Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Welp the bakery has been down for 7 hours of this 8 hour shift and ive never once been asked to clock out. Literally got paid to do nothing today. I hear noght shift is gonna be staying all night doing our job haha lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
7am, im sleep deprived as gently caress, time for the kids to wake up to get ready for school... all 7 at once... leave me alone you little fucker, ow, hey! stop that! OH GOD WHY IS THERE THAT MUCH PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS D:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
On days where I don't have to teach I work from like, 10am to 2pm and it rules.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
*Passes by exhausted night crew ready to leave*

"Good morning!!! Going home eh? So lucky!"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gets in 30mins early to rub balls all over OP's mouse and keyboard.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

spud posted:

Gets in 30mins early to rub balls all over OP's mouse and keyboard.

spoiler alert: i don't use a computer at my job

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"I live a fulfilling life with time for adult hobbies and making friends".

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

spoiler alert: i don't use a computer at my job

He meant your home computer. He breaks in 30 minutes before you get home and smears his sweaty balls all over them

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I hate it when the prior shift leaves you with poo poo to do.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

jBrereton posted:

"I live a fulfilling life with time for adult hobbies and making friends".

"i have shift sleep disorder and haven't socialized in a month because i go home and drink at 9:30am then sleep all day"

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I know for a fact the usual morning crew does nothing where I work. 99% of the time I get put on night shift and get left with tons of poo poo to do by the first crew, yet the few times I have worked mid or morning shifts I get everything 100% done and keep things that way till I leave.

tbh i dont know how people don't get bored being paid to do almost nothing.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
*3 hour crossover time for night and day shift*

*freshly awoken day shifter sits on phone and does nothing while nightshifters near the end of their 10 hours run around frantically doing everything*

*asks night shift to make him coffee*

:argh:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Would you consider sexually gratifying strangers for money to be your day job or night job?

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

subhuman filth posted:

Would you consider sexually gratifying strangers for money to be your day job or night job?

weekend job

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Maybe you shouldnt have a loser dead end job hth op

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
*needed clarification from night shift on a time clock issue, gonna wait til 2p to call you at home and ask about something that could have easily waited until handoff*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i can make dental appointments for whenever the gently caress i want during any day of the week without having to look at my work schedule :)

*falls asleep in dentists chair*

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
*looks at post it note on monitor*

*clicks link in email*

HOLY poo poo GUYS! Ted Cruz DOES look like a de-sexualized furry drawing

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

*starts a pillow fight right before midnighters come in* bitch

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
You'd think working an eight hour shift over night would be fine and the body would eventually adjust but I think it's hard coded genetics for our rear end to sleep when la luna is out because you just end up being tired all the time no matter if you sleep properly during the day or not

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Shaquin posted:

You'd think working an eight hour shift over night would be fine and the body would eventually adjust but I think it's hard coded genetics for our rear end to sleep when la luna is out because you just end up being tired all the time no matter if you sleep properly during the day or not

i worked 3 months on a third shift and by the end of it I was more depressed than I'd ever been and I would go to sleep when I got home and basically sleep till my shift started. I pretty much only got up to do laundry and sadly shove some kind of easy to prepare food down my throat hole

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

I used to work like 10pm till 8am once a week and wed do lots of speed amd finish all the work in a few hours then do more speed and furiously smoke ciggies

Hell yeah working night shift was awesome

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Day shift guardian of the night shift

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
the company bought donuts for us?! oh man how nice of them. I'm going to eat ALL OF THEM. what, night shift? gently caress those guys, they probably eat paste, what use do they have for pastries

:sludgepal: now I'm gonna go out and never actually use the walkie-talkie I'm supposed to use because I'm 80 years old and don't understand technology, but I don't want to resign and give my position to a younger hire who would know what they're doing and could actually get more use from the money

gently caress

poo poo

gently caress

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

hemophilia posted:

i worked 3 months on a third shift and by the end of it I was more depressed than I'd ever been and I would go to sleep when I got home and basically sleep till my shift started. I pretty much only got up to do laundry and sadly shove some kind of easy to prepare food down my throat hole

That was my daily routine for 7 months at a 24/7 retail environment. Get home at 9am, somehow manage to sleep until 11:30pm. Still tired.

Everyone's social life was non-existent except for workplace interaction. Micromanaging supervisors, inescapable workplace drama, the amplified sound of Christmas music running for 3 months straight all night long. The freaks all shop at night too.

Edit: you see a co-worker from training who had been promoted to day shift a few months ago during the shift changeover "Oh hey! Yeah I got moved to day shift! Everything is so much better! Are you coming to the company bbq? Yeah I guess you would have to sleep. Well I'm gonna not organize anything on the racks all day today, that's your job!"

Backweb fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 9, 2016

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
once more into the void, my fellow nocturnals

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Good luck. If i find you sleeping on the couch, i'll make coffee .

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i havent slept since the war, op

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the lazy fucks sleep all night in the server room anyways

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm the left over coconut chocolate cake turning to rock in the break room counter that's meant for night crew.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
instead of taking out the trash I'm just going to continue cramming poo poo into the bin until it is too full to remove the bag without ripping it, then I'm just going to leave it like that when I go home

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
honestly the worst part of night shift is the fever dreams where youre in some hosed up version of work with your high school teachers as your managers while youre still adjusting to it

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'll stab you

*stirs the cremora in the instant coffee styro*

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
None of this awful poo poo applies to my life, but I salute you night shift ppl nonetheless.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

hemophilia posted:

yeah but you make like fifty cents more an hour on night shift dude it's totally worth it

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

A.Barnum posted:

Good luck. If i find you sleeping on the couch, i'll make coffee .

coffee, plz, im fading fast here

Robot Randy posted:

honestly the worst part of night shift is the fever dreams where youre in some hosed up version of work with your high school teachers as your managers while youre still adjusting to it

for me it's nightmares about the really violent kid in the house, who's already cut my face, attacking me and my coworker not helping :(

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Get hosed.

<3 Night Shift.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rime posted:

Get hosed.

<3 Night Shift.

thathonkey posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wicker Man posted:

I'm the left over coconut chocolate cake turning to rock in the break room counter that's meant for night crew.

I'm the same cake left over the next morning that Frederick from receivable is trying to do the math on if the inside piece is still good.

• Locked thread