Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

Yeah its not been great.

Aztecs and Ducks are both on winning streaks though! Congrats Denver fans

You're still cool to me, Ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PrinceRandom posted:

So

Because you lost?

I didnt close it.

Dunno why you keep following me around every thread but i was probably the least vocal poster about the panthers chances and have been pretty congratulatory toward denver fans.

So maybe, go gently caress youself?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
The Broncos gained 194 yards. That's the fewest by any winning team in Super Bowl history, breaking the '00 Ravens mark by 50 yards.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Denver defense was epic, but the Panthers were also choking all game. They played super tight and had multiple back-breaking unforced errors.

Peyton did as little as possible and still was probably a net liability. Least total offense in Super Bowl history for a winning team! :laffo:

I thought this would be the worst/most annoying outcome (defense drags rotting Peyton corpse to victory) but now it's just kind of funny. And Von Miller getting the MVP was 100% correct. Demarcus Ware winning a Super Bowl and being great after rotting in Dallas owns too.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

can we all give a minute to appreciate the WOO guy

thank you for making this game more entertaining, I will always love you

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The difference between the two divisions is bizarre. The AFC has the three best QBs in the NFL and their teams have essentially dominated the conference for over a decade. But outside of those three teams there is a lot of chaff.

The NFC has way better teams on the average but none that reach the level of the three best AFC teams.

Joe flacco, Tom Brady and forehead corpse, in that order.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

So why did the broadcast keep saying Kubiak is the first coach to win a super bowl for the team he played for, because that isn't true

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

beejay posted:

So why did the broadcast keep saying Kubiak is the first coach to win a super bowl for the team he played for, because that isn't true

Head Coach.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

BlindSite posted:

I didnt close it.

Dunno why you keep following me around every thread but i was probably the least vocal poster about the panthers chances and have been pretty congratulatory toward denver fans.

:siren: SALT ALERT :siren:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

VJeff posted:

I think the following are some pretty reasonable statements:

1) Neither offense played well. The Broncos offense was pretty putrid in general and the Panthers offense kept making back breaking errors. Cam was running for his life the entire game and literally hitting guys in the hands and they still dropped it, I don't think you can judge him too harshly on this one.
2) Both defenses played very well. The Panthers defense was really good, but the Broncos defense was downright monstrous, absolutely unstoppable. Ware and Miller is like literal cheat codes.
3) The reffing standard wasn't the deciding factor, but it was pretty bad and probably hurt the Panthers more than the Broncos.
4) The Panthers really need some receivers.
5) Thank gently caress the Patriots weren't in it.

I've been skeptical all year because they really really need O line

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Great game. Great finish. Peyton Manning is goat, John Elway is vice-goat.

What the gently caress man, aren't you a Steelers fan?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ribsauce posted:

Because of these two factors I think if you played this game 10 times the Panthers win at least 7.

The CBS alternate timeline:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30/status/696542942656266243

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Confounding Factor posted:

What? No.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If Mel mudkiper goes back to being a broncos fan just ban me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Denver was the better team tonight and Von Miller is a scary motherfucker

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Tavarin posted:

Both defensive lines put on a clinic tonight.

It was truly remarkable how good both defense were tonight. As a lifelong Steelers fan, it was beautiful to watch

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

If Mel mudkiper goes back to being a broncos fan just ban me

bye buddy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I've never known Mel to root for the Steelers :confused:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Colbert is pretty great right now. :allears:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I don't know what you guys are talkin about it says right there in his av

A lifetime of loyalty :colbert:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I told yall about Cam.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

he's always been a broncos fan

read his title it's right there

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
It's easy to confuse bad posts with steelers fans posts so its an easy mix up

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Mike Ditka?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Please quote your Pillar of Salt burn from last week or weeks before aftermath, I looked but couldn't find it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

With the exception of Fiz, hope you Carolina fans make the best of this. You'll probably be back in it sooner than not.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i will not hear people spread lies and slander about my friend mel mudkiper that he was once a steelers fan

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dont you see his avatar? Lifelong Broncos fan.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Please quote your Pillar of Salt burn from last week or weeks before aftermath, I looked but couldn't find it.

Look for under his Steelers fan post history.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did you turn back to look at Sodom or something because you are just a big pile of salt lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm going to bed but just for a reference:

Cam Newton threw a catch that was called incomplete after review. It was a catch.
Roby held on a critical third down catch and was not called.
Cam Newton threw and incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble. It was not.
Derek Wolfe hit Cam after he threw a football and it was not flagged.

These are critical, game-changing flags and outcomes that were incorrect, as called on the field.

Bad calls, yes, but not game changers. Bad reffing that can be played over. And wasn't. :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Holla if you love ugly defensive slugfests

yiss

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WHOOPS posted:

Look for under his Steelers fan post history.

Minitruth strikes again.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

BlindSite posted:

I didnt close it.

lol you were talking so much poo poo about winning the big game, and how your team got better every week, and a whole bunch of other dumb stuff.

Salty.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Mel Mudkiper is a fan of the Denver Broncos. Mel Mudkiper has always been a fan of the Denver Broncos. Also, Parmesan Basil is LARPing as Lot's Wife, and Petey has disturbing fetishes.

What's up, fellow Bible referencer :c00l:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/TecmoGodfather/status/694662592741027842

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I love von miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet