs

i have an rda because they're fun but i blow away from people unless they are also smokers and are close to me in which case it's a moot point

i do not consider vaping a lifestyle, i'm doing it to a) quit smoking and b) because it tastes pretty good

hi

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

deep impact on vhs posted:

i don't vape inside unless it's my house or with someone who is ok with me doing it inside of theirs

i have an rda because they're fun but i blow away from people unless they are also smokers and are close to me in which case it's a moot point

i do not consider vaping a lifestyle, i'm doing it to a) quit smoking and b) because it tastes pretty good

hi

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Lucky Guy posted:

why isn't this on youtube?

because its not true due to being physically/biologically impossible

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
once i get down to 0mg i will probably still keep vaping because it's pretty fun and there are some really neat flavors

also i already bought the poo poo

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Earwicker posted:

because its not true due to being physically/biologically impossible

don't ruin this for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjksxdpaSHY