Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Holodeck = Lowtax Shuts down SA?
Yes - It was inevitable
No - Goons and by some extension the internet cannot die
Maybe - The illuminati/1%
Idiot - I am idiot and there are probably websites dedicated to this question
View Results

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
so how do they handle all the walking in the holodeck? Is the floor a treadmill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

FishionMailed posted:

when the fuckdeck is invented I'll promptly spend 20 hours a day in that bitch no problem

if we live in a society much like that in star trek. I'll never leave it, theres no point to work anyways everything can be replicated.

Just throw a replicator in that room for pizza and gently caress all day.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Weren't the holodecks not real physical things though? Like originally it was just light. Until they came up with some bullshit excuse for it being solid light.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HAmbONE posted:

I am sure there have been many iterations of the holodeck created by different species. I don't remember much from Enterprise other than quarantined hot vulcan.

In Starfleet technology; anything within reach of the user is made "as real as possible" depending on level of interaction. Anything outside of your physical presence simply converts back to an image.

I think they got hard light thats why the doctor on voyager was able to like punch people n poo poo.

• Locked thread