Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Those eager to try before beta (or missing it :v:) can do so for free on Russian server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Doesn't the required leveling account for the learning curve? Based on the XP rates, you'll definitely have time to figure your class out.
Not really, since even bad players pose significantly higher threat than any mobs in the game. You will learn what your buttons do, there's no doubt in that, but the key tricky bit of all three classes, i.e. being extremely squishy, is not something put to a test during the grind. Sure, mobs can and will kill you, but it won't be Ranger McSpergisson which kills you in 0.5x A presses that you will gain your levels upon.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh yeah, I've heard that there's practically no difficulty in a review someone did of the Korean release. I look forward to taking advantage of this in the PVP early on.
For early PvP, bring health potions. Lots of health potions. Who has more will basically decide any PvP until 50+. Also, don't try to kill a Ranger until you're 50+, or at least insult them well before you do since they'll otherwise kite any class to death.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Are people exaggerating how grindy this is? Because I want to play, but I'm definitely going blader (when they release the class) so that means two characters.
Not to mention the poo poo I've been reading about how NA's XP rates are like 4-5 times less than Korea's, which is insane to me.
One has to ask of these exaggerations, but the game indeed is grindy. With Russian experience rates, a reasonably geared Sorceress takes north of 200 hours, and that's when played by person who has level 60 Sorceress on Korea. As to rates, Russia indeed has slower experience gain than Korea, and I think we are getting even slower, but I am not quite sure on this last bit. Don't despair though, base levelling is piss easy on Russia - spergs claim that 1-55 is doable in 24 hours. Again though, 55 is not where the climb ends.

As to your future Blader, just transfer all the amour and poo poo from the old character. You will then need just to figure out the weapon, provided your old class was "compatible". I don't know how to gear out Blader, so I can't say you which class would work better for that.

Another thing is that Blader is being completely remade, so it can turn out to be a poo poo unfunny class you loathe.

Godmode Enabled posted:

Ground Floor :toot:

I hope they increase max guild size on NA version. I think its like 80-100
80 is Korea and 100 is Russia.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MH Knights posted:

How does the combat in this game compare to Vindictus?
Similar to some extent. If you have played C9, then it will also be fairly similar, since the game has one of C9 guys behind it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Skwee posted:

amazing
OUT OF THIS WORLD, THEY SAY :vince:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Serious question, was it for Beast or Beauty? :confused:
Beauty.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

Ok who took my name ><

I really cant get myself excited for this. I got the first beta test thing and logged in for maybe an hour. I dont even know if ill do the 2nd beta coming up :/

Somethings wrong with me :(
I can offer an all-encapsulating Dota 2, CS:GO, and EVE Online cybergaming triathlon training camp in remote (trust me, it's a pastoral experience) location in the pulchritudinous Eastern Latvia. 100% guaranteed money back if you struggle to find fun in anything else afterwards.

In other BDO news, top player on Russian servers has donated ~$13k insofar.

Edit:

Are people exaggerating how grindy this is? Because I want to play, but I'm definitely going blader (when they release the class) so that means two characters.
Not to mention the poo poo I've been reading about how NA's XP rates are like 4-5 times less than Korea's, which is insane to me.
Talked a bit more to spergs from Russian server earlier today, and so: with their rates, 1-50 solo is doable in under 20 hours, 50-55 is doable in another 30, give or take some time based on circumstances. As to your future Blader, everything except weapon and offhand will be almost the same as with most other classes. Neither weapon nor offhand do intersect with any other class though, so that's something you must expect as cash and/or time sink, depending on the route you'll take to get them.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 10, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If you're in for acid fix but your dealer is dry, try reading Suggestions section of official forums. Trip is real bad so far, but real trippy.

Edit: I mean, just read this:

quote:

this is a somewhat odd idea for an mmo. but this bring me to my most nostalgic and fondest memories of any MMO.

just to know fair well... it was runescape. but its no longer any good due to the changes they have made.

there used to be a certain area meant for you to pretty much get max combat and gear dropped there was at best for level 75. then they made levels go up considerably over a few years...teams went from lv75 gear of 4-7 to teams on 1-3 with gear set at lv 80,85,90 or have more features that could basically be bought or get lucky and put your money into something to make you stronger... this only gave powerful people more power.

please keep us limited to +15. its an attainable feature that doesnt get ridiculous and outrageously game changing. sure being +10 levels over a certain areas content you will 1 hit everything. but if we have limitations to what we do alone. it will only bring us together, like say for instance, a dungeon or raid?

lets assume someone get lucky somehow and does get a +20 like others have complained about with 10 or so tries

then assume over 50-100 tries another person is only at +16 because the game has not been fortunate.

this creates a real unbalance. elitism. and takes away from the MMO aspect of the game(the part im most concerned about)

this limits pvpers to be equally challenged in a fight as anyone who focuses on pve. the only difference will be SKILL(skill dependent game unless below geared)

there are also people that want to benefit more from their loyalty and dedication, they do need something rewarded to them but item levels are not a way to go.

maybe give them a special title or trophy for housing. or better yet how about a very rare costume with high requirements to acquire this will show prestige, but not break combat stats.

TL;DR

keep gear low and balanced

keeps the game underleveled to allow more parties to be formed and for no elites/ niche teams from gear

skill is important.

make us acquire something else than a +20...its to OP, and WAY TOO random to acquire

less 1 hit kill griefers(like +20 rangers in KR)

please no one troll this thought or my way of thinking. i just like the idea and thought id share the concept of maintaining difficulty at all levels and to not force, but benefit parties and such

Edit2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulefUs5674

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 10, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Returning back to this for the 3rd time, I must conclude that Western BDO fans are literally retarded on the whole, since it looks like we're getting something like 4.1 times the Korean experience rate if I have found reasonable numbers. Which would mean sperging levelling rate like this (sorry for open sores lovely histogram):

I hope Trump becomes president while developers give carte blanche to PKs so idiots begging for this can be chased out of the loving game, being reminded that they can't do poo poo purely because the experience rate they begged for.

Edit: gently caress, I'm getting real mad from brown forums acid. Time to check out new story chapter in SW:TOR.

Edit2:

Mjolnerd posted:

If anyone is on the fence about spending :20bux::20bux::10bux: for beta access, there's a key giveaway over here:

http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/black-desert-online-cbt2-key-giveaway/
By the way, this is dry already.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 10, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Is that a made up graph or actually accurate?
Depends. I took numbers from person shittalking slow experience idiots in the brown acid pool. He also had some number to for one of the periods on NA rates, so I used that to linearly scale the data, more or less. It's complete garbage, most likely. Also there is no updated official information on the issue, as of yet - not to mention bonus experience mechanics on our release etcetera, as well as conditions the original numbers were obtained in (provided we assume that they are trustworthy). If all of that though is true, then graph is basically accurate, give or take a third overall. In that case casual players would be in for a treat, since numbers are supposed to be turbopoopsocking grind on optimized routes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firstborn posted:

Would I like this if I hate crafting in MMOs? Like 75% of the OP is dedicated to it and the classes seem really boring and typical.
Craft is not really necessary, even for thirstier classes. You can find a top PvP players that won't be able to explain you how to tame a horse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

With launch just a few weeks away I figured it was about time for the prep for launch posts to go up, so I wanted to throw my two pennies in.

I've posted this on other sites and gathered information over the years to compile some information I seriously think is beneficial to you as a gamer. Enjoy and feel free to add to it! (Both legitimate and silly things alike.) EvrMoar from 2arc Gaming laid the foundation for this, and I've previously posted on MMO-Champ (as Blindhammer.)

Safety in a Gaming Marathon

There are two things that you have to be seriously wary of are Sleep Deprivation and Deep vein thrombosis.

Sleep Deprivation

There is little way to stop Sleep Deprivation, and it his highly recommend to not go to far over 48 hours without sleep. If you are planning on doing 24 hours+ please stay hydrated and well fed. If you can sleep, even if its 15mins after the first 24 hours and have someone wake you up, or set an alarm on vibrate, it will greatly help you stay focused and healthy. I can't stress enough, don't push past 72 hours if you haven't done it before and if you feel like your body isn't in a state to handle it. I will cover how to properly prepare for a marathon, but for now try to stick to under 72 hours. Recently someone suffered brain hemorrhaging in china just for gaming for 72 hours straight.

http://kotaku.com/ma...-mar-1581598210

Your body will try to compensate for loss of sleep, so just like your body needing more sleep after being up for 24hours+ you can also store sleep for when you need it. If possible try to sleep at least 12 hours before a marathon.

Sleeping has a ton of purposes for our body, one of which is relaxing the eyes. To avoid eye strain I highly recommend the 20/20/20 rule. Look at something 20 feet away, every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds. This will help ease headaches and will also help protect your eyes.

There is a program called f.lux (https://justgetflux.com/) that simulates wearing gaming specific eye protection and is something I know personally can stop headaches from staring at even an LED monitor too long. (I even used this in the cruiser when I was a patrolman.)

Last but not least don't drive or do something right after marathon without catching up on sleep. Simply put don't be dumb. If you have to work in 5 hours and you just stayed up for 24 hours+ PLEASE have a friend drive you, or take a bus. One of the highest cause of traffic accidents is sleep deprivation. This is logic people, don't endanger others!

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Deep Vein Thrombosis, in a nutshell, is what leads to blood clots that are fatal! So what happens when your sitting for extended periods of time is decreasing blood flow through your body. This can create blood clots, those blood clots can dislodge when you become more active and, unfortunately, often kill. This is often what you hear about in the news that kills gamers that stay up for days on end.

‘If you sit for 90 minutes or more at a desk, the blood flow behind your knees decreases by 50 per cent, significantly increasing the chance of a DVT,’

‘It is vital to take regular breaks every hour or so: get up, walk about, rotate your ankles and stretch out your calf muscles.’

I pulled these facts from a couple articles, please just get up and stretch and walk around when possible. Don't sit in your chair for hours on end without getting up and moving!

You can purchase and use these: http://www.amazon.com/Zensah-Compre...ression+sleeves They cost about $40 and help with blood flow when in a seated position for a long time. ( DO NOT SLEEP IN THESE)

quote:

NOTICE: This is an addition from a friend of mine named Chow, who is far more knowledgeable in the subject as he is a doctor, and we should all heed his warnings and use the information he's provided.

So I'll chime in here and offer my medical advice.

I've seen more than 1 patient in my career suffer a pulmonary embolus (a blot clot occluded an artery leading to the lungs) after a 6-hour flight. And patients almost on a daily basis who are bed bound in the hospital. In the hospital, we heparinize our patients as a prophylaxis and use compression stockings and patients still develop blood clots because of stagnation. With regards to gaming, it's been well documented that people have died from blood clots from stagnation.

Below are two links for handouts we've given patients on exercises on the plane they can do.

For those who like to read:
http://www.drhu.eu/publications/2008...Entertainment/

For those who just want a picture:
http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/credi...texercise1.gif

How to Prepare and Keep Going!

Now for the fun part, how to prepare and keep going and keep your body in a good place while you're trying to hit the level cap. This will mostly cover food, and water intake to help you keep your body happy.

RULE 1 DO NOT DRINK ENERGY DRINKS
No don't do it, it does not help you stay up like you think and it is not good for your body when you need to stay up for more than 24 hours.

This next section is a bit on the graphic side, but people in all seriousness, this is something to think about.

Your body needs water, water should be your number one choice. Honestly when you take a piss if it's yellow you need to drink more water. That is the easiest way to gauge it, if it doesn't look like water coming out you're wrong.

How do you know if you’re properly hydrated? Take a look at your urine. Generally speaking, the clearer the urine, the better hydrated you are. If it is a clear-pale lemonade color, you are hydrated. If it is a darker lemonade to apple juice color, you are dehydrated. And if it is dark and cloudy, you are severely dehydrated and should notify medical staff immediately.

Basic hydration know how, please stick to water.

To give you a short idea of why not to drink soda/sugars is because of crashing. Coffee is good to start off, but generally, caffeine doesn't wake you up it stops the flow of chemicals that makes you feel tired. It doesn't magically wake you up, it just stalls you feeling tired. So once you're tired caffeine won't help. Sugar makes you crash, even tho it picks you up for a little bit you will crash. It's less harsh on your body, and will be more effective if you stick to water and avoid sugary food/drinks. You can start with coffee but don't depend on it, and once you start to feel tired just stick to water.

FOOD

This is going to sound like everything you heard growing up but stick to fruits and veggies to replenish nutrients you need, ones that your body will be burning when it goes into overdrive mode. Sticking to these foods will help your body a ton!

To name a few:
- Baby Carrots
- Peanuts/nuts and peanut butter
- Yogurt with/without oats
- Tuna (no mayo, use a dressing or mustard)
- Grilled or baked meats (ie Chicken and Fish, less on the red meats.)

These foods are amazing to help your body when you need to stay up for longer hours.

Don't Risk Your Life For First lvl 50!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MH Knights posted:

What is the hacking/botting/gold seller spam situation like in this game? It is a KMMO so botting/gold seller spam are a given but do they get in the way of normal play? For example I remember playing the NA launch of Aion and there was so much gold seller spam it was almost impossible to chat in any of the general channels. Ignoring the spammers didn't work either as you maxed out the ignore list after about 15 minutes.

The last KMMO I played was Archage and the hacking in that game was...something special. Hopefully there is nothing like that in this game.
Basic mouse/keyboard click automation so far. Hot poo poo is to use it to make a fishing bot of sorts, apparently. As to goldsellers, I've yet to notice them on Russia, but I neither have high level characters there nor do I play in the prime time.

MH Knights posted:

I see the op lists classes not yet implemented for NA/EU and has two names for each class. Does this mean they are not gender locked?
Classes with two names are not genderlocked indeed. There are, however, subtle differences between them, in some cases, so they are largely, but not completely, the same classes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

afaik, there isn't any that is "easy" due to player to player trading being completely removed from the game. Add onto that mandatory price points for the market and there really isn't an easy way, outside of paying a chinese convict to vpn into the american server and grind for 2700 hours.
Selling is clumsy indeed, but basically it's a direct auction transfer with fees on the supplier. Due to that, prices are fairly high, starting at $1 for 2 million silver or so for the Russian f2p server.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Just use your loving brain. You punch the trees to get the wood. You get the wood to build the cabin.
New update to Markov Chain Simulator looking great.

Polegrinder posted:

So I snagged a beta key from that website giveaway linked earlier. First, I'm concerned my computer will be able to run this game smoothly with my poo poo GPU. Second, is this another BnS like game, with lots of flash and no content? I love the combat in BnS and this game looks to improve upon that greatly, but if there is nothing to do at max level except PvP then I want to stay far away. I'm considering giving away the key if this is going to be a poo poo tier game. Thanks
It is an explicitly PvP oriented game. It will run reasonably smoothly on most comptuers, if it's optimized well enough to run decently on my laptop on not even lowest settings. As to whether if this is going to be a poo poo tier game is something you will have to see for yourself.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 10, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nevz posted:

I'm looking for a game where I don't feel completely gimped by not playing non stop.

Scared to get into an MMO because I still want some form of a life! is this game pretty casual friendly or what? I can do occasional raids for gear, and enjoy dungeons etc and love PVP but all combined is the grind strong with this one?
You most definitely will feel completely gimped in PvP by not playing frequently at the very least. The game is casual-friendly to a rather mild extent. There are no raids and dungeons to speak off, few open world bosses aside, which happen to be one of the main alley to feel gimped on as turbospergs from half the server come crushing on you (assuming you actually had scouts online to catch the respawn timer first, you may as well never see the boss). Also right above:

DancingShade posted:

If you hate grinding stay away.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean you sperg gently caress.
Don't worry, he's off, you're more of a yangire, really.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Look, realtalk this game is going to be unfulfilling as heck. I just want to play it so I can be the scythe-wielding tittywitch I know I was born to be. It's like imagine a typical MMO but there's even less content. No raids, barely (maybe) dungeons, laughable world boss encounters, etc. Endgame is going to be all PvP. Endgame for me will be making pubbies cry with my anime lady until I get bored of that and quit forever!!

Good things about this game? Combat, graphics, character creator.
To each it's own, some people wait for meaningful continuation to CC-era Lineage 2. Will this be it, or quick fix - time will show. I just hope it doesn't chokes like both western versions of ArcheAge did pronto.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Considering they've stated that NA release will be 4-6 months behind the KR version, unless in a sudden radical shift in direction occurs I don't think you'll be surprised by any new changes. Despite the NA feedback pretty much going "all of this is poo poo and we'll hate it" and it doesn't sound like they've accepted much feedback for NA except for EXP rates. :cripes:
See, that's the thing. They've shown will to implement dumb changes based on incompetent wishes, so I don't hold my breath that from here on it shall be flawless. Besides that, you never know with modern KMMOs if 90% of population won't abandon the game after a week or two for one reason or another.

How well this EU/NA ArcheAge do after the release? It had triple the preorders compared to BDO.

I'd like to be optimistic, but I was born on the wrong coast for that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Keep in mind that this is Buy2Play so as long as the cash shop isn't complete and utter bullshit, it'll do well. The general MMO playing public knows the Black Desert name after years of hype so if they're not playing at launch, they'll be playing soon after.
We'll see. I'm optimistic about buy-to-play model and the publisher we're having, but there's no telling of the future.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

So let me get this straight since everyone seems to hate it, I can't walk around and punch guys and have fun with this for a month for $30?
I still plan to buy it despite massive dose of brown forums acid I took earlier today, punishing MMORPGs and terrible life choices are my fetish. Also, this smells a lot like early Lineage 2, and I was busy with ArcheAge when the early hype train was rolling around so I never knew what the game was supposed to be, much like plenty of other goons, I imagine.

Eonwe posted:

sorry guys you will also have to put up with my lovely posting in this thread until I get bored with the game
As long as Drinkfist is around you should :justpost:.

Check this thread out. He thinks there's gonna be political conspiracies, guild spies and warning players to be extremely calculative in their affiliations with certain guilds because if the guild dies and you're friends with the wrong people, you're hosed

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11313-surviving-the-sandbox-a-guide/&page=1

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

These loss edits are getting more and more abstract.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

You really shouldn't read that forum, it's bad for your sanity.
You could make ultimate torture tool by crossmixing it with GIP and TFR.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Christ, they're already hyping up another Korean MMO called Bless before this one even launches. Will this genre's fans never learn?
It's not really just fans. Black Desert was sitting at 80th place in the Korean online game rankings, as in dead. Hence, time to make more money with new game, since people do play MMOs.

What I do not quite get though, is why Korean developers keep trying to make PvP games like ArcheAge or Black Desert, if modern Korean MMORPG player has a strong disdain for PvP?

Also, Bless is shaping up to be just a flyby themepark MMO.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

I'm curious about how the developer is differing from the KR guys, and what happens if they axe the project in KR, the only interview I found was this
So, the who-is-who: Pearl Abyss are the developers of the game. Daum Games publishes game in Korea, North America, and Europe. GameNet publishes game in Russia. GameOn Japan publishes the game too, guess where :razz:. To make now slightly more sense of it, let us separate Daum Games into hypothetical Daum Games Korea and Daum Games West.

Now, with this out of the way, as you well know - the developer works only as long as much as publisher pays them, unless they also act as publisher, which is not the case indeed. Therefore, we can expect continued, active development of Black Desert only if it becomes more profitable than making a new game. Depends on agreement between the developer and the publishers though, so, for simplicity's sake, let's assume that developer here (unrealistic, but simple to talk through) makes the decision between continuing Black Desert and making a different game. In that case, for Black Desert to see further development, it must become more profitable than a generic Korean MMO market cash grab.

On the ground, right now, situation is more or less following: Daum Games Korea has folded, GameNet is in the process of folding. God alone knows what's the situation with GameOn Japan, and Daum Games West is happening in a month.

So yeah, unless game blows up in the west and Russia stops folding (and maybe some new emergent markets or some semblance of revival in Korea), it's unlikely that any future updates beyond prefabricated content on hold will be more than nominal.

Is the Asian market enough to justify not going all out with a proper sandbox, which people have been begging for in Western markets for the past decade? I'm asking because I really don't know.
It's more than enough, if they actually go and deliver everything they promise, for once, and not a tiny fraction of it. Other issue here is that "AAA" sandbox paradigm does build itself upon PvP more often to greater extent than not. Russia is going to pay through the nose for tumbleweed simulator, just give ability to qualitatively gently caress up other Russians. So will do lots of Europeans (expanding Europe to Turkey here), and I believe that all Americas would do so as well, if to a slightly lesser extent since European don't get picky about other poo poo as long as PvP is the real deal. But that is us, foreigners of all kinds. Koreans like PvP nowhere near as much as we do. Catch-22 is what you call this, I believe.

Probad posted:

There are so many great sandbox games out now that we're all huddled in here throwing dollars at a Korean game no one likes.
Hmm, here's the definitive list of at least somewhat fresh, great sandbox games out now that are not an arbitrary combination of too poor for artists/isometric lyfe of 1995/project by a man and his goat, and which also are already released, and which also are not EVE Online:

vrath posted:

On a far grimmer note, who is ready to grind to 50 during the cbt. I must whip myself with the cat of nine poopsocks to cleanse my spirit before I start 96 hours before release and hit 50 before the poors even log in.
I should be participating in both of these things, provided I can wrap up successfully the bulk of imminent studies before the CBT2 arrives.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I made my sorceress real pretty.
:how:

Monomythian posted:

You don't understand, there's no market for sandbox games.

*watches Minecraft break 100 million sales, becomes biggest selling game in history*
Imagine Minecraft where arbitrary people can connect to your server without your consent.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 11, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

There are attempts at it, Shards looks interesting. But there's no NA publishers willing to put down a lot of money to do it, so the sandbox projects are small and niche. Not sure why Korea specializes in them, maybe the insular and less toxic community makes them better, whereas here like in Archeage it seems to be a race of which guild can destroy the server the fastest.
For your information, SSN registration in Korea is due to how toxic their communities can be. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

I would pay the blood of many virgins to connect to peoples minecraft servers without consent.
72, by any chance? :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I spent $150 on ArcheAge and I really regret it.
There was a a short period of time where I spent $120 on MechWarrior Online, $110 on Star Citizen, and $40 on DayZ Standalone, amongst other things.

Good grief I'm from Eastern Europe though. I sold MWO to Russian for $85, Star Citizen for $190 to some redditor, and it sort of worked out. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I genuinely feel bad for them. 4 months away from release and the company in charge of their engine (which was the only viable option since they started production in 2010, a time where Unity was poo poo and the mere thought of indies using Unreal/CryEngine would get you accused of being under the influence of some serious drugs) shits the bed. What a shame.

The hand they've been dealt is absolutely bullshit, but it'll work out for the best.
I'm legitimately happy that Heron Engine did not work out for them. It's absolute poo poo of an engine. :colbert:

Star Wars: The Old Republic runs worse on my laptop than Black Desert.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Hey everyone

AM I BEING DETAINED?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ArcheAge was real good on Korea, especially the closed beta tests.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RedTonic posted:

What region are goons playing this mess on? I'm in for CBT2 and am prepared to know regret.
America I guess, it's not like there are lots of Europeans here - maybe 3 of us total?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

Well, since you'll be honorary americans, feel free to join us for our bbq of our 2 party political system.
Beanless chili is the only chili that matters. Let's put the stop the reign of terror of radical culinaric terrorists, let's buy a door to keep bean havers out of our country. Make kitchen great again!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goon AA drama sounds amazing. :allears:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The salt is real, I'm watching the stream for 20 minutes and it's just marvelous. Guy is farming some really tough archer NPCs, and is getting ganked by the same guy on the spot, twice in these 20 minutes. Both times last hit is on the NPC so I presume that ganker incurs only minimal karma penalty for aggression. So far I've heard praises towards every server except Russia, lamenting of having to play on Russia, and lots of pure salt about the gank and about running out of potions.

Fake edit: Oh, now self-deprecating reroll chat. This game will be amazing post-50, while it lasts - players just need to be vocal.

:allears:

Edit: Is this gank #3?
Edit2: Not yet. :mad:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 11, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Meanwhile in the salt mines, mobs just killed the guy without any player involvement. It was instagib. :allears:

Third World Reggin posted:

Open pvp is really enough to be used as griefing, drama, and reason to play.

As of yet the pvp restrictions are not that harsh for what NA looks like it will have. I really hope to see the CBT2 info soon.
I hope gullible idiots on brown forums acid can whine developers into even more relaxed open PvP ruleset. Even then it still should be good, at first at least, unless they gently caress up open world PvP even more than it's in Korea, somehow, which though is extremely unlikely.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

All these stupid loving contests, no first come first serve giveaways.
There were like 3 first come first server giveaways yesterday.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

It was, it was what made the game great.

Ive told this to Eonwe, but in case anyone who remembers the incident and amount of drama that followed, it was me and a buddy who ganked that wicked officer early on and took his tradepack, causing him to have a meltdown and demand all the high level meetings with goon leaders.
We had just left the guild over the pedo defenders, but my wife was an officer and hadn't left yet, but was hanging out with us. We had made a guild with a tag that looked like "GOON" and were looking for friendlies to kill, when we see some guy from wicked. We still had whatever the goon symbol was on our sails, so he waved at and passed by really lose with seemingly no concern in the world. My buddy lassoed his rear end off his boat and he and I commenced killing him surprisingly quickly, as he was quite unprepared for a fight.

We didn't think much of it until my wife told us that it was being mentioned in goon chat, and that wicked was mad about goons betraying them. Wicked blamed my wife for it, and I think had a screen shot of her standing on the boat. We thought that this was the only grief that would result, but then we got to hear the recordings from wicked's mumble of their reaction and read the transcripts of the officer meetings that followed. It seemed to kick off a lot of the suspicion that undermined the alliance, for which we couldn't have been happier. We were also the "goons" that kept attacking the fishers, at least until kismensus came back and burnt everything to the ground.

Was it kismensus or werkwerk who led the raid that became a giant fight against wicked out in the ocean after we stole their tradeship? The amount of rage in general chat after that was also p funny. Also the CDC blockades.

If we can get close to repeating that stuff in this game, or any of the stories werkwerk has told me about wushu, $30 will be worth it no matter how bad the game itself is
:dogbutton: The gently caress did westerners do in ArcheAge that is hasn't happened in 6 years of nullsec EVE Online?

Edit: In a hindsight though, my guild leader did hire professional Korean-Russian translators for our closed betas, with priority service agreement. So maybe meeting transcript is fairly mild. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

never forget :911:
:laffo:

What was the deal with the loving transcripts though?