Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

just loving lol at teams that lose super bowls

pretty much this

:smugbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So can we talk about Ron Rivera punting down 2 scores with 2:08 left in the loving Super Bowl here? I mean yeah if they go for it there they probably lose, they didn't go for it and definitely lost.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

b0ng posted:

Big Ben 2005

the record takes regular season into account

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm going to bed but just for a reference:

Cam Newton threw a catch that was called incomplete after review. It was a catch.
Roby held on a critical third down catch and was not called.
Cam Newton threw and incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble. It was not.
Derek Wolfe hit Cam after he threw a football and it was not flagged.

These are critical, game-changing flags and outcomes that were incorrect, as called on the field.

If cams second fumble was incomplete then so was Peyton's last fumble, they were literally the same thing

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Refs were Denver's MVP this game.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:smug:

Broncos, bitch

Gonna take my baby to the parade

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

And yet more salt arrives!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't think that parm has ever been right about anything in his life

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Posted in Wrong thread.

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/696543505741516801

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't think that parm has ever been right about anything in his life

The Alex Smith fan club welcomes you

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Even peyton manning would probably look gorgeous to him right now :sun:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Roasted Donut posted:

you can see the second his dinner table superiority disappears

Hilarious and true now that I look at it.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

We loving dragged Peyton to get that 2nd ring, 200th win, and all sorts of other things everyone has been hanging over his head and blown it out of the house. I'm loving pumped and luckily racing is back so yaaaaaaaaaaay get to continue this stuff going after the past 2 weekends with the super bowl and 2 good endurance races.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Cam not diving on that fumble was so loving bizarre.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ludwig van Halen posted:

lol bitch

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Go Vols

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wade Philips and Ware getting rings. How you like them Broncos, Jerry?

Thoughts:

- Compared to what we've come to expect from Cam, he did not play well. He sailed some early passes, held on to the ball too long, and didn't protect the ball well enough.

- The Panthers wide receiver situation finally came home to roost. The just did not have anyone who could make a contested catch tonight. So many drops.

- The Panthers just seem really unprepared for the pressure of this game. They played with almost no urgency in the second half, had so many stupid, stupid penalties and other unforced mistakes.

- The athleticism of the Denver defense was simply amazing. And even though I'm annoyed that Manning got his old butt dragged to another Lombardi, everyone on the other side of the ball deserves this win when you consider the three elite offenses they had to shutdown to get it.

"ugh, no more taunting at Thanksgiving dinner"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 8, 2016

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The rule that a team has to "win" both challenges in order to get another one is the stupidest thing. If coach's challenge was successful, why not let them do another freebie?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you can't take a loving Jordan pic, 1) :laffo: 2) see you in 6 months :byewhore:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

super bowl baby

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NC-17 posted:

Wade Philips and Ware getting rings. How you like them Broncos, Jerry?

I wish KSK wasn't dead so we could get one more Wade and Jerry post.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
congrats to the broncos fans. that defense was absolutely lethal and was cool to watch. I'm glad Von Miller won the MVP award.

Tough game for the Panthers. Receivers really showed their weaknesses today, especially cotchery (not counting the miscue by the refs, didn't he have like 3 drops?). KB can't get back soon enough, nor can the panthers not pick up some receivers from free agency. Cam played pretty well (he had some bad passes, but I think the drops outnumbered those) and so did the defense. Lots of things to keep working on next year. Really happy the season turned out how it did (minus the SB loss, of course), and I'm really looking forward to next year.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I think...

Defense wins championships

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

So can we talk about Ron Rivera punting down 2 scores with 2:08 left in the loving Super Bowl here? I mean yeah if they go for it there they probably lose, they didn't go for it and definitely lost.

That, and wasting two challenges so early.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grittybeard posted:

It's 4th and 24 from the endzone and Cam was getting mauled all night. Kicking it to midfield and hope for a muff or a fumble or something is as legit a strategy as anything at that point.

Like, normally, you can make the argument that you go for it, but Cam had no time and his receivers were making no plays. He bet on his defense because his offense was playing like garbage.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Poco posted:

Cam played pretty well

uhh

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Grittybeard posted:

how riverboat ron lost his groove

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm legitimately happy for most of the Broncos players, especially Hillman.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I'm happy that Peyton tied Eli for rings. I'm glad he beat Favres winning record. It's cool that he's retiring on top

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cam just walked away from the post game presser. Get ready for the hottest takes after his presser.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

PrinceRandom posted:

I think...

Defense wins championships

As I said before I like to imagine after SB48 Peyton walked up to Elway, pointed to the Legion of Boom, and said "get me one of those"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

canyoneer posted:

The rule that a team has to "win" both challenges in order to get another one is the stupidest thing. If coach's challenge was successful, why not let them do another freebie?

Yeah, should be you can challenge til you lose 2 if the whole point is to actually get it right as opposed to just making a token effort

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cam is kind of acting like a bitch in his press conference. Obviously you aren't gonna be happy but drat

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
WOO BRONCOS!

What an excellent performance for our defense, If they could give out more MVPs I'd give props to our entire front seven and CJ Anderson for toting the load like a champion against 8 man fronts. Malik Jackson and CJ Anderson get Super Bowl TDs, Von gets a Super Bowl MVP, and Peyton leaves the Broncos. This day has been outstanding. The Panthers looked flat and tired, they had seemed to use up all of their swagger before the game even started. Cam wasn't excited on the sidelines, not even at the start of the game. He was tired and exhausted, and it showed tonight. The Panthers were getting open early, but they couldn't connect, and it spiraled downward into poor decisions and two fumbles leading to Broncos TDs.

Congrats to the rest of the league, though this definitely qualifies as a weird rear end season. We pulled our starter, Osweiler gives the offense a spark for a few weeks before fading out at the end. Then he gets pulled, and the old fogey comes in and gives our offense enough of a spark to take Home Field Advantage. And then the defense gets back on the form it had at the start of the season, and just teed off on the Steelers, Patriots and Panthers, three of the best offenses this season. What a loving ride this was, and I am just so excited right now. I was clenching my butthole in terror every single Peyton dropback this season, and somehow this team carried him to a Super Bowl. I am so happy.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Not a Colbert thread but my bff von Miller is here

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

mel i'm really happy that you, a lifetime broncos fan, got to see your team win a super bowl in your adult life :unsmith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

18/41 265 yards 0TD 1Int truly an MVP performance for the ages.

And don't anybody say his recievers failed him, they did him no favors but he was constantly air mailing passes all game too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

mel i'm really happy that you, a lifetime broncos fan, got to see your team win a super bowl in your adult life :unsmith:

thanks, it feels great

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Talib is a crazy person with a voice that suits it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Harlock posted:

Cam just walked away from the post game presser. Get ready for the hottest takes after his presser.

Nah, I think people will give the guy some credit after a really tough loss and not say anything too stupid.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cam is kind of acting like a bitch in his press conference. Obviously you aren't gonna be happy but drat

Hm.

• Locked thread