Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
I learned nothing from my $150 on ArcheAge and bought the $99 founders for this.

I think I'm ready.

Misren fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Demarolath posted:

I learned nothing from my $150 on ArcheAge and bought the $99 founders for this.

I think I'm ready.

If there was any lesson learned from Archeage it was never trust a guild leader with anything more difficult than cat herding. (that and gently caress Trion)

Also nobody should try and give goons orders like "don't attack these dudes because fishing pact". That's like waving a red flag soaked in meat juices to a half bull half piranha.

Just let one's fellow goons roam free, like wildebeests.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

DancingShade posted:

Also nobody should try and give goons orders like "don't attack these dudes because fishing pact". That's like waving a red flag soaked in meat juices to a half bull half piranha.

The funniest thing about the "fishing pact" was it was written so badly that kimsemus didn't actually break any of the rules

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gwrtheyrn posted:

The funniest thing about the "fishing pact" was it was written so badly that kimsemus didn't actually break any of the rules

Gold farming was so Serious Business that angry goons chased him into/out of other games. I have no idea if there were other reasons - I don't really know him personally - but it was funny to watch goons act like exactly like the pubbies we make fun of.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

So they tested stuff and realized some of their sandboxy poo poo didn't work as intended and took it out?

Also gently caress AA goonfuckery, I'm still salty bout that poo poo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

gwrtheyrn posted:

This is true. Expect lots of fun roams and other GvG events as I can lead them in BDO, if goons are interested.

DancingShade posted:

Gold farming was so Serious Business that angry goons chased him into/out of other games. I have no idea if there were other reasons - I don't really know him personally - but it was funny to watch goons act like exactly like the pubbies we make fun of.

The whole fishing pact thing was enough reason for me to get hounded out of goonswarm in EVE and kicked from Goonrathi in SC, but that was mostly DBRB being mad nobody was listening to him and his marlin fishing being "ruined."

Was worth it, made a lot of good friends in AA I still talk to regularly. :toot:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goon AA drama sounds amazing. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

It was :allears:

I missed a lot of it though. Since I'd already played with "the gang" during the Archeage alpha and spent extensive time listening to personality A causing friction with personality B etc, etc, I saw the goon infighting writing on the wall long before release and come launch rolled on a different server with a small group of other goons I knew separately.

It was the right choice, pity about that game turning into what it was though. Hindsight is easy now of course.

I'm sure that won't possibly happen with Black Desert again! :toot:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

All the best parts ended up in one of the many threads here anyways

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The salt is real, I'm watching the stream for 20 minutes and it's just marvelous. Guy is farming some really tough archer NPCs, and is getting ganked by the same guy on the spot, twice in these 20 minutes. Both times last hit is on the NPC so I presume that ganker incurs only minimal karma penalty for aggression. So far I've heard praises towards every server except Russia, lamenting of having to play on Russia, and lots of pure salt about the gank and about running out of potions.

Fake edit: Oh, now self-deprecating reroll chat. This game will be amazing post-50, while it lasts - players just need to be vocal.

:allears:

Edit: Is this gank #3?
Edit2: Not yet. :mad:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 11, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Open pvp is really enough to be used as griefing, drama, and reason to play.

As of yet the pvp restrictions are not that harsh for what NA looks like it will have. I really hope to see the CBT2 info soon.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Meanwhile in the salt mines, mobs just killed the guy without any player involvement. It was instagib. :allears:

Third World Reggin posted:

Open pvp is really enough to be used as griefing, drama, and reason to play.

As of yet the pvp restrictions are not that harsh for what NA looks like it will have. I really hope to see the CBT2 info soon.
I hope gullible idiots on brown forums acid can whine developers into even more relaxed open PvP ruleset. Even then it still should be good, at first at least, unless they gently caress up open world PvP even more than it's in Korea, somehow, which though is extremely unlikely.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I think Stormgale was our only pooling success story.

Eonwe posted:

Yes we ran Stormgale ragged on trade runs lmao

"Success"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

kalstrams posted:

For your information, SSN registration in Korea is due to how toxic their communities can be. :v:

I'm a 65 year old Korean when I play KMMO games. I find this amusing for some reason. I feel as though I should send him regular mails and explain my exploits in the virtual world. I'm sure he's quite proud of what I've accomplished in his name.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't lie Stormgale, your secret fetish is being whipped like a donkey while you "handle" large items.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Don't lie Stormgale, your secret fetish is being whipped like a donkey while you "handle" large items.

Can I get real for a moment? Am I allowed?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Beanless chili is the only chili that matters. Let's put the stop the reign of terror of radical culinaric terrorists, let's buy a door to keep bean havers out of our country. Make kitchen great again!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stormgale posted:

Can I get real for a moment? Am I allowed?

Yes, proceed.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Yes, proceed.

I unironically enjoy working and organising poo poo like secret farms or Tractor convoys or pirate raids, I like that sort of organisational challene

I am a broken Person.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stormgale posted:

I unironically enjoy working and organising poo poo like secret farms or Tractor convoys or pirate raids, I like that sort of organisational challene

I am a broken Person.

We know, it's OK :)

You're either organized, or what were we talking about again?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

We know, it's OK :)

You're either organized, or what were we talking about again?

hey stanely, the PPS-43 in heroes and generals owns

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hey stanely, the PPS-43 in heroes and generals owns

LIES!

Is that the next one you unlock or the first one? I thought the second unlock was the PPSH.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh boy am i strapped in for another trip down bad mmo lane

wushugoons are good people

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rafzakael posted:

oh boy am i strapped in for another trip down bad mmo lane

wushugoons are good people

it has been amazing how many people of late have come into mumble just to remember wushu

also lol at every wushu goon thinking they were old school wushu when most of them don't even know of the god drat monkey wars

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

it has been amazing how many people of late have come into mumble just to remember wushu

also lol at every wushu goon thinking they were old school wushu when most of them don't even know of the god drat monkey wars

i remember hy_c teaching me how to wushu and you making me a thing and just chilling and making fun of the super serious players in governmental positions who also targeted us in meditation because 'gently caress goons'

p sure i came into wushu right after monkey wars or something, i don't really remember. it was fun tho

e: oh bejeweled crafting was fun too

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
All I remember is goons bringing the PVP to the PVP game filled with PVE carebears.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
All these stupid loving contests, no first come first serve giveaways.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

kalstrams posted:

It was, it was what made the game great.

Ive told this to Eonwe, but in case anyone who remembers the incident and amount of drama that followed, it was me and a buddy who ganked that wicked officer early on and took his tradepack, causing him to have a meltdown and demand all the high level meetings with goon leaders.
We had just left the guild over the pedo defenders, but my wife was an officer and hadn't left yet, but was hanging out with us. We had made a guild with a tag that looked like "GOON" and were looking for friendlies to kill, when we see some guy from wicked. We still had whatever the goon symbol was on our sails, so he waved at and passed by really lose with seemingly no concern in the world. My buddy lassoed his rear end off his boat and he and I commenced killing him surprisingly quickly, as he was quite unprepared for a fight.

We didn't think much of it until my wife told us that it was being mentioned in goon chat, and that wicked was mad about goons betraying them. Wicked blamed my wife for it, and I think had a screen shot of her standing on the boat. We thought that this was the only grief that would result, but then we got to hear the recordings from wicked's mumble of their reaction and read the transcripts of the officer meetings that followed. It seemed to kick off a lot of the suspicion that undermined the alliance, for which we couldn't have been happier. We were also the "goons" that kept attacking the fishers, at least until kismensus came back and burnt everything to the ground.

Was it kismensus or werkwerk who led the raid that became a giant fight against wicked out in the ocean after we stole their tradeship? The amount of rage in general chat after that was also p funny. Also the CDC blockades.

If we can get close to repeating that stuff in this game, or any of the stories werkwerk has told me about wushu, $30 will be worth it no matter how bad the game itself is

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The CDC blockades were good times.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Bait and Swatch posted:

If we can get close to repeating that stuff in this game, or any of the stories werkwerk has told me about wushu, $30 will be worth it no matter how bad the game itself is

werkwerk has a horrible memory and often remembers things completely incorrect. Go ahead and assume they were different and better. Also less use of the words fat, stupid, and pubbie.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

All these stupid loving contests, no first come first serve giveaways.
There were like 3 first come first server giveaways yesterday.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

It was, it was what made the game great.

Ive told this to Eonwe, but in case anyone who remembers the incident and amount of drama that followed, it was me and a buddy who ganked that wicked officer early on and took his tradepack, causing him to have a meltdown and demand all the high level meetings with goon leaders.
We had just left the guild over the pedo defenders, but my wife was an officer and hadn't left yet, but was hanging out with us. We had made a guild with a tag that looked like "GOON" and were looking for friendlies to kill, when we see some guy from wicked. We still had whatever the goon symbol was on our sails, so he waved at and passed by really lose with seemingly no concern in the world. My buddy lassoed his rear end off his boat and he and I commenced killing him surprisingly quickly, as he was quite unprepared for a fight.

We didn't think much of it until my wife told us that it was being mentioned in goon chat, and that wicked was mad about goons betraying them. Wicked blamed my wife for it, and I think had a screen shot of her standing on the boat. We thought that this was the only grief that would result, but then we got to hear the recordings from wicked's mumble of their reaction and read the transcripts of the officer meetings that followed. It seemed to kick off a lot of the suspicion that undermined the alliance, for which we couldn't have been happier. We were also the "goons" that kept attacking the fishers, at least until kismensus came back and burnt everything to the ground.

Was it kismensus or werkwerk who led the raid that became a giant fight against wicked out in the ocean after we stole their tradeship? The amount of rage in general chat after that was also p funny. Also the CDC blockades.

:dogbutton: The gently caress did westerners do in ArcheAge that is hasn't happened in 6 years of nullsec EVE Online?

Edit: In a hindsight though, my guild leader did hire professional Korean-Russian translators for our closed betas, with priority service agreement. So maybe meeting transcript is fairly mild. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

kalstrams posted:

:dogbutton: The gently caress did westerners do in ArcheAge that is hasn't happened in 6 years of nullsec EVE Online?

Edit: In a hindsight though, my guild leader did hire professional Korean-Russian translators for our closed betas, with priority service agreement. So maybe meeting transcript is fairly mild. :v:

The difference between goon content generators in other MMOs vs many goon leaders in EVE is that we're more concerned with having fun and making sure other goons have fun, instead of running some kind of creepy pseudo-professional corporation where you have to submit your social security number for a background check while jerking each other off because of how great we're supposed to be. :v:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kalstrams posted:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

never forget :911:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I got my BDO key
http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/11/black-desert-cb-keys/#keys

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

No one gives a poo poo about Eve except for Eve Goons, who should remember to stay in their thread least we sic Drinkfist on you.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing, I'm sure a lot of the people in this thread including myself will donate our trial keys to people willing to participate in fishing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

already out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gone already. That was quick.