Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
Man that oscarssowhite campaign really was going after the wrong targets given that the academy wants to send stars to an apartheid state.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/05/inside-the-absurd-200k-oscar-gift-bag-vapes-a-trip-to-israel-and-a-vampire-breast-lift.html

quote:

“Everyone wins” at this year’s Academy Awards, according to Distinctive Assets, the company in charge of putting together the luxurious gift bags for nominees. So while only a handful of stars will receive Oscars this year, each nominee will go home with a record-setting $200,000 worth of swag.

As the group’s press release announces, the bag this year is “once again a blend of fabulous, fun and functional items meant to thrill and pamper those who may have everything money can buy but still savor the simple joy of a gift.”

So what will likely Oscar losers like Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, and Jennifer Lawrence be taking home with them as consolation prizes?

A 10-day, first-class trip to Israel ($55,000)
• A year’s worth of unlimited Audi car rentals from Silvercar ($45,000)
• A 15-day walking tour of Japan ($45,000)
• 3 private training sessions with “celebrity wellness expert” and star of ABC’s My Diet Is Better Than Yours, Jay Cardiello ($1,400)
• Ultherapy—a laser skin-tightening procedure courtesy of 740 Park MD ($5,530)
• A Lifetime supply of skin creams from Lizora ($31,200)
• A Fit Club TV “Ultimate Fitness Package” in a private villa ($6,250)
• A Haze Dual V3 Vaporizer valued at $249.99 (At least Leonardo DiCaprio will be happy)

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The most bizarre item on the list clocks in at $1,900 and is something we are apparently referring to as a “Vampire Breast Lift.” What is a Vampire Breast Lift, you ask?

Featured by Cosmopolitan, the new secret “must have” in Hollywood is the Vampire Breast Lift procedure which uses blood-derived growth factors to revive rounder cleavage without implants. Women can now also soften implant scars and irregularities (and restore sensation). Using technology used by plastic surgeons for years to help correct post-mastectomy scarring and to heal wounds, the Vampire Breast Lift procedure uses a woman’s own blood to improve appearance. Designed for zero downtime by Charles Runels, MD - the same physician who invented the Vampire Facelift.

Good to know.

Notably, the bags are only given to nominees in the main acting and directing categories, assuring that the sponsored items will only be given to the most famous people at the ceremony. Don’t think for a second that anyone who spent their life savings on a nominated Best Documentary Short is going home with a $5,000 home spa system.

In this year of #OscarsSoWhite and #FeelTheBern, there is something even more unsavory than usual about this shameless attempt to shower excessive wealth on the excessively wealthy.

When companies feel the need to pay off celebrities who “have everything money can buy,” then really, no one wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

the rich get richer

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
how can you say the oscars are racist if nobody actually cares about the oscars

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Lol gonna take longer than that to walk to Japan nice try rich people

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Who the hell would want to visit a third world country like Isreal as a vacation?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

and everybody gets a spider ring

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Aw man I posted in the dumb Israel thread

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
jews control the media so its no surprise the trip is to israel

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Do you mean Japan, OP?
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2015/11/01/issues/tackle-embedded-racism-chokes-japan/#.VreH5GQgGc1

Or is the sterilisation comment about the good old US of A?
http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/health-info/forced-sterilization/

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
yeah yeah gbs hates Israel we got it

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

The Dregs posted:

yeah yeah gbs hates Israel we got it

But we're pretty alright with Jews. :shobon:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

into the sea.. off longbeach

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nauta posted:

jews control the media so its no surprise the trip is to israel

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
A 10 day third-class trip to syria

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

lol I knew it was Israel immediately

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Chris Rock is drinking very heavily this week.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i bet i could do a walking trip of Japan for cheaper than 45k. seems like one lovely gift bag to me.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A walking tour of Japan sounds like a tour of that living room nobody goes in because you can't touch anything.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Ilustforponydeath posted:

A 10 day third-class trip to syria

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Volume posted:

Who the hell would want to visit a third world country like Isreal as a vacation?

Every country is a third world country now.

Aug 4, 2010

doesnt cost 45 grand to go walking in japan for 15 days

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

www posted:

doesnt cost 45 grand to go walking in japan for 15 days

It does when you are carried around on a sedan.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
better visit while it's still there

my two cents

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
so pretty much they get a vaporizer and a bunch of coupons for dumb poo poo that they will never redeem

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

your defense of israel is that it is only as racist as two other incredibly racist countries. and yet, even though they are racist as all get out neither japan nor the us currently have miscegenation and eugenics policies at the moment.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
also lol at vacationing in Israel, yeah that sounds like a lot of fun. whole lot of cool people having fun there lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Why the gently caress would you sterilize women instead of just helping them with birth control I mean gently caress. When were condoms invented???

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
This gift bag is the world's most expensively-tiered "rewards package" at a timeshare resort.

Like how much poo poo do you gotta sign away to get the spa village package?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Why the gently caress would you sterilize women instead of just helping them with birth control I mean gently caress. When were condoms invented???

Ahh see your mistake here is in thinking that Israels intention was to help them.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
some people make 30k a year to live on and they get that much skin cream as an afterthought lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Israel or nazi germany?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Haven't the oscars overrepresented black people as far as population stats go? I recall seeing a chart somewhere and while some minorities were notably left out african americans were actually a bit higher than census demographics would suggest.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Haven't the oscars overrepresented black people as far as population stats go? I recall seeing a chart somewhere and while some minorities were notably left out african americans were actually a bit higher than census demographics would suggest.

So?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Mr. Unlucky posted:

some people make 30k a year to live on and they get that much skin cream as an afterthought lol

it's a vicious cycle because good luck getting any respectable job without skin as taut and supple as a newborn's bum

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

:goonsay:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Your mom should really stop giving out those two for one specials.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Israel's a pretty nice place, I've been there.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Who wants to come along with me and steal the loot, and replace it instead with leaked celebrity nudes?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jim Barris posted:

Ahh see your mistake here is in thinking that Israels intention was to help them.

I was referencing the article about us policy in Puerto Rico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

my dick ($4.75)

• Locked thread