Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vaping helped me quit smoking and I did it where nobody ever saw me. One year nicotine free as of last week

That's my story thanks for your time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If I think about it everyone has touched or sucked on a vaguely phallic object a few times

I touch a cars pee pee every time I shift

I practice giving frosty a blowy every time I have a Popsicle

Lots of things, really

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

don't be a vape-id oval office

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

When I used to vape I would only use the wintergreen flavour that I ordered from some cool dude out in Washington

It was really good not going to lie

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Turpitude posted:

-vaping weed is good medicine

-vaping this nicotine candy poo poo gives you bronchiolitis obliterans (aka 'popcorn lung') which I had after my first transplant. it turned my transplanted lungs into hamburger. i've known a lot of people who have died from it.

Ill bet for every smart person who uses this stuff to get off cigarettes there are a dozen stupid highschoolers vaping because it is trendy. everyone I see vaping aorund here is like 16 years old

lets not give vapists some sort of justification because the link to popcorn lung was proven to be false and we still have no idea what propyl glycol and vegetable glycerin do in your lung other than turn you into a huge dork so then theyll be all like ACTUALLY,,,,

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shin00bie posted:

I've been thinking about trying it but all the people I know who used them to quit ended up going back to cigarettes

I almost switched back but then I doubled down on one of those big handheld ones that pumped 50W through a coil and suddenly it hit just like a cigarette, usually harder

Made it so much easier

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

notZaar posted:

How is vaping going to help you quit? It's like saying you're only going to drink from ceramic mugs instead of glass tumblers because you're trying to quit drinking.

You can taper down the strength of the juice until you no longer have cravings

I started at 18mg/ml then over six months I tapered down to 0mg/ml and then when I ran out of that juice I never bought more

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shin00bie posted:

How much did you smoke before switching? Do you think six months is an average time to cut it down to 0?

Five years at a pack a day, and I could have done it in a bit less time, but I think I spent a little over a month per strength so it went 18->12->6->3->0->done

Even with buying a new mod I saved over $500 iirc

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sheep-Goats posted:

Vaping is a healthier replacement anyway so even if you never quit you're still ahead. The main thing though is that vaping is so incredibly lame that eventually you will just quit out of shame

That is until they find out that you die of a new and exciting form of lung cancer from it

My mum was just diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer and has six months left on this planet and she quit smoking thirty years ago

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sheep-Goats posted:

The burnt organic compounds are by far the major carcinogen in cigarettes. It's not "the chemicals" it's just huffing torched plant matter that does most of the harm.

Also some people just get lung cancer, it's not always from smoking.

No I know, I'm just saying we don't really know what VG/PG do in the lungs as of yet so until the CDC says that it's safe I wouldn't really say it is, even though it is noticeably less bad than tobacco

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cops usually suspect that you're smoking weed with it but otherwise no

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

can we just make the blanket statement that if your hobby has become a """"lifestyle"""" then you're a big nerd loser and call it a day

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:tinfoil:s feel that the vape hate comes from big tobacco putting people on social media sites to mock vapers and make it shameful

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Blargh posted:

you madman

now what will GBS talk about

good point

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kill all boomers and use their ashes for fertilizer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

shoophobo posted:

Quality jpgs. thanks
why are all the juice names sexual in nature? There are so many "milk" ones too. Do vapers dream of sucking on nipples?

Because they have a creamy taste

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

not to mention that's there's very little chance your cig/cigar/pipe will straight-up explode your face (unless you're Castro or a looney toons character I guess)

:nws:cause it's not like you need those lips and teeth anyway

There's a reason why everyone uses big box mods: those tubes are known to blow the gently caress up because they're unregulated and if gently caress up and drain the battery too quickly It'll vent and blow up

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Germstore posted:

Don't they use IMR batteries, which are a type of lithium ion battery?

some do, others use flat lith batteries like the ones in cell phones

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Earwicker posted:

I'm in Australia now and I've seen way less people vaping than in the US or UK or France

It's borderline impossible to get through customs

• Locked thread