Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

Returning back to this for the 3rd time, I must conclude that Western BDO fans are literally retarded on the whole, since it looks like we're getting something like 4.1 times the Korean experience rate if I have found reasonable numbers. Which would mean sperging levelling rate like this (sorry for open sores lovely histogram):

I hope Trump becomes president while developers give carte blanche to PKs so idiots begging for this can be chased out of the loving game, being reminded that they can't do poo poo purely because the experience rate they begged for.

Edit: gently caress, I'm getting real mad from brown forums acid. Time to check out new story chapter in SW:TOR.

Edit2:
By the way, this is dry already.

fuckin lol at that experience curve
MMOs and the people who play them are loving abysmal human beings

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

Does my homeboy need to J4G or can I sponsor him

I will raise hell and make everyone involved as miserable as I can if there is any redtape to letting friends play with you

please don't have him join SA unless he actually wants to post here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

Just use your loving brain. You punch the trees to get the wood. You get the wood to build the cabin.

Your military service made you so tsundere

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi drinkfist how has your day been

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You seem grumpy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wowww

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Post the person bayonetting the anime

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yacOhxLutX4

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i look forward to not playing this by April

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michymech posted:

So is this going to be the next Archage of goonfuckery and tears? because holy poo poo last time was amazing to watch from the sidelines :allears:

Albion had goonfuckery, but it wasn't as good as Archeage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fat and Useless posted:

So let me get this straight since everyone seems to hate it, I can't walk around and punch guys and have fun with this for a month for $30?

I've had fun with games way worse than this for $30

if you like game, thats good, like it

if you think game is bad but you still manage to have fun, have fun

for me its all about did you get what you wanted for the price you paid out of the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The way you guys talk about it makes me wish I didn't give up halfway through leveling.

Albion we just had t-shirt sales guy steal our guild bank
Archeage legitimately had a goon pedophile, goons defending pedophile, multiple major guild thefts, goons getting banned from other games, etc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like in AA we had a guy who was an officer (can't remember his name) who ran this dungeon over and over and over for armor and browbeat goons into helping him run the dungeon

but if this specific high tier armor dropped, it was his, nobody was allowed to roll on it

He had multiple sets of this high tier armor and it was supposed to go to goons

oh wait, he hosed off and left to another guild with the armor

materials for the castle? yeah, we gave all of that to one guy

guess what he did

he hosed off with half a castles worth a stone or something

we pooled gilda to get people merchant ships so they could help people do trade runs

half the people with merchant ships would get mad if you asked to help them do a trade run

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

Thanks for my word of the day.

your?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also look, fair warning here

a lot of the Wushu goons are playing this, like Drinkfist for example

Drinkfist will be a huge dick to you on the forums, on Mumble, in game, whatever

you'd think, well that makes Drinkfist a dick

but not really, he is actually p good and alright and he'll help you with something if you need help (but he'll call you an idiot while he is doing it)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so what I'm saying is Drinkfist is the ultimate tsundere

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also the wushu goons will happily tell you how bad this game, but they'll play it too

they play really bad games and find ways to make them fun, and that is, IMO

good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

No, I get it, I'm in the military and I am 'tsundre' to the new guys.

thank you for your service.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fat and Useless posted:

I have low standards for fun, bought.

welcome, enjoy your bad purchase with us if you dare

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sorry guys you will also have to put up with my lovely posting in this thread until I get bored with the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes we ran Stormgale ragged on trade runs lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Check this thread out. He thinks there's gonna be political conspiracies, guild spies and warning players to be extremely calculative in their affiliations with certain guilds because if the guild dies and you're friends with the wrong people, you're hosed

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11313-surviving-the-sandbox-a-guide/&page=1

Lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It is very important for you to know that every decision you make from now until the end of your Black Desert career will be experience-altering. For example, the guild you join now will determine your future in the game. If the guild you join implodes, fails, or becomes redundant you will be associated with that guilds failure. Your past enemies will likely not recruit you and you will not find it easy to get a new home.

Be careful who you trust. Trusting the wrong person can be costly for a number of reasons and you should remain guarded and avoid trusting people unless you have very good reason. There are people that will betray you just for fun or use you as a tool for espionage campaigns waged by experienced spies within your guild.

Never let your plans be known - not even to your members, if you are a leader. Make calls to arms (CTA) but do not inform them why. " Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt "

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I find that people like nothing more than not being told why to do something in video game guilds by a bossy shitler, best of luck to him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michymech posted:

Just a pitty that stormgale was a insufferable cuntspeg all the time

He is good, actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zach the Drifter posted:

I'm here to bring this conversation back on track. As the land baron, Autobot, I absolutely loved ArchAge. Started with controlling all of the territory and then went on to taking everyone's trade ships as a pirate. Best MMO I ever had the opportunity to play. Seriously, you guys were just doing it wrong

I had a lot of land, but it was still terrible

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

From what I remember, the pedos and pedo defenders liked to try and deny the things they said/did, so goons started keeping proof and posting it on the forums.

yes, that did happen

the best part was when they used the IRC channel to coordinate with the pedo after denying it constantly, until someone posted screenshots of IRC where they were openly coordinating with him

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PurplieNurplie posted:

Where do you enter keys on the site? Seems to be pushing for pre-orders, there's no like 'put in a code here!' link or whatever.

the massively link said the keys can't be entered till tomorrow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i felt a strange pull towards this thread

welcome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My hope is that the goons who end up running the guild don't jerk off about how much better they are than pubbies

If there is a cool non goon that wants to join, they should be allowed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it does, but just think 2 months from now when goons get bored, if we've let cool people play, then there would still be people playing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Eonwe should lead the guild.

that sounds awful for me and the people I'd lead

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
follow me by following someone else!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

The best guild leaders are the ones that can tell people to shut the gently caress up. Well, raid leaders anyway.

drinkfist, grithok, stanley, and lewtt for guild leader

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

Haha, id forgotten about Lincoln, that guy was a treasure :allears:

In fact, The first time I met Eonwe was when he was TKing Lincoln repeatedly for acting like a sperglord. Good stuff

lol I remember that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes: see you guys next MMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lewtt posted:

gently caress-Y0UM-0THR-FUKR

i'm talking to drinkfist right now, he's probated but he says he'll lead
he says he's sorry for killing skyforge. he's also begging for forgiveness for sassing half the thread and said he'll fix his alcoholism so this kind of thing won't happen again

Lol