Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I seriously hope these idiots dont expect people to grind post 50 leves at 1/4 of the effective exp rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FireWhizzle posted:

People don't take context and time into account :(

BDO release was competing with late AA in KR, and they wanted to do it better. What they found is that since much of the playerbase overlapped, and the playerbase wante..

you know what gently caress it we'll skip the holy poo poo patches

+20 is not suicide on KR. It's a quick grind to max, and a hard think about how you want to acquire money to be able to afford +20 gear. +20 is the starting point for endgame, as it gets better than that. You need to think about farming the world boss(es) regularly, camping the market for drops/gains, and making horses sex, so you can sell the sex products for money.

PVP? Na, that doesn't really net you much money but is fun I guess

Have things changed since korean release becase im pretty sure that anything after 15 was in the single digit percent chances and would cause your weapon to lose durability which made you have to buy more of the same weapon to recover it.

It was a loving hell grind. Steparu mentioned as much and the dude loves grinding

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everything I read is that witch is going to be in the US release. No reason why it shouldn't wizard and witch are both the same classes.

vvv
its right there in the preorder page

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 15, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Witch and wizard press less buttons because they stand still while charging nukes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DancingShade posted:

If it cuts down the industrial level of gold spam bots in most MMOs then I'm all for it.

Spam bots are still going to be there because gold spamers just want your credit card details, not actually selling you anything. Real gold farming operations dont advertise. I remember playing a game that had zero ways of trading items or money between players and there were tons of spammers anyways.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jimlit posted:

The issue for me is I don't fully understand the benifits of any of the items included in those packs. Like is the horse invulnerable or can you immediately drive your tier 5 horse to a watery grave...

Horse death, at least in the korean version, wasn't permanent. You could go to a stable and revive it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Are pets account or character bound?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No shame in saying you preordered RIFT. At launch it was a pretty drat good game all things considered. Then they sort of stoped giving a gently caress and the game stagnated after the first year.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The outrage on the forums is going to be great. I can't believe they're treating a b2p game like this.

I don't really see the benefit we have over the f2p versions in other countries. Seems like it's just a barrier for entry for the sake of loving over botters. Is there any tangible benefit?

Its not even that, the chinamen are going to buy accounts with stolen credit cards so they can bot and spam. Even if there isn't any trading worth a drat, they'll find a way to make money. Somehow.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 23, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also lets stop calling level 50 a soft cap. This isn't the case anymore like it was during the korean launch and we didn't know about awakened weapons and skills post 50. You'll be unlocking your awakened weapon at 56, and you are still unlocking abilities after that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

kalstrams posted:

Not only that, but also the overall uselessness of introducing expansion content early on. It is somewhat heavily gated, so besides classes and a few other things, there's not much you will really be able to make out of the Media and Valencia content any time soon.
Guild gathering can not be delegated to your slaves, as far as I know.

Just look at the content reviews from Steparu during the Media and Valencia 1.0 releases. There just isn't much there. Following the korean content schedule would be pretty much suicide by lethargy and they basically need to rush down to valencia 2.0 as quick as possible in the states if they want to retain people in the long run.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I told all you fuckers daum loving sucked

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pooned posted:

I bought the travellers pack but it says "head start access only possible with pre-order package". Is there delay in the launch or do my pack not considered "pre-order" because I bought it so late? I bought it two days ago.

Even though the game isn't technically out, buying the game now doesn't amount to having a pre-order. I honestly dont understand why they didn't allow people to buy the game and immediately get into the early access other than Korea or some database issues. Both are equally probable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Grausherra posted:

So I tried to purchase the Traveler's Package edition and it's like the game is trying to warn me to stay away by giving internal errors when I try to check out.

Everything is in maintenance right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh that patch client looks weird. Like something birthed by ANet. In the korean version you used to boot the game from their web page, through a hook that would start up your client in your computer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harlock posted:

Can you make a comparison to Blade & Soul with how the combat works? I wasn't a big fan of that, but the theme/world looks better in BDO.

The combat in BDO is a little more hectic and beat em up than B&S. The directions you press as you use one of your keybinds will influence how an attack behaves. The vast majority of your attacks dont even use the typical 1-0 binds, instead a combination of directions, charges, things like mouse clicks e and shift.

Both combats feel good. BDOs feel like its more free thanks to the input system, I still think B&S combat and classes have more depth though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think their website login server is connected to their video game servers because the only reason why I can think I'm getting 502d is because the people rushing into the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its weird that the valkyrie awakening video was teased in janaury and they never released the follow up like they usually did. I think its suppose to come out this month according to their schedule? I really want to see how that shield + lance works.

vvv
Its closer to valencia 2.0

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 3, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK so what have daum done in the last year thats made my game run like utter poo poo right now? Used to be that I could play this with a 2500k and a 760 mostly fine except for the usual draw distance issue but now with a 980ti and a 4790k it runs pretty drat bad and also somehow hard crashed my computer into a restart?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh apparently dedicated fullscreen somehow completely fucks up the game, now I'm running at like 85+fps

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Fullscreen mode sets your refresh rate to like 30

I think it dropped down to 24, I think it wanted me to feel all cinematic or something :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man this game does such a poo poo job at culling, I wish there was an intermedium between "cull everything you aren't looking at" and "render absolutely everything!". 90 fps without high end mode on but massive culling/pop in issues, or 45 fps with minimal pop in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How to play a valkyrie-

Valkyries are pretty simple to play and skill, they have like 4 primary abilities that you will want to focus on, but the level reqs for leveled up ones mean that you'll have plenty of points left to put into secondary abilities while leveling.

Primary Abilities

Sword of Judgement (backwards + RMB)- Your main source of damage both for melee aoe and single target. Its a bunch of damage in a frontal cone, drains your holy power at a high pace.

Throw Shield
(backwards + Q)- Lob your shield in a straight line doing tons of damage to mobs and stunning them +flipping them around. Does not stun if on cooldown. Useful for aoe grinding at mid range, by the time the mobs get close to you they'll be pretty much dead.

Just Guard- (while blocking forward + LMB) Somewhat different from the other classes, valks primary method of regenerating resources is by blocking attacks and using just guard to poke at enemies while blocking. Does ok damage, but it lets you keep guard up which helps when pulling massive packs.

Celestial Spear- (backwards + e) Huge burst in a very small area and slow enemies struck by it. You can use this ability to cancel out of other animations. This things would make it good enough to max out, but the real boon this thing has is the boosted crit rate you get after using it. At max level its a whopping 80% extra crit rate for 5 seconds.

Secondary abilities

Punishment (E)- You grab a dude and smack him in the ground knocking him and his buddies on their asses. Good damage and CC, perfect to use after softening mobs with shield throws.

Heavens Echo (Shift + Q) - Your taunt that also boosts your damage and the accuracy of everyone in your party. Its duration lasts longer than its cooldown, always have it on.

Breath of Elion (shift + E)- AoE heal + resource recovery + extra run speed for 10 seconds. Very useful.

Vow of Trust (Shift + Space)- Sacrifice stamina for your attack resource. Dont need to level it up really, but its really useful to have your resource top off before a pull.

Sideways Slash (left or right + left click) - Quick slashes while dodging in the direction you are pressing. Higher levels use less stamina. Useful for repositioning while taking on packs

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 6, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I visited oniichans house in glich and now I cant leave because he walled the door with dressers.

e-Oh I was able to get out with one weird trick

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"Oh the first time I see a chat gold spammer, let me just right click and report" -Energy

Did this game seriously dock energy from me for reporting a chat spammer?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Agoat posted:

Does this game have a really cool economy? When it was explained to me it seemed like Eve Lite, but I really doubt that's what it is.

Well the game was supposed to be something akin to EVE but after the developers created a bunch of intricate PvP and economical features something happen (Daum), and they completely neutered both for the sake of not hurting people. The economy now is hard coded, player have even less of an impact on it than in a game like Elite Dangerous.

e-Actually thats a lie, both elite and this have a similar npc trade system.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All the ones that advertise in game are there to steal your loving card number. Legit chinaman leveling/currency sellers dont do that poo poo, they'll give you what you want but also steal your credit card soooo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Almost 35 already and have done basically nothing with my energy or contribution points. I aught to correct that but...effort.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You'll see plenty of stories of people having 40+ fail stacks and still fail back to back on 15 to 16. So I seriously doubt its 10%.

Also a fail stack is apparently just 1%

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 8, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

My concern with this was reports that when it gets disconnected in the tray, it goes to the splash screen and ramps up your GPU to 100%. Is that bullshit?

I didnt see my gpu lock at 100% but it did stay a step below. Not quite 2d mode but not quite full blast. I think it was at like 45% gpu.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LOL RIP channel chat, nothing of value was lost

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Korhal posted:

Goontang question. A group of friends and I are playing on Orwen Balenos 2 in the guild Tempest. We got a war dec from Goontang the other day and trying to figure out why, we're 80% goons and only have one person high enough to PVP so we're just trying to figure out what caused the declaration. Dying in PVP isn't a big deal but I'd like to be able to group with other goons again.

Goontang declared on parks once. I dont think it means much other than having a laugh maybe

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvtMBUAEbk

Valk Awakening Lance video. Probably the awakening that changes the class the least so far? It seems to be focused around charges, just counters, shield pushes and an ability that groups mobs in an area for a big gently caress off jump attack. It also has a small teaser for Bladers Halberd and Plums Spear.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Seems kinda like the greatsword, turning the classes strengths into wide AOE, could be good for group combat

GS seems to have a lot less mobility than lance but usually in group combat wider arcs are more useful than thrusts. And unless the lance has built in guard on most of its attacks, the GS would have the benefit of life leaching too. If lance has a lot of extra CC then I could see it being pretty useful, the sort of forward reach from its rushes could absolutely poo poo over rangers if they can lock them down.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FireWhizzle posted:

Valks job in world bosses:

1. Cast DP buff
2. Go afk

Is the range from shield throw just not enough to keep you safe during these cases?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Over or under that it gets extended a few more times today?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

... 75 bought the 100 dollar pack.

You idiots deserve your prices.

*buys fish costume for 30 bucks*

Chinagame outfits were also 30 bucks and as far as I know they didnt have extra benefits. You are getting a huge value!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Being a valk owns, here I am in an area where everything is either purple or very deep red mobing like 15 things at once and destroying them in a single celestial spear + shield throw

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I told you they were going to fastrack content. I'm guessing valencia by early late spring/early summer and valencia 2.0 with most awakened weapons by late summer/early fall.g

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clocks posted:

Yeah, wasn't Russia caught up within 5 months? And NA/EU were supposed to catch up even sooner, so Mediah within a month makes sense if they plan to have Valencia out within like 3-4.

Nah, I think it was just the fist part of valencia. The big valencia 2.0 update came out in dicember in korea and I dont think thats out in russia yet. It'll take a while to come out here, but I'm thinking we'll get it with most if not all awakened weapons right as it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

How much effort/time do these awakened weapons take to get? Gw2 legendary weapon effort? Or ffxi relic effort?

You need to get to base 56 to be able to take the black spirit quest for them, then you need to hunt down some world bosses. The world bosses are usually trolled by over leveled and over geared characters looking for easy kills.

How "easy" it is depends on your ability to level and not get hosed over in the world bosses. Its also a brand new weapon that you need to get to +17 at least to not be completely useless in pvp.