Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MacDougall posted:

I've kind of been watching WWE in the hopes that D Bry would come back. Now that I know he isn't I don't really care anymore.

I hope you have found closure and not despair in this. However, I did say US, so please say O.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I said it before, maybe on here I don't remember: as a fan of Bryan Danielson I felt my primary responsibility was to his health and well being, and I'm not changing my mind now. If retirement is best, then que sera, sera.

We'll always have that it wasn't his own failing to be a main event draw, that it wasn't the WWE sacrificing him on the alter of Cena or Reigns or whatever, that it was just cruel chance and the sad fact that the choices in your life sometimes turn out terrible even if they themselves are not terrible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vince using his Lich powers to steal Bryan's life force.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
It was a Daniel Bryan match in early 2013 that I saw while channel surfing that made me a fan of wrestling. WrestleMania 30 was one of the greatest events I've ever watched. I love The American Dragon and I hope he has a long and happy life in retirement. :)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

vince: "why couldn't you have been a tall samoan you son of a bitch"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I hope you have found closure and not despair in this. However, I did say US, so please say O.

DAY ROCKS

I'll need to go back and watch some of his old matches, I came back at Wrestlemania so I didn't get to enjoy him long.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

nooneofconsequence posted:

He said he was going to gently caress Brie a lot and the crowd did the "yes" chant and he said "That's what Brie says!"

Yeah that was funny

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked the parts where AJ Styles was on the HighLight Reel, that guy tried to get Braun Strowman to SHOW HIS FACE, and the Dudleys turned heel. I'm bittersweet about the retirement.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Tweak posted:

vince: "why couldn't you have been a tall samoan you son of a bitch"

He did say something that I don't think Bryan liked the way he turned after Vince let go with a wtf look on his face.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

nooneofconsequence posted:

He said he was going to gently caress Brie a lot and the crowd did the "yes" chant and he said "That's what Brie says!"
Then of course many of the fans started chanting "Holy poo poo!".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bye, Bryan :smith:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

This is vinceflex caliber Vince here.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
loving smarks missed their one opportunity to chant "Come on Brie"

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I hope he stays retired though

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

"A deal's a deal Bryan...the sniper is taking the crosshairs off Brie."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I got to see Foley live, I got to see Eddie Guerrero live, I never got to see Bryan live to complete my top three.

Thank you Bryan.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Could someone post an image of Bryan's face after hugging Vince? I missed it.

Also, can someone post a gif of Vince throwing down with Titus?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Godspeed, Daniel Bryan. Punk may have drawn me into wrestling again, but you kept me watching. Godspeed.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i got to see kane launch a fire extinguisher at him live so i am happy

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

electric funeral posted:

loving smarks missed their one opportunity to chant "Come on Brie"

That's not really conducive to parenthood

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkhvDJgOWXY

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
You have to really congratulate the guy on beating the odds. He never looked like a WWE guy, he certainly wasn't the size of one and didn't wrestle like one. Not only did he get there, but he owned the place. A guy that indie fans almost unanimously considered the best wrestler in the world who seemed to be no chance of ever being in the position he deserved to be (top of the heap in WWE) did indeed get there to the point where he got to retire on their flagship show in a segment that won't be forgotten by people who watched it. Ironically it was outside the ring that got him over, the heel run when he won the WHC feuding with Big Show and Henry that lead to the Sheamus loss was so different to Danielson we were used to seeing, he really revealed that he wasn't just a great wrestler but he was an extremely good performer heel/face in and out of the ring. He'll be my fave of all time forever.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Grozz Nuy posted:

That's not really conducive to parenthood

It's a work

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The first and only time I saw Bryan live at ROH Steel Cage Warfare back in 2005.

I actually missed the finish of the match to go to the vending machines to get a soda and it took a while because my dollar wasn't going in it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

He was the best, the industry is far worse for losing him, but I'm incredibly glad he got out while he was healthy, young and rich and hopefully will get to stay that way. I also hope someday when the sting of not wrestling wears off they'll convince him to work as a trainer at NXT or something.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time wrestling made me cry without someone's tragic way-too-soon death being involved, so that was nice.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulS9wISdLk

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So. Bryan goin' in the Hall of Fame this year or next year?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Go RV! posted:

The crowd was chanting YES, and Bryan said "That's what Brie says ALL THE TIME"

I think that was the first time in my life that I've cried and laughed at the same moment

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i wouldnt really call bryan danielson "healthy" in retirement

hes half deaf, the slightest bump could have severe consequences, he has trouble seeing out of one eye

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you read between the lines, daniel bryan might be having sex with brie bella

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Teddybear posted:

So. Bryan goin' in the Hall of Fame this year or next year?

The Edge Precedent dictates that it happens the year immediately following retirement, but this year's class may already be set.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Healthier than dead.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daniel Bryan is the greatest wrestler ever and the reason I watch wrestling at all. I loving cried at the end there. I really don't know what else to say.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Forceholy posted:

Godspeed, Daniel Bryan. Punk may have drawn me into wrestling again, but you kept me watching. Godspeed.

Same here. I had a brief understanding of who Bryan was when he first showed up on NXT, but I quickly learned why people loved him. Thank you for everything, Bryan.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Fffff

Danielson/Morishima was one of the greatest things I ever saw live, along with Regal/Benoit at the Pillman tribute show.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The Edge Precedent dictates that it happens the year immediately following retirement, but this year's class may already be set.

They already established Sting as the headliner, so I bet he could headline next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bryan is the greatest and the dudleyz suck rear end

• Locked thread