Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Polegrinder posted:

So I snagged a beta key from that website giveaway linked earlier. First, I'm concerned my computer will be able to run this game smoothly with my poo poo GPU. Second, is this another BnS like game, with lots of flash and no content? I love the combat in BnS and this game looks to improve upon that greatly, but if there is nothing to do at max level except PvP then I want to stay far away. I'm considering giving away the key if this is going to be a poo poo tier game. Thanks

Word is it will be a stupid grind to the soft cap and even stupider after that, but there are plenty of side distractions like collecting nodes and buildings, working on conversation relationships and other crafting type poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Polegrinder posted:

So I snagged a beta key from that website giveaway linked earlier. First, I'm concerned my computer will be able to run this game smoothly with my poo poo GPU. Second, is this another BnS like game, with lots of flash and no content? I love the combat in BnS and this game looks to improve upon that greatly, but if there is nothing to do at max level except PvP then I want to stay far away. I'm considering giving away the key if this is going to be a poo poo tier game. Thanks

Maybe use your free key to come to your own conclusion? It won't be usable for long anyway.

If you hate grinding stay away.

Nevz
Aug 13, 2009
I'm looking for a game where I don't feel completely gimped by not playing non stop.

Scared to get into an MMO because I still want some form of a life! is this game pretty casual friendly or what? I can do occasional raids for gear, and enjoy dungeons etc and love PVP but all combined is the grind strong with this one?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Craft is not really necessary, even for thirstier classes. You can find a top PvP players that won't be able to explain you how to tame a horse.

Just use your loving brain. You punch the trees to get the wood. You get the wood to build the cabin.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

There's an 'energy' mechanic that replenishes over time which you need for a lot of the crafting type things, so playing non-stop can actually be detrimental there. But it sort of remains to be seen how much anyone gives a drat about that crafting and whether you'll find it interesting is anyone's guess. For what it's worth I think all the various systems make an intriguing package but also a bit overwhelming. That will probably be your first reaction, an overload of poo poo going on, then you have to try and figure out what out of the mess is actually not pointless. Even the UI is kind of a mess with crap everywhere to be honest.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

Just use your loving brain. You punch the trees to get the wood. You get the wood to build the cabin.

Your military service made you so tsundere

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

New update to Markov Chain Simulator looking great.

Polegrinder posted:

It is an explicitly PvP oriented game. It will run reasonably smoothly on most comptuers, if it's optimized well enough to run decently on my laptop on not even lowest settings. As to whether if this is going to be a poo poo tier game is something you will have to see for yourself.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 10, 2016

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean you sperg gently caress.

kalstrams posted:

New update to Markov Chain Simulator looking great.
It is an explicitly PvP oriented game. It will run reasonably smoothly on most comptuers, if it's optimized well enough to run decently on my laptop on not even lowest settings. As to whether if this is going to be a poo poo tier game is something you will have to see for yourself.

Everything you have loving said about this game so far has been wrong, useless and loving stupid. I award you no points and suggest you go back to clown school you loving goblin.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nevz posted:

I'm looking for a game where I don't feel completely gimped by not playing non stop.

Scared to get into an MMO because I still want some form of a life! is this game pretty casual friendly or what? I can do occasional raids for gear, and enjoy dungeons etc and love PVP but all combined is the grind strong with this one?
You most definitely will feel completely gimped in PvP by not playing frequently at the very least. The game is casual-friendly to a rather mild extent. There are no raids and dungeons to speak off, few open world bosses aside, which happen to be one of the main alley to feel gimped on as turbospergs from half the server come crushing on you (assuming you actually had scouts online to catch the respawn timer first, you may as well never see the boss). Also right above:

DancingShade posted:

If you hate grinding stay away.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi drinkfist how has your day been

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You seem grumpy

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Look, realtalk this game is going to be unfulfilling as heck. I just want to play it so I can be the scythe-wielding tittywitch I know I was born to be. It's like imagine a typical MMO but there's even less content. No raids, barely (maybe) dungeons, laughable world boss encounters, etc. Endgame is going to be all PvP. Endgame for me will be making pubbies cry with my anime lady until I get bored of that and quit forever!!

Good things about this game? Combat, graphics, character creator.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean you sperg gently caress.
Don't worry, he's off, you're more of a yangire, really.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wowww

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Look, realtalk this game is going to be unfulfilling as heck. I just want to play it so I can be the scythe-wielding tittywitch I know I was born to be. It's like imagine a typical MMO but there's even less content. No raids, barely (maybe) dungeons, laughable world boss encounters, etc. Endgame is going to be all PvP. Endgame for me will be making pubbies cry with my anime lady until I get bored of that and quit forever!!

Good things about this game? Combat, graphics, character creator.
To each it's own, some people wait for meaningful continuation to CC-era Lineage 2. Will this be it, or quick fix - time will show. I just hope it doesn't chokes like both western versions of ArcheAge did pronto.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Don't worry, he's off, you're more of a yangire, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRU4vh3YcAM

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

To each it's own, some people wait for meaningful continuation to CC-era Lineage 2. Will this be it, or quick fix - time will show. I just hope it doesn't chokes like both western versions of ArcheAge did pronto.

Ill give you something to loving choke on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Post the person bayonetting the anime

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Considering they've stated that NA release will be 4-6 months behind the KR version, unless in a sudden radical shift in direction occurs I don't think you'll be surprised by any new changes. Despite the NA feedback pretty much going "all of this is poo poo and we'll hate it" and it doesn't sound like they've accepted much feedback for NA except for EXP rates. :cripes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yacOhxLutX4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Considering they've stated that NA release will be 4-6 months behind the KR version, unless in a sudden radical shift in direction occurs I don't think you'll be surprised by any new changes. Despite the NA feedback pretty much going "all of this is poo poo and we'll hate it" and it doesn't sound like they've accepted much feedback for NA except for EXP rates. :cripes:
See, that's the thing. They've shown will to implement dumb changes based on incompetent wishes, so I don't hold my breath that from here on it shall be flawless. Besides that, you never know with modern KMMOs if 90% of population won't abandon the game after a week or two for one reason or another.

How well this EU/NA ArcheAge do after the release? It had triple the preorders compared to BDO.

I'd like to be optimistic, but I was born on the wrong coast for that.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

See, that's the thing. They've shown will to implement dumb changes based on incompetent wishes, so I don't hold my breath that from here on it shall be flawless. Besides that, you never know with modern KMMOs if 90% of population won't abandon the game after a week or two for one reason or another.

How well this EU/NA ArcheAge do after the release? It had triple the preorders compared to BDO.

I'd like to be optimistic, but I was born on the wrong coast for that.

Keep in mind that this is Buy2Play so as long as the cash shop isn't complete and utter bullshit, it'll do well. The general MMO playing public knows the Black Desert name after years of hype so if they're not playing at launch, they'll be playing soon after.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Keep in mind that this is Buy2Play so as long as the cash shop isn't complete and utter bullshit, it'll do well. The general MMO playing public knows the Black Desert name after years of hype so if they're not playing at launch, they'll be playing soon after.
We'll see. I'm optimistic about buy-to-play model and the publisher we're having, but there's no telling of the future.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i look forward to not playing this by April

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
I look forward to being the rear end in a top hat who says "holy gently caress why did anyone get involved with this piece of garbage" in six months when the company gets desperate and starts throwing in pay-to-win cash shop poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i look forward to not playing this by April

You shouldn't because that's when Dark Souls 3 comes out. Clear that schedule.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also the triple post, that first one was much much angrier in the first draft but I decided the thread doesn't need another drinkfist

thank you for your service, drinkfist

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
So is this going to be the next Archage of goonfuckery and tears? because holy poo poo last time was amazing to watch from the sidelines :allears:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

I've complained about pretty much everything on that list, I'm greatly disappointed that it's not the same game that was being hyped up back in 2012 but I can't really blame Daum's Western division for any of it. Without completely overhauling core mechanics, I don't see what they could've done, especially this far behind where the Korean version is right now.

Velencia looks like it's a step in the right direction, and who knows where it'll be two years from now but I've just learned to settle for what it is rather than what it could be. I have Chronicles of Elyria for that MMO pipe dream.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I seriously hope these idiots dont expect people to grind post 50 leves at 1/4 of the effective exp rate

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So let me get this straight since everyone seems to hate it, I can't walk around and punch guys and have fun with this for a month for $30?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

So let me get this straight since everyone seems to hate it, I can't walk around and punch guys and have fun with this for a month for $30?

I think the general consensus is disappointment over what it could've been as initially announced/advertised. Worth :10bux: + :20bux: imo

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 11, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michymech posted:

So is this going to be the next Archage of goonfuckery and tears? because holy poo poo last time was amazing to watch from the sidelines :allears:

Albion had goonfuckery, but it wasn't as good as Archeage

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Albion had goonfuckery, but it wasn't as good as Archeage

The way you guys talk about it makes me wish I didn't give up halfway through leveling.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fat and Useless posted:

I've had fun with games way worse than this for $30

if you like game, thats good, like it

if you think game is bad but you still manage to have fun, have fun

for me its all about did you get what you wanted for the price you paid out of the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The way you guys talk about it makes me wish I didn't give up halfway through leveling.

Albion we just had t-shirt sales guy steal our guild bank
Archeage legitimately had a goon pedophile, goons defending pedophile, multiple major guild thefts, goons getting banned from other games, etc

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

I think the general consensus is disappointment over what it could've been as initially announced/advertised. Worth :10bux: + :20bux: imo

:agreed:

buy it to punch mans in a pretty world

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Eonwe posted:

Thanks for my word of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like in AA we had a guy who was an officer (can't remember his name) who ran this dungeon over and over and over for armor and browbeat goons into helping him run the dungeon

but if this specific high tier armor dropped, it was his, nobody was allowed to roll on it

He had multiple sets of this high tier armor and it was supposed to go to goons

oh wait, he hosed off and left to another guild with the armor

materials for the castle? yeah, we gave all of that to one guy

guess what he did

he hosed off with half a castles worth a stone or something

we pooled gilda to get people merchant ships so they could help people do trade runs

half the people with merchant ships would get mad if you asked to help them do a trade run