Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Brianna Antinea

"Are you about done Fire-Stone?"

With a scowl Brianna turns around to face Jormund. "This is not about a lack of trust or gratitude, and least of all extortion. This is a matter of undoing what is wrong in these lands. You claim to speak for the few dwarves here? Then let me speak for the scores of humans who at this very moment suffer under the traitor Lyone's command, and are slowly being bartered away to the vile snakes in exchange for shards just like that one. Those gems are the tools of tyrants, fit only to do evil, and anathema to anyone who stands against their oppressors. They should not exist and I thought even you were able to see that. I can't help but wonder if you would've agreed with me if it instead had been dwarven lives that were sacrificed for that shard..." She keeps her eyes steeled on the dwarf for a moment before turning back to the Anura.

"Garuum, I meant every word that I said. You have been very helpful and after we have rooted out Lyone I will gladly help you. But please, give me that shard so that it can be dealt with."

Persuasion (Repentant Knight + Cha): 1d20+5+3+3 23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Things were getting heated, but Lilith didn't trust herself to de-escalate things. Her immediate instinct would be to offer some sort of payment for the sliver, but experience had also taught her that it could also come off as rather ill-mannered. Her father and brothers had always been better at this sort of thing.

The bigger issue was that Lilith still had no idea what exactly the blood gems were, and considering Brianna's request, she couldn't exactly ask Garuum. Of course, even as she thought that, she also remembered that the former chieftain had previously read her thoughts, and if he noticed her own line of thinking, it might undermine their negotiating position.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

"My my my. This is quite the sorry display," Garuum clucks at the group. "You lot are clearly in need of some rest-" He glances at Lilith and grins. "Perhaps a story? It may help shed some light on the delicate situation that you've happened to stumble upon here in the Glades. Of course, given your situation I'll do my best to give you the abridged version. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your further heroics." The chieftain winks at Jormund.

"To begin with, when I called this shard 'The Blood of Iskaranura' I was speaking literally. Years past, before the Dragons had formed their Council, this forest was the domain of a great, green dragon by the name of- that's right- Iskaranura. The snakelike Iskar and the froglike Anura were once one people, the more traditional dragonspawn you may be familiar with. One day, Iskaranura's domain was darkened by the appearance of another dragon- a powerful red. The red dragon fought Iskaranura, and though she was ultimately victorious the wounds the red dragon inflicted would prove to be mortal. With their progenitor wyrm dying, her spawn became desperate for a solution. Their greatest shaman had a vision of a Dark and powerful Figure from a distant land- a human with otherworldly powers. They sought the man in secret, and he restored Iskaranura to life.

"Or well, something resembling it. Iskaranura's body was corrupted by the human's demonic magic. Her heart stopped beating long ago, but her spirit remains trapped within her bloodied corpse. All higher cognition left her long ago- now she knows only hunger for the souls of other beings. This shard of her coagulated blood still holds a fragment of that hunger and can be used for many purposes- most that you would consider quite evil, Miss Antinea. Yet, this small shard is but a trifling matter. The power is diminished with size and there's an entire dragon's worth of blood yet remaining."

He shrugs. "Yet, if it will assuage your fears I would be happy to provide a compromise." Holding the shard of blood between his thumb and forefinger, Garuum begins to squeeze the blood gem until it cracks, and finally shatters. "If you would like, we may split the fragments between ourselves, but in this state I doubt they would be of much use for anything."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Jormund Fire-Stone / Magnus Magnusson XXXI

Brianna gets the most blasé look Jormund can manage.

"I wouldn't know - ever. On account of how you'll never see such a situation with dwarves."

He turns back to the frogman!

"Aye, shattering it works well enough. Not surprised regarding this demonic human magic, mind you. Dwarven magic, that can be trusted. Any other kind, no thank you sir. Now, this big undead spirit dragon thing. Evil, I'm assuming? A bit above our pay grade for now. But dwarves have a sense for adventure, my clan especially, and this feels like the sort of thing we'll get swept up into sooner or later. Any advice regarding this Iskaranura other then 'avoid at all costs?' Re-killing it - would that be considered justified, holy, regretful but understandable, or outright blasphemous?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud rolls his eyes. He'd shrug, but...
"Fire-Stone is right. Those slivers were never going to account for much, and clearly this thing isn't solely from human sacrifice. Being upset about it won't bring them back regardless.

However! Let's not lose sight of our goals here. Step one is removing at least one threat, those fake deserters squatting nearby. Then we'll have a bit of manpower and can see about these snake people and their dead dragon."
Firgud frowns. Demon magic wasn't good for anyone, and more often than not Firgud led armies to clean up the mess afterwards rather than any true opposition. This needed stomping, certainly... but only after these deserters were taken care of.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Seeing how utterly futile it was trying to communicate with Jormund Brianna faces the more reasonable dwarf. "You're right, Firgud. That shard does not solely exist due to human sacrifice, nor just because of whatever other souls have been devoured by Iskaranura, but also because of the figure's very own demonic magic. If that's not cause for anger then I don't know what is. But I haven't lost sight of what we're doing here. The shard has been dealt with and we are armed with Garuum's information, it's time we moved on."

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Edit: Might have been a bit premature with this post. See the OOC thread here

With little left to do, Garuum bids the party farewell. Of course, once everyone's gathered their things the anura chieftain approaches, perched upon the back of his enormous reptilian mount like a rotund fowl. "It's a good thing that you declined my offer to lend you Chamkuruu- I would have hated to walk," he chuckles. "That is, if you don't mind me accompanying you." With Garuum and Tumerlin in tow, the party leaves the swampland behind them and enters the plains, setting up a quick camp that allows everyone to dry off and catch a few hours of sleep.

The sun rises all too early, and while everyone's a far cry from being well rested, they're at least ready to march and to fight. The forest quickly grows dense with vegetation as the party heads south towards the deserter's main fortress. Luckily, with a single wave of his serpent-headed staff Garuum is able to bend the underbrush out of the way, creating a path for the group as they move through the forest. "Iskaranura holds sway over this land," he explains. "If you've ever felt a sense of foreboding as you've crossed through the forest, that was likely her work. Her magic grows weaker and easier to manipulate the farther you get from her corpse, deep in the heart of the Glades. I'm sure any accomplished spell-caster could do the same."

With Garuum clearing the way, the party makes excellent time on their way towards the main fortress. Rocky walls and outcroppings start appearing, their surfaces covered with worn and faded symbols. One symbol in particular seems the most common- an image of a frog's head surrounded by a ring of snakes radiating out from it, almost like a sun. "We should be getting close," Garuum remarks. "If your deserters are holed up in the same temple I think they are, then they should have a pretty good line of sight through the forest. If we get too close they might see us- unless that's what you're aiming to do, of course." Through the shadows of the trees, the outline of a larger building can be seen.

If you'd like to make any further preparations before reaching the deserter's main fortress, make them now.

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 7, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud glares at the fortress in the distance. Lumm and a few archers shuffled nervously behind. They were probably worried about how many of their brothers they would be fighting today.
"Looks pretty fortified. We'd want ladders and such for a straight out attack. But that's not totally necessary, is it?"

Firgud looks at Lumm.
"Since Petrine was picking you lot off while out of the fort, it suggests Lyon's trying to keep his two faced intentions hidden. Probably the spell won't hold if its too obvious. Means that if you humans take the front and center entrance claiming parley, they're not likely to attack outright.

"Well, Brianna. These lot respect you. Looks like you're the point of the spear. We'll tag along a little behind. Fortunate we got so many human types, eh?"

Firgud nods at one of the archers.
"Keep me in your pack till things get feisty, lad. Think I'd raise more questions than anything else. Hell, you could always pull me out and say I'm a trophy."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Let's say that Lumm and whoever was able and willing in the hunting camp came to meet us here, after hopefully managing to intercept Lyone's daily rock pigeon messengers.

Brianna nods at Firgud, walks out in front and turns around to face everyone. "Let me state the obvious, from the outset this is a fight that we cannot hope to win. We are outnumbered almost ten to one and our opposition is fortified in a superior defensive position. Even so there's not a shred of doubt in my heart when I say that we will stand victorious before this day is over. The traitor Lyone will fall, and his own success will be his downfall.

"Lyone and his cadre are loyal to the throne, but they have surrounded themselves with deserters and rebels, principled men and women who risked everything by coming here. They will not take his betrayal lightly. When we make them see the truth, Lyone will find himself trapped by the very people he ensnared.

"It will certainly not be an easy task, Lyone was a brilliant Captain in the Peridian army and his soldiers respected him greatly. We need overwhelming evidence and even then he is sure to have a plan to fall back on. But we are well prepared. We have sealed and signed documents proving him to be a loyalist. We have ways to break the demonic magic of the Iskar that he uses to keep the deserters under his control. And we have you, who have borne witness to his betrayal first hand.

"Today we eject the High King and his puppets from these lands. We will make him taste defeat and show him that the Eternal Glades will not bow to his oppression. That his authority does not, and never will, reach these lands." She turns around, facing the large building ahead. "Onward, to victory!"

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Garuum's path-making attracts attention, and luckily its the good sort. One of Lumm's archers shouts a greeting, having spotting the moving vegetation while on scouting duty, and before long the party has met up with the bald-headed Sergeant. His forces aren't much, having had to scrounge together those who were uninjured from Petrine's attack, but he makes his intentions known quickly.

"If push comes to shove the best my soldiers can hope for is to provide backup and covering fire for you lot. By the way, we caught one of Lyone's messengers, but well.. I figured having an up-to-date message from Lyone would be worth breaking the seal. After reading it over, I think I was right, but see for yourselves." The roll of paper he hands over is written in Peridian military code and Brianna instantly recognizes it. It reads:

Dwarves still in region. Cpl gone quiet. No word from H.Camp. Fear the worst. Have stolen large piece of red stone. Relations with Iskar have broken down as a result. Have 1 hostage- Iskar. Escape route ready. Plan to leave later today with others. Will deliver stone in person. Long live the King. -L

"If we're gonna make our move we need to do it soon. It sounds like Lyone is getting suspicious and he's ready to pack his bags. Dunno what he means by 'escape route' though. Getting from here to the nearest Peridian outpost would take days, and I don't think they've got someone who can teleport them there."

Lumm's soldiers gather around Brianna as she speaks, their eyes shining with a collective sense of purpose. At her conclusion, they raise their hands and give a muffled cheer. They've brought with them several sets of of the shabby armor they'd been wearing. "I figure you two might want some disguises." Lumm nods at Lilith and Maeve. "We've even got a set for your bony friend there, though I suspect you'll want one of the cloaks for him, too." Jormund, Magnus, and Tumerlin are provided with long, hooded cloaks and some hastily-fashioned stilts. "Stick near the middle of the group and we ought to be able to get you inside the fort without too much trouble." At Firgud's suggestion, one of the soldiers sets Firgud in a sling-pouch on his back, which ought to keep him safe for the time being.

"I don't think there's any point in disguising me," Garuum points out, noting his distinctly non-humanoid appearance. "Why don't I stick near the rear of things? That way I can cover your escape and stay out of harms way. Not that you'll need to retreat, that is. I'm sure Captain Lyone will be so moved that he'll surrender right then and there," The Anura chieftain finishes with a sarcastic chuckle.

---

The entourage makes their way to the fortress, with Lumm, Brianna, and the other deserters up front. Lilith, Maeve, and the Skeleton are near the back of the group. The dwarves, in their disguises, stay near the middle. Chieftain Garuum stays a healthy distance away, atop his mount. The temple that the fortress is built out of has long since fallen into disrepair, yet even in ruins it's clear what an enormous building it once was. "This used to be the home of Iskaranura's dragonspawn," Garuum explains. "At the height of her power, this temple was home to over ten thousand individuals. Rather impressive, wouldn't you say?"

Ancient stonework gives way to more recent wooden structures as you approach the the center of the temple, and the location where Lyone's deserters have taken up residence. A palisade has been constructed around a stone archway, with sentries patrolling from above. One of the sentries calls out to the group as you grow closer, his bow at the ready.

"Halt! Know that my aim is steady and my bow-arm strong! Identify yourselves or you'll have arrows through your heart before it can-" The red-haired young man takes a closer look at the group. "Sarge? What the hell are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the forward camp?" Lumm gives a sigh of relief and exchanges a look with Brianna before answering the young man. "Stand down, Loches. We've uh.. got some important news to share. Go fetch Lyone."

It doesn't take long before you're led through the archway and into the fortress proper. It's obvious that the deserters have been here for some time- they've already constructed several buildings within the stone walls of the former temple. There are several long tables where some deserters are still eating breakfast, along with a set of barracks. At the far end is a large stone staircase in a semi-circle that leads up to what looks like a small arena.

Standing atop those stairs is none other than Albrecht Lyone, mastermind and former Captain of the Peridian Army. He's accompanied by the archer, Ray Keenes, as well as a small group of shifty-looking soldiers that wear outfits reminiscent of the Assassins you encountered earlier. The other man, Voss Nambrie, is nowhere to be found. Keenes is quiet, and he shoots suspicious glares at the hooded dwarves as they enter his field of view. Lyone on the other hand merely looks bored. Both men are armed- Lyone has a slender rapier while Keenes has a bow and a full quiver of arrows, as well as a scabbard that appears to be of dwarven-make. Jormund's blood boils at the sight of Karavarn's Blade sheathed at one-eyed man's side.

Your arrival has quickly made quite a stir throughout the camp, and before long deserters leave their posts on the palisade and abandon their breakfasts as they gather around the two groups with confused and curious looks on their faces. Their murmurs are quieted by the sound of Lyone's boots hitting the stone stairs as he descends.

"Brianna Antinea! My goodness, you're just about the last person I'd have expected to see out here," he exclaims, his tone friendly and conversational. "And Rennet Lumm as well- this is a surprise. Now then, what's all this about?"

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 12, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

So there he stands, the liar, acting as if he hadn't sold his soul to demons and tyrants alike. How dare he.

"Albrecht Lyone," Brianna replies coldly and loud enough for everyone to hear. She had no intentions of playing games with the man, she wished to strip away his façade and expose the pitiful man hiding underneath without delay. "This is about what I have learned in the scant few days since I arrived in these lands." She scans the room, looking at the gathered deserters. "I cannot overstate how glad I am that so many brave soldiers heeded your call to stand against the tyrant king and his murderous puppets." She fixes her eyes on Lyone. "But I'm furious that you turned out to be one of the latter, and worse still."

She points a damning finger at him and her voice heats up with anger. "If the distant gods can hear me may they strike me down if I come bearing falsehood. Lyone is a loyalist dog, and his intention was never to bring you here to live a life in peace. He has used you to kill the dwarves, he has used you to kill each other, and he has piece by piece traded your souls away to the Iskar dragonspawn for slivers of demonic artifacts. Sergeant Lumm and his men can testify to the truth of my words, but I have also brought undeniable proof." She holds up the message for everyone to see and beckons the sentry who first spotted the party over. "You are Jeraldo Loches, yes? With demonic magic your brother Creighton and several other men were tricked into attacking the dwarven base camp. Leading them was none other than Sergeant Wells, the very person who notified the Peridian command of your desertion. The blade hanging at my side I took from her dead body. My companions and I rushed in to stop the assault, but not before the camp had been set on fire and many innocent lives had been lost. Don't worry, Creighton is still alive and safe, recovering from his wounds. Read this letter aloud for me, it's written in standard code. It was carried by Lyone's messenger pigeons that Lumm's archers managed to intercept this morning."

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith wasn't a great actor, but she looked human and all she really had to do was seem soldier-like. Fortunately, she'd spent enough time around them recently to know the drill - look surly and short on sleep, and the rest would take care of itself. Of course, the disguise question became moot as Brianna threw down the gauntlet. While Lilith had every reason to trust in the knight's judgement, they were in the middle of what might turn out to be an enemy encampment. She glanced at the barracks - while most of the camp was witnessing their arrival, no doubt some were still sleeping off the night watch. With a quiet murmur and some concealed hand gestures (it was easy to notice with Brianna declaiming in the courtyard), she sealed both barrack doors with an arcane lock. If the camp turned on them, it would prevent re-enforcements, and if things ended peacefully, it could be undone with little more than a thought. Perhaps it was not the most gallant thing to distrust the soldiers before she'd even met them, but sometimes prudence had to override chivalry.

Using my Utility slot for two casts of Hold Portal on the barracks. Any adventurer tier foes can't get through the door.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 13, 2016

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

As Brianna accuses Lyone of wrongdoing Keenes growls and steps forward, unsheathing Karavarn's blade with a hum of dwarven magic, but Lyone reaches out and puts his hand on the one-eyed man's shoulder, roughly pulling him back like a dog on a leash. The Captain's smile remains, but the dark menace in his gaze belies his intentions. Once she finishes, a hush fills the air as everyone in the fort turns their attention from Brianna to the bewildered Jeraldo as the red-headed youth stammers his way through the message. There are a few moments of collective speechlessness among the deserters before the fort explodes in a frenzy of raised voices.

"S-She can't mean that!"
"It's a forgery, it's gotta be!"
"Oh gods oh gods.."

Keenes's one eye darts around as he starts backing away, the other assassins growing nervous as they look around the crowd. Lyone finds himself the target of the deserter's ire as his former soldiers start to turn against him. "Really, could I be capable of such heinous acts? I've never led you wrong before, in case you've all forgotten," Lyone replies, his voice calm and steady. As he speaks, a collective shudder runs through the crowd of deserters- warning bells ring out in Lilith's head as she recognizes the lingering effects of the Iskar's domination spell! "The 'L' who wrote the message is in fact, none other than Sergeant Lumm! Really Brianna, were you trying to turn my own soldiers against me? Why on earth would you do such a thing?" He asks in mock surprise as a current of anger runs through the deserter soldiers.

Surrounded by an angry mob, the group hastily readies their weapons. Lilith frantically tries casting her countermeasure, and while one or two soldiers seem to snap out of it, there's no dispelling a group this big all at once. Then, something happens. A single note- like someone ringing a chime, echoes through the minds of everyone in the area. The deserters lower their weapons with blank looks on their faces- Lilith recognizes that the spell has been broken all at once! As one, they focus their attention on one person and Brianna is once more the center of attention. Nothing feels different for her, but her sense of conviction- her righteous anger has never been stronger or more unshakable. It's subtle and difficult to notice in the sun-lit ruins of the former temple, but she's also glowing very, very faintly- and she's not the only one altered.

"What's this now..?" Lyone asks, his smile strained. "The real foes are standing there right in front of you all, why aren't you killing them?" The other assassins look on him with horror, and even Keenes starts backing away from the Captain. As his allies start putting distance between him, Lyone's confusion grows. That is, until he notices the wet, splattering sounds coming from him and he looks down at himself.

His hands are absolutely coated in blood. Thick, red, viscous fluid flows from his hands as though they were fountains, splattering onto the stone steps of the staircase and cascading down them. There's no clearer sign of his guilt, and he realizes it quickly. Aghast, Lyone turns and runs, stumbling up the stone steps. As you move to pursue, he grabs something from his coat pocket and holds it up to his mouth. An ear-splitting whistle rings out through the temple, making Firgud really wish he had hands to cover his ears. Immediately, the air fills with a monstrous buzzing noise as dark shadows dart through the air above! They're Spider-Eaters, and astride one is the missing pillar of the loyalists- Voss Nambrie! The bearded man cackles as the enormous insects bear down on the deserters! Lumm grabs his sword and Tumerlin reveals himself as battle breaks out between the deserters and Lyone's loyalist assassins. It's time to eliminate the High King's control over the Glades once and for all!

There's Brianna's 6 with the Ghostly Lady.
---
Roll Initiative! Roll 20 or higher to take your turn immediately!

Don't worry about anything off of the grey rectangle. Those icons represent the battle raging around you and will use the Mass Combat Rules with both sides being represented by two dice. The Dark Grey Oval represents the top of the stairs. You need to be inside the oval to engage someone else inside the oval.

quote:

Captain Albrecht Lyone: Level 5 Troop
HP: 75 | AC: 21 | PD: 19 | MD: 15
Master Duelist: Once per round when an attack misses Captain Lyone, he can move or make a Wicked Rapier attack as a free action. Once he is staggered, Lyone no longer needs an attack to miss to trigger this ability.
Escalator: Captain Lyone adds the Escalation Die to his attacks.

Ray Keenes: Level 5 Archer
HP: 72 | AC: 21 | PD: 15 | MD: 19

Deserter Assassins x2: Level 4 Mooks
HP: 25 (50 mook) | AC:17 | PD:16 | MD:11

Voss Nambrie, Spider-Eater Rider: Large Level 2 Wrecker
HP: 70 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 14
Resist Ranged Damage 16+: When a ranged attack targets Voss Nambrie when he’s flying, the attacker must roll a natural 16+ on the attack roll or it only deals half damage.
Skittish: Nambrie doesn’t have as much control over his insectoid mount as he might think. Whenever he’s engaged with a conscious enemy after attacking it, he will attempt to disengage and fly into the air if he has a move action remaining that turn.

"Tamed" Spider-Eaters x2: Level 2 Spoilers
HP: 28 | AC: 18 | PD: 16 | MD: 12
Blazing Venom: When a target fails a save against a Spider-Eater's ongoing poison damage, the damage increases by 5 and becomes fire and poison damage. The damage continues increasing with further failed saves.

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 15, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

At the sound Firgud has to shout.
"Oy, archer, fish me out! I need eyes!"

It takes a moment for the archer to hear and get Firgud out of his bag, but out comes the head ready to go.
"Keep an eye on the sky, watch out for those bugs!"

Initiative: 1d20+2 17

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 32/40 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
AC 17			[x]Scramble (16+)
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 7/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 2
Melee: 1d20+2+ED; 3d6-1		Init: +2

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

"The gods have spoken, Albrecht, you are a butcher of innocents!" Brianna finally draws her sword, having kept it sheathed until now. "Repent like I did, or face my wrath."

Initiative: 1d20+2 10
Skilled Intercept (Round 1): 1d2016 Intercept Lyone if he goes for someone besides me. If he's already engaged with me, pop free and intercept anyone going for Lilith, Firgud, Jormund or Maeve in that order.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
Stats		Powers			Maneuvers
HP 50/50 	{ }[X][ ][ ] Smite	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23		{ } Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
PD 15		{ } Bastion		Defensive Fighting (Odd roll or 16+ /w shield)
MD 17		{ } Surprising		Taunt (Odd roll)
Re 5/10 3d10+2	[ ] Inspire (16+)			 

Peridian Officer's Sword and Shield +7 vs. AC — 3d8+4 Damage
Claymore +6 vs. AC — 3d10+3 Damage

Passive Effects
Threatening: When an enemy attempts to disengage from me they take -2 to the check.
Counter-Attack: Once per round, when an enemy misses me with a natural odd melee attack roll,
		make a basic melee attack against that enemy as a free action.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Initiative: 1d20+7 9

The coats fly off and Magnus' stilts fall to the side (Jormund keeps his on) dramatically!

"One eye! Archer! You've something of mine - two things, in fact! A blade to be returned, and a payment in blood to be taken!"

pre:
Jormund Fire-stone 	 	 	 	Magnus Magnusson
HP: 43/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 36/36
Recoveries: 6/8 (3d6+2)
AC 19, PD 16, MD 13 	 	 	 	 AC 18, PD 16, MD 12

Basic Attack 	 	 	 	  	Basic Attack
 +7 vs AC, 3d8+4 	 	 	 	 +7 vs AC, 2d6	 	

Daily/Recharge 	 	 	 	 	Battle Cries
 [ ] Acid Arrow  1	 	 	 	 Pull it Together 1 (11+)
 [X] Sound Burst  1	 	 	 	 Stay Strong 1 (16+)
 [X] Charm Person 1 	 	 	 	 We Need You 1 (even hit)
 [X] Song of Heroes 1 (re 11+)
 [ ][ ] Animal Companion Spells           

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith silently prepared for battle.

Initiative: 1d20+3 5

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 32/40   Recoveries: 6/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3
AC 15     PD 13     MD 18
Voidmote: autohit (roll for crit/crit miss); 2d3, Weaken on even
Crescendo: 1d20+7+ED; 4d6, 3 miss, pop free on hit, multitarget with penalty

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[ ]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[X][X]Utility Spell             

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Everyone rolled pretty badly on initiative so the bad guys go first. ArkInBlack, feel free to roll initiative when you make your post- Roll an 11+ to act immediately. Roll under that and you'll attack after the next batch of enemies.
Mass Combat Rolls: Allies; Enemies: 1d6 2 1d6 6
Lyone's ruffians seem to have the upper hand as the battle breaks out. Seeing their Captain fighting on the stairs, one of the Assassins tosses a dagger into the fray that tears across Firgud's scalp!
Mass Combat: Enemy Hindrance Targeting; Attack; Damage: 1d7 3 1d20+10 24 Hit! Firgud takes: 4d8 23 damage!

Brianna stands ready to intercept Lyone, but she's the only one he's after. The Captain's bloody hands don't seem to hinder his skillful swordplay- his slender blade punches through Brianna's pauldron to stab at her shoulder, and he's not done yet! A few quick slashes and he severs the leather straps holding the pauldron on, leaving one of Brianna's upper arms exposed! His damage dealt, the wily Captain darts back behind his Assassins as they advance forward. "I've bested Peridia's finest duelists, Brianna!" He sneers. "Your precious Gods can't help you here!"

Captain Lyone: Wicked Rapier @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+10 26 Brianna takes 18 damage.
Natural Even Hit: Brianna's AC is reduced by 2 for the rest of the battle. This stacks, so watch out.
Natural 16+: Lyone pops free from Brianna.

One Assassin steps up, filling the space Lyone had previously occupied. His poison-coated blade flashes as he strikes at Brianna, hoping to take advantage of her weakened state. Luckily, she manages to raise her shield and deflect the blow- just barely. A split-second later and the attack would have hit. The other Assassin covers Lyone's flank, ready to intercept anything that might try and attack him.

Deserter Assassin: Poisoned Blade @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+9 20 Miss
The other Assassin will intercept the first target to reach the top of the stairs.

Keenes grits his teeth and readies an arrow, taking aim at Jormund! "You want the sword, huh? Come and get it, Stumpy," he growls as he lets the arrow fly.
Keenes: Longbow @ Jormund vs AC: 1d20+10 16 Miss
It's plain to see that this is, in fact, the man who trained Petrine as the two archers both have similar skill when it comes to actually landing their shots.
---
Initiative Order
-Mass Combat Rolls-
Captain Albrecht Lyone
Lt Ray Keenes
Deserter Assassins x2

Firgud
Brianna
-Mass Combat Rolls-
Lt Voss Nambrie
Spider-Eaters x2

Jormund/Magnus
Lilith

Schrodinger's Skeleton: Maeve (acts either with Firgud and Brianna or with Jormund and Lilith)

---

Allies: 2 Dice | Enemies: 2 Dice
The Dark Grey Oval represents the top of the stairs. You need to be inside the oval to engage someone else inside the oval.

quote:

HP: 75 | AC: 21 | PD: 19 | MD: 15
Master Duelist: Once per round when an attack misses Captain Lyone, he can move or make a Wicked Rapier attack as a free action. Once he is staggered, Lyone no longer needs an attack to miss to trigger this ability.

Deserter Assassins x2: Level 4 Mooks
HP: 25 (50 mook) | AC:17 | PD:16 | MD:11

Resist Ranged Damage 16+: When a ranged attack targets Voss Nambrie when he’s flying, the attacker must roll a natural 16+ on the attack roll or it only deals half damage.
Skittish: Nambrie doesn’t have as much control over his insectoid mount as he might think. Whenever he’s engaged with a conscious enemy after attacking it, he will attempt to disengage and fly into the air if he has a move action remaining that turn.

"Tamed" Spider-Eaters x2: Level 2 Spoilers (Red HP: 28 | Blue HP: 28)
Blazing Venom: When a target fails a save against a Spider-Eater's ongoing poison damage, the damage increases by 5 and becomes fire and poison damage. The damage continues increasing with further failed saves.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Brianna lunges forward with her shield after deflecting the poisonous blade, hitting the assassin square in the face with its edge and sending him stumbling backwards on the stairs with a broken nose. She deftly snatches up a vial of the spider-eater venom from her belt and applies it to her sword, then sets it all on fire.

She meets Lyone's sneer with angry determination. "You could not be more wrong. There is no place they cannot reach." With one broad stroke of fiery divine wrath she decapitates the loyalist next to her and all but bisects the one standing on top of the platform. "Skilled duelist or not, I know that I will be the one who stands victorious this day."

Counter-Attack Assassin: 1d20+7 17 vs AC, just hits. 3d8+4 16 damage.
Quick: Apply Spider-Eater Venom to my sword. (I think we have 2 vials left after I use this one.)
Move->Quick: Setting the venom on fire.
Smite Deserter Assassins: 1d20+7+4 30 vs AC, hits. 3d8+4+5+1d12 31 damage. Hit Harder: 30+1d8+5 40 damage! The assassins are no more.

Skilled Intercept (Round 2): 1d20+1 9 I won't have skilled intercept next round, but it's still active for the remainder of this one. Intercept any of the fliers if they try to attack Firgud or Lilith.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 32/50 	{X} Smite [X][ ][ ]	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23(-2)	{ } Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
MD 17		{ } Surprising		Taunt (Odd roll)

Peridian Officer's Sword and Shield +7 vs. AC — 3d8+4+5 Fire Damage

Passive Effects
Threatening: When an enemy attempts to disengage from me they take -2 to the check.
Counter-Attack: Once per round, when an enemy misses me with a natural odd melee attack roll,

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

When provided a cloak, Maeve brow furrows, then lights up with an idea. She draws forth the glow from her chest, swirls it around and forces it into herself. Slowly from where it was place her flesh putrefies, nerves deadening alongside it. Maeve stretches and flexes in testing before nodding. "A... Less than pleasant thing, but should serve to make my body more resilient, if it should come to blows."

~~~

With battle started, Maeve throws off her cloak and shouts "Face the retribution of the Stormlash, Peridian scum!" and rushes forward in lockstep with Conor to the side of Lyone, both furiously swinging their weapons at him.

Initiative:
-Initiative w/Zombie Form Penalty: 2d20k1-1 19 Human OP
Move: Engage Lyone
Standard: Use Savage Lash on Lyone
-Savage Lash vs AC (@Lyin' Lyone): 1d20+10 20 3d8+1d12+3 27 Well that's 13 damage at least.
Skeletal Minion
Engage Lyone and attack him
-Melee Attack (@Lyone): 1d20+9 17 1d12 11 Misses but enjoy the Disengage penalty.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 40/40   THP (30)   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4
AC 20     PD 15     MD 17
Two Handed Mace (MBA): 1d20+6+ED; 3d8+3, 3 Miss
Shortbow (RBA): 1d20+4+ED; 3d6+1

Encounter			Daily/Recharge
[-]Savage Lash                  [-][ ]Savage Lash Daily
[ ]Command Undead I             [ ][ ]Lay On Hands
[ ]Armored In Life              [-]Summon Undead I (18+)
                                [-]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[-]Unholy Blast I (18+)
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP 22/22 AC 19 PD 17 MD 13
Melee Basic Attack: +9+ED vs AC - 1d12 damage

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud curses as the dagger knocks him out of the archer's hand and onto the floor. Hopefully he could keep a level head in the basin like this. And hopefully his allies won't kick him around in the process!

Rally Myself!: 3d8+1 13 hp regained
Got 1 cp left, good for a save or a Hit Harder

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 22/40 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 6/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 1

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Mass Combat Rolls: Allies; Enemies: 1d6 1 1d6 5
The Deserter forces are having a rough time, but the sudden death of two of Lyone's Assassins causes the Captain to shout an order. "Get to the staircase! If I die, none of you will be leaving this place!" Spurred on by his command, two Assassins approach from the flanks! Their departure gives Sergeant Lumm an opportunity! Mimicking Brianna's tremendous slash, he cleanly decapitates one of the Loyalist soldiers!

The Loyalist Captain sneers as he deflects Maeve and Conor's reckless swings, shouting a triumphant cry as he pierces cleanly through the skeleton's shoddy armor- right where the heart would be. "What in the King's name?" He mutters as he pulls his rapier free- puzzled as the armored skeleton still stands.

Master Duelist: Captain Lyone: Wicked Rapier @ Conor vs AC: 1d20+10 26 Hit! Conor takes 18 damage.
Natural Even Hit: Skeletal Minion's AC is reduced by 2 until the end of the battle.
Natural 16+: Lyone pops free from Conor!

"At your side, Captain!" The buzzing of the Spider-Eaters grow as they descend upon the fray, Voss Nambrie's stabbing spear misses its mark as his wild mount rears up and savagely tears into the skeleton, scattering Conor's bones all over!

Lt Nambrie: Talons, Sting, and Spear @ Conor vs AC: 1d20+8 16 Miss!
Natural Even Miss: Conor takes 6 damage from the Spider-Eater's clawing talons, "killing" him!

The two enormous insects bear down on the group! Magnus yelps as one sinks its dagger-sized stinger into his arm, but manages to brush off the creature before it can do much damage. The other flies at Lilith, its jaws wide open, but Brianna manages to get between the two just in the nick of time! Things take a turn for the worse when the Spider-Eater sinks it sting into her unprotected shoulder, dealing a painful and ironic blow as the knight finds herself on the receiving end of the creature's blazing venom!

Spider-Eaters: Sizzling Sting @ Magnus, Brianna vs PD: 1d20+6 23 1d20+6 26 Hit! Crit! Magnus takes 6 damage. Brianna takes 12! takes half damage when intercepting, so she only takes 6 damage!
Natural Even Hit: Brianna takes 5 ongoing poison damage (normal save ends, 11+) and the Spider-Eater pops free! Remember that failed saves increase the damage!
---
Initiative Order
Jormund/Magnus
Lilith
-Mass Combat Rolls and Escalation Die-
Captain Albrecht Lyone
Lt Ray Keenes
Deserter Assassins x2

Firgud
Brianna
Maeve
-Mass Combat Rolls-
Lt Voss Nambrie
Spider-Eaters x2

---

The Dark Grey Oval represents the top of the stairs. You need to be inside the oval to engage someone else inside the oval.

quote:

HP: 62/75 | AC: 21 | PD: 19 | MD: 15

Deserter Assassins x4: Level 4 Mooks (Next Assassin dies at 19 damage!)
HP: 25 (44 mook) | AC:17 | PD:16 | MD:11

"Tamed" Spider-Eaters x2: Level 2 Spoilers (Red HP: 28 | Blue HP: 28)

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 18, 2016

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith's casting style was generally very stiff and formalized - technically near-perfect, but with little flair or fluidity. However, this spell was clearly different, even to untrained eyes. While her movements were still crisp and precise, she seemed looser, more relaxed. She reached into her component pouch and pulled out a single gold coin. She passed over it with one hand before flipping it into the air with the other. It flew straight up, far further than it should have, thrumming with arcane power. This was Lilith's Trickle-Up Economics, a spell of her own creation, and as such she understood it far more intimately than any other wizard alive.

There was a glint of gold in mid-air, which seemed to split into a dozen identical lights. It was almost beautiful, until they started hitting the ground. Each was a gold piece no larger than a thimble, but they impacted the ground like a boulder from a catapult. They scattered the remaining assassins, and did some serious damage to the spider-eaters and Ray Keenes. Lilith surveyed the carnage as her first gold coin spun back down to earth, and she absent-mindedly caught it. She raises her voice to be heard over the din of combat as coins scatter across the ground. "Men, your hazard pay." Lilith is not a terribly charismatic person, but her gold could speak volumes.

Force Salvo Attack Roll (vs. Deserter Assassing [x2], Spider-Eater [x2], Ray Keenes): 5#1d20+8 20 24 17 25 19
Force Salvo Damage Roll: 4d10 23
Successful hit against all targets, they each take 23 Force damage.

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 32/40   Recoveries: 6/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[ ]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[X][X]Utility Spell             

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 18, 2016

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Recharge roll (forgot to do this): 1d20 2
Not that it matters, apparently!

"Magnus! Fire-Stone Rule #47!"

"Right! Teamwork!"

Casting Pack Link as a quick action! Technically Magnus always attacks before me, so it won't help this round.

The two dwarves move to flank the spider, them leap at it!

Magnus Attack, Damage; Jormund Attack, Damage: 1d20+7 14 2d6 3 1d20+7 24 3d8+4 21

While Magnus has little luck, Jormund delivers a decisive blow, driving his blade directly into the arachnid, killing it!

"Figurd! On your feet! Metaphorically! You're a dwarf, dammit, not a ball! Bite them in the ankles if you need to, or grit your teeth and will the pain away!"

Figurd can choose either +2 AC or to spend a recovery.

pre:
HP: 43/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 30/36

[ ] Acid Arrow  1	 	 	 	 Pull it Together 1 (11+)
 [X][ ] Animal Companion Spells           

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

"Wait," one Deserter shouts. "We're getting paid for this?!" Spurred on by Lilith's offer of monetary compensation, the Deserters fight on twice as hard! Ally dice rolls this round are made at a +1 bonus.
Mass Combat Rolls: Allies; Enemies: 1d6+1 6 1d6 2
And it pays off! The Deserters push forward, overwhelming the Loyalist forces! Loud banging fills the air when Lyone's reinforcements from the barracks find themselves stalled from Lilith's door-holding spell! All together, the Loyalists are looking a lot more desperate! The Escalation Die increases by 1. Since it would increase anyway on this part of the round, the Escalation Die is now 2

"Tsk tsk, Brianna. If you're going to fight via proxy.." Lyone sneers as he ducks under one of Maeve's furious blows. There's a flash of sunlight on steel as his slender blade slams home right into Maeve's chest, the bloodied point protruding from her back! "Then you had better make sure your proxy can actually fight!" The horrified faces of the Stormlash tribe suddenly appear much more real as Maeve suffers the powerful blow, her spirit nearly joining the rest of her tribe! Lyone plants his boot on the Necromancer's shoulder and kicks her back almost to the edge of the platform. A few inches more and she would have fallen off! Flicking his rapier, Lyone sends a thin spray of Maeve's blood splattering down the staircase, joining the messy stains that still flow from his hands.

"Face me!" He roars, pointing the tip of his blade at Brianna!
Captain Lyone: Wicked Rapier @ Maeve vs AC: 1d20+10+2 32 Crit! Maeve takes 32 damage!
Natural Even Hit: Maeve's AC is reduced by 2 until the end of the fight.
Natural 16+: Lyone pops free from Maeve.

Keenes, meanwhile, must not have the right angle on Jormund, because his next shot is the worst one yet!
Lt Keenes: Longbow @ Jormund vs AC: 1d20+10 11 Miss.
---
Initiative Order
Firgud
Brianna
Maeve
-Mass Combat Rolls-
Lt Voss Nambrie
Spider-Eaters x2

Jormund/Magnus
Lilith
Captain Albrecht Lyone
Lt Ray Keenes
Deserter Assassins x2

---
I'm removing the dark red overlay from killed/defeated tokens since I feel it's redundant with the big red X's.

quote:

HP: 62/75 | AC: 21 | PD: 19 | MD: 15

HP: 40/72 | AC: 21 | PD: 15 | MD: 19

Deserter Assassins x4: Level 4 Mooks

HP: 70/70 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 14

"Tamed" Spider-Eaters x2: Level 2 Spoilers (Red | Blue HP: 5/28 Staggered!)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud rolls upright.
"No ankles to bite and I'm not putting any bug legs in my mouth! And I've been through worse than this!"

Self-evident truths said, he looks up at Lyonne past the forest of legs.
"Brianna, that sick twist can't take you in a fair fight! He hasn't a chance against you, so get up there and chop his smug head off!"
Then Firgud loses sight in the melee and curses.
"And someone pick me up! Can't see a bloody thing down here."

Taking the Recovery roll from Jormund: 3d8+1 20 HP healed
On Brianna's turn, Rally Now, Brianna!: 3d10+7 31 HP healed... preferably after the poison tick :angel:

My turn, Weigh the Odds: 1d4 1 D:
move: roll over to some kind of vantage point.

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 40/40 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 5/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 1

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 19, 2016

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

Brianna grimaces in pain and grasps her shoulder as the venom burns sharply through her veins. She can feel it beginning to spread and her mind slipping when Firgud snaps her out of it with his rallying cry. "I won't lose, Firgud." She grits her teeth and takes a deep breath through her nose, and as the air fills her lungs the blazing pain is replaced by a pleasant warmth instead.

"Maeve, stand back. That traitorous dog is mine!" Brianna growls and charges up the stairs, swinging her sword with all her might at Lyone, but he easily ducks and evades the bite of her blade. Still, he was not prepared for the sheer inertia behind her charge and Brianna keeps on going as if she was astride a warhorse trampling down a light infantry formation. She crashes into the Captain and manages to strike him over the ear with her elbow, forcefully throwing him back in a daze.

Brianna takes up a fighting stance and locks eyes with Lyone, the fire in her eyes only matched by the one covering her sabre. "Your little reign of terror ends here, Albrecth."

Move up to the platform and engage Lyone.
Fighter Attack vs Lyone: 1d20+7+2 13 Surprising! 14 vs AC, miss! 3 miss damage. Natural odd roll: Bash! Lyone pops free from me and is dazed (save ends)
I take 5 poison damage and become staggered.
Save vs Poison: 1d20 17, success.
If I get to rally now I'm at 50, otherwise I'll be at 45. Let me know and I'll change my block accordingly.
Skilled Intercept (Round 3): 1d20+3 8 No skilled intercept next round either, but I will intercept Lyone normally if he tries to go for someone else. Not that I expect him to.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 50/50 	{X} Smite [X][ ][ ]	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23(-2)	{X} Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
MD 17		{X} Surprising		Taunt (Odd roll)

Passive Effects

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

Dulled responses keeps Maeve from pushing back in time, and she only barely manages catching herself before toppling over the side of the stairs. Recovering, once more she hefts her mace and with a shout she rushes back in "I will not be denied vengeance so easily!" and once more swings the mace in a wide arc as she closes with Lyone.

Move: Engage Lyone
Standard: Use Savage Lash on Lyone
-Savage Lash vs AC (@Lyin' Lyone): 1d20+11 24 3d8+1d12+3 28 There's a good hit.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 38/40   THP ()   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4

[-]Savage Lash                  [-][-]Savage Lash Daily
                                [-]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[-]Unholy Blast I (18+)
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP 0/22 AC 19 PD 17 MD 13

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Mass Combat Rolls: Allies; Enemies: 1d6+1 6 1d6 2 Lilith's bonus still putting in work!
"Are you really still fighting? I thought you'd be done already," Chieftain Garuum mutters as he waddles into the fray. With a wave of his staff, he summons an enormous horned toad that lashes out with its tongue, catching the injured Spider-Eater and pulling the giant insect into its maw. The Deserters are steadily pushing the Loyalists back.
Ally Attack!: 3d8 9 Spider-Eater Blue is killed.

Brianna sets up Lyone for a mighty swing from Maeve, leaving the Captain dazed and reeling. Unsteady on his legs, the Captain clutches his side where Maeve hit him with that bone-shattering blow. Yet, his sword arm remains steady throughout it all. (Lyone is now staggered, meaning he can use his Master Duelist ability once per round regardless of hits or misses.)

"Captain!" Voss Nambrie cries out, distracted as his mount lurches forward, buzzing angrily at Lilith! The Spider-Eater is relentless with its attacks, but the man atop it can't quite capitalize on the advantage.
Lt Nambrie: Talons, Sting, and Spear @ Lilith vs AC: 1d20+8 14 Miss.
Natural Even Miss: Lilith takes 6 damage from the Spider-Eater's raking talons.

---
Initiative Order
Jormund/Magnus
Lilith
Captain Albrecht Lyone
Lt Ray Keenes

Firgud
Brianna
Maeve
-Mass Combat Rolls-
Lt Voss Nambrie

---

quote:

Captain Albrecht Lyone: Level 5 Troop (Dazed!)
HP: 31/75 | AC: 21 | PD: 19 | MD: 15

HP: 40/72 | AC: 21 | PD: 15 | MD: 19

HP: 70/70 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 14

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Lilith staggered away from the Spider-Eater's talons, bleeding shallowly, but she used the space to cast a swift spell that knocked Voss Nambrie and his mount back. Then she scurried over to Jormund and Magnus, so as to present a united front against the rider.

Crescendo Attack Roll (vs. Voss): 1d20+8+2 25 Hits
Crescendo Damage Roll (vs. Voss): 4d6 12 target takes 12 thunder and damage pops free.

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 24/40   Recoveries: 6/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[X]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[X][X]Utility Spell             

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"Must we kill every drat one of you until I can finally get my sword back?! It's not as if he's even hitting anyone!"

Magnus and Jormund escew the whole "united front" plan for Plan: Attack That OTHER Human Bad Guy. Which is to say, Magnus runs in swinging (and whiffing so hard he nearly punches himself in the face), and Jormund, as he's shouting and pointing belligerently, somehow manages to fire a blast of acid from his hands straight at the archer - much to the surprise of likely everyone! Jormund still takes the time to charge at the spider-rider after this, to boot!

Magnus Attack, Damage: 1d20+8 9 2d6 8
Acid Arrow vs PD: 1d20+8 14 4d10 25
I actually forgot the Escalation Dice was at 2, not 1, so that should be a 15, not a 14, WHICH MEANS IT HITS! 25 damage and 5 ongoing to Ray. Jormund then moves to engage Voss

pre:
HP: 43/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 30/36

[X] Acid Arrow  1	 	 	 	 Pull it Together 1 (11+)
 [X][ ] Animal Companion Spells           

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Mass Combat Rolls: Allies; Enemies: 1d6 3 1d6 1
The Deserters' momentum seems to be slipping. The Loyalists were losing ground before, but for now they hold steady as losses mount on both sides.

Escalation Die is now 3!

Even on his last legs, Lyone remains a threatening foe! Keeping both Maeve and Brianna in his sights, he unleashes a flurry of slices and stabs!
Captain Lyone- Quick Action: Desperate Assault @ Maeve vs AC: 1d20+10+3-4 20 Hit! Maeve takes 14 damage.
Natural Odd Hit: Every other enemy engaged with Lyone (just Brianna) takes 10 damage.

Yet, his swordplay is getting sloppy. His sword-hand shakes as he lashes out at the two women. If Brianna can get past his defenses, she can land a finishing blow! Lyone gets one last blow in as Brianna advances...
Captain Lyone: Wicked Rapier @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+10+3-4 27 Hit! Brianna takes 18 damage.
Natural Even Hit: Brianna's AC is further reduced by 2!
Natural 16+: Lyone pops free! Or rather, he could but he doesn't!

..but by the time he goes for a second blow he realizes too late that Brianna's too close! Her shield slams into Lyone's bloody sword-arm, knocking his rapier aside!
Captain Lyone- Master Duelist: Wicked Rapier @ Brianna vs AC: 1d20+10+3-4 11 Miss!

Lt. Keenes drops his bow as this happens. "Captain!" He cries out, grabbing the Karavarn's blade. Jormund's Acid Arrow impacts him at he charges at Maeve, and the well-timed spell throws off the human's swing! The attack goes wide, and the dwarven runes along the flat of the blade flare up! The one-eyed man looks down in shock as a burst of dwarven magic explodes from the blade, knocking him onto the ground, where his body just sizzles and goes still.
Keenes: Karavarn's Blade @ Maeve vs AC: 1d20+9 13 Miss!
Natural 1-5: The dwarven magic in Karavarn's Blade opposes Keenes- he takes 10 damage from magical feedback!
And he immediately dies to the ongoing damage!

---
Initiative Order
Firgud
Brianna
Maeve
-Mass Combat Rolls-
Lt Voss Nambrie

Jormund/Magnus
Lilith
Captain Albrecht Lyone

---

quote:

Captain Albrecht Lyone: Level 5 Troop (Dazed!)
HP: 31/75 | AC: 21 | PD: 19 | MD: 15

HP: 58/70 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 14

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Brianna Antinea

"It's over." Brianna barks, and with a flash of her blade it is — for the once beloved Captain and masterful duelist. She looms over the bleeding, barely conscious mess that is Lyone, his dominant hand severed at the wrist and the other clutching an open wound in his side. She felt nothing but contempt for the man. What could have driven him to betray his own so? She shakes her head and turns her back on him, then holds her radiant flaming sword up high above her head. "The false captain has fallen! Expel the tyrant's dogs! Freedom for the Glades!"

Smite Lyone: 1d20+7+4+3 21 vs AC, just hits! 3d8+4+5+1d12 32 damage, Lyone is down! Wow, it could hardly have been closer than that.
Inspire: Give the deserters a little push to seize victory.

pre:
Brianna Antinea
HP 22/50 	{X} Smite [X][X][ ]	Deadly Assault (Even hit)
AC 23(-4)	{X} Bash Daze	 	Bash! (Odd roll or any hit /w shield)
MD 17		{X} Surprising		Taunt (Odd roll)
Re 4/10 3d10+2	[X] Inspire (16+)			 

Passive Effects

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud smirks at Lillith.
"Ms. Avorena. Us dwarves have to stick together, aye? Buck up, we'll be finished with this shortly.
Still, the fight was nearly over. Firgud pouts, he didn't have much of a chance to make a difference.

Lillith's turn: Rally Now, Lillith!: 3d6+7 20 HP healed
My turn: Weigh the Odds: 1d4 2

pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 40/40 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
PD 12			[x]BTS (11+)	
MD 18		
Recoveries 5/8 (3d8+1)		Command Points: 2

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Maeve of the Stormlash

Lyone fallen Maeve wastes little time redirecting her wrath, turning to Voss and charging with a warcry. Forewarned of an incoming threat, Voss is easily able to spur his insectoid mount to dodge Maeve's mace swing.

Move: Engage Spider-Eater Man
Standard: Attack Spider-Eater Man
-Melee Attack (@Spider-Eater Man): 1d20+9 16 3d8+3 12 Not been a great fight for Maeve.

pre:
Maeve of Stormlash
HP: 24/40   THP ()   Lay On Hands: 2/2  Recoveries: 8/8 (3d8+1)   Initiative: +4

[-]Savage Lash                  [-][-]Savage Lash Daily
                                [-]Zombie Form I
				[-]Terror I (18+)
				[-]Unholy Blast I (18+)
				[ ]Spectral Armor (16+)
Skeletal Minion
HP 0/22 AC 19 PD 17 MD 13

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

With two of their three leaders dead, the Loyalists take a heavy blow to their morale! Loyalist forces loose one Mass Combat Dice and do not roll on this initiative count. But, the Deserters have taken some pretty heavy losses themselves and can't quite capitalize on the Loyalists' weakness.
Mass Combat Rolls: Allies: 1d6+1 2

With Lyone down, bloodied and literally disarmed, and Keenes likely dead, the final Loyalist leader finds himself facing down three foes at once. Ever pragmatic, Nambrie weighs his options as his gaze flits over his foes. Maeve's taken what should have been a mortal blow from Captain Lyone and remains standing. Jormund can shoot acid and took down Keenes with relative ease. That leaves the unarmed, mild-mannered Magnus as the most attractive target- and his mount makes this terrifying clear as the giant wasp-like creature tears into the dwarf, stinging Magnus several times in the process!
Lt Nambrie: Talons, Sting, and Spear @ Magnus vs AC: 1d20+8 20 Hit!
Natural Even Hit: Magnus takes 8 damage and 5 ongoing poison/fire damage from the Spider-Eater's stinger!

Deed done, Nambrie jerks at the reins as his Spider-Eater bucks and shrieks, nearly knocking the man free from the saddle!
Nambrie: Disengage: 1d20-2 -1 Yikes. Failure.

Initiative Order
Jormund/Magnus
Lilith
I'll end the fight after Cirno's and GreenBean's next turns. If Nambrie isn't staggered, he'll escape.

---

quote:

HP: 55/70 | AC: 19 | PD: 17 | MD: 14

Captain Albrecht Lyone

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lilith Avorena

Smoothly, Lilith transitioned into another spell, reeling off an arcane phrase without skipping a beat. With a flick of her fingers, she unleashed Bernanke's Demand Shock...to seemingly no effect. The battlefield remained undisturbed, but on the magical plane, the area around Voss was thoroughly permeated by Lilith's spell, miring the natural flow of magical forces in punitive levies. Electric-aspected energies, already prone to taking the path of least resistance, started simply flowing around the stagnant area.

Meanwhile, in the material world, there was an awkward silence as nothing really happened. Then, with a snap of her fingers, she dismissed her spell, causing the electrical-aspected energies to rapidly flow back in, blowing apart a chunk of the battlefield about a meter to the left of Voss and leaving her target unharmed. Regulation had failed once again.

Lightning Bolt Attack Roll (vs. Voss PD): 1d20+8+3 14 - miss, but "[09:24] McP green bean use your biggest guns, I got the reroll"
Lightning Bolt Attack Roll (vs. Voss PD reroll): 1d20+8+3 12 - uhh, nevermind, then!

pre:
Lilith Avorena
HP: 24/40   Recoveries: 6/8 (3d6+2)   Initiative: +3

Daily/Recharge
[ ]Shield (Recharge 11+)                  
[X]Force Salvo         
[ ]Lightning Bolt
[X]Confusion
[X][X]Utility Spell             

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Magnus Attack, Damage; Jormund Attack, Damage: 1d20+10 23 2d8 9 1d20+10 22 3d8+4 16
Saving throw (11+): 1d20 1
Saving Throw Again (11+): 1d20 1
Recovery: 3d8+2 18

Where both lightning and the invisible hand fails, the visible hand (holding a sword) succeeds. Magnus punches Voss's bug right in it's stupid face even as Jormund slides underneath the mount, gutting it from beneath, and dancing back up to his feet, holding the sword at it's rider.

Magnus them promptly vomits out a lot blood. Jormund gives him a look at tells him to buck up, which seems to help.

Pretty sure throwing down 25 damage will stagger him! Magnus manages to fail at his saving throw in the most catastrophic way, and then I use We Need You so that he can fail his saving throw yet again in the most catastrophic way. So I cast Vitality and he heals with a free recovery.

pre:
HP: 43/45   	 	 	 	 	 HP: 35/36

[X] Acid Arrow  1	 	 	 	 Pull it Together 1 (11+)
 [X][X] Animal Companion Spells           

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

As the insect-like creature twitches and dies, Voss finds himself staring down the pointy end of Jormund's sword. He promptly drops his own sword and puts his hands up. With the three pillars of Loyalist leadership toppled, the remaining traitors are quickly routed by the Deserters. Those that surrender are forcibly disarmed, while those that try to fight back are knocked unconscious or slain. The battle was hard-won, and despite handily winning the day the Deserters have taken several losses of their own. Sergeant Lumm's left arm and hand have been mangled pretty badly, and Jeraldo Loches is seen limping and bleeding from the head as one of the other soldiers patches him up with a roll of bandages. Tumerlin has several visible wounds but doesn't appear to be any worse for wear, and Garuum is completely unharmed.

As Voss and the remaining Loyalists are rounded up, Lyone makes a sudden movement! Glaring up at Brianna through red-rimmed eyes, the captain grins as he pulls a dagger out from somewhere in his coat! "Long live the King!" He snarls, ramming the blade into his stomach and collapsing. A frantic investigation reveals that his suicidal gesture was ultimately meaningless- the wound isn't life-threatening and he's simply passed out from blood loss. So long as he receives medical attention, he'll live. The other Loyalists stand together as several Deserter soldiers hold them at sword-point. There's about twenty of them all together, human men and women.

What do you do with the remaining Loyalists?

With the battle over, things grow quiet. As you all stand among the former temple, you feel an enormous sense of accomplishment. It wasn't easy, but the five of you have succeeded in the face of Lyone's treachery and duplicity, and the High King's tyrannical influence over the Eternal Glades is no more.

Everyone advances to Level 4! You also receive a Full Rest.

Yet, heroes can't afford to be idle. To the south, the forest grows thick and the enormous, twisting trees take on an unsettling, serpent-like suggestion. The looming specter of Iskaranura still remains, along with its iskar-tribe dragonspawn servants. A pointed look from Garuum reminds you that the anura tribe remains enslaved to the Mongrel Lord's heinous servants. More immediately, in his covert letters Lyone mentioned that he had obtained an enormous piece of the solidified blood of Iskaranura, which can can be used to bind someone's soul indefinitely. Additionally, he mentioned having a hostage, who's bound to be somewhere in the fortress.

There's no need to go rushing off to battle again. Feel free to take some well-deserved downtime. Once you've wrapped things up at the Fortress, there will be an important visitor waiting for you at the dwarven Base Camp.

---

With the battle over, Jormund is free to step over the corpse of Ray Keenes and retrieve his ancestral heirloom. Yet, he's surely appalled to find the condition that it's in. Keenes clearly had no idea how to care for dwarven swords- several of the runes have rubbed off! Luckily, that's nothing that a night or two of carving won't fix and as it so happens Magnus has a set of rune-carving tools in his pack.

Karavarn's Blade: Adventurer-tier Magic Longsword. This sword has a thick, blocky blade that's indicative of ancient dwarven design. All craftsdwarf ship is of the highest quality. Despite its obvious weight, it feels light and easy to wield in Jormund's hand. Karavarn's Blade provides a +1 bonus to BOTH melee attack rolls and spell attack rolls. The runes are old and worn- by re-carving the runes along the blade, Jormund can enhance its magical abilities to provide one of two abilities:

-Carve the "Monarch" Rune: (Quick action – recharge: 11+) When you use this blade, a creature who is at least somewhat subservient to you gains a +1 bonus to melee attacks and damage until the end of the battle.
-Carve the "Kinship" Rune: (Free action as part of an attack. – recharge 11+) When you hit with this weapon, allow one of your allies engaged with that foe to make a basic melee attack against it as a free action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Firgud Rigiron

Firgud casts about, making sure there was no more fighting. But they've surrendered! Time to make it known.
"Victory!" Firgud shouts at the top of his lungs. The cheer from the surrounding soldiers covers up the next words.
"Tumerlin, for the love of the Lady, cover those up, there're going to be questions and we have enough scary magic juju to worry about."
Back to the soldiers.
"Victory, brave soldiers! For honor, for justice! Brave knight Brianna Antinea has arrived, to root out these foul traitors who sought to sacrifice you to dark gods. With allies! Your days of hiding are nearly over, and from these humble beginnings you can forge a home, nay, a NATION to be proud of!"
Good enough, Firgud whistles to one of Lumms' archers and whispers to Brianna.
"Warmed em up for you. You take care of your human pablum, I'm gonna look for that Iskar captive. And try to make sure they're okay with working with dwarves."

Part said, Firgud borrows a soldier and begins to look around the camp for the captive.

New Block
pre:
Firgud Rigiron
Stats			Recharge
HP 48/48 (00)		[ ]Battle Captain
AC 18			[ ]Scramble (16+)
PD 13			[ ]BTS (11+)	
MD 19		
Recoveries 8/8 (4d8+1)		Command Points: 2
Melee: 1d20+2+ED; 4d6-1

• Locked thread