Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm watching an episode and bart is in a bus station with a pregnant woman he's thinking about marrying? have they forgotten he is supposed to be 10 years old? what happened to this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Simpsons did it

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Frog Act posted:

i'm watching an episode and bart is in a bus station with a pregnant woman he's thinking about marrying? have they forgotten he is supposed to be 10 years old? what happened to this show

it wasn't allowed to die, as the zombie simpsons theory goes

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
bart came out as gay in season 30 what the gently caress are you talking about

naem
May 29, 2011

Everyone involved in the show is a billionaire and has lost touch with humanity since about 1999

Aug 4, 2010

treehouse of horror is some of the best tv ever created

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

bart: "I was feeling excited about being a dad"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bart's always had a thing for the older ladies. There was his babysitter, crababble, and I'm sure a few more in there.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

bart has been preyed on by many pedophiles

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to a q&A with Groening a few years back and he was a total rear end in a top hat. Was like $30 too. I recall leaving early because all he wanted to do was talk to his lady friend on stage, and 99% of the questions weren't even about his cartoons because the employees filtered them out, he was just an ashore no matter what.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
In 5 years every episode is just going to be Bart banging a new kind of lady at the bus station

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Remember when Marge got fake tits lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Bart's always had a thing for the older ladies. There was his babysitter, crababble, and I'm sure a few more in there.

Yup.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

I went to a q&A with Groening a few years back and he was a total rear end in a top hat. Was like $30 too. I recall leaving early because all he wanted to do was talk to his lady friend on stage, and 99% of the questions weren't even about his cartoons because the employees filtered them out, he was just an ashore no matter what.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
remember that episode back before the show sucked where it jumped ahead to the future and the kids are grown up, lisa is really successful and getting married and bart is a total deadbeat loser and etc.

how good would the show be if that's was like a current episode instead of a one off gimmick because they aren't trapped in some timeless hell and the kids aged and homer got old instead of turning into peter griffin and it was still a kinda realistic funny portrayal of life.

I guess that'd have required a lot more skill and work and stuff and it's easier to just barf out this garbage week after week.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jokes on you if you watch the Simpsons for any reason in TYOOL 2010.

Wait, someone tried to watch it in 2016? That poor bastard.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i cant wait to see what a show looks like 25 years after it ran out of ideas lol

the simpsons are going to mars!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
In 5 years every new episode of the simpson is just going to be Homer fitting a bigger piece of fruit into his anus while Marge hoots and howls and Ned goes diddily.

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

i cant wait to see what a show looks like 25 years after it ran out of ideas lol

Instead of other shows regurgitating The Simpsons, it will be regurgitating itself. Human Centipede Simpsons style

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Mr. Unlucky posted:

they were kidnapped by aliens and taken to a be planet to be in a zoo or something once (non treehouse episode)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Unlucky posted:

remember that episode back before the show sucked where it jumped ahead to the future and the kids are grown up, lisa is really successful and getting married and bart is a total deadbeat loser and etc.

how good would the show be if that's was like a current episode instead of a one off gimmick because they aren't trapped in some timeless hell and the kids aged and homer got old instead of turning into peter griffin and it was still a kinda realistic funny portrayal of life.

I guess that'd have required a lot more skill and work and stuff and it's easier to just barf out this garbage week after week.

All the good writers ran off in seasons 7-10 iirc

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
In 5 years every new episode of the simpsons is going to be Bart painfully spraypainting a QR code on the side of the school and then just standing there and when you scan the QR code on your phone, its calls a number where an old gypsy tells you the date + time of your death.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I will watch the Simpsons again when Min. Program is head writer

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Lisa writes a YA best seller and buys a condo and fills it with love letters to a certain "unbeliebable" teen idol, but the piles of letters fall on and suffocate Maggie. Meanwhile, Homer takes Bart sniping in his newly bought van, murdering innocents in a 150 mile radius for months.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
every year all the characters become more suicidal. There are so many references, I just expect the next episode to be a mass suicide.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Next Treehouse is gonna have a really blunt and repellent damaged-by-incest theme

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Minimalist Program posted:

Lisa writes a YA best seller and buys a condo and fills it with love letters to a certain "unbeliebable" teen idol, but the piles of letters fall on and suffocate Maggie. Meanwhile, Homer takes Bart sniping in his newly bought van, murdering innocents in a 150 mile radius for months.
Nice throwback to 2002.

I honestly wish more shows were like that or had actual alternate realities where things just worked differently and various things that run counter to our society/reality were just accepted and not highlighted. Like, if in your example Marge just thought it was peachy and someone teased Bart about doing that thing with his dad not because it was awful but because he was doing something with his dad. Or if wiggum pulled them over while they were doing it and fined him for missing a decal on his front license plate. And a big part of the episode focused on how mad homer was about that fine for the license plate decal.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 7, 2016

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Police chief Wiggum buys a high tehc crime-fighting weather baloon from professor Frink that puts Lou out of a job. Meanwhile, Homer invents a device that turns all streets into huge, bleeding wounds criss-crossing the country, literally leaving the nation in indescribable pain for the first time. Bart gets a dog.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Principle Skinner gets a welder's license and promptly welds four cars together to enter into an extreme desert rally to win the heart of the new substitute teacher ("it's hot out there, man", says Bart, to which Skinner replies "Ah yes Bart, but she is hotter"). Halfway through the build, two masked perps break into the garage and assault Skinner and beat him severely, severing his spine at the 5th vertebrae.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
90.000 small, spike-like unmanned aerial vehicles descend on the town of springfield and fly into the urethra of every man, woman and child except Lenny, who is swiftly designated town pisser.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Is Marge still secretly hiding Chekov's Gun, or did they finally have her use it to kill someone?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
What appears to be a massive, hideous sea monster tearing down the nuclear power plant turns out to be me actually having switched the TV source to video-in and its playing home footage of my wife giving birth.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Professor Frink accidentally releases an experimental gas that leaves the entire springfield population unable to speak, save for the word 'friend of the family' and, of course, Lisa's big spelling bee is coming up.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Thin Privilege posted:

Possibly because he barely knows anything about his own cartoons. He only contributed heavily to like, season 1 and 2? and has been checked out since like season 7.

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015

ay caramba!

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

In 5 years every new episode of the simpsons is going to be Bart painfully spraypainting a QR code on the side of the school and then just standing there and when you scan the QR code on your phone, its calls a number where an old gypsy tells you about consumer products you might like

ftfy

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

In 5 years every new episode of the simpson is just going to be Homer fitting a bigger piece of fruit into his anus while Marge hoots and howls and Ned goes diddily.

sounds like an improvement to me. hopefully Simpsons writers somehow see GBS and steal this idea

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
The show is still good

• Locked thread