Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the following are some pretty reasonable statements:

1) Neither offense played well. The Broncos offense was pretty putrid in general and the Panthers offense kept making back breaking errors. Cam was running for his life the entire game and literally hitting guys in the hands and they still dropped it, I don't think you can judge him too harshly on this one.
2) Both defenses played very well. The Panthers defense was really good, but the Broncos defense was downright monstrous, absolutely unstoppable. Ware and Miller is like literal cheat codes.
3) The reffing standard wasn't the deciding factor, but it was pretty bad and probably hurt the Panthers more than the Broncos.
4) The Panthers really need some receivers.
5) Thank gently caress the Patriots weren't in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel bad for Fitz.

God this game loving sucked. Poorly played on both sides.

This wasn't a poorly played game, it was an extremely well played defensive game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Got that right.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Colbert is pretty great right now. :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grittybeard posted:

So can we talk about Ron Rivera punting down 2 scores with 2:08 left in the loving Super Bowl here? I mean yeah if they go for it there they probably lose, they didn't go for it and definitely lost.

It's 4th and 24 from the endzone and Cam was getting mauled all night. Kicking it to midfield and hope for a muff or a fumble or something is as legit a strategy as anything at that point.

Like, normally, you can make the argument that you go for it, but Cam had no time and his receivers were making no plays. He bet on his defense because his offense was playing like garbage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Harlock posted:

Cam just walked away from the post game presser. Get ready for the hottest takes after his presser.

Nah, I think people will give the guy some credit after a really tough loss and not say anything too stupid.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cam is kind of acting like a bitch in his press conference. Obviously you aren't gonna be happy but drat

Hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BFoz23/status/696554839388647425

Was this loving seriously the question? :catstare:

• Locked thread