Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Great game. Great finish. Peyton Manning is goat, John Elway is vice-goat.

Oh no, no no no. This won't do. No this won't do at all.

Mods, can you please fix this situation? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Ahaha, this post-game commentary on Peyton is fantastically awful.

"I know Peyton didn't play a great game but my hat is off to him for playing. You know, being there and stuff. Hell of a player to exist on the field."

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Please quote your Pillar of Salt burn from last week or weeks before aftermath, I looked but couldn't find it.

Look for under his Steelers fan post history.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
can anyone provide some actual examples of posts in this topic of being called a racist for criticizing Cam?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

TBQH I think Cam got faked out by Ware's hand flying in. It looked like the back of Ware's hand was gonna knock it in the direction Cam started leaning.

If Cam were to have said he thought the ball was going to be knocked behind him and he tried to quickly change direction resulting in his awkward jump, I'd believe. For now, it looks like he completely brain farted at a critical moment.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Learning that Petey was into freakish muscle women was something I didn't need to know.

Agreed and now I'm into freakish muscle women, which is also something I didn't need to know.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

It just occurred to me that the two opponents the Panthers had the misfortune to come up against in the Superbowl were the Tom Brady Patriots and the Peyton Manning Broncos.

Well those 2 have have represented the AFC in, what, 10 of the last 15 Super Bowls?

Meanwhile the Seahawks have faced Roethlisberger, Manning and Brady, which is 13 of the last 15 Super Bowls.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, everyone, stop doing that thing that isn't happening.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't think anyone is calling the 15 Broncos one of the greatest defenses of all time but you are wrong as gently caress if you don't think that game was one of the greatest defensive performances ever.

The 13 Seahawks WERE one of the greatest defenses the NFL has ever seen. Their performance in the SB wasn't as profound as Denver's was this year, but I think overall the Seahawks in 13 were a better defense than the Broncos this year.

For real, neither of these points should be controversial. Denver held a team that averaged over 30+ points per game to 10 points while at the same time directly scoring/setting up 17 points for the offense. It was a phenomenal performance.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
With the ways Denver can bring pressure, it should be called a stampede.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

With the way they killed off the Panthers their nickname should be "the systematic destruction of natural habit by human agriculture"

A bad effort on both our parts.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fsif posted:

The state of the turf regulation in the NFL is really pretty loving unacceptable:

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/697443794866798592

Holy poo poo it's like a real life electric football.

How the gently caress is the turf at Levi's so bad? Like, I get why places like Pittsburgh (overuse), Chicago (poor maintenance) or Houston (those loving pallets) have crappy surfaces but is it just bad design with Levi's or what?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

will_colorado posted:

Elway made the comparison of Von Miller to Thomas when the Broncos drafted him. Saying that Thomas was the most difficult defender he ever had to play against.

As great as it was to watch a guy with Thomas' ability play, even if it was for a division rival. My favorite story about Thomas was from that game in 1998 when Shannon Sharpe was saying his girlfriend's phone number when they would line up for a play. Thomas just kept getting more, more, and more pissed off the entire 4th quarter. The Chiefs defense just had a complete meltdown on the final drive of the game and Denver just walked into the end zone.

Holy moly this is a great story
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25304899/tbt-that-time-shannon-sharpe-made-derrick-thomas-lose-his-mind

quote:

By the time the Broncos began their final touchdown drive on their own 20, they had a commanding 23-7 lead. And that's when things got weird. In 11 plays -- 10 of which were Derek Loville runs -- the Chiefs were flagged five times for unsportsmanlike conduct. FIVE. Those penalties accounted for 75 of the 80 yards Denver traveled before Loville eventually scored the game's final touchdown.

Derrick Thomas had three personal fouls on the drive and was suspended by the team.

quote:

And after Thomas' suspension, Sharpe was just as ruthless: "Not many guys can trash-talk a guy into getting suspended by his own team," he said. "It was my finest moment."

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Oh my goodness :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
if you read breitbart, yeah

• Locked thread