Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Lithium cell of unknown quality, some nichrome wire and unregulated chinese chemicals? Sure, I'll put that near my face and even inhale it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Nightrain posted:

The vast majority of vapors don't use any of the above, and even if you do use a regulated device with an internal rechargeable battery it was as much of a chance of exploding as your cell phone

Don't they use IMR batteries, which are a type of lithium ion battery?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'd rather be seen wearing a fedora than vaping, but I'd rather be seen vaping than be seen with a neck beard.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The hate is because smoking was popularized by glamorous movie stars. That plus the danger aspect guarantees that it is and always will be cool. Vaping was popularized by the fattest gooniest individuals to every live.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

yeah, they get it from the vape shop who gets it from china

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

That beard's looking a little unkempt. Hmmm...

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

No one wants to smell goddamn blueberry pancake autism-juice.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

amityville anus posted:

Doctor asks "do you smoke", kid replies "no, I vape." *doctor writes "faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag" on clipboard*

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Do you vape?

I vape.

Let me tell you about my jews.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

They are candy/baked goods flavored because everyone who vapes is a fat baby bitch.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Anise
Vanilla
uh- Sandalwood

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

tobacco flavored! has anyone thought of this?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Looks on the younger end of middle age to me too.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

next star wars movie taking a weird turn

VA-PR

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The concept of heating up organics and inhaling them may just be fundamentally flawed. hosed up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Snark posted:

The entire reason smoking makes you look cool is because tobacco companies have been pressing that image since advertisement became a thing. It worked, in violation of all sense.

What is inherently cool about a small stick that emits among the foulest of odors, stains the walls and your teeth, gives you the voice of cancer kermit- and cancer- while ensuring most people with a working nose want nothing to do with you or anything you've smoked enough around?

Hell, vaporizing could be made to look cool more easily and lack all of those drawbacks. The drat things already sound more like some retrofuturistic gun than the latest vice.

No. No it couldn't.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Funny how marketing supposedly made smoking cool when marketing is failing completely at making it not cool.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Yeah, like they gotta complicate that poo poo even more for cashiers.

.. and two packs of Camels, menthol, 100s, hard pack... and can I get one in "Smoking Harms Unborn Babies," and one in "Smoking Causes Blindness?":

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

WalMarts only sell cigarettes at a single register. Sometimes the line at that register will be significantly shorter than all the other lines, but don't be fooled. Actually at most of the actual grocery stores around here you have to buy them at the service desk, so it's not a big issue anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I drill several small holes into the top of an incandescent light bulb, fill it half way full of juice and screw it into a live socket.

• Locked thread