Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
its basically a litmus test to see which of your friends keep up with whats current and which ones are turning in to old people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Dregs posted:

I just keep watching. Laughing so hard I can't talk. I think it's the end where he falls down and the table jumps that gets me.

he was trapped in a direct vape blast, obviously standing up was out of the question so the only way out was down

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i hate that super-vape dude. He has a fuckin cat in the house, stop spraying nicotine into the air. His cat is probably addicted to nicotine, that's hosed up and animal cruelty.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fonzarelli posted:

i hate that super-vape dude. He has a fuckin cat in the house, stop spraying nicotine into the air. His cat is probably addicted to nicotine, that's hosed up and animal cruelty.

its just water man

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

reallivedinosaur posted:

its just water man

he wasn't even actually doing the nicotine liquid? I saw him pour some poo poo in there

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I use a 75 watt box(I usually only run between 25-45 depending on the ohm of the coil I have in it) and it's kept me from smoking(I used to smoke about a pack a day). I guess I got into the box mod thing because my introduction to vaping was basically me buying one off a guy at work, so the box mod + tank is how I used to begin with. I never take in in public and blow clouds because that's obviously obnoxious and lovely to do, regardless if the smoke is "healthy" or not. I will say, when I was a smoker I constantly had phlegm sliding around in my lungs and would wake up choking on it. Now my lungs are clear and I don't cough anything up, so while it may not be perfectly healthy it's definitely magnitudes better than cigarettes, imo.

I also feel it's not as addicting as cigarettes in general. Used to, whenever I left the house, even for just an hour, I'd take my cigarettes with me to smoke. Now the only place I take my vape is to work, where I only use it where cigarettes are allowed. I see the whole obnoxious vaper thing online a lot, but I've actually never encountered one in real life trying to blow clouds indoors, but that could just be because I"m in Alabama, which isn't a very "hipster" place. Also the longer I use it, the less "fun" it seems to be, so I'm hoping to eventually just phase it all the way out without going back to smoking. Also, I always tell non-smokers who seem interested to not bother taking it up in the first place, because that's stupid as hell.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I use a 75 watt box(I usually only run between 25-45 depending on the ohm of the coil I have in it) and it's kept me from smoking(I used to smoke about a pack a day). I guess I got into the box mod thing because my introduction to vaping was basically me buying one off a guy at work, so the box mod + tank is how I used to begin with. I never take in in public and blow clouds because that's obviously obnoxious and lovely to do, regardless if the smoke is "healthy" or not. I will say, when I was a smoker I constantly had phlegm sliding around in my lungs and would wake up choking on it. Now my lungs are clear and I don't cough anything up, so while it may not be perfectly healthy it's definitely magnitudes better than cigarettes, imo.

I also feel it's not as addicting as cigarettes in general. Used to, whenever I left the house, even for just an hour, I'd take my cigarettes with me to smoke. Now the only place I take my vape is to work, where I only use it where cigarettes are allowed. I see the whole obnoxious vaper thing online a lot, but I've actually never encountered one in real life trying to blow clouds indoors, but that could just be because I"m in Alabama, which isn't a very "hipster" place. Also the longer I use it, the less "fun" it seems to be, so I'm hoping to eventually just phase it all the way out without going back to smoking. Also, I always tell non-smokers who seem interested to not bother taking it up in the first place, because that's stupid as hell.

i'm in florida and vaper assholes are infrequent but definitely there, especially in and around hookah or kava bars. occasionally you see some little teen poo poo with one at the mall trying to look cool but that's about it.

i mean it's the same with fedora nerds, i don't see them often but when i do see them they're always hilarious and exactly in line with the stereotype.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

shoophobo posted:

what's worse then vape culture?
steampunk
lets have both

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

i'm in florida and vaper assholes are infrequent but definitely there, especially in and around hookah or kava bars. occasionally you see some little teen poo poo with one at the mall trying to look cool but that's about it.

i mean it's the same with fedora nerds, i don't see them often but when i do see them they're always hilarious and exactly in line with the stereotype.

That's why I avoid vape shops, they are usually douche magnets, plus you can get everything online cheaper anyway

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VikingSkull posted:

I got into this to quit smoking which was good but now I have to interact with literal scum to get the e-juice down at the store

why can't it just be normal people, why does the internet ruin everything

Just buy it online from china. That's probably where the shop gets it from anyway. You just have to plan ahead a bit because the shipping is slow as hell. https://www.fasttech.com/category/3009/consumables-e-liquid?sort=p1&

(I'm not a vapist, but my mom tried it.)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

socks and sandals

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Angela Christine posted:

Just buy it online from china. That's probably where the shop gets it from anyway. You just have to plan ahead a bit because the shipping is slow as hell. https://www.fasttech.com/category/3009/consumables-e-liquid?sort=p1&

(I'm not a vapist, but my mom tried it.)

If you're looking for cheap ejuice I would recommend vapewild.com

Decent juice, great prices (they usually throw in 2-3 10ml samples) and made in the US

I have nothing against Chinese juices, but I have heard they vary a lot quality wise

Fasttech is great for any kind of hardware, just make sure you read the reviews and discussions

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Snark posted:

Vaporizing is great because nomatter how much bullshit smug people say about it every last drat one of them would happily trade in a smoker for for someone puffing out mist.

There is really no comparing the two rationally and coming to the conclusion Vaporizing is worse, unless of course you've been well paid to do so.

And so now I will disagree :shepface: I haven't seen someone just walk into a restaurant and start smoking since the like, early 90's. Or a movie theater, bakery or bus. Basically any interior that wasn't explicitly marked as smoking-friendly. Meanwhile people who vape are completely loving retarded and I've seen them start producing their lovely vapor in all of these places and then some. "It's just vapor!" Yeah you rear end in a top hat, but it smells like a lollypop has leprosy so stop filling the bus with it.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I get like insta-headaches if I breathe a good amount of it, i have no idea why. i've smoked cigarettes in the past as a nice mellow way to come down off highs in college and they never did that to me but going from fresh air to a full breath of second-hand vapor gives me an instant sharp headache in my forehead every time. i accept that it may be placebo but drat still hurts the same if it is.

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I'm not saying you aren't feeling any real effects, but there is something to be said about a placebo effect

When I first started vaping I was doing it discreetly at my desk at work for two weeks and no one in the office knew. After I told them every once and a while someone would be like "oh I can smell your vapor" but I wasn't doing anything different than before

None of them minded and supported it cause I wasn't smoking, but if they had asked me stop I would have and just gone outside

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
My 60 year old dad vapes

loving millennial

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I bought a vape to quit smoking and it worked really well - I feel lots better, and I don't stink anymore. Maybe I'll get some form of super lung cancer down the line from it, but it really is night and day between how I used to feel when I smoked and now.

Usually I just order all my stuff online, but I went into a vape shop the other week and it was full of the most loving awful dweebs talking gobbledegook about their vaping poo poo. :chloe:

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Vaping is pretty big on my college campus. I usually see at least 5 people or so blowing clouds on my way to class that 90% of the time float directly into the nearest crowd of people

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
not to mention that's there's very little chance your cig/cigar/pipe will straight-up explode your face (unless you're Castro or a looney toons character I guess)

:nws:cause it's not like you need those lips and teeth anyway

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

do you people who quit smoking and started vaping just intend to vape until you die?

why don't you just man up and quit smoking and have some discipline?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

not to mention that's there's very little chance your cig/cigar/pipe will straight-up explode your face (unless you're Castro or a looney toons character I guess)

This guy literally deep throated the Robocock.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Nuebot posted:

And so now I will disagree :shepface: I haven't seen someone just walk into a restaurant and start smoking since the like, early 90's. Or a movie theater, bakery or bus. Basically any interior that wasn't explicitly marked as smoking-friendly. Meanwhile people who vape are completely loving retarded and I've seen them start producing their lovely vapor in all of these places and then some. "It's just vapor!" Yeah you rear end in a top hat, but it smells like a lollypop has leprosy so stop filling the bus with it.

I think you may be a tad neurotic about it. Then again, this is probably a lot more fun to obsess over than hand sanitizers.

For what it's worth, I agree they're being assholes as blowing a cloud of anything into anyone's face is rude as hell- but the responsibility for being assholes begins and ends with them. It's not the fault of the technology.

Still better than cigarettes. Or would you actually prefer to be in the same room with someone smoking rather than vaporizing? If so, cigarettes would be better for you I suppose. Worse for your health though.

Besides, worry not! Odds are phobics the world over will ensure vaporizing is illegal everywhere smoking is soon enough thanks to those VAPORIZING CRUSADERS annoying the hell out of people.

You can probably write to the cigarette brand of your choice for a civic action starter kit.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 8, 2016

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jokes on you, pal. Smokers have been shrugging off pictures of shoggoth lung and every single form of smoking-related cancer for decades now. Injuries from these are still far less common and seem to more often than not be the result of ill-advised modifcations.

Oh, and one of the reasons I support vaporizing is that if there is one group that hates obnoxious vaporizers, it's non-obnoxious vaporizers.

http://www.vaporvanity.com/lovely-parent-lets-baby-put-vape-in-mouth-posts-picture-on-the-internet/

The Snark fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 8, 2016

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fonzarelli posted:

because addiction isn't a moral failing you can wish yourself out of?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

vape.gif

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

do you think ninjas or batman can use vape to vanish in a cloud of smoke? has that been used in a comic book yet?

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Fonzarelli posted:

do you people who quit smoking and started vaping just intend to vape until you die?

i don't really intend to stop drinking coffee until i die either

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you can quit cigarettes, people do it every day, I did it four months ago

i believe in you

Other Barry posted:

i don't really intend to stop drinking coffee until i die either

coffee is good for you and is a good thing that lets you be more productive, and you also look cool when you are drinking it unlike vaping

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont "vape" tobacco or juice or whatever i have a nice little vaporizer that i use exclusively for weed wax and i am thankful that these ecigarette/vape dorks are everywhere because I can now easily use it openly pretty much anywhere without it attracting any attention whatsoever

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Earwicker posted:

i dont "vape" tobacco or juice or whatever i have a nice little vaporizer that i use exclusively for weed wax and i am thankful that these ecigarette/vape dorks are everywhere because I can now easily use it openly pretty much anywhere without it attracting any attention whatsoever

jesus knows what you're doing

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

of course he does, it was his idea.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
My ex girlfriend started vaping then a few months later broke up with with me. It makes you a bad person

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fonzarelli posted:

you can quit cigarettes, people do it every day, I did it four months ago

i believe in you

i'm not saying you can't, i'm just saying that treating it like everyone can just *do* it is unhelpful at best and harmful at worst. note i'm also not saying you shouldn't try, you definitely should do everything you can to quit but also don't consider people unable to quit for whatever reason as being "failures" or "just not trying hard enough" whatever. we really need to reconsider our societal views on addiction before we can get anywhere with it as a mental health concern.

ok i'm done seriousposting in the silly vaper thread ty for listening

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bobcats posted:

My ex girlfriend started vaping then a few months later broke up with with me. It makes you a bad person

anti-vaping is misogyny

Stoli Now
Apr 5, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

i smoke my crack out of tinfoil like a cool guy

loving 7-11 had to stop selling those glass roses :argh:

Man where do you even get tin foil these days?
All I can ever find is aluminium, and personally I think aluminium just ruins the flavor of perfectly good crack.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Yes it is.. Quitting smoking is easy. Do you really believe that quitting smoking is a near impossible task, just because the pamphlets that the government forced the cigarette companies to produce say so?

Or because the makers of nicotine patches say it's impossible to quit without help?

People have been smoking and quitting smoking since literally the stone age.

Stop smoking. Dont make excuses. Dont replace it with something else.

Just stop smoking, suck it down and feel miserable for a few days, and then get on with your life.

And quit comparing it to serious addictions with life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. It's not the same thing.

Giving up coffee was harder than giving up cigarettes and I smoked for 20 years.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yeah bro it literally isn't crack or heroin or whatever, you'll be super cranky for a week and you'll like, want a smoke real bad but just don't smoke and you'll eventually not be addicted

basically what i'm saying is that you're a weakass pussy lil bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

reallivedinosaur posted:

Yes it is.. Quitting smoking is easy. Do you really believe that quitting smoking is a near impossible task, just because the pamphlets that the government forced the cigarette companies to produce say so?

Or because the makers of nicotine patches say it's impossible to quit without help?

People have been smoking and quitting smoking since literally the stone age.

Stop smoking. Dont make excuses. Dont replace it with something else.

Just stop smoking, suck it down and feel miserable for a few days, and then get on with your life.

And quit comparing it to serious addictions with life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. It's not the same thing.

Giving up coffee was harder than giving up cigarettes and I smoked for 20 years.

"have you tried not smoking"

yeah it's easier said than done pal

• Locked thread