Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I always liked the Abigail Williams look they went for with the witch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

We'll get there in a couple of updates but yeah. There are a lot of skills you'll want to stick first before you get down to work on their Defense rating.

Work on their defense? skip it entirely as dots stack (you can both poison and witchfire them in conjunction) and dots tend to last 3 turns, so 2 poisons and a burn take off enough health to kill anything that doesn't heal, (10% * 6) + (15% * 3) = 105%.

also your opinion on the reward on catacomb 1 (to avoid spoilers)?

Just to be informative to people who haven't played, the sorcerer can equip staffs, daggers, longswords and maces.

Shiva Asori fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 11, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There aren't enough games out there where they just flat out make you the bad guy :allears:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to say, that's an interesting approach to currency.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shiva Asori posted:

Work on their defense? skip it entirely as dots stack (you can both poison and witchfire them in conjunction) and dots tend to last 3 turns, so 2 poisons and a burn take off enough health to kill anything that doesn't heal, (10% * 6) + (15% * 3) = 105%.

also your opinion on the reward on catacomb 1 (to avoid spoilers)?

Just to be informative to people who haven't played, the sorcerer can equip staffs, daggers, longswords and maces.

I'll roll how I roll. :colbert: If you're looking for minmaxing, you're prrrrrrobably in the wrong thread.

Catacombs 1 will be handled in about three updates and will be voted upon. Stay tuned!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
:allears:

I rather liked this game. The fact that a high-quality lp'er like you is doing it is pretty cool.

Almost cool enough for me to forgive you for getting my hopes up with the lunar 2 lp* :catbert:

Regardless, looking forward to reading through this one.

*I'm sure you had a good reason.

mauman fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 11, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is looking through the gems ever particularly useful?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is looking through the gems ever particularly useful?

Nah. You can only do it as a dialog option once. I think it's meant to be a one off gag.

Speaking of which, want to hear something hilarious? I've never made it past the third (proper) boss before in this game. At a certain point I'm going as blind into it as you are! Isn't that fun! :q:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah. You can only do it as a dialog option once. I think it's meant to be a one off gag.

Speaking of which, want to hear something hilarious? I've never made it past the third (proper) boss before in this game. At a certain point I'm going as blind into it as you are! Isn't that fun! :q:

Once you get past the first couple you pretty much have down how the game expects you to fight so it's just repeating that all the way through the end

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh boy are you in for a treat. :smug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Canto I, Stanza 3: Welcome Back, Frank

!

More power?

More power. Stand back, you guys. I'm calling in the big guns.

Abomination, I call thee!

Sup, Frank. :phoneb:

:phone: Nada.

And here's the Abomination! Despite the name, he's basically Frankenstein's Monster. Did you know Frankenstein's Monster referred to himself as Adam in the original book? Not a lot of people know that. Now you're one of them. You're welcome.

Anyway, the Abomination is one of two tank/support characters, the other being the skeleton. (Yes. The skeleton.) His skills lean slightly towards magical defense instead of physical, but in all honesty, he takes damage like a champ from just about everyone. He has two basic purposes in life:

• Soak damage
  • Kick nerd butt

We're not going to use his aggro soak skillset quite yet, because at this low of a level, we'll end up with a dead party member real quick. Likewise, his anti-magery won't be helpful until we actually start fighting mages. Later on, Frank's contributions will be invaluable. For now, though, we'll just have to be content with a Frankenstein's Monster that wields a warhammer as his primary weapon. I don't know about you guys, but I can live with that.

With our final summon chosen, our initial party is complete! We'll pick up more allies along the way, but this is our main core of jerks. Better get used to 'em, it's gonna be a long ride.

Lame. Any of you guys want this?

Not my size.

Fit's too baggy.

Doesn't have ruffles.

What?

So, Frank! What've you been up to since the last time we saw you?

Bit of this, Bit of that. Won a photography contest. Learned to play the violin. Took up surfing.

Surfing?

Did you gently caress with Da Hui? I bet you hosed with Da Hui.

Man, even I don't gently caress with Da Hui.

The who-y?

Yeah, them.

...what?

No, 'hu'. Round the lips.

Okay, everyone can shut up now.

First time we've bumped into these guys! Dwarves are a pretty noticeable step up and the first of the serious fighters we'll see. We can't just pop Black Bolt and call it a day anymore; we have to do some planning. I mean, you can just beat on him with weapons until he falls over, but it'll take a while, and it's not gonna cut it later on—especially when there's more than one of them. The game's giving you a chance to ease into some actual combat here, and you should take advantage of it.

I have a general approach I use for combat in this game. It's not exactly optimal, but it seems to work well enough. See, in order for your spells to not suck, you have to make sure the enemy's defense is low enough to not soak the damage. Therefore, my first job against randos like this guy is to bonk him on the head until we actually start doing damage to his HP.

Once we've lowered his defense enough to start damaging him physically, that's usually a sign we can apply magic damage at full or near-full effectiveness.

...and, of course, Vlad and Frank can keep attacking since they don't have anything better to do. Vlad's going to spend most of his time as our stand-up brawler since he has the big damage sword. Frank actually isn't as great a fighter as you'd think, but he'll still get the job done for now.

Anyway, we get rid of this guy in two turns using the above method. Things will get exceedingly more complex later on, but for now, let this serve as Babby's First Strategic Combat.

:shivdurf: It's barely been used, most of the writing is about the lack of discipline among the guards.

...of course a lot of the lads in here don't know what they're doing. Sons of farmers and gutter rats, promised a life with purpose. They're just too young to understand what being here forever really means.

Oh boo hoo hoo. Cry me a loving river.

Actually, it looks like somebody did.

...Was the only one who understood me, now he's dead! Kenriek didn't deserve that! I'm sure that stinking goblin knows something, next time the others aren't around I'll make him talk.

This your guys' work?

Hell if I know. It's not like any of them had nametags.

Either way, it's not our problem. Let's help ourselves to his stuff and get back to finding a way out of here.

ACHOO

Curse you.

Thanks!

*retttttttttttttttch*

Man that's pungent.

Oooh you're a new one...just what are you up to. I think I'll follow you for a bit and find out hehehe...

I'd really rather you didn't.

Rather who didn't what?

You guys can see this, right? The glowing ball of light that sounds like a twelve year old's text messages?

What's a text message?

You have got to get a better phone plan, Vlad.

Something tells me we found Kenriek.

R.I.P., rat guy. You were owned by a dwarf with disgusting BO.

Should we say a few words or something?

"He was a rat. He lived. He died."

Poignant words for us all.

Hey, what's through here?

I wouldn't if I were u hehehe

Well, you're not me, or else you'd be way less dead and way more handsome.

Seriously, who is he talking to?

Ehn. After a while, you just start tuning him out.

The barracks. Of course it's the barracks.

told u hehehehe

Stuff it, rat.

This... this isn't the talking mouse you told us about earlier. Right?

I'm not even gonna pretend to know what's goin' on here.

Weenie flood! This looks terrifying at first, but at this point, we've got a full party and all of them can drop a guard with one or two attacks. We club and/or zap these assholes to death in two rounds, after which we get a round of level ups and some snazzy new skills:

Frost Fall is the first of our debuffs, a 4 Energy magical attack for the Sorceror that already works well enough as a straight magical attack. Even better, it drops agility, which increases the chance monsters will miss and makes it easier to act before they do. Both are very good things.

Restore Defense, on the other hand, speaks for itself. It seems pretty obscene to refill your defense mid-fight—even for 4 energy—but it's still at level 1 and generates about 15-20 points at most. That's not too shabby, though. And, it'll only get better as Willow levels up.

This brings me to a tangental point: A lot of the skills you pick up in Paper Sorceror sound awesome right up until you use them in combat, at which point they're completely underwhelming. There's a reason for that. It's still a level 1 skill. Skill usefulness tends to compound exponentially, and they're not always going to be jaw-droppingly impressive the instant you pick one up. I mean, obviously there are exceptions to this—healing spells, debuffs, etc. are pretty drat useful out of the gate—but for the most part, you'll need them to level up once or twice before you really see what they can do.

More guards means more loot, at least. Let's get to it!

The hell is with all the snuff? I swear these guys' would've just died from oral cancer if we didn't get to them first.

We're doin' them a favor, when you think about it.

I know, right?

No wonder these guys die so quick. Their entire armory consists of tongs and snuff boxes.

Hey. Hey, guys. Know what else rhymes with tongs?

Wrongs?

Songs?

Gongs?

Mongs?

Mongs isn't a word.

It is now!

No, see, the answer was d—

Don't care. Dibs on the staff!

The iron staff is a first-tier, non-junk weapon we've seen that boosts Magic. We give it to Willow so the Sorceror can keep his crappy long sword, which does 1D8 instead of 1D6 damage. (That's 1-8 instead of 1-6, for those of you who don't speak RPG natively.) Every little bit helps.

...and that's how we ended up in a book.

Sure.

You don't really seem fazed by any of this.

Man, I've seen some poo poo. This doesn't even rank in the top ten.

One step closer to wherever the hell it is we're going.

The Knight's probably roaming around upstairs. Look alive, people!

I mean, relatively speaking.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ahaha, is there actually a character that talks with lovely written grammar? That's going to piss me off and it's great. :allears:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I... don't think I ever made the connection between the ball of light and the dead rat before. Huh.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I notice the Witch is an Enchantress now on the status screen. Do your minions have class changes as they level up?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Seyser Koze posted:

I notice the Witch is an Enchantress now on the status screen. Do your minions have class changes as they level up?

Oddly, the classes don't match up to the character names. For example, Vlad is marked as Lord, Frank as Protector, etc. I don't know if it's just a quirk the programmer didn't catch or if there's something plot related going on (AND DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL IT IF THERE IS). We shall see.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

You use the abomination!! You have great taste.

He's almost another primary damage dealer when dealing with magic users (and there's a poo poo ton of those bastards in this game). He also get's healing, tanking, and crowd control. He can do it all, and I love the abominable bastard for it :allears:

In fact, if you drop the witch and replace it with a minotaur then you would have my first party.

Healer you say? I used the vampire as my primary healer :suicide:

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Okay, I want to play this game. Where the hell do I pick it up, how much does it cost, and is it on Steam?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Silegna posted:

Okay, I want to play this game. Where the hell do I pick it up, how much does it cost, and is it on Steam?

Five bucks on Steam, apparently.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Five bucks on Steam, apparently.

That's...honestly doable! Yeah! I'll definitely pick it up when I get paid then.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Picked this up this morning. Only took an hour to get past where you are. I'm using the LP party, and I can see why you've gone with it. Took out the first boss on my first attempt, so I guess I've got the hang of the combat system.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RickVoid posted:

Picked this up this morning. Only took an hour to get past where you are. I'm using the LP party, and I can see why you've gone with it. Took out the first boss on my first attempt, so I guess I've got the hang of the combat system.

I'm really happy people are buying this game. It deserves all the love it can get. :)

Also just a quick reminder since I didn't put it in the OP: No spoilers please!

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm really happy people are buying this game. It deserves all the love it can get. :)

Also just a quick reminder since I didn't put it in the OP: No spoilers please!

When I get the money, I am SO buying this game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Yeah this game is pretty swell, but it does get a tad tedious later on.

It's always good to be bad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. How is in-combat health restoration anyway? Are you limited to patching up your armor?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Glazius posted:

Huh. How is in-combat health restoration anyway? Are you limited to patching up your armor?

No, the Witch, the Cultist and the Vampire all have healing spells that heal health directly. Other units get natural regen, like the Skeleton, and there are usable healing potions you can buy or find.

jpublic
Aug 14, 2015
Chokes, are you going to do a character writeup? I could really use one.

I tried a group with Werewolf, Cultist, and Goblin and got nowhere.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Werewolf kind of takes a while to get going and is never that great. He specializes in doing lots of hits to lots of targets, which just isn't all that useful.

Goblin is a weird little utility character. I'd say he takes a while to get going too, except I'm not sure he ever actually gets going.

Haven't tried cultist.

Melum
Oct 14, 2012
My original party was vampire skeleton minotaur. It was really quite a slog on either hard or 1980s, can't recall but I burned out from grinding for the second boss. Reading this makes me want to start a new game, but I have so much else to do...

Did anyone else like the music?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I played this game about a year-ish back and remember doing pretty well for myself with skeleton, minotaur, cultist. It was a sort of physical-focused, single-target version of Chokes's party. I didn't really bother with magic on anyone other than the sorceror, I just smashed right through bosses' armor with the minotaur's terrifying amounts of damage. Mages were terrible, though, and I wished several times I'd brought the Abomination instead.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think my favorite/best party was Minotaur/Shadow/Witch which is basically living on the bleeding edge in the early game hoping your hilariously swingy damage dealers roll high while your witch plays triage.

It is super fun though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jpublic posted:

Chokes, are you going to do a character writeup? I could really use one.

It's coming up, we'll have a chance soon enough to start voting on new party members. I'll give a brief summary of each, and then once we're voted upon I'll go more in depth.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

Are you playing the latest version Chokes? I got an update through GOG a while ago that added more party members: A Dryad and a Succubus. Never got around to trying them out, but the descriptions say the Dryad is a healer with frost based attacks, so I'm not sure how she differs from the Witch, and the Succubus is a jack of all trades.

I don't know if you'll be able to continue with your current save if you get the update, but I figured it was worth mentioning. May have changed other stuff as well, I'm not able to check at the moment.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Interestingly, having done a bit of looking into it, those two classes were the kickstarter backer exclusiver classes. Wonder what caused the change of mind in the GoG version but not the steam one.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Melum posted:

Did anyone else like the music?

I did until I realized I could never turn it down outside of turning down my system volume.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I just finally started playing, got past the first boss, and then into the second block. First enemy set I fight? Drops a Steel Greatsword. 21-40 damage. When the next highest thing available is like 2-14. Now mister Vlad is just ripping everything apart :v:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
If you think that's good, try opening a chest and finding the Chain Armor of the Pit.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Some of the sheer randomness of the item drops leaves me feeling a bit miffed, honestly. Absolutely nothing equipment-wise dropped in the first cell block, so the first boss was a rough slog. I go into the second cell block and some of the first armors I find blow everything else out of the water and leave me with taking pretty much no health damage from everything but the boss for the entire rest of the block. Go into the 3rd block and I'm still not finding anything that compares. It's kinda ridiculous, and I feel like the game would benefit from relying slightly more on static equipment drops/placements rather than completely random stuff that can leave you either kicking rear end or scrabbling for victory.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Canto I, Stanza 4: A Bad Day for a Good Knight

So where's this Knight everyone was talking about?

You kiddin' me? He'll be at the exit, same as every other boss.

They're cribbing out of our playbook now? What's next? Twelve on four fights? Multiple forms?

Some people don't have an original bone in their entire body.

What's the plan?

You guys distract him to keep him from punching me in the face.

Right. And while we do that, you'll charge up your spells!

Wha? Oh, hell no. I'm not getting tangled up in this mess. That's why I summoned you three.

I say we leave him down here and go off on our own.

You can't get out of here without my magic and you know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxq-LSLTH0c

...woah.

This is the area Paper Sorceror uses in their promo videos to impress people, and it's easy to see why. From out here, you can see all the various cell blocks. You've more or less been in a cube until this point, so the sudden widening of space is even more astonishing. This is where you begin to realize just how alien the Librum Claustrum is.

Of course, you'll want to be careful not to fall off a ledge here.

Hey, what's down there?

Death via bottomless abyss.

Sounds great WHEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(...you goddamn dumbass.)

Well, that was fun!

What the gently caress! Why would you even do that?!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually I'm just kidding. If you're dumb enough to fall off, the Spirit of the Book will just warp you back to the top. I don't know whether or not she gets pissed off and lets you die if you repeatedly toss yourself in. Probably not, but we've got places to be, so I'm not going to find out.

Awfully sportin' of him, standing out in the open like that.

You know, if they'd just jump us from behind while we're still getting our poo poo together, they could probably kill all of us in a hurry.

Thank gently caress these morons have some self-righteous sense of fair play.

The moral high ground is an excellent vantage point from which to have your face slit.

Truth.

I know where you're trying to go sorceror, and you'll never make it. The fact you have made it as far as you have speaks to your skill.

Kinda speaks more to the guards' skill.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, pal.

:shivdurf: He hefts his sword and enters into an attack stance.

Boss time!

We're not at 100% capacity yet, so this is going to be more of an introduction than an actual primer in boss fights. It's just as well; the Knight is laughably easy compared to later bosses. Consider this a dry run for exploring how much fun fighting Paper Sorceror's bosses are. not very

You'll notice right away that the Sorceror is out of Energy and that Willow is compromised as well. The thing about Energy in Paper Sorceror is that it doesn't regenerate to full after fights. The only way to pump it back up is to start a fresh round of combat (+1 per round) or use the Focus ability, thusly:

Focus gives you +2 Energy immediately, a buff to your Magic for a few turns, and you get a third +1 to Energy when your next turn rolls around. That's great! The bad news is that you waste a turn doing it, which gives your opponent one more round to kick out your teeth.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Chokes, how bad could it be? Up until this point, we've been clowning all over the guards. Well...

This? This is the tin can everyone was making GBS threads themselves about?

Looks like a regular ol' fighter to me.

You'd think he'd at least have a magic sword or something.

Oh, look! He's using a special attack! How cute.

FHGLKEJFLKAFJFALJAF

Well, so much for the "not getting punched" plan!

The Knight's attack strength isn't loving around to begin with, but Enemy Smite is a near one-shot for us at this point. That's the thing about bosses in Paper Sorceror; their attack power and high defense is bad enough, but where they really gently caress you is their skillset. Boss skillsets are above and beyond challenging—veering into the territory of broken—and it's what makes boss fights such an uphill slog. We have ways of mitigating this later, but by and large we're just going to have to suck it up and keep healing.

I'd like to take this moment to remind you we're on Normal difficulty.

Yup.

As mentioned, we don't get access to our entire range of skills for this fight, so you're not going to get a good feel for our typical battle plan. We can show off the bits and pieces we do have, which include:

We need to do something, right now, or we are all going to die!

Alright, rear end in a top hat, you wanna dance? Let's dance.

We mentioned Frost Fall last update, and here it is in action! 15 HP out of the box is nothing to sneeze at against bosses, but more importantly, it debuffs agility and inflicts Slow status. -1 Agility is not going to be enough to save us from getting hit, but that and Slow will buy Willow enough time to get her heal spells off. Mercifully, the Knight can only attack one target at a time. Obviously, this will not be the case with future bosses.

There's nothing sexy about the rest of our plan. We keep clubbing the stupid jerk with our lovely weapons until his Defense comes down enough, and then Vlad and the Sorceror can take off the gloves and go to work. Vlad, in particular, can unleash Inhuman Strike:

There's nothing fancy to this skill. He just winds up and hits an enemy as hard as he possibly can. We can spend four energy to do 15 HP damage, which isn't too shabby. In response, he can spend four energy to do this:

:psyboom:

Shouldn't you be taking hits for us or something?!

Ehn, you guys are doin' fine on your own.

hrhkkkkk

Frank can't use aggro redirect without immediately dying in two turns, Vlad's tied up as our primary fighter, and Willow only has so much Energy and healing power. The knight can crank out a stupid amount of damage, and we'd barely keep up if we devoted all our resources to defending. (Which, by the way, means we wouldn't be doing any damage.) This is pretty much every boss fight in Paper Sorceror. You are hilariously outmatched, and your job is to scrap your way to victory by any means possible.

I break out Restore Defense midway through so you can see it in action. Right now it heals Defense in the single digits, but that's enough to top off our crappy armor. It still prevents damage from the next hit, so it serves as a (very) poor man's mass heal. It's honestly of questionable usefulness; 5-6 defense is enough to barely keep someone from dying from a regular hit, but it's not going to do anything against Enemy Smite, because ow.

We have to make some pretty dodgy decisions here and triage our healing based on current HP and value to party. If someone eats two Enemy Smites in a row after our comically low defense has been shredded, we're using a Restoration Crystal. Miraculously, however, I combine keeping a close eye on how low people's HP gets and gambling on who gets hit next, and...

Frank! Vlad! One-two punch!

...?

Got it! One...

...two!

:c00lbert:

...we end up not losing anyone this fight! Woo!

People like to get fancy with bosses, but in my opinion, it ultimately boils down to whittling down armor. Magic does direct damage, and it needs to be part of your approach, but knocking their defense down is what opens the floodgates.

Again, we'll get into proper strategies in later fights—but for now, let's just enjoy the victory. Off to a great start!

*huff* *puff*

gently caress. gently caress! What the gently caress was that?!

Sorry, chief. We're not a boss fight anymore.

We're barely a random encounter.

We are going to get pasted if you guys don't step up your game. I can't do all of this by myself!

You don't do any of this by yourself!

See? Willow understands what teamwork is!

That's not what—

Just let it go. It won't help.

loving hells, even the loot sucks. I hate this place.

All the more reason to get it out of it as fast as we can.

Hey, there's the pit the janitor told us about!

...sooooo. I guess we just jump down into it?

Jump into a bottomless pit? Don't be an idiot.

*shove*

Probably should've checked if that was the right pit first.

Nah.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Taunting never seems to really work on bosses anyhow. I'm not sure that enemy special skills even take taunts into account, so you waste a turn having your tank try to do his thing and the boss ignores him to paste your squishes anyhow.

EDIT: Also, re: loot chat, the first time I made it past the 2nd boss (on Hard) it was only because I somehow randomly found an endgame quest reward armor in a chest in the 2nd area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

O, right! Totally forgot about this guy. I beat this guy, its the next boss down the road that I never bothered to beat. This game is really unclear about how the mechanics work, primarily explaining the Armor system. But still, good job Chokes! Cant wait to see how the team fairs against the next guy. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread