Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont "vape" tobacco or juice or whatever i have a nice little vaporizer that i use exclusively for weed wax and i am thankful that these ecigarette/vape dorks are everywhere because I can now easily use it openly pretty much anywhere without it attracting any attention whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

of course he does, it was his idea.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Lucky Guy posted:

why isn't this on youtube?

because its not true due to being physically/biologically impossible

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

while I don't think vaping makes anyone look particularly cool, I would say that if you are a goon and you are here posting about how vaping makes you look like a dork or whatever, you should post a picture of yourself doing an activity you enjoy, just for comparisons sake. I'm just curious.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

Society chose to marginalize and shame smokers because it is an annoying and obnoxious habit. Nobody really cares that smoking is bad for people or causes cancer.

lol what the gently caress are you talking about. smoking was incredibly popular until it was finally proven that yes, indeed, it does cause lung cancer and it took a huge amount of education and effort to get people to actually recognize that it is bad for you. only then did society chose to "marginalize and shame smokers". prior to that point, smoking was considered a social norm and in fact you were seen as kind of weird if you had a problem with it. even if you were a non-smoker it was considered polite to have some cigarettes on your desk or house to offer anyone who came in for a meeting or over for dinner. it was not at all considered an "annoying habit" by most of society until the dangers were really hammered home.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 9, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

The the golden age of hollywood convinced you that smoking was cool and good for you and always has been that way, because it was all funded by cigarette money. I'm thinking back further to when a classy gent used snuff.

it was way more pervasive than that. yes, of course hollywood played a role in making it look cool, but smoking was a very popular habit well before hollywood movies even existed - most people throughout the 20th century smoked simply because it was the normal thing to do and this was probably reinforced more by every day advertising than hollywood stars.

in any case, my point is that smoking being bad for you had everything to do with society deciding to marginalize it. before it was widely accepted that smoking was bad for you, only a very few people considered it an "obnoxious habit" and those people were the weirdos, not smokers.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SpaceAceJase posted:

I vape weed and i loving love me some dank nuggets.

Arizer air is a good vaporizer.

it is a bit too big imo.

i use the smallest model of g pen (just another g) which fits entirely in the palm of my hand. the downside is it only works with wax but wax is great anyway

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Nuts and Gum posted:

Why is vaping suddenly so popular? Did some new tech drive the cost down? Did weed vaping open the doors? Who is unleashing this retard phenomenon?

weed vaping has been around for way longer, though the technology used to be a bit cruder. I bought my first weed vaporizer in the 90's and it was nothing like the nice sleek pens and whatnot we have today, it was a glass sphere with a little hot plate inside that you would heat up to the right temperature and then there was a hose to inhale the vapor out of. not exactly portable since you had to plug it into the wall, but it definitely got you real high

this whole tobacco juice ecig vaping thing with the "rigs" and poo poo like that is completely different and seems to have spread everywhere at an insane speed. like I heard a little bit about ecigs online but rarely saw them anywhere, then all of a sudden there were "vape stores" everywhere. in the last two years ive seen them everywhere from the middle of Manhattan to stripmalls out in the middle of nowhere in Mississipi or Montana to small French and English villages. it seems like a big industry that sprung up practically overnight and its really weird.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Slugnoid posted:

My brother bought one to help him quit smoking. But also Australia has a massive tax on regular cigs so it winds up cheaper in the long run.

I'm in Australia now and I've seen way less people vaping than in the US or UK or France

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Imapanda posted:

you all smoking wrong

i know a bunch of quebecois who use a method of smoking hash where you cut a hole in a soda bottle then pick up a lil crumb of hash on the end of a lit cigarette then stick it in the soda bottle which fills up with a mix of both hash and tobacco smoke. then you take the cap off and inhale the whole thing at once. its good stuff

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

You mean bottle tokes? Has nothing to do with quebecois and there's practically no tobacco smoke if you do it right. It's more like a macguyver'd vape for high school kids.

Rule one is use a glass bottle, though.

well ive smoked weed for a long time with a lot of people from all over the place and the only people i know who do that are quebecois for some reason. it's got nothing at all to do with vaping though..

personally i like the tobacco smoke in there but then i usually roll spliffs anyway

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 15, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

The cherry of a cigarette isn't enough to combust the hash, so it vaporizes just like in those old fishbowl/soldering iron combos they sell in headshops for hundreds of dollars.

If you do it in a glass bottle then what little tobacco smoke and some of the harsher tasting stuff will condense to the glass, but if you were using plastic soda bottles it can be kind of nasty.

The whole point is to make smoke without fire.

I dunno man when I did it definitely looked like the hash was turning into smoke not vapor and it sure felt like smoke when inhaling it. it's a pretty noticeably difference imo I vape hash extract all the time now and it barely feels like anything, and those bottle hits felt like death. never tried it with a glass bottle though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

its the illusion of the "health" benefits that i find most entertaining, and deserving of ridicule. no smoker thinks this way, but if they did i would make fun of them as well.

actually smoking makes you look cool, and looking cool is healthy because it builds your self esteem

• Locked thread