Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
For example perhaps you like to call out awkward situations with a "danger zone!!" like in Archer, or say "Lisa needs braces" if anyone mentions their employer's dental plan?

What ones do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
whenever i go to mcdonalds i tell em "i'd buy that for a dollar!" and they have to explain to me that the mcdouble isnt $1 anymore despite being on the so-called "Dollar" menu.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

instead of saying goodbye i walk away, turn, and go 'oh...and may the force be with you'

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i try to say the n-word at work around my coworkers at least once a day

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i come home from a job i hate and watch tv, sort of like al bundy i guess. :shrug:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Most people are aware of pop culture references. That's what defines them as such. This thread is as boring as going to the library.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
sometimes I'll sarcastically tell someone 'I'd buy that for a dollar' when they show me something retarded that they just bought but even though I'd assume people most people have seen robocop it has gone by unnoticed many times. Maybe i need to sell it a bit more.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
When something goes wrong at work, I always tell that person, "turn mistakes into miracles "

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

One time a "masseuse" asked me if I was a cop and I replied, "Nah, nah, I just have short hair" from the Wes Anderson blockbuster Bottle Rocket.

https://youtu.be/v509eeeHx1w

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i open doors to random rooms and tell the occupants "i just want to tell you good luck. we're all counting on you." and then leave

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

i open doors to random rooms and tell the occupants "i just want to tell you good luck. we're all counting on you." and then leave

This is dope. I hope you really do do this. I might start doing it, it's awesome.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Jim Barris posted:

This is dope. I hope you really do do this. I might start doing it, it's awesome.

Jim, do you like movies about gladiators?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I talk about ALF constantly.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

autoaim.cfg posted:

Jim, do you like movies about gladiators?
I've gotta say yes and that includes future dystopian gladiators ala running man AND the traditional roman style.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dreezy posted:

whenever i go to mcdonalds i tell em "i'd buy that for a dollar!" and they have to explain to me that the mcdouble isnt $1 anymore despite being on the so-called "Dollar" menu.

It was a better time when the McDouble was on the dollar menu and you happened to be in a state with no sales tax

Sandusky Kenshin
Jan 24, 2016

Whenever I meet someone from Baltimore I repeatedly ask them if they've watched The Wire.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bob James posted:

I talk about ALF constantly.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Most people are aware of pop culture references. That's what defines them as such. This thread is as boring as going to the library.

The library is fun though!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i talk about the backstory of logh as though it was real history and no one knows the difference

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

les fleurs du mall posted:

The library is fun though!

It is indeed. This thread is fun.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I talk about wanting to try "fancy tuna" sometimes when we get sushi. if anyone gets this reference you are probably as terrible and gay as me, it's a great filter.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whenever someone asks "are you x?" i like to reply "no i'm a night watchman" because of the vaudeville duo Smith and Dale:

quote:

SMITH: I can't sleep at night. I walk around all night.
DALE: Ah! You're a somnambulist!
SMITH: No, I'm a night watchman.

all the other Gen Zers know 1920s vaudeville acts so i'm incredibly hip

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Lots of catchphrases from the hit TV show Big Bang Theory :coolfish:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
yeah, rip

I just say that upon hearing any news, good or bad

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
if it bleeds we can kill it

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

VectorSigma posted:

this but with bathroom stalls at the office

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Barris posted:

sometimes I'll sarcastically tell someone 'I'd buy that for a dollar' when they show me something retarded that they just bought but even though I'd assume people most people have seen robocop it has gone by unnoticed many times. Maybe i need to sell it a bit more.

nice av you barf bag

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm told I quote George Castanza more than I realize

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i unintentionally say "dangit!" exactly like hank hill

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like to reference the memes I remember from 2007-8. I'm charging my laser! Haha

X for the X God is a good one too. Or throne.

Stuff I saw on ytmnd around that time too. Darth Vader saying noooooooooo, I believe you have my stapler. Man what times those were.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Hitler's rant from the end of Der Untergang, where I hold up my own series of cards like Bob Dylan in Don't Look Back to act as contextually-relevant subtitles for around 3 minutes of sustained anger, frustration, and eventual capitulation to the situation I find myself in.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
*tugs collar uncomfortably*

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

amityville anus posted:

i try to say the n-word at work around my coworkers at least once a day

not sure what show you are referencing here

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
sweet sassy molassy " - sipping the first cup of coffee

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ben Murphy posted:

not sure what show you are referencing here

Kunta Kinte!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Does the bible count?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Instead of "goodbye" I say "Be seeing you" and give the pennyfarthing salute from The Prisoner.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I say a lot of big Lebowski references all the time. "Watch it man there's a beverage here!" "That's just like, your opinion man."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Whenever I receive an answer I don't like, I sob "that's not true, that's impossible!" in my best Mark Hamill impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
BAZINGA!

• Locked thread