Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

smell kinda weird tho, like fruta soemthin

lol this guy rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MauveAvenger
Dec 12, 2004

It's 'I hope we never part'. Now get it right or pay the price!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'd rather be seen wearing a fedora than vaping, but I'd rather be seen vaping than be seen with a neck beard.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

vape.jpg

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

while I don't think vaping makes anyone look particularly cool, I would say that if you are a goon and you are here posting about how vaping makes you look like a dork or whatever, you should post a picture of yourself doing an activity you enjoy, just for comparisons sake. I'm just curious.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

while I don't think vaping makes anyone look particularly cool, I would say that if you are a goon and you are here posting about how vaping makes you look like a dork or whatever, you should post a picture of yourself doing an activity you enjoy, just for comparisons sake. I'm just curious.

Don't listen to this guy and post pictures of vapes in the vape jpg thread and pictures of yourself in the goon jpg thread.

Check out how cool and confident that dude is! He is what makes us haters hate.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Sheep-Goats posted:

The burnt organic compounds are by far the major carcinogen in cigarettes. It's not "the chemicals" it's just huffing torched plant matter that does most of the harm.

Also some people just get lung cancer, it's not always from smoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dqTrUpmwPg

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
I don't get vape hate at all. I certainly prefer it to smoking, and while we don't know what the consequences are it's almost certainly not as bad as smoking. Plus it comes in all kinds of cool flavors, as opposed to cigarettes, which come in "rolled up dead plants" and "vaguely minty rolled up dead plants." Beyond that, vaping now supports a whole industry and a bunch of jobs that didn't exist even 5 years ago. Here's hoping people don't regulate it out of existence before we even find out what the actual consequences are.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The hate is because smoking was popularized by glamorous movie stars. That plus the danger aspect guarantees that it is and always will be cool. Vaping was popularized by the fattest gooniest individuals to every live.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Boof Bonser posted:

I don't get vape hate at all. I certainly prefer it to smoking, and while we don't know what the consequences are it's almost certainly not as bad as smoking. Plus it comes in all kinds of cool flavors, as opposed to cigarettes, which come in "rolled up dead plants" and "vaguely minty rolled up dead plants." Beyond that, vaping now supports a whole industry and a bunch of jobs that didn't exist even 5 years ago. Here's hoping people don't regulate it out of existence before we even find out what the actual consequences are.

Society chose to marginalize and shame smokers because it is an annoying and obnoxious habit. Nobody really cares that smoking is bad for people or causes cancer. When people find out a smoker got lung cancer the response is usually a smug sort of "serves them right" attitude.

I see no reason vapers shouldn't be lumped into the same category because it is an annoying and obnoxious habit for all the same reasons smoking is.

That you won't die of lung cancer really doesn't factor into it, except in that we possibly have to put up with your annoying electric lollypop bullshit oral fetish for longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WSrX7tj-dQ

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boof Bonser posted:

lol reddit people are retarded

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boof Bonser posted:

Answers these questions for anyone you know that vapes:

1. Do they think what they are exhaling is just water vapor?

2. Do they think it is fine to vape at a dinner table or enclosed space when there are any non-smokers around?

3. Do they think that blowing smoke stacks of smoke in public is the greatest thing ever?

If you know anyone that answers "yes" to any of questions, that is why there is vape hate.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EVIR Gibson posted:

Answers these questions for anyone you know that vapes:

1. Do they think what they are exhaling is just water vapor?

2. Do they think it is fine to vape at a dinner table or enclosed space when there are any non-smokers around?

3. Do they think that blowing smoke stacks of smoke in public is the greatest thing ever?

If you know anyone that answers "yes" to any of questions, that is why there is vape hate.

nah man this mystery liquid i get in bleach bottles from china is totally safe and regulated, its that tobacco leaf that is really bad for u. check out these links

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I've known literally no one who has gotten juice from China.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

yeah, they get it from the vape shop who gets it from china

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
good thing nobody sells stickers, or is capable of labelling their own bottles, or of buying in bulk from wherever the gently caress(like anybody would ever actually be honest if there's a profit to be made) and then selling you little bottles of, once again, mystery juice.

impenetrable system of honor and juice

i would use one of the normal kind to smoke the ganj tho, so its like: who is this guy foolin??

reallivedinosaur posted:

Don't you guys know about all the vape juice factories opening up right here in the USA that are creating jobs for the economy?

Feel the Bern 2016
i heard those jobs didnt exist just 5 short years ago!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Don't you guys know about all the vape juice factories opening up right here in the USA that are creating jobs for the economy?

Feel the Bern 2016

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i either buy from people who make their own juice or companies who make their own juice :colbert:

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

lol reddit people are retarded

Erm. What does Reddit have to do with any of this?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I used to work at this IT sweatshop that employed nothing but awful neck beards and felons. One Christmas the owner gave everyone ecigs and banned smoke breaks.

From then on the entire office building was basically hot boxed and there was a terrible stink (besides bo and energy drinks) that permeated every surface. I eventually quit when I was coming home with migraines every day.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

sweatshop that employed nothing but awful neck beards and felons.

GBS incorporated

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

deep impact on vhs posted:

i either buy from people who make their own juice or companies who make their own juice :colbert:

i just squeeze the oranges directly into a glass

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

hmm do I buy this box of aged tobacco cigars hand rolled in Nicaragua or do I buy this gay robot dick that cums strawberry smoke into my mouth

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Justin Tyme posted:

hmm do I buy this box of aged tobacco cigars hand rolled in Nicaragua or do I buy this gay robot dick that cums strawberry smoke into my mouth

hahhaha never noticed but they do look like peepees .

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah well so does this *waggles dilz*

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
nobody would ever think that a cigar resembles a cock

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Unless your dick looks like a dook.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Most times a cigar is just a cigar.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

some tobacco wieners look like THIS....

other tobacco wieners look like this

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Nightrain posted:

If you're looking for cheap ejuice I would recommend vapewild.com

Decent juice, great prices (they usually throw in 2-3 10ml samples) and made in the US

I have nothing against Chinese juices, but I have heard they vary a lot quality wise

Fasttech is great for any kind of hardware, just make sure you read the reviews and discussions

I have everything against Chinese juices because that's all I could buy when I lived in China and I would rather vape my own pee than have to ever taste a Hangsen juice ever again. Holy poo poo, it's the worst stuff ever, and I bought 5 flavors or something.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

Society chose to marginalize and shame smokers because it is an annoying and obnoxious habit. Nobody really cares that smoking is bad for people or causes cancer.

lol what the gently caress are you talking about. smoking was incredibly popular until it was finally proven that yes, indeed, it does cause lung cancer and it took a huge amount of education and effort to get people to actually recognize that it is bad for you. only then did society chose to "marginalize and shame smokers". prior to that point, smoking was considered a social norm and in fact you were seen as kind of weird if you had a problem with it. even if you were a non-smoker it was considered polite to have some cigarettes on your desk or house to offer anyone who came in for a meeting or over for dinner. it was not at all considered an "annoying habit" by most of society until the dangers were really hammered home.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 9, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

lol what the gently caress are you talking about. smoking was incredibly popular until it was finally proven that yes, indeed, it does cause lung cancer and it took a huge amount of education and effort to get people to actually recognize that it is bad for you. only then did society chose to "marginalize and shame smokers". prior to that point, smoking was considered a social norm and in fact you were seen as kind of weird if you had a problem with it. even if you were a non-smoker it was considered polite to have some cigarettes on your desk or house to offer anyone who came in for a meeting or over for dinner. it was not at all considered an "annoying habit" by most of society until the dangers were really hammered home.

The the golden age of hollywood convinced you that smoking was cool and good for you and always has been that way, because it was all funded by cigarette money. I'm thinking back further to when a classy gent used snuff.

wikipedia posted:

In Britain, a response to the still-new habit of smoking met royal opposition in 1604, when King James I wrote A Counterblaste to Tobacco, describing smoking as: "A custome loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmeful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and in the black stinking fume thereof, nearest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomeless."

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

Don't listen to this guy and post pictures of vapes in the vape jpg thread and pictures of yourself in the goon jpg thread.

Check out how cool and confident that dude is! He is what makes us haters hate.
i'm mad that none of the things on this person's shirt is a condom

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

sinking belle posted:

i'm mad that none of the things on this person's shirt is a condom

what makes you think he'll be needing one with a shirt like that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lol I know that guy

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

The the golden age of hollywood convinced you that smoking was cool and good for you and always has been that way, because it was all funded by cigarette money. I'm thinking back further to when a classy gent used snuff.

it was way more pervasive than that. yes, of course hollywood played a role in making it look cool, but smoking was a very popular habit well before hollywood movies even existed - most people throughout the 20th century smoked simply because it was the normal thing to do and this was probably reinforced more by every day advertising than hollywood stars.

in any case, my point is that smoking being bad for you had everything to do with society deciding to marginalize it. before it was widely accepted that smoking was bad for you, only a very few people considered it an "obnoxious habit" and those people were the weirdos, not smokers.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i don't even see how vaping is worth it, there's no way it can compare to the smooth burn of a cigarette as it hits your lungs and stings just right, oooohhhh baby

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

reallivedinosaur posted:

Feel the Bern 2016

I vape in my closet, under a blanket, so people don't call me a human being, and make me cry.

The LOL CHINESE LEADED ROBOCOCK JIZZ argument is kinda stupid, though.

Vapor liquid is made of 4 components: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine, and Flavoring. All 4 of these are produced in pharmaceutical grade in the US by companies like Dow and Procter & Gamble. The poo poo's not expensive, either. Even in-house mixers can buy legit ingredients, and clear a nice margin.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Clitch posted:

Vapor liquid is made of 4 components: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine, and Flavoring. All 4 of these are produced in pharmaceutical grade in the US by companies like Dow and Procter & Gamble. The poo poo's not expensive, either. Even in-house mixers can buy legit ingredients, and clear a nice margin.

yeah and they're also produced cheaper in industrial grades by a lot more companies (at least propylene glycol is) and I'm sure there's a big chunk of the market that doesn't give a gently caress where they source it from. you can be sure that if there's no regulations requiring the use of food-grade components for a particular thing and inspections to enforce compliance, a pretty good sized (if minority) chunk of the market will not be using them. hell dietary supplements even have this sort of problem and they're way more mainstream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

yeah and they're also produced cheaper in industrial grades by a lot more companies (at least propylene glycol is) and I'm sure there's a big chunk of the market that doesn't give a gently caress where they source it from. you can be sure that if there's no regulations requiring the use of food-grade components for a particular thing and inspections to enforce compliance, a pretty good sized (if minority) chunk of the market will not be using them. hell dietary supplements even have this sort of problem and they're way more mainstream.

Oh No! Unscrupulous vape juice boogey men!

For gently caress's sake, you shitheads wonder why there's a Republican majority in Congress.

• Locked thread