Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i had two good vibe games last night, one was solo q one was not

gold nova is fun relaxing cs territory now where i can just shoot mans and not care

okay that's my story

e: new page.. uhhhhh uh 1.2@400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

New OP doesn't even have a section on KZ????? I rate this thread 5/7 and other associated memes

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

if this doesn't make it into the game, there is no god

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Too bad it's not for the Nova.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Solo Q has gotten a lot better since the de-rank-a-thon. Two matches yesterday, first would have ended in a tie, but the guy on our team with $10K decieded to drop at the start of the round. Second match ended up 16-13 and no one was really far and away better skilled then the rest of us, scores were all around 15-20 kills each.

Game is finally good and balanced at dmg/le?

I am still terrible and make dumb mistakes all the time.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The game became a lot more enjoyable for me once I started playing Faceit premium almost exclusively.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Last few weeks I've been running at a 75% win rate, but lost 4 of 6 last night. Most of those losses were thanks to teams that force bought every round rather than saving, didn't make callouts or their callouts were "everyone is B" despite only seeing a couple people, etc.

Basically, matchmaking isn't fixed but it's not absolute poo poo. It just sucks when you get grouped with a bunch of shitters multiple games in a row.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Curious if anyone has speculation on what happens when you get kicked by a team after the last round. I was playing with a lovely 3 man group after 1 person abandoned on the 1st round. After 2nd fragging the whole game and dealing with their constant comments after they were dead.
'Yellow lost that round for us'
'Yellow go back to COD'
'Yellow you suck so bad'
'OMG yellow you're spray' etc etc etc...
And doing my best to ignore it. I finally snapped towards the end of the match and told them to just kick me. They all loving suck etc. It really hurt my feelings guys :'(

Anywho, they kicked me after the last round. Curious if the round still counts or not. It shows up in my recent plays.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
I've gotten so used to playing goonmans and having teammates who actually communicate and cooperate and aren't total toxic pieces of trash that I've forgotten how to carry in solo q (because playing to carry when you can't rely on your team requires you to do some really weird/unconventional pubstar poo poo).

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

SealHammer posted:

I've gotten so used to playing goonmans and having teammates who actually communicate and cooperate and aren't total toxic pieces of trash that I've forgotten how to carry in solo q (because playing to carry when you can't rely on your team requires you to do some really weird/unconventional pubstar poo poo).
Carrying can make you feel like a boss though, I'm a GN2 and was queued with another GN2, and I think a S1, S3, and another S3 and they were just getting obliterated. We were behind bad T side on Nuke, and near the end I went on a rampage and had won us 5 rounds in a row with 3 or 4 kills each round up to a 16-14 defeat. Was dropping bombs on people on Inferno after that but we still had a close loss because even when you're above and beyond who you're fighting it's still tough to win when 3 of your teammates can't be relied upon to do simple things like trade an entry frag or even hold a position competently.

Speaking of goonmans though, I want to get into it but the OP is a bit of a mess with it. The buttmen brigade server isn't even found in the CS community search and the sub.io one was showing empty all last night when I was checking.

e: toxic trash sucks too, I've had to unfriend two people in like a week that were just being poo poo on the mic, either endlessly venting out their frustrations on the mic or endlessly poo poo talking other people on the team, you can't win with poo poo like that going on

metallicaeg fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 10, 2016

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

metallicaeg posted:

Carrying can make you feel like a boss though, I'm a GN2 and was queued with another GN2, and I think a S1, S3, and another S3 and they were just getting obliterated. We were behind bad T side on Nuke, and near the end I went on a rampage and had won us 5 rounds in a row with 3 or 4 kills each round up to a 16-14 defeat. Was dropping bombs on people on Inferno after that but we still had a close loss because even when you're above and beyond who you're fighting it's still tough to win when 3 of your teammates can't be relied upon to do simple things like trade an entry frag or even hold a position competently.

Speaking of goonmans though, I want to get into it but the OP is a bit of a mess with it. The buttmen brigade server isn't even found in the CS community search and the sub.io one was showing empty all last night when I was checking.

Buttmen Brigade is dead. Sub.io is used frequently, but we usually populate it with announcements through the steam group. Feel free to link the PGS thread in the OP.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I need to kick Necco's rear end considering how much he phoned in the OP by just copy and pasting from the other thread. Buttman Brigade has been down for a long time now and the OP has zero mention of sub.io, and it even still refers for people to message coLe in order to join the CS:GOONS group, which is asinine. Either join the group chat and see if someone will send you an invite from there, or gently caress it, I volunteer for people to message/add me (turk) and I'll put them into the group myself. poo poo, does coLe even still read this thread, or does all he do is kz?

NECCO! FIX THIS poo poo YOU SLACKER!

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 10, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Either join the group chat and see if someone will send you an invite from there
The group chat might as well be as dead as Buttman Brigade.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I need to kick Necco's rear end considering how much he phoned in the OP by just copy and pasting from the other thread. Buttman Brigade has been down for a long time now and the OP has zero mention of sub.io, and it even still refers for people to message coLe in order to join the CS:GOONS group, which is asinine. Either join the group chat and see if someone will send you an invite from there, or gently caress it, I volunteer for people to message/add me (turk) and I'll put them into the group myself. poo poo, does coLe even still read this thread, or does all he do is kz?

also please add my new csgroup to the op: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blankspacebb

we are a community of gaymers of all ranks who want to play good games of counter-strike: global offensive but also have a good time with GOODVIBES©

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

sterster posted:

Curious if anyone has speculation on what happens when you get kicked by a team after the last round. I was playing with a lovely 3 man group after 1 person abandoned on the 1st round. After 2nd fragging the whole game and dealing with their constant comments after they were dead.
'Yellow lost that round for us'
'Yellow go back to COD'
'Yellow you suck so bad'
'OMG yellow you're spray' etc etc etc...
And doing my best to ignore it. I finally snapped towards the end of the match and told them to just kick me. They all loving suck etc. It really hurt my feelings guys :'(

Anywho, they kicked me after the last round. Curious if the round still counts or not. It shows up in my recent plays.

It still counts. I know this because I've up and down ranked after matches that I've being kicked from finish.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

op sucks, thread sucks, your sens sucks, you suck, I suck, NA sucks, valve sucks, MM sucks, csgo sucks

tec9 doesn't suck

edit: pros cheat

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 10, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

op sucks, thread sucks, your sens sucks, you suck, I suck, NA sucks, valve sucks, MM sucks, csgo sucks

tec9 doesn't suck

*wastes life getting better at game which sucks*

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

qhat posted:

*wastes life getting better at game which sucks*

Honestly, I love fighting games, CS, and Quake but at this point I feel like all time put into becoming really good at games is transient at best and a total waste of time at worst. Real hard to put in any practice time or anything without feeling that way now. I think I got old.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Faffel posted:

Honestly, I love fighting games, CS, and Quake but at this point I feel like all time put into becoming really good at games is transient at best and a total waste of time at worst. Real hard to put in any practice time or anything without feeling that way now. I think I got old.

lol what are you going to do, go have sex or something? pffffft

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You should try it sometime, A TURGID FATSO.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

A TURGID FATSO posted:

He should watch tourneys and post about how all the pros cheat instead.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Buttman Brigade has been down for a long time now

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Absolutely not, but I feel like a musical instrument is like learning a really hard videogame but people appreciate it.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

AugmentedVision posted:

He should watch tourneys and post about how all the pros cheat instead.

:roflolmao: it seems to be euros for the most part too :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYllUMj87d8&t=26s

:smith:

Faffel posted:

Absolutely not, but I feel like a musical instrument is like learning a really hard videogame but people appreciate it.

For real do this. Creating music is awesome.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 10, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Daily reminder to not mm with goons

Papa xen saving you some heartache and rankache

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Unfortunately I did not have the foresight to save the video of the time we Deag League'd a streamer to near tears. The video has since been removed from the guy's Twitch channel. I only have this gif as a consolation if you want to replace the link to the video in the OP.
http://gfycat.com/FemaleAdmirableBarb

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Faffel posted:

I pull out my frag vids on my phone in a bar and all the honeys are jumpin' on my bone.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm pretty sure I've won the vast majority of games I've mm'd with goons from goonmans.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm pretty sure I've won the vast majority of games I've mm'd with goons from goonmans.

:v:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Sorry

edit: It's fixed now. I'm leaving the chatroom link because I just opened it and people were actually idling in it like old times. Also while I was back on the first page:

Up Circle posted:

did not read

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 11, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I skimmed thru the OP again and noticed the recommendation for either an AK or M4A1-S for best bang for the buck. RIP days where the M4A1 was $2900 and fired as fast as an A4.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

poo poo OP. Can we get a new thread and not a used thread?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Yeah, let me make a new one. Warning: it may contain 'xp' strats.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Yo, if anyone wants to mm queue with me I'm usually down for a pug Tue/Thu/Sun from like 6:45PST-8:15PST or there abouts (or randomly other times, that's just my built in cs:go time). I'm SEM (got my rank during the rank shift and things got kinda weird). Add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/drjeffgoldblum/ I pretty much only ever queue mirage so you'll have to yell at me a lot on what callouts are if we play another map. But that should be okay because if you're playing with me we're probably both clawing our way up from silver.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
took a month off and came back to no rank and have lost 3 14-16s in a row solo q

:(

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Do you guys think Simple is really mad or just used to poo poo teammates?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
As long as Adrens playing on that team it will be poo poo.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

As long as Adrens playing on that team it will be poo poo.

Seriously, he is loving awful. He may possibly be the worst player of all NA pros, doesn't matter if he's igl or not. You cannot keep consistently laying eggs like that and expect your team to accelerate into the upper echelon of competition.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I bet he's already missing the days when he had to worry about Markeloff showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

frod just clowned s1mple through the smoke :circlefap: