Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

Tusen Takk posted:

No I know, I'm just saying we don't really know what VG/PG do in the lungs as of yet so until the CDC says that it's safe I wouldn't really say it is, even though it is noticeably less bad than tobacco

Most non-retard vapers agree and don't claim vaping to be safe, it is just less harmful than cigarettes

I smoked half a pack a day for 20 years, I quite smoking and starting vaping a year ago

You would probably never even know I vape because I am not a giant douche who needs to blow clouds in public and am actually respectful of those around me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years

gently caress da Mods posted:

I wanna start vapeing

How do I start (serious replies please )

You can get starter kits like the Kanger Evod that are decent and replacement coils for the tanks are pretty cheap

If you want to go a step up with something that will give you more control and better flavour there are some options I can recommend if you are interested

The started kits are fine to see if you will like it without spending a ton, but if you think you will be serious about it you will be upgrading at some point

Nightrain fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 8, 2016

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

double post

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

i'm in florida and vaper assholes are infrequent but definitely there, especially in and around hookah or kava bars. occasionally you see some little teen poo poo with one at the mall trying to look cool but that's about it.

i mean it's the same with fedora nerds, i don't see them often but when i do see them they're always hilarious and exactly in line with the stereotype.

That's why I avoid vape shops, they are usually douche magnets, plus you can get everything online cheaper anyway

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

Angela Christine posted:

Just buy it online from china. That's probably where the shop gets it from anyway. You just have to plan ahead a bit because the shipping is slow as hell. https://www.fasttech.com/category/3009/consumables-e-liquid?sort=p1&

(I'm not a vapist, but my mom tried it.)

If you're looking for cheap ejuice I would recommend vapewild.com

Decent juice, great prices (they usually throw in 2-3 10ml samples) and made in the US

I have nothing against Chinese juices, but I have heard they vary a lot quality wise

Fasttech is great for any kind of hardware, just make sure you read the reviews and discussions

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I'm not saying you aren't feeling any real effects, but there is something to be said about a placebo effect

When I first started vaping I was doing it discreetly at my desk at work for two weeks and no one in the office knew. After I told them every once and a while someone would be like "oh I can smell your vapor" but I wasn't doing anything different than before

None of them minded and supported it cause I wasn't smoking, but if they had asked me stop I would have and just gone outside

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

Germstore posted:

Lithium cell of unknown quality, some nichrome wire and unregulated chinese chemicals? Sure, I'll put that near my face and even inhale it!

The vast majority of vapors don't use any of the above, and even if you do use a regulated device with an internal rechargeable battery it was as much of a chance of exploding as your cell phone

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

Germstore posted:

Don't they use IMR batteries, which are a type of lithium ion battery?

That is correct that some do, but the majority of vape stores only sell brands that have been tested and proven and when using them with a regulated device the risks are extremely low

As mentioned when you are using a non regulated device (basically a battery with a fire button) you really have to know what you are doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

Why did he run towards the gas pumps?

• Locked thread