Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
DOOM ETERNAL (The 5th Doom Game)

ETERNAL DOOM, DOOM THAT IS ETERNAL, FOREVER DOOM ETERNITY x1000
OUT NOW

Destructible Enemies!! :eyepop:

All the fast-paced shooter goodness of Doom 2016, but now with MORE everything, more enemies, more levels, more variety.
They put a fuckin' grappling hook on a shotgun so you can zip around the map pulling yourself from enemy to enemy.

TIPS
==========

Disable the steam overlay FPS counter, or the steam overlay entirely. Seems to cause some FPS issues for lots of people.

The fast travel option is granted towards the end of each level, you get a small popup that's easy to miss. If you replay the level later on, you will not still have access to fast travel, and will have to clear the level again to get it back.

Platforming tips: When you jump off a wall, if you look up, you will have much more trajectory coming off the wall and make it easier to reach across gaps than if you're looking straight or down. Also, when you approach a wall, if you mash the grab button (I think default is E but I rebound everything) you will magnetically zoom over to the wall even if you were going to miss the jump. You can do this before the prompt to grab the wall shows up.

Doom Eternal adds a lot and the game feels a bit more difficult as a result. Strongly recommend you play on Hurt me plenty first; you can always adjust the difficulty later on.

Doom Eternal changes the combat mechanics from Doom 2016 a bit, and you will have a much better time ripping and tearing if you adjust to the new combat style:

Glory Kills grant Health
Chainsaw Kills grant Ammo
Flamethrower Kills grant Armor

Glory Kills can be done just like in 2016, when enemies are low on health. Chainsaw in this game constantly regenerates to 1 pip. You need to build a rhythm of using the chainsaw whenever it is available, or else you will have ammo problems. But regular use of the chainsaw will mean you have nearly unlimited ammo. Similarly, mixing in regular glory kills and flamethrower burns will keep you topped off with health and ammo, but forgetting to do so for awhile because you're surrounded and focused on killing big demons will mean you'll get whittled down and killed.

In addition, many enemies have weak points or weapon weaknesses which allow you to kill them faster if taken advantage of. You'll get codex entries on each enemy as you encounter them which lists these, so I won't spoil the enemy roster here.

Alternatively, turn down the difficulty or activate a bunch of in-game cheats (find the floppy disks) and just blast demons as you like

Zaphod42 posted:

The UI color changes are super nice. "Demon" is straight up hotline miami, look at the health bars. Its not just that things are neon pink / cyan / orange, but they even did color gradients in the bars!!!

The other schemes to compare:

Not pictured: "Amber" which is all amber

Look at how it changes the menus

Twitch Prime has a promotion with Doom Eternal for bonus skins, the first is a Unicorn outfit for Doomguy

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/doometernal

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zaphod42 posted:

"According to Hugo Martin, the game's creative director, the game was inspired by rock and roll. The team intended to create a personality for the game by adding lots of over-the-top skulls. The team did not put lots of emphasis on the game's story, as they believed that it is not an important feature of the franchise."

I see they understand what makes Doom tick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I see they understand what makes Doom tick.

Yeah in all honesty that's one of the things I'm actually excited for. The most recent trailer showed a lot of really wild, hellish environments. I've been dying for some surrealistic spaces to fight in like that for awhile. Too many games now are just going for super realism of familiar spaces, COD shooters where you're having a battle in a neighborhood or a McDonalds, which is cool in its own way... but I wanna see something really abstract. Some crazy hellscapes like out of a Beksiński painting.

Brutal Legend was a flawed game, but one of the best things it did was the look of the environment. They set out to make the game feel like a heavy metal album cover, and that was awesome.

The other thing making me interested for this is the SnapMap, which looks like it can hold its own with Halo's Forge, even the latest Halo 5 Forge which is really complex. I really love being able to mod games and make my own content, and super easy GUI editors like that make it a breeze and guarantee you're going to have tons of custom content.

Then I saw there was a horde survival mode... poo poo. I may buy this just to play Doom Firefight, even if the campaign isn't very good.

Although between firefight mode, having a forge editor, and hiring Certain Affinity to make multiplayer maps, Doom sure is copying Halo's playbook here. Not that I have a problem with that, and since Id is in shambles, Bethesda's gotta find some way to finish this thing and push it out.

The look and feel of it reminds me of Bulletstorm in a good way.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 9, 2016

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm optimistic for it. Carmack himself attributed Doom's success to three key factors: Graphical prowess, multiplayer capability, and flexible modding. Neo-id seems to understand this, and everything we've seen in Doom 2016 is extending the success of the original Doom in these facets.

I'm not hype as gently caress but I'm interested and excited.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm optimistic for it. Carmack himself attributed Doom's success to three key factors: Graphical prowess, multiplayer capability, and flexible modding. Neo-id seems to understand this, and everything we've seen in Doom 2016 is extending the success of the original Doom in these facets.

I'm not hype as gently caress but I'm interested and excited.

Didn't Carmack also say that Doom was about 2 things, "Demons and shotguns" ?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm not super hyped or anything and if this is a wet fart I'll just laugh at it as it passes and move along, but I do find myself being more open to the possibility that it'll be fun than I was all last year.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

at the very least it looks like they're trying to make a campy, 'fun' shooter and not another serious sci-fi thing.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
What they should do, is bite the bullet and make it absolutely nuts like Brutal Doom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc

Right now it's in this weird area of sluggish and slow. Doom was all about the crazy and not quicktime chainsaw kills.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The multiplayer seemed functional and solid but not particularly interesting. I like the movement options, double jump, ledge grapple, and trans-locator made it feel a bit UT99-ish. Lots of vertical movement and shooting too which was good. But the movement speed is pretty slow and some of the weapons just felt bad or weird. Damage felt kind of low for a lot of weapons, and then stupidly high for others. Also didn't care for the super weapons at all which just seemed really dumb, and from what I can tell their spawn point was randomized.

I don't have a whole lot of faith that this will be particularly great but I'm really hoping I'm wrong about that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Buckwheat Sings posted:

What they should do, is bite the bullet and make it absolutely nuts like Brutal Doom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc

Right now it's in this weird area of sluggish and slow. Doom was all about the crazy and not quicktime chainsaw kills.

The QTE kills are one of my biggest turn-offs of the game right now.

However, if you watch the video where they talk about them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8qfIY4RqWs they're at least thinking about it in the right way.

Most of them are pretty short and quick, there's multiple per monster based on like where you're facing or looking at the monster so you won't see the same animation repeat over and over, and it sounds like some of them can be early-cancelled.

They describe it like being a kung fu action movie star like Jackie Chan, where you're moving around real fast, kick this guy, punch this guy, shoot this guy, and then keep running. That's good. "we have very strict time limits on how long they can last."

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 9, 2016

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm pumped for this, the combat looks great, looks like the atmosphere will be fun, here's hoping there's some memorable design and flow to the campaign. And there's always SnapMap, which is cool.

I'd love it if this has a few brief cutscenes, like the role the text screens between episodes had in Doom. If it has an ending as memorable as Doom's that'd be an accomplishment too.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I don't have a whole lot of faith that this will be particularly great but I'm really hoping I'm wrong about that.

The multiplayer is by a different developer than the campaign for the record. If the multi is good to me that'll be a bonus.

Zaphod42 posted:

Will this be a good game, or Duke Nukem Forever all over again? You be the judge.

Same thing. Also for the record, id software was acquired not folded, so we can still say this is from id software. It'd be like saying Kojima Productions' next game is by Sony otherwise.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 9, 2016

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm like others, not hyped as gently caress but optimistic. I played the multiplayer alpha and was nice considering the limited content I could try. The whole Snap Map utility got my attention since you can build maps really easy, I just hope that they don't limit it, because I'd love to make some classic doom maps with it.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Looks like they understand what makes doom, doom. Baited breath etc, could be cool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I see nothing about co-op

my interest level has just dropped substantially

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Same thing. Also for the record, id software was acquired not folded, so we can still say this is from id software. It'd be like saying Kojima Productions' next game is by Sony otherwise.

Wrong.

Id software was acquired a long time ago. They were still Id software at that point. The folding is something far worse that happened later when Carmack left.

They were aquired in 2009. Carmack didn't leave until 2013 to go work on VR. Very different.

Id in 2009 was still Id. In 2014 though they were gone.

Its more like saying Konami's next game is ... non existent. And that's the case. Kojima left, and Konami may as well not make games anymore.

Carmack left, and Id may as well not exist anymore.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 9, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know how years ago when we moved into another gen people were making jokes about how a bunch of games seemed to think "good graphics=everything is brown"? I feel like this game looked at that and thought it was a good idea. Its amazing how this game manages to look uglier than its 20 year old predecessor just because the art direction is atrocious.

I mean they even made loving cacodemons brown.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but the cacodemons aren't brown now???

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You know how years ago when we moved into another gen people were making jokes about how a bunch of games seemed to think "good graphics=everything is brown"? I feel like this game looked at that and thought it was a good idea. Its amazing how this game manages to look uglier than its 20 year old predecessor just because the art direction is atrocious.

I mean they even made loving cacodemons brown.

Two things on this.

One, you're totally right. Somebody on the internet did a quick filter on one of the first screenshots to show how dramatic this was, and I much prefer it the old school colorful way

versus

Buuuuuut those screenshots are from like a year ago.

Two, you're not entirely right. Thing is, the environments actually vary a lot in their lighting. There's lots of real-time lighting in Id Tech 6. If you look at screenshots its easy to get a bad impression, but if you watch all the recent trailers that I have posted in the OP, its not nearly as bad as you think from the screenshots. That and lots of people have said it looks bad and the devs may have taken that to heart in the last 6 months and made some changes.

If you watch the most recent 'campaign trailer' from 2 days ago, it actually looks pretty drat colorful to me.

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybo30QlSk64 looots more color. Cacos are red, pinkies are pink, some areas are more brown but each area has tons of environmental lighting, lava, metal, rock, etc. Overall the palette isn't far from classic doom at all.

And I gotta say again, those environments look really cool. Seeing the outside areas, it looks pretty loving metal.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 9, 2016

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The big red cacodemons aren't brown.

And please stop referring to one button execution moves as QTE's

I think this game will be okay.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, if there's any criticisms to be made at this point the color scheme isn't one of them. at worst it's 'sci-fi with a lot of glowy poo poo' but i enjoy that, so hey. that they're willing to change stuff like the color palette after demoing a bunch of stuff already is pretty cool.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wasn't aware they changed the colour palette in more recent media. I just remember it being one of the things that really bugged me about the E3 trailer and the media in the OP didn't seem to indicate it had changed.

If they're actually willing to alter stuff like that based on feedback that makes me feel better about the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I can understand the color palette criticisms if you look at the first screenshot I posted there, and if that was your only impression of the game. I had mostly written it off last year after seeing those kinds of images.

But the trailers they've been putting out recently really convinced me that there's more to this.

I mean some of those environments look really loving rad. Like Dark Souls levels almost. They probably won't have nearly that level of attention to detail, but whatever. As long as its not another loving military base or somebody's house or something. I want poo poo to be as surreal and wild and chaotic as possible.

Take me to hell!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I mean hell, one of the zones in that trailer has like pink & blue neon lighting everywhere.

Another area has a bright green sky.

They're definitely doing a lot of variety. There's a brown area and there's a lava area where everything's red, but there's lots of other color too.

A little brown isn't so bad. Its when the entire game is brown vs black like Resistance: Fall of man, that's when its a huge problem.

Its not TF2 colorful, but it shouldn't be. Its DOOM. But its not super grimdark brown vs black either, there's definitely color.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Zaphod42 posted:

Its more like saying Konami's next game is ... non existent. And that's the case. Kojima left, and Konami may as well not make games anymore.

I know none of the founders are there, but we can still refer to the team called id software as id software right? Their logo is on it etc. And I had heard a lot of people from Doom 3 were still on this? Maybe in the credits there will even be some guy from the Quake 2 team or something.

I know it's not "id classic", but I'd want to know a bit more about specifically who's there and whatnot before I'd say they may as well not exist anymore. Was there a mass exodus or something? I hadn't heard about that happening.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

I know none of the founders are there, but we can still refer to the team called id software as id software right? Their logo is on it etc. And I had heard a lot of people from Doom 3 were still on this? Maybe in the credits there will even be some guy from the Quake 2 team or something.

I know it's not "id classic", but I'd want to know a bit more about specifically who's there and whatnot before I'd say they may as well not exist anymore. Was there a mass exodus or something? I hadn't heard about that happening.

All the "masters of doom" other than Carmack have been long long long gone. Romero, Tom Hall, Sandy Petersen, American McGee, all the big-name Doom guys.

It was Carmack holding the studio together with his techno wizardry, and then a bunch of rotating new hires who worked on things like Doom 3, Wolfenstein (Blue Version), Rage, etc.

Which is why games like Rage don't seem to have great design or very coherent vision. But Carmack was such a wizard the games still did okay on their technical prowess.

Its not really uncommon for game studios to rotate out positions after a few years, you burn out working on the same project or you change your mind about what you want to do or whatever. I doubt there's many people left at Id who have been there long (in major dev positions anyways) and those few probably won't guarantee anything stays the same.

I thought I read an article about a mass exodus from Id after Carmack left, but I can't find anything now. But still it isn't really required.

If you wanna say that its "still Id software" you can go ahead, and you're technically right. But myself that's how I feel, its a whole other team now. Like Guns and Roses trying to call themselves GNR even though they only have Axl. What if Axl left? That'd finally be the end. :cheeky:

Also friendly reminder,
This is what the original Doom 4 looked like:

It was basically Call of Duty and looked terrible. Hopefully DOOM proves to be better than Doom 4.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been calling this game Retard 4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

This game looks like it could be ok if the guy didn't stop in his tracks every two seconds to punch something.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Wrong.

Id software was acquired a long time ago. They were still Id software at that point. The folding is something far worse that happened later when Carmack left.

They were aquired in 2009. Carmack didn't leave until 2013 to go work on VR. Very different.

Id Hasn't been in good shape since John Romero left. John Carmack and John Romero were a good team intill they got too big for each other. John Carmack making very good streamline games quake 3, doom 3. John Romero making wide random jumps that end badly, daikatana. If the divide didn't happen I think Carmack would of stopped Romero take those retarded risks and they could of made better games than what followed.

I think they complemented each other in making the first games that are agreed to be good doom, wolfenstein, quake.

Rage was a pretty bad borderlands game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Id Hasn't been in good shape since John Romero left. John Carmack and John Romero were a good team intill they got too big for each other. John Carmack making very good streamline games quake 3, doom 3. John Romero making wide random jumps that end badly, daikatana.

I think they complemented each other in making the first games that are agreed to be good doom, wolfenstein, quake.

Yeah, but if you read into masters of doom and the history of Id, its pretty clear there was always trouble in paradise.

Like, neither Carmack or Romero could replicate the same magic alone, Carmack made great technical games with poor design, Romero made games with waaaaay too much design that collapsed under their own weight.

But even when they were together, they were constantly fighting. Quake was kinda good in spite of their working together, not because of it. Romero had tons of plans for Quake that got gutted and they ended up just pushing out something that was more like Doom than different from it. That's why Romero left in the first place, he was mad about Quake in the end not having anything to do with the game he wanted it to be. The original idea for Quake was based on some D&D campaign they were playing, where "Quake" was the name of the villain taking over the world (never actually ended up in the game for which he's named). Hell even Doom, the original "Doom Bible" had all kinds of designs that Romero came up with that didn't make it into the game, like having a whole squad of troopers and beginning the game with marines playing poker.

Romero was needed because he has tons of crazy ideas, and without him Id became boring and predictable. But Romero himself is like George Lucas in that he really needs an editor to put his foot down and say "okay, that's too much, we can't do that."

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

Id Hasn't been in good shape since John Romero left. John Carmack and John Romero were a good team intill they got too big for each other. John Carmack making very good streamline games quake 3, doom 3. John Romero making wide random jumps that end badly, daikatana. If the divide didn't happen I think Carmack would of stopped Romero take those retarded risks and they could of made better games than what followed.

Rage was good when you were actually shooting stuff. Shame that was only about 10 minutes of the game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Game looks slow and corridory

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Game looks slow and corridory

Have you seen the most recent trailers? It actually shows off a good number of pretty big open spaces with lots of monsters in the middle, as Doom should.

The early stuff they put out last year made it look more like doom 3 than anything, but if you look at some of the other footage they've put out there's actually like, outdoor areas and stuff. More variety than you'd think. And plenty of Doom 1 was corridors anyways, the real important question is how linear the level design is. Is there any backtracking and such?

As for slow, its definitely not Quake 3 fast and I do wish it was. But its as fast or faster than any other recent FPS, even like Farcry Blood Dragon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not that I necessarily have a problem with them, but the sync-kills are all completely optional, right? I hope this turns out well, but I'm wary. Some videos do look really plodding, but I've seen faster gameplay snippets too. Still, if it sucks there's always Shadow Warrior 2...

Mordja fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 10, 2016

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm looking forward to a game that gets why 90s FPS games ruled because it was about shooting stuff and feeling satisfied doing it. From what I've seen Doom 4 gets this and I'll play it just to get something different from Modern Warfare games where you are supposed to feel bad for killing or some poo poo.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zaphod42 posted:

If you look at screenshots its easy to get a bad impression, but if you watch all the recent trailers that I have posted in the OP, its not nearly as bad as you think from the screenshots.

The more recent stuff looks way better, but it's still not colourful enough. One thing that's really iconic to Doom for me is how visually distinct all the monsters are, and I don't really see that here. Other than that it does look pretty good though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mordja posted:

Not that I necessarily have a problem with them, but the sync-kills are all completely optional, right? I hope this turns out well, but I'm wary. Some videos do look really plodding, but I've seen faster gameplay snippets too. Still, if it sucks there's always Shadow Warrior 2...

They sound optional, but there's also some kinda mechanic in the game that makes it sound like there's some incentive for performing them. They weren't totally clear on it?

If somebody can find some more information that'd be good.

It sounds like the game has some kinda "power-shield" where if you cower behind cover you become weak, so you're rewarded for running around at max speed and occasionally doing a melee-range execution instead of just shooting everything.

Again that's just my quick impression from what they said in those interview videos.

Tiggum posted:

The more recent stuff looks way better, but it's still not colourful enough. One thing that's really iconic to Doom for me is how visually distinct all the monsters are, and I don't really see that here. Other than that it does look pretty good though.

Yeah, I agree.

I dunno, the Pinky and the Cacodemons and the Mancubus all look pretty distinct to me in those videos, but the imps and zombies and skeleton / revenants are pretty samey yeah.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zaphod42 posted:

I dunno, the Pinky and the Cacodemons and the Mancubus all look pretty distinct to me in those videos, but the imps and zombies and skeleton / revenants are pretty samey yeah.

I honestly didn't notice there were pinkies shown. I saw cacodemons and mancubuses, and then just a bunch of generic looking zombies/demons.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Coolguye posted:

I see nothing about co-op

my interest level has just dropped substantially

I'm with you. The exclusion of co-op in a game where the story isn't important doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially considering that co-op modes are becoming a standard feature in many games. The "horde" mode might be ok to a degree, but its not the same thing.

Also, replacing a proper SDK with "snapmap" is a poor decision. Sure, there might be more low to medium quality maps from the community due to the ease of the tool, but we'll also never get rich content created by indie developers or truly original maps not made from the x amount of templates that snapmap gives you. We'll also never get a true modded-in co-op mode like Doom 3.

I like the general concept of the game, but without co-op and an SDK, it doesn't really feel like a classic id title.

Severed fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 10, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I honestly didn't notice there were pinkies shown. I saw cacodemons and mancubuses, and then just a bunch of generic looking zombies/demons.

They only show one pinky briefly in the new campaign trailer they just put out, but he looks pretty good IMO.

lets compare

Doom / Doom 2

The classic

Doom 3

What the Christ?

Doom 4

Not too shabby

Especially the green eyes and blue mouth are dead on, as well as being proper red.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The pinky demon is here: https://youtu.be/ybo30QlSk64?t=30s very briefly

It looks a little goofy but so did the original design, its very very faithful. Unlike Doom 3's pinky which was like some weird Resident Evil monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I love Quake 1/2/3, but John Romero is overrated. The only real dud from id after he left and before id turned into a Bethesda brand was Doom3, and it was a dud primarily because they were trying to work outside of their usual box of first person bullet hells and aim for legitimate horror cred rather than the tongue in cheek "heavy metal artwork" version of demons and hell that they presented in the past. Rage just felt like they finally were at the mercy of the kind of publisher-applied pressure that was felt around the rest of the industry but they long had been immune to.

It didn't help that the company itself was quite divided over going back to Doom. They fired one of their more recognized graphics guys (even if it was because he made a bunch of models of well endowed women through the 90s) just so that the defacto leadership, who also were two of the studio's principal art people, didn't look like they completely bowed to pressure.

Really it's amazing that id Software existed long enough for it's name to represent a corporate-controlled puppet of itself.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 10, 2016