Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
*buys $900 ultrathin iPhone. Puts it in $60, inch thick otterbox because it costs $300 to fix cracked screen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

*is super happy with my MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad Air*

*one year later, they're all breaking down thanks to bad hardware and apple denies the warranty claim*

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*has device deliberately crippled to the point of non-usability by mandatory software updates on a device made with $400 of precious metals*
WELP TIME TO TOSS THIS OUT FOR THE NEXT BIG THING
*drives to apple store in nissan leaf, sucks off 20 guys in the bathroom*

texasmed
May 27, 2004
just got done doin' a sex

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

*buys $900 ultrathin iPhone. Puts it in $60, inch thick otterbox because it costs $300 to fix cracked screen*

They just started bricking phones that aren't repaired by them lol

To stay on topic :

*Needs USB hub to plug in two devices*

Also

*perfectly acceptable iphone thickness for some reason now cut in half*
*has half the battery life now*

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
* uses third party repair service
* gets error 52 bricked as a punishment with the next update

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Gillman posted:

*just wants to use the devices he likes*

*is challenged about his choices by people who still think the hard drive of their computer is the entire tower*

*doesn't care what kinds of phones other people use*

*can like a thing without making it part of his identity*

No, we're being users of Apple products.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
*doesn't care about operating systems/hardware specs/value as long as it looks nice and does what is needed*

*is good looking*

*is a regular sex haver*

*makes more money than you*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

crabcakes66 posted:

*doesn't care about operating systems/hardware specs/value as long as it looks nice and does what is needed*

*is good looking*

*is a regular sex haver*

*makes more money than you*

*Or even if it doesn't*

*in a douchey way*

*with other men*

*still lives like a poor person because bulk of paycheck goes to buying status symbols*

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
*is responsible for throwing off every single conference schedule because I forgot my "dongle" and/or can't figure out how to display the presentation on the projector*

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
*goes outside frequently*

*exercises*

*smells nice*

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
*uses Mac to share photos of one year trip around the world with real life black and Chinese friends*

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I don't know what I'm going to do when my iPod Classic's no longer repairable, but the fact that it's still working perfectly tells me all I need to know about why Apple no longer sells them.

Apple's whole set-up for elegant, simple product design actually peaked with the click-wheel iPod, IMO. They've been riding the wave of "dumbing down tech for the 'average' user" since day one.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
*installs windows*

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
*is a 4 year old, demands anger birds*

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Naerasa posted:

Macs reboot fast enough now that I give that pinwheel like five seconds before saying 'welp gently caress it' and rebooting. Everything auto-saves anyway so who gives a poo poo?

You flat out missed the point. well done I guess

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
*has access to the best apps*
*looks cool*
*isnt stupid*
*rubs cold brushed metals all over naked body*

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

*has to use one at work and it's a loving nightmare to actually do anything vaguely complex*

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

*has device deliberately crippled to the point of non-usability by mandatory software updates on a device made with $400 of precious metals*
WELP TIME TO TOSS THIS OUT FOR THE NEXT BIG THING
*drives to apple store in nissan leaf, sucks off 20 guys in the bathroom*

This makes me stomping mad but to be fair Android does the same exact poo poo. my phone ran great when I bought it and then 2 updates later and it lags just navigating the home screens. Did a factory reset to make sure it wasn't an issue on my end but nope lol.

also lol at that error 53 poo poo idk what the gently caress those idiots were thinking but even if they win the class action lawsuit that is going to hit them any day now they're still going to lose tons of good will

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 10, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Melmac posted:

They just started bricking phones that aren't repaired by them lol

To stay on topic :

*Needs USB hub to plug in two devices*

Also

*perfectly acceptable iphone thickness for some reason now cut in half*
*has half the battery life now*

For the next iphone they will be getting red of the headphone jack

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
*vapes* (probably)

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

For the next iphone they will be getting red of the headphone jack

lol I'm gonna short APPL

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
"no headphone jack? It's okay I'll just buy more peripherals from you! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

idk why people are getting so up in arms about this, i bought a $900 phone and now all I need to make it work with my headphones is a separate adapter and clip! also lol you loving know Apple is going to charge more than $15 for such a thing.

geez just buy bluetooth headphones anyway it's not like they're expensive anymore!!! What do you mean you snowboard for hours on end and you don't want to dick around with charging headphones or using heavy batteries?!

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
*poo poo finaly works without forced butthole updates every secound and failing batteries*

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Hey everyone, I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
*poo poo-talks Intel*
(Apple switches from Motorola -> Intel for their desktop chips)
*furiously masturbates to Intel, pretends Motorola doesn't exist*

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Pawl posted:

Hey everyone, I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt

Hahhahaha. Love that one.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Skinny King Pimp posted:

what even stats programs do you people use?

Depends on the prof. we have one that uses TSP/GiveWin. Then we have Gams, Gauss, SPSS, SAS, limdep, NLogit, STATA, and R (which I think is the only one that runs on mac).

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*holds memorial service for executive they have never met*

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Apple's whole set-up for elegant, simple product design actually peaked with the click-wheel iPod, IMO. They've been riding the wave of "dumbing down tech for the 'average' user" since day one.

amen, a blind man can use those. these lovely touch screens with no indication as to what button you're pressing are trash

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
" I love garageband, it's really helped me grow as an artist"

*strums G Em C D*

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
*enthusiastically and sincerely loves marketing*

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

*listens to the free itunes U2 album on repeat because it's the voice of our generation*

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

FishionMailed posted:

"no headphone jack? It's okay I'll just buy more peripherals from you! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

idk why people are getting so up in arms about this, i bought a $900 phone and now all I need to make it work with my headphones is a separate adapter and clip! also lol you loving know Apple is going to charge more than $15 for such a thing.

geez just buy bluetooth headphones anyway it's not like they're expensive anymore!!! What do you mean you snowboard for hours on end and you don't want to dick around with charging headphones or using heavy batteries?!

LOL at that second guy. 'If only apple started using USB c so they could start a trend and we could use our headset on any device we want!:spergin:'

Oh, you mean like a 3.5mm headphone jack?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
*is told to click on start button*

What?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
*buys 4000 dollar tower that doesn't include a monitor, mouse, keyboard, or DVD drive.*

*has option to buy 100 dollar superdrive peripheral that isn't super enough to do bluray*

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
*is everybody who is cool and admittedly some not so cool people but whatever*

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
Lot of jealous poors itt

Posted from my iPad

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ProperCoochie posted:

" I love garageband, it's really helped me grow as an artist"

*strums G Em C D*

*indie chick instantly recognizes "In the Aeroplane over the Sea," commences fellatio*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

beedeebee posted:

LOL at that second guy. 'If only apple started using USB c so they could start a trend and we could use our headset on any device we want!:spergin:'

Oh, you mean like a 3.5mm headphone jack?

Why does the phone need to be that goddamn thin for anyway? The loving iPhone 6 is already so thin that the camera sticks out so the drat phone wobbles on your table.

Apple "bucking the trend" when they used their own connector for charging was acceptable back in the iPhone 1 days when every stupid company used their own cable for charging; and even when USB was becoming standard some used mini and some used micro. So while annoying, it wasn't the end of the world.

But getting rid of the loving headphone jack?? An audio standard from before most of us were born? hahahaha

• Locked thread