Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think somebody said he'd already turned down a bunch of non-wrestling roles. Makes sense, he admitted in his book that Sara Del Ray was good despite feeling like he couldn't really figure out how to use his expertise in way that he could pass it on. Great athletes don't always make great teachers, I guess. Ted Williams had the same problem.

Here's a interesting fact: Some time ago, Bryan was in a NWA title tournament, I think the one that happened after they broke off from TNA. Rumour had it he was supposed to win that tourney until he got injured. Had he won and everything else worked out similarly, he would be the only wrestler to hold the lineal WCW title, the WWE title, the ROH title, and the NWA title.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hahaha did he just say "gently caress off" while you geeked out? I'm picturing him just looking at a bottle of Jim Beam and not looking at you while saying it.

I haven't accidentally ran into someone I see on the teevee before so I totally spazzed out and told him he was awesome (true) and my favorite wrestler (false, but like top 3). He gave me a look like I just tried to hand him a dead bird and said "ah, hey, thanks man" and turned away. It was the correct response on his part, tbh.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Figures this would happen the when I'm on vacation.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

So idk what happened but on Raw last night but the last half an hour was just some dude with a beard talking and doing no wrestling. I muted it and did some housework while I waited for someone to run in so they could start wrestling but nothing happened. Hope I never see that boring punk again and Vince learns that wrestling shows should be about wrestling and while that involves drama it shouldn't include 30 minute monologues.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

team overhead smash posted:

So idk what happened but on Raw last night but the last half an hour was just some dude with a beard talking and doing no wrestling. I muted it and did some housework while I waited for someone to run in so they could start wrestling but nothing happened. Hope I never see that boring punk again and Vince learns that wrestling shows should be about wrestling and while that involves drama it shouldn't include 30 minute monologues.

:can::yikes:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

There is some inherent comedy in the idea of Vince "realizing that a wrestling show should be about wrestling", though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 9, 2016

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

team wrong about everything

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This gimmick is already very tired

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You should voluntarily check yourself into a dungeon and live there.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Best post in the thread

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That DICK! posted:

This gimmick is already very tired

He is the Dolph Ziggler of PSP.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

You kinda gave the gimmick away with that last sentence dude, should have kept it out to make it more believable.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Look at this bad post

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

He is the Dolph Ziggler of PSP.

Hey man, could you tone it down a bit? That post annoyed me too but no need to be this harsh.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think somebody said he'd already turned down a bunch of non-wrestling roles.

i bet because he knows eventually he'd crack and either shoot sneak into an ongoing match or just jump through the ropes to the outside in a suit for fun

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Seriously though is Roman Reigns new gimmick supposed to be awkward third wheel who is just sorta there? Do they expect Ambrose and Lesnars overness to transfer over to him via some form of osmosis?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Korelle posted:

In non Daniel Bryan related news. WWE are doing a fantastic job of building up to Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar at Fastlane.

Also there's some random Samoan dude who keeps hanging around them, dunno why.

It's been a very good build that has given Ambrose a lot to work with. So much so, I find myself hoping against all hopes that he wins.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it's almost certainly just to distract people with brock vs dean for wrestlemania so they're not red hot focused with anger at the main event

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Spikeguy posted:

It's been a very good build that has given Ambrose a lot to work with. So much so, I find myself hoping against all hopes that he wins.

I am ok with it since Dean can make chicken poo poo into chicken salad when it comes to promo's, his work post shield break up in 2014 was good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

hey good brother if you're looking for hot action, check out "The Game" aka "The Cerebral Assassin"" aka "The Asskicker" aka "The King Of Kings" Triple H vs " The Icon" aka "The Showstopper" aka "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels in their famous Hell in a Cell from Bad Blood 2004! It's a match with both of them in it, so it's very good!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Or its modern day successor, Dean vs Seth in a Ladder Match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Korelle posted:

Seriously though is Roman Reigns new gimmick supposed to be awkward third wheel who is just sorta there? Do they expect Ambrose and Lesnars overness to transfer over to him via some form of osmosis?

His gimmick is to get HHH over.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Ryback should track down that lady from the 04 Diva Search who famously said "my butt is hungry" before sitting on a pie and marry her

I agree, Ryback should go to TNA

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ZDar Fan posted:

I agree, Ryback should go to TNA

I really would enjoy seeing Mecca talk about how he was the difference maker they needed to defeat the WWEnemy

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
team overhead smash is fine keep posting

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I just ran into Dean Ambrose in a downtown Seattle Walgreens, made a dumb fanboy out of myself, and he was in no mood to meet a fan at 7:30 a.m. But I bring it up because I found him in the liquor section, of course. It was just perfect. :allears:

this is actually pretty depressing if true

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

super macho dude posted:

It doesn't mean he's drinking it at 7:30am. He was probably loading up for the drive to Smackdown, doesn't he travel on a bus with Jericho and the Usos?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Brock needs to find Human Tornado and learn the secret of being immune to the low blow.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

bradzilla posted:

It doesn't mean he's drinking it at 7:30am. He was probably loading up for the drive to Smackdown, doesn't he travel on a bus with Jericho and the Usos?

I assumed that bus reference was to partying on the bus they rent for the whole roster when they do European tours. I've never heard about Jericho using a bus like Orton/Show etc.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I'm sad that Bryan never did the Cattle Mutilation in WWE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mons Hubris posted:

Actually he did it once against the Miz where Matt Striker was "marking out" and then Jerry/Cole made fun of Matt and the name of the move

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

He did it during the Summerslam 7v7 where he redebuted, Matt Striker called it, and then Lawler called Striker an idiot.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Mons Hubris posted:

http://youtu.be/TuYub5UGSRM

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

He did it during the Summerslam 7v7 where he redebuted, Matt Striker called it, and then Lawler called Striker an idiot.

I know its an unpopular opinion but, I REALLY HATE Jerry Lawler.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

super macho dude posted:

Based on a very small amount of evidence my best guess is that he partied a little too hard last night and was looking for one of those little "take this enormous quantity of vitamins to feel better" drinks. Or maybe he was just fascinated by a two-story Walgreens and wanted to ride the escalator.

edit: just remembered he's actually younger than I am, now I feel like an even bigger weirdo.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
There are plenty of NFL players who probably have way worse brain damage than Bryan and go on to live normal lives and not go crazy and murder people, so I wouldn't really worry too much about that. I would also bet that in 20 years we'll have a lot better understanding and treatment of CTE so as long as he stays retired and the only wrestling he does is giving his wife the best small package in wrestling he should be fine.

I'm not saying CTE isn't some serious poo poo, but I think wrestling fans have a real 'worst case scenario' view of it due to Benoit

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Apparently a dude get thrown out of the show for screaming the NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOODBYE song during Bryan's retirement speech. Security swooped in and grabbed him.

They should have really fired Roman Reigns for that, not just kicked him out. unacceptable.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There are plenty of NFL players who probably have way worse brain damage than Bryan and go on to live normal lives and not go crazy and murder people, so I wouldn't really worry too much about that. I would also bet that in 20 years we'll have a lot better understanding and treatment of CTE so as long as he stays retired and the only wrestling he does is giving his wife the best small package in wrestling he should be fine.

I'm not saying CTE isn't some serious poo poo, but I think wrestling fans have a real 'worst case scenario' view of it due to Benoit

Yeah Im way more concerned about whether Bryan will remember his kids names in 25 years than whether he'll murder them

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Pretty much, there are tons of horror stories out there but that's because it was discovered only very recently and the worst case scenarios are the ones people remember. IF Bryan doesn't do anything dumb, there are plenty of chances of him having a bright fulfilling future as we learn more and more about the disease and how to treat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

OldTennisCourt posted:

Apparently a dude get thrown out of the show for screaming the NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOODBYE song during Bryan's retirement speech. Security swooped in and grabbed him.

Someone caught up with the dude afterwards and he was quoted as saying "You can't do this to me, I'm Vince McMahon drat it!"

• Locked thread