Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
http://bdo-templates.com/

found this site, since I'm too lazy to make my own man killing beast. Also, that op is majestic as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

OUT OF THIS WORLD, THEY SAY :vince:

this face should be mandatory

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Does my homeboy need to J4G or can I sponsor him

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

MH Knights posted:

What is the hacking/botting/gold seller spam situation like in this game? It is a KMMO so botting/gold seller spam are a given but do they get in the way of normal play? For example I remember playing the NA launch of Aion and there was so much gold seller spam it was almost impossible to chat in any of the general channels. Ignoring the spammers didn't work either as you maxed out the ignore list after about 15 minutes.

The last KMMO I played was Archage and the hacking in that game was...something special. Hopefully there is nothing like that in this game.

I see the op lists classes not yet implemented for NA/EU and has two names for each class. Does this mean they are not gender locked?

afaik, there isn't any that is "easy" due to player to player trading being completely removed from the game. Add onto that mandatory price points for the market and there really isn't an easy way, outside of paying a chinese convict to vpn into the american server and grind for 2700 hours.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Stanley Pain posted:

I hate it when we're apart.

This, but also please make sure they aren't an insufferable butt head either.

As much as I can tell, (since I'm fairly new to SA) should be alright.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Your military service made you so tsundere

Thanks for my word of the day.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

New update to Markov Chain Simulator looking great.

Thanks for my new stochastic process of the day.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

It is now, because I took it.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

also look, fair warning here

a lot of the Wushu goons are playing this, like Drinkfist for example

Drinkfist will be a huge dick to you on the forums, on Mumble, in game, whatever

you'd think, well that makes Drinkfist a dick

but not really, he is actually p good and alright and he'll help you with something if you need help (but he'll call you an idiot while he is doing it)

No, I get it, I'm in the military and I am 'tsundre' to the new guys.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

I still plan to buy it despite massive dose of brown forums acid I took earlier today, punishing MMORPGs and terrible life choices are my fetish. Also, this smells a lot like early Lineage 2, and I was busy with ArcheAge when the early hype train was rolling around so I never knew what the game was supposed to be, much like plenty of other goons, I imagine.
As long as Drinkfist is around you should :justpost:.

You really shouldn't read that forum, it's bad for your sanity.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

It's not really just fans. Black Desert was sitting at 80th place in the Korean online game rankings, as in dead. Hence, time to make more money with new game, since people do play MMOs.

What I do not quite get though, is why Korean developers keep trying to make PvP games like ArcheAge or Black Desert, if modern Korean MMORPG player has a strong disdain for PvP?

Also, Bless is shaping up to be just a flyby themepark MMO.

I'm curious about how the developer is differing from the KR guys, and what happens if they axe the project in KR, the only interview I found was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXG35hsBltA

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Chris Roberts figured it all out for real though. People want the dream. He has created the WH40k god emperor of sand box mmo's, which made 90,000$ today alone, 5.5 MILLION in the past month and well over 100 Million total with 0 deliverables. Sure, there are whispers of heresy that the god emperor is actually dead, but they will be purged soon.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

On a far grimmer note, who is ready to grind to 50 during the cbt. I must whip myself with the cat of nine poopsocks to cleanse my spirit before I start 96 hours before release and hit 50 before the poors even log in.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

Imagine Minecraft where arbitrary people can connect to your server without your consent.

I would pay the blood of many virgins to connect to peoples minecraft servers without consent.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

America I guess, it's not like there are lots of Europeans here - maybe 3 of us total?

Well, since you'll be honorary americans, feel free to join us for our bbq of our 2 party political system.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey so has anyone made Emily Blunt for me in the game yet?

whoever is doing emily blunt for you should do a john Krasinski berserker for me, then we can have an in-game wedding.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

RedTonic posted:

The default sorceress face isn't too far off from Blunt. Mostly just need to fix the hair color to include awful highlights.

I haven't played anything more recent than The Secret World, so I was overdue for a bad decision like this.

The secret world is going to be a hard one to beat as far as decisions go. I'm thinking that this one can definitely crush a little more sand out of all our souls.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing, I'm sure a lot of the people in this thread including myself will donate our trial keys to people willing to participate in fishing.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

it does, but just think 2 months from now when goons get bored, if we've let cool people play, then there would still be people playing

I'd have to ask that Latvian dude as he obviously knows, but what's to stop us from splitting into multiple guilds who are allied, not that I figure we'll have over 100 for more than the first 2 weeks or minutes...

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

My hope is that the goons who end up running the guild don't jerk off about how much better they are than pubbies

If there is a cool non goon that wants to join, they should be allowed

Are we going to hold primaries for president?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

RedTonic posted:

That would be nice. Allied guilds might not be too feasible based on how node/town sieges have been explained, but I guess we'll find out more soon.

I reserved a dumb name. I shouldn't be allowed to name poo poo when I'm running on fumes.

You can change it you know.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Eonwe should lead the guild.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

I will gladly follow any goon who lets me stab mans and cause anger amongst other guilds against us.

If kimsemus is GL he can make pacts and then violate them himself making a perfect carnot cycle.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Charles Bukowski posted:

The best guild leaders are the ones that can tell people to shut the gently caress up. Well, raid leaders anyway.

I agree on the raid leaders part. IMO, the best guild leaders and people that like pubbies, and can patch up relationships with them, setting up a perfect situation where we can destroy those relationships for a harvest.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

lewtt posted:

gently caress-Y0UM-0THR-FUKR

i'm talking to drinkfist right now, he's probated but he says he'll lead
he says he's sorry for killing skyforge. he's also begging for forgiveness for sassing half the thread and said he'll fix his alcoholism so this kind of thing won't happen again

Yes, if we vote him in now, by the time he gets back he'll have no other choice but to get probated for more sass.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

I got a code for someone. Message me.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Nope. That means goon fuckery is going to be very hard. Anyone have ideas?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Lt. Lizard posted:

Browse the official forums for a bit. Goons will probably piss off half of the server just by existing.

Oh, no I was talking about loving ourselves, everyone else is a given.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Werkwerk posted:

Anyone got a spare beta key? Looking forward to roadside bomb antics

pm me if you still need one.

Also, I love that :eonwe: is the new :siren:

vrath fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 15, 2016

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Third World Reggin posted:

which part was made up

I believe he's referring to what he sees as you {or others} insinuating that he has ulterior motives for providing administration/support for a discord.

As far as big goon discord/mumble or new server gate goes, I'm pretty divided. On one side, being in the big server means we're a more visible active group, at least for the first 48. On the other side, the less people you have involved in something, the less chance that it will devolve into a goat gently caress.

e: Hmmm....putting it like that I believe both of those are a plus for using the big server.

vrath fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 15, 2016

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

lol if you still care about SPIEZ IN MY GOON GUILD though. i remember when i cared and forced people to go through badr's stupid forum hoops, special papaerwork and whatnot. gently caress me that was the worst thing i had a hand in. never again

As someone who has joined in the past year, I think that SA clans draw a certain type of person, and the culture of the people who game here defends itself from intrusion by its very nature. It's more likely that someone spais to just cause drama then joins in order to do so.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

what do you mean, you people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63cgUeSsY0

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

As far as I can tell PVP is still there. I mean, you can even just straight up random pk, as long as you have an infrastructure in place to deal with the fact that you are now a perma crim. Add to that the ability to take over towns or whatever capture mechanics there are, and now you have an option to kill mens in the period before you can support becoming a man apart.

Also, It's beautiful, the combat seems good, and most importantly because I hate myself.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Hello yes all of these things seem fun and things I like to do. Stabbing mans, then taking their things, I just wish there was a jury system like in AA where I could just be like "50s for innocent" and repeatedly get off the hook.

Now, I don't think you can actually take their things. But I believe you can make them lose their things, which is even better from my point of view, now there is no chance of them looting it back.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

is it of consequence or is it something like they lose 20 silver coins they can get back in 2 minutes of hitting npc's. from what im reading so far, it looks like standard risk free knocking over mans pvp until the territory expansion happens

Latvian dude correct me if I'm wrong but they lose something called gems which are a pain in the rear end of some sort to replace and may be vaugely related to gear strength or enchanting. That's not important. What's important is that the loss of whatever they lose makes them sad.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Third World Reggin posted:

Explain drinkfist then

"Let us dispel the notion that Drinkfist does not know exactly what he is doing. Drinkfist knows exactly what he is doing."

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Eonwe posted:

there are a lot of people I've seen interested in this that have hosed people over in the past

this is going to be a wild and quick ride I bet

A wild ride is the best ride. I mean who do you want making your game Jeb Bush or Donald Trump?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

YOTC posted:

I could understand if that was it, but people seem to speak with malice about discord. :shrug:

I think it's cause it's new. Me and my friends still pay for our ventrilo server, even though discord is free.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

kalstrams posted:

VoIP Wars 2: Ventrilo Boogaloo

I bet you and your friends also vote for neoconservatives.

The ones of us that are chipping in the 1.50 each a year do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Holy gently caress that was bad. I mean, I feel like a streamer could have done a better intro to the game while loving drunk, and just using cuts of game footage.