Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Whether it be because of your sexual orientation, your race, religion, or just in general, what's the worst city to date in(besides wherever I am)? Any interesting stories of bad dates or anything in that nature is welcomed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

guantanmo bay

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Atlanta, Georgia unless you're a homosexual african american

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I bet the dating scene in Damascus is pretty bleak.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

probably any of the ones in the Bay Area

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
A Midwest town of 7000 residents :smithicide:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
delaware

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

tfw you real sprung and you lookin to get busy tonight but you in isis controlled territory

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lubbock, tx

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

tfw you real sprung and you lookin to get busy tonight but you in isis controlled territory

yeah Iraqi Kurdistan is where the party's at

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
San Francisco was full of a bunch of cute girl nickles who acted like dimes because the city was full of a bunch of techy geek guys who had no social skills and were easily led on.

It was brutal to see, and I've never seen a city full of more large groups of dudes staring at girls from across the bar than SF. Oakland was decidedly more chill, those girls were down to smoke blunts, play shuffleboard, and fool around.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Everyone is fat and has blue hair now.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

mine apparently, for some reason no one is interested!!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

mine apparently, for some reason no one is interested!!

spoiler: that's not the city's fault

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

paging jastiger

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I dunno, philly maybe

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

The Bay Area just seems depressing to me. I picture loads of socially inept techie guys and legions of beleagured women playing surrogate mommy in the hopes of an indirect paycheck.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
fart city

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Horniest Manticore posted:

spoiler: that's not the city's fault

don't repeat my jokes back to me buster brown >:[[

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

The Bay Area just seems depressing to me. I picture loads of socially inept techie guys and legions of beleagured women playing surrogate mommy in the hopes of an indirect paycheck.

The best part is that the Bay Area has been a tech hub for so long that people with social skills have learned to code, so now it's even slimmer pickings for the more goony of guys. Hell same goes for jobs; used to be as long as you could do the job, you'd have a job within a week.

Now places have more options, so if you don't shower or insist on wearing ill-fitting jeans you're way more S.O.L than you used to be, because you don't fit in with the companies culture. (Which actually means you're a big weirdo and people don't want to be around you.)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sandusky, OH

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Benghazi

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Isn't New York herpes central?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
anywhere your mother aint because she's so lose lmbo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Y-Hat posted:

yes and no. South bay is an awful sausage fest (or a lot of the women are more cougar-esque age). East bay past caldecott/Tri-valley is also predominately like people 37-55. SF has also gotten a bit of a sausage fest but Oakland (& Berkeley but it's more student-y crowd) still has a lot of cool 20-30 single chicks (or guys if that's your thing) who're relatively down to earth and easy, without a lot of typical bay-bullshit. below is correct:

Tumble posted:

San Francisco was full of a bunch of cute girl nickles who acted like dimes because the city was full of a bunch of techy geek guys who had no social skills and were easily led on.

It was brutal to see, and I've never seen a city full of more large groups of dudes staring at girls from across the bar than SF. Oakland was decidedly more chill, those girls were down to smoke blunts, play shuffleboard, and fool around.
:agreed: basically just move to Oakland if you're single

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 7, 2016

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
tubby town

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

Oakland has always been better than sf, even pre techie invasion.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

what city does OP live in?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sez you :q:

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
pyongyang

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tumble posted:

The best part is that the Bay Area has been a tech hub for so long that people with social skills have learned to code, so now it's even slimmer pickings for the more goony of guys. Hell same goes for jobs; used to be as long as you could do the job, you'd have a job within a week.

Now places have more options, so if you don't shower or insist on wearing ill-fitting jeans you're way more S.O.L than you used to be, because you don't fit in with the companies culture. (Which actually means you're a big weirdo and people don't want to be around you.)

True, although I think about how cultish and arbitrary tech culture can be and I don't feel sympathy for anyone there. I'm grateful that they export internet poo poo or whatever though. That stuff is p. nifty.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Oakland has always been better than sf, even pre techie invasion.

Yea, whenever I was lonely I'd head to Oakland bars and talk to girls. It's crazy how much more willing they were to go out on a date than SF girls; it was like Oakland girls were more "Hmm I wonder what this guys about!", while SF girls were like "No way will this guy be worth dating."

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Centralia, PA

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Western Pennsylvania women will make you wish you were as gay as Liberace.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
The gender ratio in downtown SF is super hosed up, which is the actual cause of the dating scene being a bit lovely rather than there being something unique to SF women. If you go to grab a drink after work, the male:female will generally be around 4:1. It's goofy as gently caress

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gaunab posted:

Whether it be because of your sexual orientation, your race, religion, or just in general, what's the worst city to date in(besides wherever I am)? Any interesting stories of bad dates or anything in that nature is welcomed too.

Before I can answer, I need to know what city you live in.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Whatev posted:

The gender ratio in downtown SF is super hosed up, which is the actual cause of the dating scene being a bit lovely rather than there being something unique to SF women. If you go to grab a drink after work, the male:female will generally be around 4:1. It's goofy as gently caress

A lot of that is rent is crazy and you could get into a whole discussion about women in stem but basically they don't work the high-paying fields (maybe at best they'll be a receptionist/hr/"marketing" at airbnb or something). Baristas, artists, waitresses or whateve can't possible afford it, so usually they live in like Oakland/Berkeley or something instead. If they do live in SF, it's usually because they're living with a significant other splitting rent already and not single. A lot of women in SF actually just come from east bay anyways

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Xaris posted:

A lot of that is rent is crazy and you could get into a whole discussion about women in stem but basically they don't work the high-paying fields (maybe at best they'll be a receptionist/hr/"marketing" at airbnb or something). Baristas, artists, waitresses or whateve can't possible afford it, so usually they live in like Oakland/Berkeley or something instead. If they do live in SF, it's usually because they're living with a significant other splitting rent already and not single. A lot of women in SF actually just come from east bay anyways
The rent is so psychotically high in SF that it barely warrants mention as a social ill because everybody already knows its hosed and ruins everything

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Tech seriously hosed SF up; I remember having waiter and cook friends who would get coked to the gills after work and hammer on my doorbell until I woke up to drink with them at 3am. They had a sketchy loft held together with plywood, located in a sketchy area, and usually filled with random sketchy people.

You don't get that level of seedy from the rent-payers anymore, and that's a legit shame and part of the reason I left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I dunno guys, the rent, work and dating situation for professional guys in San Francisco sounds pretty rough, but on the other hand this is Homs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoRdCbDd50o

• Locked thread